** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21

Wigan v Blackburn. Over 4 goals. 5.25 @ Bet365 (5/10) :loon Everton v Wolves. Both to score. 1.83 @ Bet365 (7/10) :ok West Brom v Bolton. Both to score. 1.66 @ Bet365 (7/10) :ok Norwich v Arsenal. Over 3 goals. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (8/10) PUSH Stoke -1 vs QPR. 2.52 @ Pinnacle (5/10) :wall
Tremendous call on Wigan match :ok

Chelsea - Liverpool These types of games can go either way so as usual I will stay away from Win-Draw-Win markets even though I think it is unlikely that Liverpool without Gerrard will be able to get anything from this game. I will instead focus on the cards market. Games between these two sides rarely produce many cards. In fact in the last 10 games between Chelsea and Liverpool (including games in the Champions League) only only twice there were more than 4 cards. In the last 4 games between these two sides the card stats are as follows: 06.02.12 Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool (2 yellow) 07.11.10 Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea (2 yellow) 02.05.10 Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea (3 yellow) 04.10.09 Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool (2 yellow) Referee for this game is Lee Probert who does not show many cards, In the last 5 games he was in charge he showed 5 cards only once in UEFA Europa League game between Slovan Bratislava and PSG. In the last 4 Premier League games he was in charge he showed 4 yellow cards or less. Under 45 Booking Points @ 2.37 (3 units) William Hill
Mustafa, I am nearly sure Atkinson is in charge and Probert is in charge on Monday night. Atkinson is slightly different with regards to his stats - of his last 5 matches, 2 went under the 45 point mark and 3 went over this mark. Last 5 matches all inclusive = 6, 2, 5, 8, 2 Last 5 matches EPL = 2, 8, 2, 5, 3 But as you rightly point out meetings between these two have had few cards, so I think your still on the right bet. Good Luck!

Mustafa, I am nearly sure Atkinson is in charge and Probert is in charge on Monday night. Atkinson is slightly different with regards to his stats - of his last 5 matches, 2 went under the 45 point mark and 3 went over this mark. Last 5 matches all inclusive = 6, 2, 5, 8, 2 Last 5 matches EPL = 2, 8, 2, 5, 3 But as you rightly point out meetings between these two have had few cards, so I think your still on the right bet. Good Luck!
I am a bit confused. That's the info I took from premierleague.com 20TH NOVEMBER Chelsea v Liverpool (Kick-off 4.00pm) Referee: L Probert. Assistants: S Ledger, S Burt Fourth Official: H Webb Match Delegate: S Morgan PGMO: K Morton 21ST NOVEMBER Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (Kick-off 8.00pm) Referee: M Halsey. Assistants: S Child, R Ganfield Fourth Official: L Probert Match Delegate: N Cusack PGMO: W J Norbury

A lot written already about the City - Newcastle games so I won't repeat for this bet. However I will make the following points: - Newcastle have the best defensive record in the league, shipping just 8 goals in 11 games so far. - City's home record is a very impressive P5 W5 F16 A2, however when you dig a bit deeper, they have been a 2nd half team. Their record at HT reads P5 W2 D3 F2 A0. They have been leading 1-0 vs Villa & Wigan at HT, but held 0-0 by Swansea, Everton & Wolves. - Times of the first goals in their home games have been 57, 13, 68, 28, 52 I think a factor in City's slow starts to games at home is Mancini's approach, where he does not set his team out to go gung-ho, more to wear teams down gradually. I don;t have the quote to hand, but he made comments to this effect after the Wolves game if I recall correctly. Add in the possible international hangover for key City players, the looming CL game in Italy, and the solidity of Newcastle so far, then I think the first half will be slow to get going. The spread firms have the time of the first go set at 31-34, while most bookies line is around 25-27 mins. So the fact that Paddy Power goes 21 mins is tempting enough to play. Obviously it only takes a second to score a goal, but all factors point to the breakthrough taking a while to arrive. It may also be worth considering taking the 2nd half to be the highest scoring at 2.1, but I will play the first goal minutes: 2pts Time of First Goal after 21st min @1.91 - Paddy Power
Bet won. Another slow start from City at home, definitely something to keep in mind going forward. Especially when they will generally be long odds on and so the related time of first goal will be earlier (often in the teens I would expect)

Norwich V Arsenal Again a lot written about this game already. Just a couple of points: -Norwich have conceded 3 to both Villa & Blackburn, and prior to that while holding Liverpool to 1 at Anfield, gave up a whopping 29 goal attempts. -Arsenal have 11 goals in their last 3 PL games, and are perfectly set up to punish lax defending on the break. Over 2.5 Arsenal team goals is a best price 3.0, but I have gone with the 3.5 about them winning the race to 3 goals with William Hill. I normally cover these with a push on 2 goals by backing the team to win the race to 2 goals as well, but given Arsenal's defensive frailties, I'll swerve it this time. 1.5pts Arsenal Race to 3 goals @3.5 - William Hill
Bet lost. Arsenal should really of notched 3 at least, dissapointed to lose this one

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 This afternoon will see a high profile clash between to racist teams ;) The reds have improved on the road, compared to previous season, the problem is at home where the pressure seems to be getting to us. Chelsea have been falltering laterly so this could be a good time to play them. Liverpool have the big game temperment, they tend to do well in these kind of clashes. Dalglish will set the team out to fustrate chelsea, an make the most off opportunities when they come our way. Im swaying towards the redmen to grab something from this. Liverpool +0.5 @ 2.05. Bet 365

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Chelsea - Liverpool Selection draw Strength 10/10 Date 20/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.64 Reasoning Both teams are not in a great form. Liverpool are coming after a 0-0 draw at home against Swansea and Chelsea are coming after a 1-0 win away to Blackburn and a 3-5 loss at home against Arsenal aaaand 1-0 defeat at QPR. I think this match is heading towards a 0-0 or at most 1-1 draw, because both teams have Champions League spot desires and with both of them going through a not so happy period I think a draw would please them both in the end. I also think that it is the fair result into this one cause they're both about the same level at the moment. Also if you look at their recent meetings Liverpool were slightly better than Chelsea in their direct matches and since then Liverpool improved a bit, so Chelsea shouldn't be given as such big favorites for this one. The odds should really be at around 2.2 or higher for home win. It'll probably be a draw, but I think you could also cover the away win possibility with a small stake, just to be sure, although none of these 2 don't seem to have that edge.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Does anyone have an opinion on Chelsea to score 2 goals or more @ ~ 1.84? I am currently pondering taking up this bet. I havent done alot of research on chelsea and have watched maybe only 3 or 4 of their games this season. any input will be much appreciated.

Does anyone have an opinion on Chelsea to score 2 goals or more @ ~ 1.84? I am currently pondering taking up this bet. I havent done alot of research on chelsea and have watched maybe only 3 or 4 of their games this season. any input will be much appreciated.
The last eight league encounters here have gone under 2.5 goals, so I'm not personally sure how fruitful backing goals will be here in this scenario. A lot of people expect goals as it's a top game and live on Sky, which isn't always necessarily the case.

The last eight league encounters here have gone under 2.5 goals' date=' so I'm not personally sure how fruitful backing goals will be here in this scenario. A lot of people expect goals as it's a top game and live on Sky, which isn't always necessarily the case.[/quote'] thanks alot, i dont think i will go for it. did you take up any bets yourself?

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Chelsea=Liverpool bets Ladbrokes. Liverpool +0.5 , +1.0 - 1.78 under 2.5 - 1.92 Chelsea have a Champions league match coming and obviously will have an eye on their midweek clash, whereas Liverpool have no such distractions, and as stated in this thread they tend to give big performances in these kind of matches. I am going for unders in this clash as Liverpool haven't been prolific this season, whereas if Chelsea score first they will probably try to keep Liverpool at bay and be content with a 1-0 win (though I think a more probable score might be 0-0 or 0-1), again in view of their Champions league match.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 I think Liverpool at 3.5 (DNB) is fantastic value. £10 stake on that gives me a £25 profit. Fingers crossed :ok Liverpool can obviously score goals and have a chance in this game. Could go any way. Worth a punt. Infact I can't believe I can get 3.5 on DNB.

Seeing as Paddypower paid out on both Lennon and Bale for 1st goalscorer yesterday :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy I'll use a little of my unexpected winnings from backing Lennon on the following: Liverpool to be leading at half-time: 4/1 with William Hill HT/FT: Liverpool/Chelsea 25/1 with most bookies HT/FT: Liverpool/Draw 16/1 with most bookies As people have rightly said, Swansea gave Liverpool a really good game but as with Sunderland and Norwich, Liverpool should have been out of sight in 30 minutes. I know these games have been at home but Liverpool tend to be fast starters and will one day give someone a hiding. I'm not suggesting this hiding will be over Chelsea but I see no reason why LFC can't score early against a wobbly Chelsea defence. Only Villa, QPR, Stoke and Wigan have a poorer conversion rate than Liverpool when it comes to putting away chances but they do play well against the bigger clubs. Small stakes on the HT/FTs.
First one in and I expect the Liverpool/Chelsea to come in soon enough.

I think Liverpool at 3.5 (DNB) is fantastic value. £10 stake on that gives me a £25 profit. Fingers crossed :ok Liverpool can obviously score goals and have a chance in this game. Could go any way. Worth a punt. Infact I can't believe I can get 3.5 on DNB.
:cigar Thank Youuuu

This afternoon will see a high profile clash between to racist teams ;) The reds have improved on the road, compared to previous season, the problem is at home where the pressure seems to be getting to us. Chelsea have been falltering laterly so this could be a good time to play them. Liverpool have the big game temperment, they tend to do well in these kind of clashes. Dalglish will set the team out to fustrate chelsea, an make the most off opportunities when they come our way. Im swaying towards the redmen to grab something from this. Liverpool +0.5 @ 2.05. Bet 365 :beer
Get in Johnson such a composed finished, Dont Liverpool just love these big games, there certainly raise themselves for it. Well done also Blackcrow :cheers Feel sorry for draw backers

I will probably take this later in the week as team news is essential for the home team but all going well I will take with Betfair: WBA vs Bolton Bolton @ 4.3 WBA vs Bolton Bolton + 0.5 @ evens Bolton came off a thumping win to beat a lethargic Stoke last time round. They will be looking to keep up the positives with a win against WBA, just 2 points ahead of them in a congested bottom half. Bolton have results of 3-0-7, though 5 of the losses have been against Manchester x 2, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal- all in the top 7 of the league. WBA, since their influential striker Long was almost broken in half by Hutton (in a 2-1 win at 10man Villa), have looked atrocious in both games, though these were to a rejeuvenated Arsenal and Liverpool. Strike problems persist as the main man Odemwingie has barely been fit this season and impressive contributor Scharner is also not fully fit. All 3 of these are described as "long shots" for the game: http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2517002,00.html Both these teams prefer to play away, WBA have 7 points away compared to 4 at home. Bolton have 6 away compared to 3 at home. Hope the away team comes up on top again.
Poor pick by me, deserved win for WBA by all accounts :spank Hope no one followed :$

Poor pick by me, deserved win for WBA by all accounts :spank Hope no one followed :$
You applied reasoning, you gave thoughts to what will happen but you can never win them all. Away from here I backed Fulham to beat Sunderland as I thought that they had played well against us, Spurs, and so didn't expect Sunderland to be able to stop them and that 2/1 was good odds for Fulham. We can never expect to get them all right but if we make a pick, based on reasoning, and which we have confidence in then ultimately we should still pick more winners than losers over the course of the season.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Hi all, know this is off topic but would like an experienced opinion. I have a bet 365 account and am a big fan of the alternative asian handicap and alternative goal line (works same as asian handicap but with over/under goals where stakes can be refunded) markets where u can basically pick your own handicaps and goal lines from the whole range. Can't seem to find any other bookmakers who offer these 2 terrific markets and would like to open up another account. Any advice would be much appreciated Cheers

Hi all, know this is off topic but would like an experienced opinion. I have a bet 365 account and am a big fan of the alternative asian handicap and alternative goal line (works same as asian handicap but with over/under goals where stakes can be refunded) markets where u can basically pick your own handicaps and goal lines from the whole range. Can't seem to find any other bookmakers who offer these 2 terrific markets and would like to open up another account. Any advice would be much appreciated Cheers
Depends on which league's you're after as to the extensive variety of markets available. But, for the EPL I believe 10Bet, 32RED, PaddyPower, and Victor Chandler offer alternative handicaps. However, I took those from oddscomparison, so they might not be accurate. Also if you can find liquidity, Betfair and Betdaq should offer alternative Asian Handicap markets.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Liverpool +0.5 @ 2.04 :D Nice win for us BWE :cheers Season record: 51-63 (+16.49) Tottenham - Aston Villa over 3.5 @ 2.58 pinnacle Spurs have been scoring goals as they have scored at least two goals in each of their last 8 games which has seen them win 7 and drawn just one of them. Like them to continue to score here as Aston Villa's defence has been poor, allowing at least two goals in their last 4 games. However Villa will like their chances of scoring as they have scored in each of their last 8 games, while they have scored twice in 4 of these games. Spurs defence have not kept a clean sheet in their last 6 games, and expect both teams to score here. Both sides have players in good goalscoring form, as they have both scored in 8 of their las 9 meetings, and given that neither defence is playing well, then like this to end up as a high socring game.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Tonight Tottenham if i not mistaken they max could win by 1 GOAL , but the handicap was give 1 ball and TG Over was 2.75 . As what i seeing since Tottenham i believe max will just win by A Goal and i will try on Taking VILLA +1 , Previously few game Villa was low scoring to thier opponent as well , so tonight i'm looking if have scoring also will be Tottenham the 1 who scored !!! So my Stake Go For ASTON VILLA +1 & UNDER 2.75 (5/10) STAKE !!! :cheers :cheers :cheers

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Tottenham V Villa (Goal Line) Over 3 @ 2.025 @ Bet365 I just don't think you can ignore the stats for this one. In Tottenham's 4 league home games, they have all gone over 2.5 goals, with 3 of those games going over 3.5. In Villa's last 4 games, they have all gone over 2.5 goals. The main danger is Mcleish coming to defend for a point. He is by trade a defensive manager as all Brum fans would testify. I wouldn't be surprised to see him going with 5 in midfield for this one and trying to keep it tight. But Spurs are scoring for fun lately and you have to fancy them to get in the goals tonight. Defensive manager or not, Villa have been leaking goals lately and I can't see them keeping Spurs out. For all their frailities at the back though, Villa do have a good attack and you can be sure Darren Bent will be keen to get on the score sheet at his old stomping ground. The price on the under 2.5 is not appealing so I am going with the goal line here. The stats would suggest at least 3 goals in this match and with 75% of Spur's home games having gone 4 or more, I like the chances of this bet hitting profit.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Tottenham vs Aston Villa Home side is the favorite here, but will be hard for them against Aston Villa which lost just once in 5 games away, the rest being 4 draws. The fact that Spurs have 5 consecutive wins at home intrigues me and makes me consider they will stop this trend today. This is a too constant trend for Premier League. draw @ 4.51 with 5Dimes

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 laying spurs at 1.54 is good value. Mcleash is there to get a point anything else is a bonus. As the game goes on spurs will get drawn in and Agbonlahor is just the man to come of the bench with a sucker punch when Bent tires. If you want Value on a result 0-1 at 29 on bf Finally i advised on manu winning at swansea 0-1 hernandez Wish ide have took my own advice :wall

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Can't personally believe the price on Spurs really. Villa are being priced as though they are bottom six material. Fair enough Spurs are strong at home, and will create chances, but a short time ago both these sides were able to compete with eachother for 5th through to 6th or 7th place. Spurs have improved, while you could argue Villa have declined. However, I'd still make Spurs around the 1.80 mark. The 7.6 on Villa looks like value to me. Not because of the size of the price, but because of the reasons listed above. Villa have enough about them to push for a Europa league place still, and will cause Spurs problems.

Can't personally believe the price on Spurs really. Villa are being priced as though they are bottom six material. Fair enough Spurs are strong at home' date=' and will create chances, but a short time ago both these sides were able to compete with eachother for 5th through to 6th or 7th place. Spurs have improved, while you could argue Villa have declined. However, I'd still make Spurs around the 1.80 mark. The 7.6 on Villa looks like value to me. Not because of the size of the price, but because of the reasons listed above. Villa have enough about them to push for a Europa league place still, and will cause Spurs problems.[/quote'] I think people should wait until the starting lines are confirmed.Van der Vaart and Agbonlahor are doubts.