** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21

arsenal - norwich both teams to score @ ~1.6 combined with man city - newcastle - city win @ ~1.3 should give good value multi @ ~2+ anyone else here a fan of multis?
:welcome to Pl :) You'll find some are..... but discussing here is likely to take the thread off topic ;) Please have a read of the rules and post any multi bets without reasoning here http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/weekend-bets-thread-19th-21st-november-123632/#post2053468 :ok
Arsenal already played 3 saturday 'noon matches: Lost @home to Liverpool 0-2 Lost away to Blackburn 3-4 won away at Stamford Bridge 5-3 so bet OVER 3,5 goals look decent to me
Please remember to quote odds and bookmaker :ok
now,everton have to win.they played well since last two matches but they are unlucky everton to win :hope
:welcome to PL :ok Please remember to quote odds and bookmaker, have a read of the rules, and include a few more lines of reasoning ;) http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/quality-posts-uk-football-forum-discussion-109435/

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Swansea - Man.United Both teams play open and attacking football and the fact that Swansea is unbeaten at home can not be ignored. I am not saying that they will get points against the Red Devils, but I am sure that it wont be an easy game for United. Also every team that plays against Man.United knows that defense is not an option so I am quite sure that Swansea will attack and I can see them scoring at least a goal. Last season Man.United struggled away to lower teams and I just remembered games against Blackpool where they were losing 0-2 after half time and won 3-2 and a game against West Ham where they also lost the first half 0-2, but won the match 4-2. Both to Score @ 1.95 (3 units) William Hill Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.00 (1 unit) William Hill HT/FT: Swansea/Man.United @ 26.00 (1 unit) William Hill

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Norwich - Arsenal Over 4.5 goals @5.00 - 5/10 Arsenal are in excellent form at the moment, the summer signings like Gervinho or Santos are clicking well, they are scoring for fun lately, and are hot favorites to win this trip at Norwich as well, and given a few facts I certainly expect them to. We remember last season that Arsenal was much more prolific away than at home, a reason for this was their excellent counter-attacking skills, and Norwich is the type of team, which when a goal down at home can be at the end of an ugly beating against a team of Arsenal's level at the moment. At the same time the newly promoted Norwich showed guts in their matches this season, as they made Manchester UTD sweat, as well as earning a point on Anfield. And defensive fragile Arsenal looks unlikely to hold a clean sheet at Norwich. With both teams scoring, Arsenal winning it, and I expect them to do it by more than 1 goal margin, taking over 4.5 at 5.00 odds isn't that unlikely, is it?

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Stoke v QPR - Stoke @ 17/20 William Hill QPR have had mixed fortunes on the road so far with a good win at Everton and Wolves but also some poor results at Wigan and Fulham, I would expect a team like Stoke to take care of them on home turf, admittedly Stoke have been disappointing of late it could be because they are juggling the Europa League too this season. The International break should of done them good and with home matches against QPR and Blackburn their next two games I feel this is a very important match for them to win so they should bounce back here.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 seen a bet you guys might be interested in classed as a "value" bet... sporting bet offering 2.625 on man utd to score more goals than man city... check out the man utd and man city weekend specials what do you guys think?

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Hi guys. Norwich v Arsenal - over (3.5) card - 1.75 @ marathonbet I think the game Norwich and Arsenal expect the cards. Both teams are not very disciplined (Norwich - Y16 R2; Arsenal -Y21 R3), and given that judges match Phil Dowd (Matches 8: Y37 R1 - 4.75 cards per game) ... In general, I would venture to put on over.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Norwich - Arsenal over 3.5 @ 2.68 bet365 Given that both teams have been amongst the goals and featured in some high scoring game, then like the look of goals in this meeting between the two sides. Norwich has scored and conceded in 9 of their 11 games, and only in two of their games they have not scored. At home, they have scored at least two goals against Sunderland, Swansea and Blackburn, and though Arsenal is a tougher test, they should still be able to score here given that Arsenal's defence is not that good on the road. They have conceded 17 goals in their last 4 away games at Man Utd, Tottenham and Chelsea and even Blackburn scored 4 against them. However hard to ignore is their recent good form where they have scored at least 3 goals in 5 of their last 6 games, so they will like their chances of scoring a few goals here. Expecting this to be a goal feast. Wolves +0.5 @ 2.50 pinnacle For a team that has lost 4 of their last 5 games, then Everton look overpriced in this game, as they have scored 4 goals in these 5 games but have conceded 11 goals, so at both ends of the park they are having problems. Not that Wolves are much better as they have lost their last 3 away games, but their win over Wigan at home before the international break may give them some confidence, and McCarthy will have his boys primed for another good performance. Their cause will be aided if Everton's key defender Jagielka is out as they will close down the Everton midfield, and look to pressure the backline. Wolves have drawn 3 of their last 4 games with Everton, which includes two 1-1 draws at Goodison Park, and with Everton not playing as well as they can, Wolves are a good chance at getting a point once again. Man City - Newcastle over 3.5 @ 2.57 pinnacle Man City have been scoring goals this season, and can see the same here once again. They have cored at least 3 goals in each of their last 5 games, as their expensive attacking players are paying dividends for them. However with their threat of going forward, they have also been giving up goals, as they have conceded in 3 of their last 4 games, and with Newcastle having scored in each of their last 7 games as well as at lest two goals in 5 of these games, they look likely to score here. As for their defence, which started the season off well, they have allowed goals in 6 of their last 7 games, and with a forward line that Man City has, then expect them to concede here. They have scored at lest 3 goals in their last 4 meetings, and twice scored 4 goals, so can see not only noth teams scoring here, but even more goals with the problems each defence has had in stopping the goals Stoke - QPR over 2.5 @ 2.16 pinnacle Stoke are coming off a 5-0 thrashing at Bolton which continues the problems they have had in the backline as they had been beaten by Newcastle and Arsenal before that, each by a 3-1 scoreline. They have been exposed quite easily and their normally solid hom form has been erratic which should give QPR some cause for optimism as they travel north to play them. QPR too have had problems at the back, as they have conceded 3 goals in their last two games to Tottenham and Man City. However they scored against both of these teams, and have scored in their last 4 games, so like them to do so once again on this porous Stoke defence. Both teams look likely to score here and doubt that either side will be happy with a draw, so the over looks possible. Sunderland - Fulham under 1.5 @ 3.14 centrebet Having held Man Utd to just one goal in their 1-0 loss at Old Trafford, Bruce will be hoping that their defence holds firm once again, as Fulham are not a side that usually travel well. They did win 2-0 at Wigan, lost 2-0 at Stoke and drew 0-0 at West Brom, so they have picked up some points of late on the road. With both sides having problems picking up points together, then doubt that they will be overly committed to going forward, so as not to concede early on, and given that they have scored 1 goal or none at all in 5 of their last 6 meetings, then liking both sides to cancel each other out here. Bolton +0.5 @ 1.89 pinnacle West Brom have lost their last two games without scoring a goal as they were easily beaten by both Arsenal and Liverpool, and though they face a Bolton side not as good as these two sides, Bolton are much more happier these days after the 5-0 thumping of Stoke in the last round. They too have lost games at Arsenal and Swansea, but they did win at Wigan in between these games, and this game is within their reach, as West Brom have been lacklustre in their recent performances. With a win and 3 draws in their last 4 meetings, like Bolton to get at least a point here Wigan - Blackburn over 2.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle The problem for Wigan is that they have conceded at least 2 goals in 7 of their last 8 games, as they have lost each of these 8 games, and it does not look much more positive here, given that Blackburn come and are just as desperate for the points. Blackburn have scored in 6 of their last 8 games, and held Chelsea to just a 1-0 loss to them, where they had chances to score on them. However they have conceded in each of these 8 games, and have just one win and two draws in these 8 games. Both teams are capable of scoring each of these respective defences, and with their last 3 meetings going over, then can see this game also going over Swansea - Man Utd under 2.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle Expect Swansea to adopt simialr tactics to what they produced at Anfield, as they kept possession pretty well and not allowed Liverpool to dictate the game. As a result, they managed a well earned 1-1 draw, and have been tough to play against at home, where they have allowed just one goal in recording 3 wins and 2 draws there. Man Utd have not been impressive at late, and though they managed to beat Sunderland at home 1-0, and Everton 1-0 on the road, they have been doing enough in their games to get the result. They have drawn also 1-1 at Liverpool and Stoke in their two previous road games prior to the Everton game, so there is a trend for their games to go over, and given Swansea's defence does not give away much, then like this game to stay under too Season record: 44-60 (+11.60)

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Everton vs Wolves Both teams are weak this year and with many problems, especially missing valuable players. Scoring goal sand conceding are not problems for any of them. When these two met before here, we saw 3 times 1-1 and 3 times 2-0. These are the last 6 games on this field between these two. Do not know which one will win, maybe will a draw, but I think that will see goals. 2 or 3 goals in the match @ 2.00 with PaddyPower

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 to sc0rpio hmm, i think the bet represents good value. but given the fact that united are away, i am 95% confident they wont score more than 3 goals, especially given that some of their players were a part of the international break. so yeh, while i do think it is good value in general, i wouldnt put my money on it simply because i dont see it happening.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Does anyone fancy Wigan to beat Blackburn at the moment? both teams are in bad form this season, but i think Wigan MIGHT be able to edge this out and at the very least i dont see them losing it. this is mainly due to Blackburn having not won a single away game in their last 5 attempts. but we should also note that wigan have lost their last 3 at home (Tottenham, Fulham, Bolton) The real kicker is the fact that in their last 4 meetings where Wigan were at home, Wigan have won 3 and drew the other. I think a Draw no Bet win backing Wigan here represents good value @~1.8 (sportsbet australia)

I will probably take this later in the week as team news is essential for the home team but all going well I will take with Betfair: WBA vs Bolton Bolton @ 4.3 WBA vs Bolton Bolton + 0.5 @ evens Bolton came off a thumping win to beat a lethargic Stoke last time round. They will be looking to keep up the positives with a win against WBA, just 2 points ahead of them in a congested bottom half. Bolton have results of 3-0-7, though 5 of the losses have been against Manchester x 2, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal- all in the top 7 of the league. WBA, since their influential striker Long was almost broken in half by Hutton (in a 2-1 win at 10man Villa), have looked atrocious in both games, though these were to a rejeuvenated Arsenal and Liverpool. Strike problems persist as the main man Odemwingie has barely been fit this season and impressive contributor Scharner is also not fully fit. All 3 of these are described as "long shots" for the game: http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2517002,00.html Both these teams prefer to play away, WBA have 7 points away compared to 4 at home. Bolton have 6 away compared to 3 at home. Hope the away team comes up on top again.
Despite Long playing/starting, went for this in the end...:ok:hope

to sc0rpio hmm, i think the bet represents good value. but given the fact that united are away, i am 95% confident they wont score more than 3 goals, especially given that some of their players were a part of the international break. so yeh, while i do think it is good value in general, i wouldnt put my money on it simply because i dont see it happening.
you saying that has made me want to put a bet on utd scoring over 2.5 goals which should be decent odds

Wigan - Blackburn Both teams are in the relegation zone and in my opinion both teams will be focused more on winning rather than not losing this one. Statistically games between these two sides produce goals and out of 10 games 7 produced 3 or more goals. Moreover, referee for this game is Andre Marriner and in the last 5 out of 6 Premier League games where he was a referee there were 3 or more goals. Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.91 (2 units) William Hill
Won before half time :ok

Man City> Newcastle=over (1.57) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Man City position 1° points 31 Newcastle position 3° points 25 Preview: Man City: in doubt: Aguero (striker 10 / 9); absent: Hargreaves (Midfielder 1 / 0); out (for technical choice): Tevez (striker 3 / 0); part: Kompany (defender 10 / 1). Newcastle: absent: Tiote (midfielder 9 / 0); injured: Marveaux (striker 6 / 0). Man City has a score in-house w5-d0-l0 goals scored 16 goals against 2 Newcastle and has a score out of the house w3-d2-l0 goals scored 7 goals against 3. Man City is the league leaders and so far have proved the strongest. Has the strongest attack of the league with 39 goals in 11 games with an average of goals per game 3:54. The Man with the Newcastle City are the only unbeaten teams in the league. Newcastle now has to prove his true strength of a difficult area to conquer. So in the end I think this is a game with many goals from actions. Last season Manchester City won both games against Newcastle (2-1 home and 3-1 away from home). Record at home to Manchester City this season: 5-0-0. Edin Dzeko is the leading scorer for Man City with its 10 goals. Demba Ba has made ​​8 to Newcastle. :hope:hope:hope
NICE ! MC 3-1 FT :drums :clap:clap

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Man Utd -1.0 AH @ 2.025 (Bet365) Taken because to me it seems good value; they might be travelling to Wales but United are still a strong side despite their recent 'dip' (by their lofty standards anyway). I think SAF's men will be motivated to get the job done and they'll do it by more than the solitary goal.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Chelsea-Liverpool Lee Probert is the man in the middle who's averages 2.83 bookings per game, now with the spread being 52-56 a sell could be the move.....but Mr Probert tends to let things go early then in the second half dish the cards as 12 of the 17 yellows he has shown come after half time....so either sell at 52 get out at H/T or wait until the spread drops & then dive in after say 60 mins....:ok

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Norwich vs Arsenal Over 2.5 8/13 10/10 :) Over 3.5 8/5 5/10 :( Arsenal 8/11 8/10 BF :) Everton vs Wolves Everton 4/6 10/10 LB :) Over 3.5 2/10 :( City vs Newcastle Newcastle+1.5 11/10 10/10 365 :( Under 2.5 6/4 :( Stoke vs QPR Draw 13/5 5/10 :( Knew Stoke were too short but underestimated Qpr! Sunderland vs Fulham Sunderland 7/5 8/10 :( Fulham were absolutely rubbish. Sunderland was pretty average too, but did hit the bar a couple of times and probably deserved to win. Sunderland -0.25 21/10 365 10/10 Half returned Under 2.5 3/4 4/10 :) Wbrom vs Bolton Bolton +0.5 9/10 10/10 365 :( Under 2.5 21/20 :( Wigan vs Rovers Wigan 8/5 10/10 Bit annoyed at the last minute penalty, I backed a blackburn win against norwich a few weeks ago and the same thing happened. The EXACT same thing both to level at 3 - 3. :@ Over 3.5 12/5 5/10 :) Over 2.5 10/11 10/10 WH :) Swansea vs Utd Utd win 8/15 10/10 :) Under 2.5 21/20 8/10 :)

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Chelsea - Liverpool These types of games can go either way so as usual I will stay away from Win-Draw-Win markets even though I think it is unlikely that Liverpool without Gerrard will be able to get anything from this game. I will instead focus on the cards market. Games between these two sides rarely produce many cards. In fact in the last 10 games between Chelsea and Liverpool (including games in the Champions League) only only twice there were more than 4 cards. In the last 4 games between these two sides the card stats are as follows: 06.02.12 Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool (2 yellow) 07.11.10 Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea (2 yellow) 02.05.10 Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea (3 yellow) 04.10.09 Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool (2 yellow) Referee for this game is Lee Probert who does not show many cards, In the last 5 games he was in charge he showed 5 cards only once in UEFA Europa League game between Slovan Bratislava and PSG. In the last 4 Premier League games he was in charge he showed 4 yellow cards or less. Under 45 Booking Points @ 2.37 (3 units) William Hill

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Chelsea v Liverpool Chelsea are 4th in the table and Liverpool 7th going into this afternoon`s match but neither sides have been truly consistent this season and have followed one good performance with a mediocre one in the next game. Until Chelsea`s surprise 5-3 home defeat to Arsenal in their last home league match they had been their usual hard to beat self at Stamford Bridge winning their first 4 home league games, however the opposition were W.B.A.,Norwich,Swansea and Everton who are not the best travellers in the League. In their last 5 games in all competitions they have won 2 drawn 1 and lost 2 and they have won just 1 of their last 3 league games which was away to Blackburn last time out. Chelsea`s opponents today, Liverpool have not exactly pulled up trees this season either despite spending heavily in recent times. But they seem to enjoy life away from Anfield at the moment as though they have not lost in 6 league games at home they have managed just 2 wins as opposed to 3 on their travels. They are however unbeaten in their last 8 games in all competitions winning all 4 away games (Brighton,Stoke, Carling Cup and Everton, W.B.A. League). Taking this all into account I am going for the draw which is generally priced about 13/5.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 A draw is something that I am considering as well.Both teams are missing just one player ( Essien-Gerrard) and neither of them played much this season.Chelsea's defense is leaking in my eyes.The Blues kept just one cleans sheet in the last 10 domestic matches.That was against piss poor struggling side Blackburn.Liverpool has Luis Suarez who can cause much damage to the Chelsea defense.Liverpool on the other hand plays inconsistent too.Playing away from home is somtheing they seemingly don't like this season.My call is both to score. GL

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Norwich - Arsenal over 3.5 @ 2.68 :@ Three goals cleared of the line in the first half - this should have had at least another goal in it Wolves +0.5 @ 2.50 :( Man City - Newcastle over 3.5 @ 2.57 :D Stoke - QPR over 2.5 @ 2.16 :D Sunderland - Fulham under 1.5 @ 3.14 :D Bolton +0.5 @ 1.89 :( Wigan - Blackburn over 2.5 @ 1.94 :D Swansea - Man Utd under 2.5 @ 2.04 :D Season record: 50-63 (+15.45) Liverpool +0.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle Chelsea have been shaky of late as they lost 1-0 at QPR and then lost 5-3 at home to Arsenal and then got a much needed win at Blackburn, but even then they were not at their best. Liverpool battled to a 0-0 draw at home to Swansea where they have droped points at Anfield, but have managed to pick up wins on the road at West Brom, Everton and Arsenal. They are undefeated in their last 6 EPL games, as their defence has not conceded in their last two games while Chelsea have not scored in 5 of their last 7 games against Liverpool, including 3 of their last 4 home games with them. Like Liverpool to do enough here to pick up at least a point

A draw is something that I am considering as well.Both teams are missing just one player ( Essien-Gerrard) and neither of them played much this season.Chelsea's defense is leaking in my eyes.The Blues kept just one cleans sheet in the last 10 domestic matches.That was against piss poor struggling side Blackburn.Liverpool has Luis Suarez who can cause much damage to the Chelsea defense.Liverpool on the other hand plays inconsistent too.Playing away from home is somtheing they seemingly don't like this season.My call is both to score. GL
I agree with your tip. The slight concern for me is that Liverpool have been struggling to score lately, on top of that they are playing away. However, Chelsea's clean sheet record is pretty bad this season like you've noted. Another possible good value bet Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.87 (sportsbet) if both teams are expected to score this implies 2 goals in the bank already, only one more goal needed to win this bet (IF you are considering going down that road)