Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - 7-13 November

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November pffffffffffffff. Overs guaranteed after the 2nd set. :cheers Tsonga made me sweat a little as his serve was simly terrible in the 1st set, and faced 2 breakpoints in the 2nd set, so the correct bet was perhaps Isner +2.5 hcp, but I somehow overestimated him because Tsonga in Paris always plays at his best. aftermatch edit:

Tsonga vs Isner over 25.5 games @2.00 Pinnacle WIN
Tsonga actually faced 3 matchpoints on his serve in the decider (5-6 40-Ad three times), so those who went huge on Tsonga at 1.55 must have sweated their **s off big time :-) But Tsonga made it, and is going to lose to Fedex tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November

Sport Tennis
Event Jamie Baker - Brian Baker
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 12/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.20
Reasoning Today my pick will be from the semifinals of the Knoxville challenger (USA, hard/indoors) where Jamie Baker from the UK will take on Brian Baker from US. What I can tell you at first sight is that Jamie is ranked 284th in the world, so far with better results on hardcourt, inexistent in the grand slam tournaments. He beat decent players like Molchanov, Yani and in the quarterfinals the experienced Michael Russell in three sets. On the other side, Brian is the fine owner of the 666th place in the world at the moment, 1 year younger (24) then Jamie and with less experience in the tour. Looking at his 17-1 record this season you could think that he would have done very good in some tournament, but actually this is his 2nd challenger of the year after playing futures. Coming from the qualifiers he beat players well known in the challenger circuit like Cox, Smyczek and van der Merwe (also beating McClune and Ingnatik). All and all this will be their 1st official meeting and I`m going to count on the experience of Jamie, who looks to me like the stronger player after surviving deciding sets against Yani and Russell. My bet will be on Jamie Baker who in my oppinion he is the favorite.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Sport Tennis Event Federer - Tsonga Selection Federer -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 13/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.90 Reasoning 2-0 is my prediction for today Final at Paris courts. I watched both yesterday semifinals and Roger Federer look one class above Tsonga. Federer in fast match beat without any troubles strong Tomas Berdych, Tsonga played three long sets(2h58min) against big server John Isner, give 9 break points for USA player. Federer not give any chance to break for Berdych. I can't image other result than 2-0 for Switzerland king :hope

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Federer vs Tsonga - Federer to win 2-0 @ 10/11 with Ladbrokes - 3.5 points The French love Federer and I don't see an entirely pro Tsonga crowd, which is, lets face it, what he crawled threw on today. The bloke relies on inspiration, in moments. Federer has been serving relatively well this week and last and I see that continuing tomorrow. Tsonga's knackered and Federer's been off since the Davis Cup just after the US Open since last week's brief stint return. Federer's been showing moments of 2005-2007 tennis and any patchy streaks of Tsonga like hardcore hitting will most likely be cancelled out by this Federer magic. He'll counter attack Tsonga and put on a majestic display .. most likely a break in each set .. although I wouldn't be surpised at one in one and two in one other. Could take handicaps but feel safer with the set betting here.

Sport Tennis
Event Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - Roger Federer
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 13/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 4.00
Reasoning The 2011 ATP Paris Masters final won`t find any of the last year`s finalists (Soderling nor Monfils) around, but Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Roger Federer. Tsonga, ranked 8th in the world at the moment, clearly the croud`s favorite, with a very good year, allready two titles to it`s name which they has won indoors (Metz, Vienna), with two other finals played (Rotterdam, Queen`s) and other very decent results in important tournaments. After a bye in the 1st round he beat G. Lopez and Seppi in straight sets (no surprise there), followed by a retirement from Djokovic in the quarterfinals, just to have his biggest challenge yet, the hard serving Isner, which he had to win two straight tie-break to get pass. Federer, former number one, currently 4th in the ATP rankings, with 2 titles this year, at Doha and in his last tournament Basel, adding another two other finals played at Dubai and Roland Garros. He also got a bye in the first and after getting past easly by Mannarino in straight sets, he had to face decent players like, Gasquet, Monaco and Berdych, all which he eventually beat in the same manner. This will be their 9th official meeting, with the swiss player leading 5-3 with some interesting facts along: 5 out of the 8 meetings were played this season with Federer winning 3 of them, just 3 of their first 8 meetings ended with a deciding set, all which they won by the french player, Tsonga was the one who won their only meeting on grass, Federer was the one who won their only meeting on clay, their last meeting in these conditions (hard/indoors) was their first, back in 2008 when Federer won it in straight sets. So even though Federer is still one of the top players in the world, we cannot overlook that his level has gone down, now with 13 losses allready on the year. I will base this pick on the recent success of the french player who won 2 of their last 3 meetings and is doing an exceptional job indoors this season, best season in his career so far on this surface with a 17-4 record (2 titles and playing his 2nd final of the year, at least), aiming for his 2nd title here after 2008 when he beat Nalbandian. In this kind of conditions I think it is a worth taking risk as I`ve allready said, Federer is not the same player as a few years ago. My pick will be on Tsonga who will have for sure at least 90 % (counting the fact that maby in the past Federer pleased France with his plays) of the croud on his side.

Federer vs Tsonga - Federer to win 2-0 @ 10/11 with Ladbrokes - 3.5 points The French love Federer and I don't see an entirely pro Tsonga crowd, which is, lets face it, what he crawled threw on today. The bloke relies on inspiration, in moments. Federer has been serving relatively well this week and last and I see that continuing tomorrow. Tsonga's knackered and Federer's been off since the Davis Cup just after the US Open since last week's brief stint return. Federer's been showing moments of 2005-2007 tennis and any patchy streaks of Tsonga like hardcore hitting will most likely be cancelled out by this Federer magic. He'll counter attack Tsonga and put on a majestic display .. most likely a break in each set .. although I wouldn't be surpised at one in one and two in one other. Could take handicaps but feel safer with the set betting here.
:ok :nana :notworthy to king Roger.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Jesse Levine to beat Brian Baker @ 1/2 with Paddy Power - 2.5 points No real great value here, just something I'm convinced on and have taken, so thought I'd share. Brian's been through the wars in recent matches and Jesse is a much more seasoned pro on this surface with a wealth of experience behind him.

Jesse Levine to beat Brian Baker @ 1/2 with Paddy Power - 2.5 points No real great value here, just something I'm convinced on and have taken, so thought I'd share. Brian's been through the wars in recent matches and Jesse is a much more seasoned pro on this surface with a wealth of experience behind him.
:cigar :ok

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November M Przysiezny vs M Ebden - M Ebden to win @ 4/7 with Paddy Power -3.5 Points Both pretty much mediocre player's who've lurked between the top 100 and 200 for a while now, however, Ebden's beginning to relinquish the potental the Aussie's were raving on about and has been on a devastingly good run. http://tennisinsight.com/match_preview_activity.php?match_id=171924108&player=2 Battled threw qualies of the masters 1000 in Shanghai, reaching the quarters and only going out to Murray in straight who beat Nadal that tournament. Tournament just prior to that took a set of Ferrer, beat Andujar and Lu. Moving to indoor courts you would think he'd fair even better considering he's been relatively good on grass, took a set of Giles Muller at Nottingham and pushed Nadal tight in each set @ Queens. M Przysiezny meanwhile has been doing little to nothing in terms of victories to suggest he'll cause Ebden many problems at all. Pretty confident on this one. ;)

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Sport Tennis Event Delic - Baker Selection Delic Strength 10/10 Date 16/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.90 Reasoning I don't see any other result than Delic win, possible in two sets. Delic have motivation on the strong level, defending many points from last year in this weeekend, in previous season here go to the Final. Delic serve is very good on surface like that. Baker is tired after long wweek, 3 matches in Q and three in main draw, last match in sunday. Delic fair odds are 1.45, no more Sport Tennis Event Ebden - Dancevic Selection Over 20.5 Strength 10/10 Date 16/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85 Reasoning I see match with three sets. I watched both players in first rounds and both lookin very strong at the serve, first serves from both players looking very unstoppable. Both are very hot in service games, but on the return.. Not too strong. In this match I can image many hold games to lov, to 15, maybe to 30. Match without many deuces or break point points in games. Close match up. Sport Tennis Event Muster - Bloemke Selection Over 18.5 Strength 10/10 Date 16/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.90 Reasoning Over is my choice for this game, Muster spend last days in Salzburg, taking court practice on this surface. I watched him in Vienna against very gifted Thiem and not looked very bad. Bloemke is 393 on the world, this is not a destroyer. Bloemke played in Q here and in final round played against Weissborn - 683 in ranking and won in three close sets. Muster can make troubles for Dennis :hope

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Sport Tennis Event Zeballos - Kovalik Selection Under 20.5 Strength 10/10 Date 16/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83 Reasoning I'm very confident in Zeballos win in straight sets, but any value for 2-0 odds, maybe more risky, but good bet is under too. Horacio Zeballos is former TOP50 player, in this moment 111, but if make good run here can be TOP100 next time. Kovalik is two classes worse than Argentinian player, out of TOP400. Any chances in this game for Kovalik. Sport Tennis Event Becker-Copil Selection Over 21.5 Strength 10/10 Date 16/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.90 Reasoning Over is my choice, Becker and Copil are players with more potential than out of TOP200, minimum the best of 150 in ATP ranking. Copil and Becker have giant first serves and if first serves % is good, are very hard to broken, but on the return.. Not too strong. In this match I can image many hold games to lov, to 15, maybe to 30. Match without many deuces or break point points in games. Close match up :hope