** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker: World Seniors Championship

kevshat

The second running of the World Seniors is this weekend but this time it's live on Sky. It might turn into more of an event to watch rather than bet on but you often find bookies get some of the matches wrong if you can find some info out on some of the players so we'll have a thread for the event. The event is Saturday and Sunday and I believe the matches are best of 3 frames with a 30 second shot clock although I understand there's some question marks about the shot clock. Draw for the tournament is here: http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/82/90/0,,13165~168066,00.pdf

Re: Snooker: World Seniors Championship Just to clarify, a 30 second shot clock comes into play after 10 minutes of a frame so we should get one shot out of Cliff Thorburn before that happens :lol. Also just to mention the draw is a random draw after the last 16. 2 outrights for me. I'm very wary of John Parrott as well but I'm only going to take two. If Parrott drifts to double figures at any time I might take him too. 2pts ew S.Davis to win World Seniors 11/2 Boylesports (1/2 1,2) When all of these players were at their pomp Steve Davis was by far and away the best of them and I think he'll be itching to win this tournament with the throwback to the 80s nature of it in terms of the competitors. Last year this event was a bit of fun but with live coverage and a decent winners cheque this will be a lot more serious and serious snooker is what the Nugget does best. Even now Steve Davis is still a tough guy to beat on the main tour and it was just a month or so ago that Davis made the semi final of a PTC event. I've seen a few of his matches this season and he looks to be cueing the ball lovely and he's scoring really well which will help him in this tournament. In Tony Drago he's got a tricky first round draw but should he come through a major danger in that game then the tournament could open up a bit with the best of three frame format. Davis has previous with the shot clock which is a bonus he has over every other player in the event bar Bond, Drago and White and given that his form in recent weeks has been pretty good I really think just like he was in the 80's, he's very much the one to beat this weekend. 0.5pts ew D.Morgan to win World Seniors 10/1 Ladbrokes (1/2 1,2) Darren Morgan could be one of the forgotten men in this tournament. He never dropped a frame in qualifying and I believe he's never stopped playing the game casually and since this event came about he's got back into the hang of practicing and playing and I think I remember him saying during the Welsh Open that he was thinking of giving the tour another go at Q school. It was only just over a year ago that he made the last 64 of the World Open as an amateur where Matthew Stevens needed a deciding fifth frame to beat him. Darren Morgan scored a total of 111 centuries in his career which clearly shows he knows how to play the game because there aren't many in the 100 centuries club even with the way the players score these days. I would expect Morgan to beat Gary Wilkinson in the opening round and if one of the old school set of players or players who aren't on the main tour are to win this then I think Morgan has as good a chance as any of them. I'll have a small saver on the 1996 Irish Masters champion here just in case he plays to the potential he undoubtedly has.

Re: Snooker: World Seniors Championship

Just to clarify, a 30 second shot clock comes into play after 10 minutes of a frame so we should get one shot out of Cliff Thorburn before that happens :lol. Also just to mention the draw is a random draw after the last 16. 2 outrights for me. I'm very wary of John Parrott as well but I'm only going to take two. If Parrott drifts to double figures at any time I might take him too. 2pts ew S.Davis to win World Seniors 11/2 Boylesports (1/2 1,2) When all of these players were at their pomp Steve Davis was by far and away the best of them and I think he'll be itching to win this tournament with the throwback to the 80s nature of it in terms of the competitors. Last year this event was a bit of fun but with live coverage and a decent winners cheque this will be a lot more serious and serious snooker is what the Nugget does best. Even now Steve Davis is still a tough guy to beat on the main tour and it was just a month or so ago that Davis made the semi final of a PTC event. I've seen a few of his matches this season and he looks to be cueing the ball lovely and he's scoring really well which will help him in this tournament. In Tony Drago he's got a tricky first round draw but should he come through a major danger in that game then the tournament could open up a bit with the best of three frame format. Davis has previous with the shot clock which is a bonus he has over every other player in the event bar Bond, Drago and White and given that his form in recent weeks has been pretty good I really think just like he was in the 80's, he's very much the one to beat this weekend. 0.5pts ew D.Morgan to win World Seniors 10/1 Ladbrokes (1/2 1,2) Darren Morgan could be one of the forgotten men in this tournament. He never dropped a frame in qualifying and I believe he's never stopped playing the game casually and since this event came about he's got back into the hang of practicing and playing and I think I remember him saying during the Welsh Open that he was thinking of giving the tour another go at Q school. It was only just over a year ago that he made the last 64 of the World Open as an amateur where Matthew Stevens needed a deciding fifth frame to beat him. Darren Morgan scored a total of 111 centuries in his career which clearly shows he knows how to play the game because there aren't many in the 100 centuries club even with the way the players score these days. I would expect Morgan to beat Gary Wilkinson in the opening round and if one of the old school set of players or players who aren't on the main tour are to win this then I think Morgan has as good a chance as any of them. I'll have a small saver on the 1996 Irish Masters champion here just in case he plays to the potential he undoubtedly has.
What is it Hannibal would be saying right now?? :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Didn't follow Morgan but got on Davis, so Hoping he can do the job in the final!! Cracking Tipping Kev :clap

Re: Snooker: World Seniors Championship Cheers mate. Would've been nice for me personally if Davis had won as it was worth an extra 10pts to me and maybe in hindsight the saver should've been for a point ew rather than half a point but I'll take +11 for what was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend.