** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November

Saturday 5 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Real Mallorca v Sevilla (17:00 GMT) 3.1 3.3 2.58 101.32 %
maximize.gif Real Betis v Málaga (19:00 GMT) 2.84 3.35 2.8 100.78 %
maximize.gif Levante UD v Valencia (21:00 GMT) 3.2 3.4 2.44 101.65 %
Sunday 6 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Real Madrid v Osasuna (11:00 GMT) 1.1 13.5 38 100.95 %
maximize.gif Granada CF v Racing Santander (15:00 GMT) 2.25 3.35 3.8 100.61 %
maximize.gif Real Zaragoza v Real Sporting de Gijon (15:00 GMT) 2.2 3.35 3.75 101.97 %
maximize.gif Espanyol v Villarreal (17:00 GMT) 1.92 3.5 4.9 101.06 %
maximize.gif Rayo Vallecano v Real Sociedad (17:00 GMT) 2.05 3.4 4.4 100.92 %
maximize.gif Athletic Bilbao v FC Barcelona (19:00 GMT) 13 6.5 1.29 100.60 %
maximize.gif Getafe v Atlético Madrid (21:00 GMT) 3.12 3.4 2.5 101.41 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November

Mallorca – Sevilla statistics say that in 45% of the times, sevilla wins, and 40% of the times it’s a draw. according to the last 5 games, both teams haven’t shown a great skill, so I think that this on as well, will end up in a disappointment - draw under 2.5 (statistics say that in 60% of the times the score is over 2.5 goals – but according to the resent shape of both teams I doubt it)

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November Cordoba vs Barcelona II Away side has been great in last 3 games with 3 wins, 2 away to Alcoyano and to Huesca. Cordoba haven't won in last 3 home games and I find it very difficult for them against ateam that started very bad the season - Barca II - but marches on in last games. Dos Santos, Riverola, Montoya and Rafinha are players that will try to get a place in the next season of BIG Barcelona team. Montoya already got some games with Messi and co, so the motivation is huge. Cordoba will offer a good resistance, but if there is a team to win this match, that one will be Barca II. away 0 AH @ 1.93 with Ladbrokes

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November Real Madrid (-2.5), 2 units @ 1.95 Real Madrid (-3.5), 1 unit @ 3.0 Madrid v Osasuna over 3.5 goals, 1 unit @ 5/6 Madrid have won 70% of league games by +3 or +4 goals, hence the AH lines chosen. My confidence is boosted by my belief that Real are better than Barca this year and Barca managed 8-0 vs Osasuna already this term. 60% of Real's games and 40% of Osasuna's have gone over 3.5 and as I predict a large victory for the home side it seems natural that this game should go over the line.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November Levante vs Valencia Derby of Valencia and we can see a great football game tomorrow night. I will go for Levante for 3 reasons: 1. Great form and good chemistry between players comparative with a new team of Valencia that had problems in winning matches. 2. Good results against good sides from Levante this season. 3. Levante has many players with a lot of experience and that is a decisive factor in such derby games. home +0.25 AH @ 1.87 with Stan James

Levante vs Valencia Derby of Valencia and we can see a great football game tomorrow night. I will go for Levante for 3 reasons: 1. Great form and good chemistry between players comparative with a new team of Valencia that had problems in winning matches. 2. Good results against good sides from Levante this season. 3. Levante has many players with a lot of experience and that is a decisive factor in such derby games. home +0.25 AH @ 1.87 with Stan James
I also like the odds on Levante. Bookies can't stop to underestimate them for some reason. They have a great mixture of experienced and talanted players. As you mentioned Valencia is far from stable right now, they manage to take the lead in almost every game this season, to find themselves struggling to keep that lead in the late minutes of the match. It repeats over and over again, the last two games against Geta and Leverkusen were the only ones which Valencia won with higher than 1 goal margin this season. But there are a couple of things that would stop me from backing Levante, 1st is Valencia is my favorite Spanish team and I rarely bet on their games. 2nd is the events in the end of the last season when Valencia clearly gifted 1 point to Levante on Mestalla who were in relegation battle by this time, a week later (in the last round) Valencia went to La Coruna and won on their ground sending Deportivo straight to Segunda. The point that Levante took at Mestalla and Deportivo's loss in the last round were crucial in the relegation battle as Levante finished barely 2 pts over the drop zone.

Levante vs Valencia Derby of Valencia and we can see a great football game tomorrow night. I will go for Levante for 3 reasons: 1. Great form and good chemistry between players comparative with a new team of Valencia that had problems in winning matches. 2. Good results against good sides from Levante this season. 3. Levante has many players with a lot of experience and that is a decisive factor in such derby games. home +0.25 AH @ 1.87 with Stan James
Let's not forget that there won't be away factor here cause both teams are situated in Valencia. I think that after beating Bayer in CL Valencia's players spirit will be high and they will try to use it...don't know if they will be able to.

Event Mallorca - Sevilla
Selection 0 Sevilla (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80
Reasoning Well i think its the time for Sevilla to make an impect on the road.They are coming here from 4 draws in a row when we concider away perofrmance and the last one was against Barcelona 0:0.Sevilla looks good mutch better than shaken Mallorca team,they are in very unbalance form and the dont look good on the field.So i think that this bet is worth of doing.

EventBetis - Malaga
Selection0 Betis (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date05/11/2011
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.90
ReasoningBetis doesnt look good they are coming into this match with 6 defeats in a row really desperate.On the other side Malaga 6th ranked team in league after three defeats in a row they finally managed to beat Espanyol and here are now to face Betis.Both teams have some problems with missing players,its gonna be a fight till the end and i believe that Betis will strugle but they will give everything to achive positive result from this match.Very very difficult match but my thoghts are that Betis can do it.

EventLevante - Valencia
Selectiondraw
Strength7/10
Date05/11/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBetsson @ 3.40
ReasoningThe battle of the bats For Levante Munua Juanfran Nano Ballesteros Venta Iborra Torres Juanlu Barkero Valdo Koné Valenica:Guaita Alba Rami Ruiz Miguel Albelda Costa Mathieu Parejo Feghouli Soldado Levante had a surprising and impressive undefeated run which finally came to end against Osasuna last week,they are 3rd ranked team in league sitting just one place (2points) above Valenica.Levante has a veteran texperienced team which is playing very good,on the other side in progress Valenica is coming boosted by the victory over Leverkusen and it seams that they upgradet their form.I can say that both teams are ready for this Valencian derby. Its gonna be intensive clash on all fields.My prediction is a draw.

Mallorca – Sevilla statistics say that in 45% of the times, sevilla wins, and 40% of the times it’s a draw. according to the last 5 games, both teams haven’t shown a great skill, so I think that this on as well, will end up in a disappointment - draw under 2.5 (statistics say that in 60% of the times the score is over 2.5 goals – but according to the resent shape of both teams I doubt it)

http://www.livescore.is/Popups/SoccerStatisticsInfo.aspx?id=996095

Absolutely brilliant analysis!

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November Granada vs Santander Many people said that Granada is the weakest weak team in this League. But let's not forget that they won in Sevilla, 2-1 and that they have some great players: Uche, Jorge Ribeiro, Jara, Carlos Martins and Yebda. At home they offered to the public some good games: just 0-1 with Barca, 0-0 with Atletico Madrid, 1-1 with Osasuna ans 1-0 with Villareal. Deosn't sound to me as a weak side. They dominated Sevilla from the first minute in last game and that must have been boosted their morale so much! Santander has good results in last games also: 1-0 with Betis, 2-2 to Sevilla. They did also a 0-0 to Gijon. But their real force is at home, away having average results, let's say and this situation has been inb all of their last 2-3 seasons. Granada was a force in Segunda Division mainly at home ground. They were capable of beating anyone and now have same power. A small team, but very ambitious, the players realized quick that this game is one to add another 3 points to their stats. home win @ 2.11 with Canbet

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November Sport Football (Spain) Event Espanyol - Villareal Selection under 1.5 goals (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.00 Reasoning Espanyol has scored 4 and conceded 5 at home in 4 matches, but 4 of the goals conceded were against Real Madrid so they're not that relevant as Real can really trample anybody in a good day. Villareal are without Cani, Rossi and Nilmar, which would be their main attacking players, so you see why I chose under 1.5. Away from home they have only scored a goal against Bilbao(Nilmar the scorer) and conceded 10, but again the number of goals conceded are not that relevant as 5 of them were at Barcelona and 3 in Madrid against Real. Aside from those 2 bad results they have 2 draw ended games away to Bilbao 1-1 and Getafe 0-0 and lost 1-0 to Granada. I think today they will again look for a draw in this game as they have nobody to score goals with and Espanyol are a side that doesn't score too many goals. Espanyol should win this one, but I go for the under 1.5 goals option as it offers way more value and it covers a 0-0 draw too.

Real Madrid (-2.5)' date= 2 units @ 1.95 Real Madrid (-3.5), 1 unit @ 3.0 Madrid v Osasuna over 3.5 goals, 1 unit @ 5/6 Madrid have won 70% of league games by +3 or +4 goals, hence the AH lines chosen. My confidence is boosted by my belief that Real are better than Barca this year and Barca managed 8-0 vs Osasuna already this term. 60% of Real's games and 40% of Osasuna's have gone over 3.5 and as I predict a large victory for the home side it seems natural that this game should go over the line.
Looking like a clean sweep here (unless Real drop 2 goals in 20mins against 10 men!) for a nice 4.75 unit profit. Wanted to take Ronaldo to score 3 or more, but the odds were only 3/1 which i wouldn't even take for a first scorer bet. Would have paid off too though! GL to the rest of you :beer

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November Sport Football (Spain) Event Rayo Vallecano - R Sociedad Selection Sociedad draw no bet Strength 10/10 Date 06/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.75 Reasoning Rayo Vallecano will be without Tamudo in this game and R Sociedad have really improved their game lately. They were close to getting a point at Levante, where they scored 2 goals and lost 3-2 in the last minutes and they were only defeated 1-0 by Real Madrid at home. They create many scoring opportunities in their away matches, but they failed to capitalise yet. Still considering their last performance with 2 goals scored against Levante away I think they are on the right path. Rayo Vallecano are the worst home team in Spain La Liga, with 1 victory, one draw and 2 defeats. They won against Malaga 2-0 and drew 0-0 with Zaragoza, while losing 1-2 to Levante and 0-1 to Espanyol. From the 3 goals scored at home 2 were scored by Tamudo, who will be missing today, as I mentioned above. With Sociedad desperate to pick up points I see it very difficult for Rayo to get more than a draw in this one without Tamudo. Odds for away team have value.

EventEspanyol - Villarreal
Selectiondraw
Strength8/10
Date06/11/2011
Bookmaker/PriceUnibet @ 3.40
ReasoningWell Villareal is struggling alot they are far from its ideal form but still they have strong team tough to break.They are sitting on 13th place 5points under Espanyol.They are desperate for points and after the CL they are coming here with huge ambition.Espanyol has their advantages but they are also struggling,were defeated by Malaga last week and in match against Betis they struggled and luckly won the match.Its gonna be a real fight here and my choice is draw at the end.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November Getafe vs Atletico Madrid Pick: Getafe Probable starting eleven: Getafe: Moya, Valera, Diaz, Lopo, Torres, Perez, Lacen, Rios, Abdel, Castro, Guiza Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Perea, Miranda, Dominguez, Filipe Luis, Adrian, Tiago, Gabi, Diego, Turan, Falcao I think the hosts will win here, even the bookmakers are favoring Atletico Madrid. First of all, Getafe is not bad at home. They are unbeaten in the last three home matches, with one victory and two draws. Here are the results: 26.10. Getafe - Osasuna 2:2 15.10. Getafe - Villarreal 0:0 26.09. Getafe - Betis 1:0 Now one question - do You know which team is the worst visitor in Primera this season? Well, it is hard to believe, but it is Atletico Madrid. Just look the results: 27.10. Ath. Bilbao - Atl. Madrid 3:0 15.10. Granada - Atl. Madrid 0:0 24.09. Barcelona - Atl. Madrid 5:0 10.09. Valencia - Atl. Madrid 1:0 Both teams are not complete for this match. Getafe will be missing Ruben Perez due to suspension, while Jamie Gavilan, Tsepo Masiela and Pedro Leon are injured. On other side Atletico Madrid coach Gregorio Manzano will be without Mario Suarez through suspension, while Jose Antonio Reyes and Diego Costa are out injured. Finally, Getafe have a positive record against Atletico Madrid at home in the last two seasons. They played 1:1 draw on 02.03.2011, while Getafe won 1:0 the season before, on 24.01.2010. I think Getafe will use the fact that Atletico Madrid players are little tired as they have a match with Udinese in Europe League on Thursday.

Looking like a clean sweep here (unless Real drop 2 goals in 20mins against 10 men!) for a nice 4.75 unit profit. Wanted to take Ronaldo to score 3 or more, but the odds were only 3/1 which i wouldn't even take for a first scorer bet. Would have paid off too though! GL to the rest of you :beer
Good going. It's daft really, how few on here bet on handicaps on the big two in Spain. 7-1? What a p*ss take. You wouldn't get that with the best Premier League team against the worst, and Osasuna are a decent team. And how stupid is the amount of goals Ronaldo scores? Anyway :lol

Getafe vs Atletico Madrid Pick: Getafe Probable starting eleven: Getafe: Moya, Valera, Diaz, Lopo, Torres, Perez, Lacen, Rios, Abdel, Castro, Guiza Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Perea, Miranda, Dominguez, Filipe Luis, Adrian, Tiago, Gabi, Diego, Turan, Falcao I think the hosts will win here, even the bookmakers are favoring Atletico Madrid. First of all, Getafe is not bad at home. They are unbeaten in the last three home matches, with one victory and two draws. Here are the results: 26.10. Getafe - Osasuna 2:2 15.10. Getafe - Villarreal 0:0 26.09. Getafe - Betis 1:0 Now one question - do You know which team is the worst visitor in Primera this season? Well, it is hard to believe, but it is Atletico Madrid. Just look the results: 27.10. Ath. Bilbao - Atl. Madrid 3:0 15.10. Granada - Atl. Madrid 0:0 24.09. Barcelona - Atl. Madrid 5:0 10.09. Valencia - Atl. Madrid 1:0 Both teams are not complete for this match. Getafe will be missing Ruben Perez due to suspension, while Jamie Gavilan, Tsepo Masiela and Pedro Leon are injured. On other side Atletico Madrid coach Gregorio Manzano will be without Mario Suarez through suspension, while Jose Antonio Reyes and Diego Costa are out injured. Finally, Getafe have a positive record against Atletico Madrid at home in the last two seasons. They played 1:1 draw on 02.03.2011, while Getafe won 1:0 the season before, on 24.01.2010. I think Getafe will use the fact that Atletico Madrid players are little tired as they have a match with Udinese in Europe League on Thursday.
I'm leaning the other way and expect to take Madrid on the Draw No Bet or lay Getafe. Home side are doing okay on their own turf, but not suggesting enough to me that they can beat a Madrid that look like they're back in form, beating Zaragoza and spanking Udinese.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 5-6 November I'm with Getafe here too, Getafe @ 3.45 188bet Would personally have the hosts here at the prices, they do sit bottom of the league but home form isn't awful, only losing once in 5 matches here this season, true they've only won once but they've all been close matches. Atletico Madrid are a big club but their form isn't to clever either, they're yet to score on the road in four matches, admittedly they've gone to a couple of tough places but its very hard to fancy them when they've yet to score in La Liga away from home. I reckon Getafe will have a good chance of winning here and are a good bet at the price.

I'm leaning the other way and expect to take Madrid on the Draw No Bet or lay Getafe. Home side are doing okay on their own turf, but not suggesting enough to me that they can beat a Madrid that look like they're back in form, beating Zaragoza and spanking Udinese.
Atletico Draw No Bet @ 1.67 (Betfred) Prices were higher earlier but I wanted to check the team first. Getafe in decent form overall, but their home form is pretty average, only winning once in five. Madrid were out of form, but like I've said, they beat Zaragoza 3-1 and thrashed Udinese in midweek, and I fancy them to continue their momentum and start improving that away record.

Atletico Draw No Bet @ 1.67 (Betfred) Prices were higher earlier but I wanted to check the team first. Getafe in decent form overall, but their home form is pretty average, only winning once in five. Madrid were out of form, but like I've said, they beat Zaragoza 3-1 and thrashed Udinese in midweek, and I fancy them to continue their momentum and start improving that away record.
Left at 1-0 and Getafe down to ten, so all I can deduce is Atletico must of put in a hell of a performance to lose here :(

Good going. It's daft really' date=' how few on here bet on handicaps on the big two in Spain. 7-1? What a p*ss take. You wouldn't get that with the best Premier League team against the worst, and Osasuna are a decent team. And how stupid is the amount of goals Ronaldo scores? Anyway :lol[/quote'] Yeah, I'm definately sticking those lines on Real again. Bit wary of Barca atm, form has dipped and they rely too heavily on messi too. Ronaldo always scores in groups so if i ever back him it'll be for at least 2 or more.