** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Ice Hockey - NOV 2011

Re: European Ice Hockey - NOV 2011

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Karlovy Vary - C. Budejovice
Selection 2 (ML)
Strength 10/10
Date 25/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.80
Reasoning My first one of the day will come from the czech Extraliga, where the Ceske Budejovice will head to KV Arena to meet the Energie Karlovy Vary for the 2nd time this season after winning at home 4-3OT in the first. Huge difference between the Karlovy Vary from few years ago and from this season, now ranking penultimate (13th) with just 23 points after 24 rounds, 7-13-4 record, 66:82 goals. In the previous round they lost their 2nd straight, on road at Plzen, 4-5. On the other side, Budejovice who is now on the upper side of the table, 3rd with 41 points, 14-7-1, 63:50 goals are going through a weeker period of their own, last time losing their 3rd of their last 5, on road to the Vitkovice, 0-3. With the week form that the Energie are showing right now, winning just 2 times in their last 7, I think it`s safe to say that Budejovice who has won their last 7 meetings against them have the chance of a win here, moreso because of their decent road record, 6-3-1, ending a 6-game winning streak on their last away game against Vitkovice. I think they are the favorites and that`s why I`m going to pick them money line style.

Re: European Ice Hockey - NOV 2011 26.11.2011 Kärpät – Tappara (Finnish SM-liiga) 55 22 23 | 1.82 4.65 4.27 | ML: 1.43 3.35 | AHC -0.5: 1.82 2.23 | AHC -1: 2.14 1.88 O/U 5.5: 35 65 | 2.86 1.54 | O/U 4.5: 1.96 2.04 | O/U 5: 2.38 1.73 If you forget the Jokerit matches, Kärpät have been pretty poor lately. In their last match they lost to Ilves – and once again they looked quite anaemic. Of course Ilves fought well, but in fact Kärpät got their only chances by half accidentally (they should have used them). They could pile on pressure only in the second period, but also then the penalties ruined their domination. Kärpät owe better performances for their home audience, but Tappara may not be the easiest opponent. They can defend (lately there have been more goals though) well, and Kärpät haven't been the most creative group this season. In paper this should be quite clear home win, but this wouldn't be the first time Kärpät are in trouble against lesser opponents. Kärpät will probably get important Hostikka (G) back. Tappara +1 2.06 @ Pinnacle is already worth taking. Also Under 5 1.806 have some value. By the way, yesterday TPS beat Blues 3-2.

Re: European Ice Hockey - NOV 2011

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Jokerit - Lukko
Selection Jokerit -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.05
Reasoning In this SM-Liiga match I`m going to be very quick, Jokerit is showing signs of recorvery and ranking 4th in the league , 14-7-1, while Lukko Rauma is just 10th. Jokerit is going through a week period, winning just 1 of their last 5, last time losing the derby in Jyvaskyla, 0-1OT. On the other side, Lukko who had a period with only 1 win in 7 games, now have won 2 straight, both against Espoo (on road and at home). Even though these slight differences in form between the two this will still be a match between Jokerit, the best in the league on home ice, 9-2-1, 50:28 goals and weekest in the league on road, Lukko, 3-9-1, 24:44 goals. My pick is for Jokerit to win it by 2 or more goals.
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Skelleftea - Frolunda
Selection Skelleftea -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.00
Reasoning Today in the swedish Elitserien the Frolunda Indians will head to Skellefteå Kraft Arena to take on the Skelleftea AIK for the 3rd time this season after both won once at home. Frolunda is ranked 2nd in the league with 3 points less then the leader HV71 (42), 14-6-3 record and 59:39 goals, coming from their 2nd straight win, this time at home against Djurgardens, 4-3 after penalty shots. Absoluntly funny as hell, Frolunda is the best team in the league on home ice, 11-1-1, but the worst when it comes to road games, with just 3-5-2, losing now 7 of their last 8 games away from home. Skelleftea is doing a decent job so far at home, 6-3-2, 27:28, ranking now 5th in the league with 39 points, on a 3-game losing streak, but still they have managed to win 2 of their last 3 at Skellefteå Kraft Arena. I believe that the home side, although they now lost 7 of their last 10, have a decent chance of beating Frolunda clearly because of their opposite performances on road this season. My pick is for Skelleftea to win it by 2 or more goals.

Re: European Ice Hockey - NOV 2011 Hasle/Loren -2.5 , 1.66 bet365 , 10units These two teams already met once this season and Hasle/Loren won 9:3. Jutul IL is a decent side in this league and that's it . They lost against all the top teams in this division by 3+ and there is not a single reason for that not to happen today. Odds for over 8.5 are better but I don't want to risk and lose a bet in case of a 6:1 or 7:1 home win. Hasle scores 7+ goals in most of their home games and concede 3-4 goals. They have the best attack in the league but of all the top teams they have the weakest defense or at least they conceded the most.