** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand Test Series

kevshat

Zimbabwe host New Zealand in a one off test match which begins on Tuesday morning. Sadly it's not televised anywhere but there are some decent markets. Apologies for putting the thread up late - I'm all over the place with what day and date it is these days as seen in the Pakistan thread :lol. Won't bother with a schedule as it's only one match.

Re: Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand Test Series I'll take 2 in the match. 4pts D.Vettori's Performance Pts - 135&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This line looks a touch on the high side but I don't believe it's out of his reach. I would expect Vettori to be the main threat with Kyle Mills out, particularly in the second innings when the wicket could well start to turn. This wicket will turn too. When Pakistan played a test match here in September no fewer than 17 of the 33 wickets fell to spin and Saeed Ajmal, Pakistan's main spinner, took 6 of them so I think there will be plenty of joy with the ball for Vettori who took 3 in the warm up match against a Zimbabwe A side which contained a few players who will play here. As well as scoring points with the ball he's become a very accomplished batsman these days too and while he may not bat twice I think he can do enough with the bat to make this easier to cover with the ball. He's not the fleetest of foot these days either so he's likely to field around the bat for the majority of this match around the bat which could provide point scoring options too. Although it looks a high line I think this one is still achievable. 1pt ew M.Waller Top Zimbabwe Batsman (1st Inns Only) 8/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Malcolm Waller is having an excellent time of it with the bat at the minute. In the two ODI's he played in he scored 42 and a match winning 99* and then in the warm up game against New Zealand he followed that up with a 66. Aside from Brendan Taylor there's probably no man in better form in this Zimbabwe line up than Waller, particularly with Tatenda Taibu out of this match with injury. Having seen the form Waller is in and with him having as long at the crease as he likes in a test environment I think he's a decent each way punt at 8/1.

Re: Cricket: Zimbabwe vs New Zealand Test Series Vettori brought in his performance in the first innings of the match and Waller was 2nd for Zimbabwe so a nice 3.94pt pick up for the test match. Will be interesting to see how this one ends up with New Zealand stuttering early in their second innings.