** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

College Football

trips

Watched quite a lot of College football the last 3 seasons. Don't get me wrong, it's exciting and i enjoy most of the games. One thing i can't understand is how big it is over there, massive, the support the teams get is incredible, every game seems like it sold out,big packed stadiums. How is it possible that something that after all is only Schools playing has evolved into such a massive sport,worth Millions of Dollars to each team. I am sure unless anyone over here followed the game they would not understand the scale of these games. This is not a criticism, i think it's fantastic the support these teams get.

Re: College Football College football is better then pro football. Universities are huge. Schools like Texas, Michigan and Alabama are massive because a lot of the state taxes go towards the school. Because of there size, a lot of people that go to them turn out to be rich, then donate money back to the schools. Then the big schools also get ESPN money. In the case of Texas, they have there own network. Last but not least the schools dont have to pay the players. Compare that to an NFL team, which has to pay out at least $90 million a year in salary at least. NCAA schools dont need to do that.

Re: College Football Thanks for the info Agurv. Its incredible the support they get at these games, everyone of them screaming their team on. very loyal. You can see no expence has been spared on outfits, one game at the weekend,many were dressed as Roman Centurians, camera kept zooming into one young lad,dressed in all the gear, stood very upright in a millitatry stance.not flinching or moving his head for one second, really wanted to look the part.:lol must be a great day out and more goes into these games than i can imagine.