** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6

Very early one for me, as don't think it will be around for long. Arsenal V WBA - Arsenal -1AH @1.9 Ladbrokes Arsenal will be buzzing after today's goalfest at Stamford Bridge. While they still look far from sure at the back, they have plenty going forward, with RVP looking razor sharp. At home so far, they have been steadily improving. After losing without 3/4 of a team V Liverpool first time up, they have go on to win the next 4. True they have been lucky with the fixture list, but have done enough to dispose of Swansea, Bolton, Sunderland & Stoke. But WBA are the same level of team. Watched WBA against Liverpool this evening, and they were rank. Offered very little going forward, and could easily of been on the end of a 4-5 goal drubbing if Liverpool were more clinical. Shane Long looks a big miss for them, and will be out for a while. I think WBA have been fortunate to avoid a lot of the media spotlight so far due to the poor starts of Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn. They lost 4 of their opening 5 games, just a 1-0 win at Norwich breaking the sequence. They followed that up with an uninspiring 0-0 at home to Fulham, then a 2-2 away at troubled Sunderland. Then they picked up with a 2-0 home win to Wolves, and a 2-1 away win at Villa. So their 3 wins to date have been: 1-0 Away at Norwich - I watched this game and Norwich would of been very dissapointed to lose. They created plenty of goal chances (17 in total) but lacked the luck and the quality to find the net. 2-0 Home to Wolves - Again here a very ordinary Wolves side had plenty of chances, and 58% possesion & 11 corners. 2-1 Away at Villa - Here they trailed 1-0 until the game was changed with Villa being reduced to 10 as early as the 35th min. Arsenal are currently best price 1.5 with the books, and I see them going off around 1.4ish. This is the same price that Spurs are at home to QPR tomorrow, and the -1AH line is 1.63. Obviously Arsenal have a CL game midweek, but they are home to a middling Marseille team. Games is on Tuesday as well so plenty of recovery time. Barring any injuries to key players, I think this is a stonking price that I will be shocked to see around for long. Big bet for me 5pts Arsenal -1AH @1.9 Ladbrokes :hope

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Thats the problem in football, what you see of one team one week can be completely different the next. bare in mind theres still a midweek fixture against marseille at home which has shortened alot also to about 4/6. In my opinion if arsenal had lost the fixture against chelsea, the odds would drift and tht would be a perfect oppotunity to back arsenal at better odds for both games and possibly tie them up in a double because Arsenal will be looking to bounce back. just a result against chelsea has shifted arsenal odds against marseille from about evens to 4/6, which really says that instead of having to win this fixture every other time, they have to win it twice out of 3, which is a massive difference. The odds perhaps might even drift to 2.20-2.30 if arsenal had lost also has it would be a blow to them. Football is a funny old game, but 1.90 at AH-1 is definately good value, now its floating at around 1.75 and ever in doubt you can always trade it off for a small profit off betfair etc, so nice pick; but at 1.75 i think its abit too short to back.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 I'm interested in taking fulham on a handicap this weekend as we seem to do better against big clubs, but obviously this depends on price. More to follow soon.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6

Saturday 5 November 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United v Everton (12:45 GMT) 2.38 3.4 3.5 100.00 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion (15:00 GMT) 1.44 5.1 8.5 100.82 %
maximize.gif Aston Villa v Norwich City (15:00 GMT) 1.88 3.7 4.9 100.63 %
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Chelsea (15:00 GMT) 8.5 4.75 1.5 99.48 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Swansea City (15:00 GMT) 1.31 5.8 13.5 100.98 %
maximize.gif Manchester United v Sunderland (15:00 GMT) 1.25 6.8 17.5 100.42 %
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v Manchester City (17:30 GMT) 11.5 5.5 1.36 100.21 %
Sunday 6 November 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic (13:30 GMT) 1.94 3.5 5 100.12 %
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Stoke City (15:00 GMT) 2.6 3.4 3.1 100.13 %
maximize.gif Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00 GMT) 3.4 3.45 2.35 100.95 %

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Initial thoughts are that Blackburn are overpriced!! Chelsea defensively look a mess, as do Blackburn which should make for a very open game at the weekend... Blackburn beat Arsenal at home this season and with the way chelsea are at the moment i think they are vulnerable! Blackburn have goals in them, and they are playing very well, just cant seem to keep the head when they get in front. But at 8.5 i think they are worth a bet

Initial thoughts are that Blackburn are overpriced!! Chelsea defensively look a mess, as do Blackburn which should make for a very open game at the weekend... Blackburn beat Arsenal at home this season and with the way chelsea are at the moment i think they are vulnerable! Blackburn have goals in them, and they are playing very well, just cant seem to keep the head when they get in front. But at 8.5 i think they are worth a bet
Especially since they are playing at home. Premier League is unpredictable and when a team playing at home is @ 8.50 or @ 11.00 as in case of Swansea these odds should be considered.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Newcastle DNB @ 1.62 (Stan James) Newcastle are a best priced 2.3 for this game, which is generous considering their form compared with Everton's form. It suggests that Everton are (by a small margin) the stronger side which I don't believe to be true at the moment. It will no doubt be a tight game which either side could win but as usual you have to wonder where Everton's goals are going to come from up against a resolute Newcastle defence, whilst at the other end we have seen what Newcastle's forwards can do in recent weeks. The DNB with Stan James is unchanged since before last night's game and I would imagine it would reduce to something like 1.5 before kick off. I'm not basing this too much on last night's result as we all know one result doesn't mean that much in this league, but it's a result which makes me take Newcastle more seriously, even though Stoke were quite poor, and if I was the bookie I would certainly adapt my odds for Newcastle vs Everton after having watched that game.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 I like Wigan this week they scru me pw against Fulham, but they have so many chances to turn the gameplay but somehow unlucky. But 5.00 for them? i think i will test them again and they have a decent record there as well..

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs. Wigan Athletic Selection: Wigan Athletic + 0.5 @ 2.00 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I fancy Wigan can get a result when they play Wolves at Molineux in Sunday's EPL clash. These two teams have been playing some of the poorest football in the EPL and this match looks set to be an early season relegation scrap. Neither team has much to shout about as of late with Wigan sitting bottom of the league losing their last 5 games. Wolves have not fared much better losing 4 out of 5 of their last games with only a home draw to Swansea to boast of. With both teams seemingly incapable of getting a win I think there is value in Wigan + 0.5 being priced at evens. As Niklasss noted above, Wigan actually have a good record at Molineux. The Latics have won both of their fixtures at Molineux in the previous two seasons. Also I think the return of Rodallega is a big plus for Wigan as he is one of their few proven goalscorers. I don't think this match will see many goals so unders was also tempting. I have decided though to lump my money on Wigan doing enough to get something out of this match, good luck :hope

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 4pts - Blackburn V Chelsea - BTTS @ 1.72 Bet365 As already mentioned in this thread Chelsea have been a mess defensively this season. They have only kept 1 clean sheet away from home and that was in the opening game against Stoke. They look to have adapted a more open style under AVB, but this is leaving the defence seriously exposed - as demonstrated by the 5 Arsenal scored last weekend. For all Blackburn's struggles this season they do carry a goal threat. They have the young lad Hoillet who looks a class player and they will always be a danger from set pieces with the likes of Samba in the side. They have only failed to score at home twice this season once against Man City (no disgrace) and once against Everton, but from memory they bossed this game and missed 2 penalties. Blackburn are still playing for the manager and will be fighting for their lives in this match. While I can't see them winning the game I do fancy them to cause Chelsea problems. At the other end I can't see Blackburn containing Chelsea and I will take the odds on offer on this one. :ok

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Blackburn Rovers Vs. Chelsea Selection: Draw @ 4.69 Pinnacle Stake: 8/10 I think there is good value in taking the draw this weekend when Blackburn face Chelsea at Ewood Park. The odds on the Blackburn win have been falling after Chelsea's dismal performance at Genk but I doubt Blackburn will be able to take all 3 points. Blackburn have been playing better football as of late and were unlucky not to beat Norwich away having to settle for a 3-3 draw. Blackburn also managed to qualify in the league cup against Newcastle after conceding another pair of late goals to tie 2-2 in regulation time. With Chelsea being the superior team technically you would think that Steve Kean would pack the midfield and try to make his team hard to break down while trying to hit on the counter. The Chelsea defense has been vulnerable this season and their finishing inconsistent. With Chelsea playing midweek in the CL this is a good time for Blackburn to face Chelsea as they are going to have to outwork them to get a result. Chelsea will probably still end up victors in this match but I think there is definitive value in Blackburn producing a spirited draw at 4.69 Pinnacle, good luck :hope

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Serial penalty giver Mike Dean refs the Blackburn/ Chelsea game & after giving two pens on monday nights Stoke/ Newcastle match i will certainly be looking at the penalty goal minutes with Sporting Index when the spreads come out, that has a small downside & a big upside...:ok....will post the spread later...

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 3pts - Bolton v Stoke - Bolton @ 2.52 Betfair Bolton have an awful home record this season and have lost all 5 league games so far. However 3 of these were against, United, City and Chelsea, so probably not as bad as first glance. Coyle showed he is a decent manager last season and I think Bolton are a decent side. Bolton are in desperate need of the points and with the price on offer I will back them to get their season going at home this weekend. Stoke have lost their last 3 away games against Arsenal, Swansea and Sunderland. All three of these games coming on the back of a Thursday UEFA Cup match - The same situation we have this week. I was very disappointed with Stoke on Monday and I think they have a few issues in fitting Crouch into their side. Although he's very tall he isn't very good in the air, and is actually better with the ball on the deck which isn't really the Stoke way. Bolton certainly have enough to cause Stoke problems. This added with the uefa cup game for Stoke, the importance of the game to Bolton and the nice price and I definitely see some value in Bolton here. :ok

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Blackburn - Chelsea Although Chelsea had a midweek match in CL, I think they are not tired right now. They spent low condition, and a relax match with Genk.. They lost 3-5 to Arsenal at their home and they will be passioned for this 3 points... Other hand, Blackburn is trying to play better and better because they had a really bad start for EPL.. They want to get something from Chelsea at their home, but I think that Chelsea will leave with 3 points in his pocket... My bet is :hope CHELSEA WİN :hope

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Arsenal - West Brom. After Arsenal beat Chelsea last week their motivation will be high and they surely will want to keep up the good run. West Brom. are inconsistent this season and they did not play good football against Liverpool last week, even though Liverpool was without their captain Steven Gerrard. Shane Long is still missing, so their attack will not be that strong. Van Persie played only 30 minutes against Marseille in midweek, so he will not be so tired and will surely want to continue his good run. Man.United - Sunderland I think Sunderland is underrated in this game. Even though Man.United have a good record at Old Trafford (bar the defeat against Man.City) they are not as good as they were last season. They simply play enough to get 3 points and we saw that last week against Everton and in midweek against Otelul where they won only 2-0. Sunderland has already played strong teams this season and they managed 1-1 draw away against Liverpool and lost 1-2 to Arsenal at the Emirates and 1-2 to Chelsea at home. Moreover, they never lost this season by more than 1 goal, In their last 10 games Man.United managed to win by more than 2 goals only twice and both times in Carling Cup against team outside the Premier League, namely Leeds and Aldershot abd both times by the same scoreline 3-0. Even though Sunderland did not lose to Red Devils in the last 10 games they did manage 3 draws, including 2 at Old Trafford and only once in these last 10 games they lost by more than 3 goals. Arsenal & Sunderland +3 @ 2.02 (3 units) William Hill

Anyone touching the Newcastle - Everton game? Newcastle odds are looking great!
Tough game to call with two teams of similar strength. I for one would wait for team news with that game as there are question marks for players on both sides. My instincts tell me Everton will not loose this match.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Queens Park Rangers Vs. Manchester City Selection: Manchester City - 1.25 @ 1.85 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I'm going to put my money on Manchester City continuing their dominating form when they play Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road in Saturday's late kickoff. MC have been imperious as of late and showed real quality in their 3-0 away win against Villareal midweek in the CL. That result gives MC 7 wins in a row in all competitions with 6/7 ending in victories with 2+ goal margins. With all of MC's players seemingly in top form there seems to be a real buzz and belief at the club that this is their year for success. I expect the players to continue to try and impress Mancini for starting roles as players like Aguero and Dzeko, who were rested midweek, rotate in. QPR have made a steady start to the EPL but in terms of quality they are nowhere near the likes of MC. Dare I say it but it's questionable if any of QPR's starting XI would make the city bench. QPR's form as late in the EPL is 1-2-2 with the only win being against Chelsea after they managed to get 2 players sent off. In my opinion QPR have not shown enough quality to demonstrate that they will be able to hang in against top quality opponents who are playing well. I am confident that MC will be victorious and hope that they are able to continue to win by sizable goal differences, good luck :hope

Tough game to call with two teams of similar strength. I for one would wait for team news with that game as there are question marks for players on both sides. My instincts tell me Everton will not loose this match.
Personally i wouldnt say Everton are a team with similar strengths to Newcastle at the moment. Newcastle defensively look very very solid, Demba Ba is scoring for fun and there is a real big buzz around Newcastle at the moment, and Alan Pardew has installed mighty confidence into his team and before the Stoke match he actually said they were going to walk away from Stoke with 3 points, a bold statement but it proved right. Everton on the other hand are very slack. They have lost 4 of their last 5 games and they are really struggling for goals, they always seem to have a couple of their key players injured and i would find it very hard to back Everton. Statistically, Newcastle have done very well at home also this season with 3 wins and 2 draws from 5 games and i also feel that any side that cant score a goal against Man Utd at the moment are a rather weak side (and yes, im a Man Utd fan)... Man Utd defensively at the moment are a shambles and i was expecting Everton to score at least 1 goal at home to us, so in that regard i think Everton are on a really bad spell at the moment, and they have to travel to the most in-form team in the country, i think odds-against for Newcastle should be backed!

Everton on the other hand are very slack. They have lost 4 of their last 5 games and they are really struggling for goals' date=' they always seem to have a couple of their key players injured and i would find it very hard to back Everton.[/quote'] That stat is fairly deceptive as those 4 defeats were against Man Utd, Chelsea twice and Liverpool and if you wanna make it 5 defeats out of the last 6 then we can chuck in Man City away aswell. Apart from the league game at Stamford Bridge Everton played well in all those games. Like a lot of people on here I tipped Man Utd to beat them last week but despite Man Utd winning my pre-conceptions of the game were wrong as the Everton performance was very strong, showing no signs of being jaded or having low morale. I agree with your point about scoring goals but on another day that match would have finished 1-1. Newcastle have a strong team, spirit and work ethic but they've played a lot of rank sides in the prem this season, the draw against Tottenham and the recent victory at Stoke being the most impressive results IMO. Again, I would wait for team news before betting on this game but Drenthe is back for Everton which is an early boost. I really don't think the Merseysiders have anything to fear from this Newcastle side, if they put in a similar level of effort to the Man Utd game it's very unlikely they will loose. I also point you towards the current Premier league table where Everton are a lot lower than where they will eventually finish and Newcastle currently at the high water mark in their campaign.

Here are the latest statistics regarding the 5-6

Newcastle – Everton

Newcastle has won 43% of the games between teams, the games tend to end in under (in 57% of the games) at the last game Everton lost to Man U 0-1 which makes it the 4st out of 5 loses. The last 5 games between teams were divided as follow: (2 games won by Everton, 2 games ended in a draw and 1 game won by Newcastle) Forecast: win for Newcastle under 2.5 goals.

Arsenal - West Bromwich Not much to say after Arsenal win over Chelsea. Arsenal will want to continue the good momentum. West Bromwich after the 2-0 lost to Liverpool will have a hard time recovering against Arsenal. Forecast: win for Arsenal over 2.5 goals. Aston Villa – Norwich both teams haven't shown much lately. The statistics shows Norwich hasn’t won Aston Villa even once. That, and the fact that 67% of the games ended in a draw, Forecast: draw under 2.5 goals. Blackburn – Chelsea Chelsea has won at 43% of the games between teams. Blackburn with a bad record on her side, gives Chelsea a good position to win this on. Forecast: win for Chelsea under 2.5 goals. Liverpool – Swansea

No games played between teams, but in Enfield its hard to stay with your pants up. Forecast: win for Liverpool under 2.5 goals. Manchester U – Sunderland

With 70% win, and in old Trafford, I'm not that optimist for Sunderland. Statistics say 60% of the games ends In over 2.5 goals. That’s way I'll do the same and go with Forecast: win Man U over 2.5 goals. Queens PR - Manchester C

After 6 wins in a row, I think Man C needs a brake, and with Queens PR wining Chelsea at home, I think it’s a Prescription for a surprising result Forecast: draw under 2.5 goals.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Manchester United Vs. Sunderland Selection: Sunderland + 2 @ 1.70 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I have to say that I think Sunderland are overpriced this weekend when they play Manchester United at Old Trafford. MU have not been playing nearly as well as they were in the beginning of the season while Sunderland have been improving. Obviously MU are still big favorites here but I doubt they will be able to win by more than 2 goals. Sunderland have yet to be beaten in the EPL this year by 2 or more goals. In the past 10 H2H's against MU they have only been beaten by more than 2 goals once. 2 games in the last 10 ended with MU winning by 2 while the remaining 7 games have ended in less than 2. With many of the Sunderland players being ex MU I expect a fierce competition here. I still expect MU to win this game but think it will be tight. For me Sunderland look good value on the handicap, good luck :hope

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Fulham Vs. Tottenham Hotspurs Selection: Tottenham Hotspurs + 0 @ 1.69 Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 I've placed a bet on Tottenham this weekend (DNB) when they make the journey south of the Thames to take on Fulham at Craven Cottage. Both teams will have taken part in Thursday's Europa League matches but substantially Tottenham fielded a complete B team while Fulham has gone with their first XI. Seeing as the match is on Sunday this will only give the Fulham players 2 days of full rest to recuperate for the match. Tottenham have been looking good in the EPL and last weekend were able to dispose of another London club away beating QPR 3-1. Tottenham have gone 4-0-1 in their last 5 EPL games. Fulham meanwhile have made an inconsistent start to the season sitting 15th in the league. Fulham are 2-2-1 in their past 5 games in EPL. While I don't think it will be easy for Tottenham to get all 3 points I like the look of backing them with a draw voiding the bet, good luck :hope

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Newcastle United Vs. Everton Selection: Newcastle United + 0 @ 1.68 Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 Here's another match that I will be placing a bet on a DNB basis. Newcastle have made an impressive start to the season and seem overpriced this weekend when they face Everton. Newcastle are sitting 3rd in the EPL and are 4-0-1 in their last 5 EPL games. The Magpies good form has been built on a solid defense that has conceded only 7 goals so far this season, the fewest in the EPL. Newcastle have also been helped by the scoring exploits of Demba Ba who has scored 8 goals in 9 league games. Everton conversely have made a relatively poor start to the EPL season sitting in 16th place. Everton are finding points hard to come by and their recent EPL is not good with them being 1-4-0. While Everton have had a tough run of fixtures I don't think they are looking very strong this season. Therefore I think there is good reason to bet on Newcastle this weekend but will take them on a DNB basis to reduce the risk, good luck :hope

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Wolverhampton-Wigan 2 @4,62 1/10 pinnacle In my eyes Wigan is worth a small bet as they are a bit overpriced.Wolves are playing worse as well and therefore they shouldn't be favourit that much.Martinez is backed by club boss Whelan but McCarthy is under big pressure.Small bet for me. GL:ok

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 5 - 6 Liverpool vs Swansea Swansea's home record have been brilliant, having picked up nearly all of their points at home. However, they are yet to win on the road. To be fair, most of the away fixtures have been tough for them, and I dont think liverpool should drop points here. Anfield has a great atmosphere nowadays and a top 4 spot is what the scousers want. Dropping points here will proove costly come the end of the season after Arsenal and Tottenham both have been in great form recently and looks to also be serious contenders for a top 4 spot. Liverpool have made some good signings and Suarez alone should be too much of a challenge for the Swansea defence. Liverpool win 7/20 10/10 hills Liverpool -1.5 39/40 8/10 bet365 Liverpool win 2nd half 8/11 10/10 :hope

That stat is fairly deceptive as those 4 defeats were against Man Utd, Chelsea twice and Liverpool and if you wanna make it 5 defeats out of the last 6 then we can chuck in Man City away aswell. Apart from the league game at Stamford Bridge Everton played well in all those games. Like a lot of people on here I tipped Man Utd to beat them last week but despite Man Utd winning my pre-conceptions of the game were wrong as the Everton performance was very strong, showing no signs of being jaded or having low morale. I agree with your point about scoring goals but on another day that match would have finished 1-1. Newcastle have a strong team, spirit and work ethic but they've played a lot of rank sides in the prem this season, the draw against Tottenham and the recent victory at Stoke being the most impressive results IMO. Again, I would wait for team news before betting on this game but Drenthe is back for Everton which is an early boost. I really don't think the Merseysiders have anything to fear from this Newcastle side, if they put in a similar level of effort to the Man Utd game it's very unlikely they will loose. I also point you towards the current Premier league table where Everton are a lot lower than where they will eventually finish and Newcastle currently at the high water mark in their campaign.
Hi again Mr Phanton.. Interesting debate on this match i must say. As for me personally i think the manner in which Stoke dominated Stoke at the Brittania, i think we have to at the moment treat Newcastle with the respect they deserve. For example, i dont think we should presume that they are going to finish 10th or 11th, they probably will not finish in the top 5 but i think it would be unfair to presume they are definately going to fade into the background by the end of the season as they have not put a foot wrong this season. I have never ever seen a Newcastle team/club that is so full of enthusiasm and belief , whatever Pardew has done he has done wonders and i am surprised as i thought Newcastle made a big mistake in getting rid of Hughton, but turns out maybe it was the right decision? I know that Everton had tough games but they didnt pick up a single point in any of those games, and the normal Everton are usually a very tough side to beat, and they normally pick up points against the top teams, especially at Goodison. I personally think in their current form that they should not be backed, whereas at least you know backing Newcastle that: (A) They are solid defensively (B) Morale is very high © They are scoring goals at will (D) They are unbeaten (E) The players believe they can fight for the Top 5 You say Newcastle have not beat any big teams yet, but neither have Everton. You can only beat what is in front of you.. Everton have won 3 matches, against Fulham, Blackburn and Wigan, 3 teams that will be in the bottom half of the table come May. Everton also lost at home to QPR. Newcastle drew with Arsenal and Spurs at home, two good draws to be fair. They beat Sunderland away which was a big achievement considering its a huge derby, they had a very good draw away to Villa who are a tough nut at home, but i watched them against Stoke and from watching that game they have my respect, they mean business in this league and they are the dark horses for the Top 5.. For me, home win!