** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October

TOTTI3

Bastia - Arles = 1 (1.61) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Bastia position 4° points 19 Arles position 15° points 13 Preview: Bastia: injured: Sanaia (Defender 2 / 0). Arles: Suspended: Baldé (Defender 11 / 0), Soro (defender 9 / 1). Injured: Laurenti (defender 8 / 0), Savagnier (Forward 6 / 1), Gigliotti (Forward 3 / 0), Butelle (goalkeeper 12 / 0). The A score in the home of Bastia w3-d3-l0 goals scored 11 goals against 6 and the score has Arles out of the house w0-d2-l4 goals scored 4 goals against 9. The home team hopes to continue the period of form and try to fight for a place nia playoffs against a team that has not much to ask the league if not to avoid relegation. Surely then the Bastia with the victory tonight against the Arles consolidate fourth place. As to the fine performance of the Negative Away The more I think a number of absences for an easy win at Bastia. In Ligue 2, Arles has lost the last three matches away from home. David Suarez and the leading scorer for Bastia with His 4 goals. Luigi Pieroni has produced 3 to Arles. :hope:hope:hope

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October

Friday 28 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Clermont Foot v Troyes AC (19:00 BST) 2.12 3.25 4.33 101.02 %
maximize.gif En Avant Guingamp v Angers SCO (19:00 BST) 2.14 3.15 4.5 100.70 %
maximize.gif FC Metz v Stade Reims (19:00 BST) 2.42 3.25 3.5 100.66 %
maximize.gif Istres v Le Havre AC (19:00 BST) 2.52 3.15 3.35 101.28 %
maximize.gif LB Châteauroux v AS Monaco (19:00 BST) 2.4 3.15 3.6 101.19 %
maximize.gif SC Bastia v AC Arles-Avignon (19:00 BST) 1.7 3.7 7 100.14 %
maximize.gif Tours v Stade Lavallois (19:20 BST) 2.08 3.2 4.5 101.55 %
Saturday 29 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Le Mans FC v US Boulogne (13:30 BST) 2.15 3.1 4.1 103.16 %
maximize.gif CS Sedan Ardennes v Amiens SC (19:00 BST) 1.72 3.55 6 102.98 %
Monday 31 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC Nantes v RC Lens (19:30 BST) 2.24 3.1 3.65 104.30 %

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October Far too much importance is put on short term form IMO. On average per season there are only about 20/21% of away wins in Ligue Two. I think the market has clearly taken the form of Metz into consideration in pricing them as they are. Generally speaking whenever Reims have participated in Ligue 2 they've won at most 3 away fixtures. Now, I don't know their current information or why they sit top of the league. But, also bare in mind the two away wins they picked up were early in the season against Lens and Monaco. Two historically big clubs that are struggling. In addition the most Metz have lost at home over the last few seasons is four games. I can see looking at this game a bit further that the bookies are clearly split on how to price this game up.... and a few have even underpriced it quite signficantly at 2.87 :puke for the away win. To me that suggests they are aware of the form Metz are in and the obvious factor that a lot of punters will just lump on regardless of price. Because all they will see is that Metz have lost their last five games. Now, I'm not saying they won't lose a sixth, but statistically speaking IMO Reims look quite underpriced across the board, and I'd be looking for something over 4 if I were personally going to take them :ok

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October Clermont Foot - Troyes Under 1,5 Goals (2,70) Sportingbet Both clubs are in good form at the moment. They are currently the to best defence in Ligue 2, whit an avarage of 0,75 goals against pr match. Clermont are in second place. They played some good football on the road, but seems to lack power at Stade Gabriel Montpied. They won three but lost two. Topscore Riviere are suspended while kreative midtfielder Nicolas Bayod are injuried. ESTAC are yet to win away from home. After six matches, they drawed four, while loosing two. On the brigh side, they dont conceed a lot of goals and two 0-0 matches, show they focus on the defence. They will properly need to do the same today. All three first team goalkeepers are out, so Marc Jean Furlan will play youngster Mannoni. The normal starter Bondel and reserve Philippon are both in the squad, and if god smiles on Troyes, one of them will play.

Far too much importance is put on short term form IMO. On average per season there are only about 20/21% of away wins in Ligue Two. I think the market has clearly taken the form of Metz into consideration in pricing them as they are. Generally speaking whenever Reims have participated in Ligue 2 they've won at most 3 away fixtures. Now, I don't know their current information or why they sit top of the league. But, also bare in mind the two away wins they picked up were early in the season against Lens and Monaco. Two historically big clubs that are struggling. In addition the most Metz have lost at home over the last few seasons is four games. I can see looking at this game a bit further that the bookies are clearly split on how to price this game up.... and a few have even underpriced it quite signficantly at 2.87 :puke for the away win. To me that suggests they are aware of the form Metz are in and the obvious factor that a lot of punters will just lump on regardless of price. Because all they will see is that Metz have lost their last five games. Now, I'm not saying they won't lose a sixth, but statistically speaking IMO Reims look quite underpriced across the board, and I'd be looking for something over 4 if I were personally going to take them :ok
Dont understand the odds on the Metz v Reims game. Reims are so overpriced' date=' they're 3.4 with Bet365. They sit top of the table and play Metz who have lost their last 5. Anyone fill me in on it ?[/quote'] Hi mate, Reims will miss Odair Fortes (RW) who suffered very bad injury in training this week and he probably will not feature any more for Reims this season. He contributes to Reims’ attacked play with pace and very good crosses. Reims will definitely miss him. On other side Metz will wait to hear whether Mathieu Duhamel is available to play after he missed last game against Troyes. And his availability is even more important as Diafra Sakho is suspending for tonight game. I was slightly intended in Reims’ win on Asianhadicap, but now I prefer UNDER2.25 at 1.847. It’s not so excited price, but I accept it, as Metz are likely to play more defensively than a home side usually do and I doubt that Duhamel will be ready at 100% if he featured at all. Reims will be looking to score a goal on the break and I doubt that they will manage to do it twice as their form has dipped slightly in recent weeks and they must deal with loss of flying right winger Odair Fortes.

France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct Chateauroux v Monaco Pick :- Chateauroux -0.25 @ 2.0 (8/10) Monaco are a team simply living by their reputation at the moment. The simple fact is that they are a very bad side at the moment and playing poor football. It doesn’t help that they miss about 7-8 players to injury so when they are back to full strength, I’d expect some improvements. But right now they show no confidence at all and few signs that they are going to improve much. Tonight they face a tough task away at Chateauroux who play on artificial turf. It seems to have done them some favours this year with them being strong at home but poor away. It doesn’t surprise me that they’ve been able to make their own plastic pitch a fortress and it’ll be difficult for most teams to come here and get a result. With Chateauroux lining up close to full strength tonight I definitely give them the edge. Right now I rank them as about one class above Monaco so I would say fair odds are about 1.75 on a -0.25 line. Take anything 1.80+ as a value bet. This is my highest staked bet of the season so far and I approach it with high confidence. France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct Metz v Reims Pick :- Reims +0.25 @ 1.94 (5/10) Metz are a club in a mess right now and have lost their last 5 consecutive games. In total, the last year or so has been a bad time for the fans and they are now very impatient and frustrated. Coach Dominic Bijotat is a man under serious pressure and there are rumours that he will resign if they lose tonight. A lot of fans actually want the club to lose tonight so that they can see the end of this coach, I don’t expect much support from the crowd. Actually, playing at home tonight could be disadvantage for Metz because the atmosphere wont be nice. Reims certainly come here at an ideal opportunity and their form this year has been excellent. Most of their best results have come at home, but they are no strangers to picking up some away points either. Under the current climate I think there’s a good chance Metz lose this game and they are under priced by the bookies. I’ll back Reims on a +0.25 line to obtain at least a draw, take anything 1.75+ France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct Clermont v Troyes Pick :- Troyes +0.5 @ 1.85 (5/10) Clermont are an overrated side who wont be able to last the pace this season. They continue to sit in the upper reaches of the table but I’d be surprised if it lasts. On paper their squad is thin, lacks overall quality and they rely upon team spirit and a determined physical game to succeed. Tonight they miss key striker Riviere to suspension and this is a massive blow to the team because he’s scored most of their goals this year. Troyes travel here in good form and they’ve only lost 2 games all season. They have yet to win on the road, but have played well and managed to obtain a number of draws. It could be a good time to face Clermont and the bookies overestimate the hosts here. There isn’t much difference between the two teams and a -0.25 line around the same price is much fairer. Take anything 1.80+ on Troyes +0.5.

Hi Meatman' date=' I will appreciate for your opinion about OVER2.25 in derby game between Guingamp and Angers.[/quote'] I think this is a tough game to call really. Guingamp are overrated in it at the moment @ odds of around 2.05. These two teams are evenly matched and in a derby will fight hard together. If anyone is to win it, I'd say Guingamp but a draw looks more likely. Personally I think 0-0 or 1-1 are likely scores, so I'd suggest the unders here The problem also for those that fancy the overs is that key Angers striker Charbonnier is suspended and that could take away a big source of potential goals.

I think this is a tough game to call really. Guingamp are overrated in it at the moment @ odds of around 2.05. These two teams are evenly matched and in a derby will fight hard together. If anyone is to win it' date=' I'd say Guingamp but a draw looks more likely. Personally I think 0-0 or 1-1 are likely scores, so I'd suggest the unders here The problem also for those that fancy the overs is that key Angers striker Charbonnier is suspended and that could take away a big source of potential goals.[/quote'] Thanks Meatman. Hmm, I still not convenience in dull 0-0 draw as Angers managed to score against Sedan without Gaetan Charbonnier and there is hope that Olivier Auriac will be back in the midfield to force some chances in front of a goal. Also Guingamp will be confident of scoring at least once after scored 6 in last two games. I will wait to see whether Auriac will feature in tonight game and will bet OVER2.2 with small stake. Once again, thank you to sharing your opinion with me.

Thanks Meatman. Hmm' date= I still not convenience in dull 0-0 draw as Angers managed to score against Sedan without Gaetan Charbonnier and there is hope that Olivier Auriac will be back in the midfield to force some chances in front of a goal. Also Guingamp will be confident of scoring at least once after scored 6 in last two games. I will wait to see whether Auriac will feature in tonight game and will bet OVER2.2 with small stake. Once again, thank you to sharing your opinion with me.
Ah no problem, the positive for you is that Angers seem to be playing open football this season, although I would say Guingamp are more of a solid team who will put defence over attack

Hi mate' date=' [b']Reims will miss Odair Fortes (RW) who suffered very bad injury in training this week and he probably will not feature any more for Reims this season. He contributes to Reims’ attacked play with pace and very good crosses. Reims will definitely miss him. On other side Metz will wait to hear whether Mathieu Duhamel is available to play after he missed last game against Troyes. And his availability is even more important as Diafra Sakho is suspending for tonight game. I was slightly intended in Reims’ win on Asianhadicap, but now I prefer UNDER2.25 at 1.847. It’s not so excited price, but I accept it, as Metz are likely to play more defensively than a home side usually do and I doubt that Duhamel will be ready at 100% if he featured at all. Reims will be looking to score a goal on the break and I doubt that they will manage to do it twice as their form has dipped slightly in recent weeks and they must deal with loss of flying right winger Odair Fortes.
Mathieu Duhamel should start, he passed a fitness test yesterday. Reims are also without Christophe Glombard, who got injured in training, and Khalid Sekkat. Both are regular defenders on the flanks.

France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct Clermont v Troyes Pick :- Troyes +0.5 @ 1.85 (5/10) Clermont are an overrated side who wont be able to last the pace this season. They continue to sit in the upper reaches of the table but I’d be surprised if it lasts. On paper their squad is thin, lacks overall quality and they rely upon team spirit and a determined physical game to succeed. Tonight they miss key striker Riviere to suspension and this is a massive blow to the team because he’s scored most of their goals this year. Troyes travel here in good form and they’ve only lost 2 games all season. They have yet to win on the road, but have played well and managed to obtain a number of draws. It could be a good time to face Clermont and the bookies overestimate the hosts here. There isn’t much difference between the two teams and a -0.25 line around the same price is much fairer. Take anything 1.80+ on Troyes +0.5.
I've just read that first three goalkeepers are unavailable for Troyes. Can somebody confirm this or shoud we wait till starting lineups are announced. ESTAC traveled to clermont with 3 gks but two of them are highly doubtfull, 19 yo Mannoni look likely to be between the sticks tonight.

I've just read that first three goalkeepers are unavailable for Troyes. Can somebody confirm this or shoud we wait till starting lineups are announced. ESTAC traveled to clermont with 3 gks but two of them are highly doubtfull, 19 yo Mannoni look likely to be between the sticks tonight.
yeh there is some doubt. but even if the U19 keeper plays will he be that bad? its not even a certainty that Clermont will test him that much so I'm not worried there even if he does play

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October Istres-Le Havre=over (2.20) bet365 stake 3 / 10 Istres position 13° points 14 Le Havre position 3° points 21 Preview: Istres: Suspended: Joris Sainati (defender 4 / 1); in doubt: Claude Dielna (defender 5 / 0). Le Havre: Suspended: Francois Julien (striker 7 / 0); in doubt: Maxime Le Marchand (defender 7 / 1); injured: Hassane Halla (midfielder 0 / 0). The Istres has a score in-house w2-d2-l2 goals scored 10 goals against 9 while Le Havre has a score out of the house w3-d0-l3 goals scored 5 goals against 6. The Istres not fear no team and loves the game often neglected leaving offensive defense. The visiting team prefers offensive game tonight, then two teams that mark and undergo a lot of goals. The Istres has produced 17 goals and conceded 21, while Le Havre has produced 15 goals and conceded 10. Earlier last season: 0-2 (Istres at home) and 1-2 (Le Havre at home). The last home win against Le Havre in Istres was 2003. A year ago, Istres was 19 in the standings with 9 points. Now it's 13 with 14 points. :hope:hope:hope

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October I really like Le Havre basically because of their H2H stats with Istres. But I dont know their team or missings. odds are good and they have lost 3 times away but against better teams and Istres lost at home from Le Mans who is poor traveler I mean only 1 win. Can someone tell me is there some significant missings in Le Havre team?

4Ever;2041081']I really like Le Havre basically because of their H2H stats with Istres. But I dont know their team or missings. odds are good and they have lost 3 times away but against better teams and Istres lost at home from Le Mans who is poor traveler I mean only 1 win. Can someone tell me is there some significant missings in Le Havre team?
Le Havre side should be fairly strong tonight. Hang on 45 minutes and you'll be able to check it on www.lfp.fr. Expect to see something like ... Placide; Rivierez, Genton, Nestor, Mendy; Mendes de Graca, Louvion, Mesloub, Fontaine, Bonnet; Riviere (or perhaps Fanchone).

Le Havre side should be fairly strong tonight. Hang on 45 minutes and you'll be able to check it on www.lfp.fr. Expect to see something like ... Placide; Rivierez, Genton, Nestor, Mendy; Mendes de Graca, Louvion, Mesloub, Fontaine, Bonnet; Riviere (or perhaps Fanchone).
Thanks Atko for the answer. Once we were together on Reims when Reims was in France 3 league. Since then a lot of work for me, no time for proper betting, lousy internet connection from bad to worst :D. Ill wait a bit more for Le Havre.

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October Been a few questions over team-news tonight, so just to clear a few things up. Troyes have their first-choice goalkeeper, Olivier Blondel, in their line-up. Le Havre line-up almost as predicted - they have gone with James Fanchone instead of Ryan Mendes de Graca. Good luck to all that play this evening :ok

France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct Chateauroux v Monaco Pick :- Chateauroux -0.25 @ 2.0 (8/10) Monaco are a team simply living by their reputation at the moment. The simple fact is that they are a very bad side at the moment and playing poor football. It doesn’t help that they miss about 7-8 players to injury so when they are back to full strength, I’d expect some improvements. But right now they show no confidence at all and few signs that they are going to improve much. Tonight they face a tough task away at Chateauroux who play on artificial turf. It seems to have done them some favours this year with them being strong at home but poor away. It doesn’t surprise me that they’ve been able to make their own plastic pitch a fortress and it’ll be difficult for most teams to come here and get a result. With Chateauroux lining up close to full strength tonight I definitely give them the edge. Right now I rank them as about one class above Monaco so I would say fair odds are about 1.75 on a -0.25 line. Take anything 1.80+ as a value bet. This is my highest staked bet of the season so far and I approach it with high confidence. France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct Metz v Reims Pick :- Reims +0.25 @ 1.94 (5/10) Metz are a club in a mess right now and have lost their last 5 consecutive games. In total, the last year or so has been a bad time for the fans and they are now very impatient and frustrated. Coach Dominic Bijotat is a man under serious pressure and there are rumours that he will resign if they lose tonight. A lot of fans actually want the club to lose tonight so that they can see the end of this coach, I don’t expect much support from the crowd. Actually, playing at home tonight could be disadvantage for Metz because the atmosphere wont be nice. Reims certainly come here at an ideal opportunity and their form this year has been excellent. Most of their best results have come at home, but they are no strangers to picking up some away points either. Under the current climate I think there’s a good chance Metz lose this game and they are under priced by the bookies. I’ll back Reims on a +0.25 line to obtain at least a draw, take anything 1.75+ France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct Clermont v Troyes Pick :- Troyes +0.5 @ 1.85 (5/10) Clermont are an overrated side who wont be able to last the pace this season. They continue to sit in the upper reaches of the table but I’d be surprised if it lasts. On paper their squad is thin, lacks overall quality and they rely upon team spirit and a determined physical game to succeed. Tonight they miss key striker Riviere to suspension and this is a massive blow to the team because he’s scored most of their goals this year. Troyes travel here in good form and they’ve only lost 2 games all season. They have yet to win on the road, but have played well and managed to obtain a number of draws. It could be a good time to face Clermont and the bookies overestimate the hosts here. There isn’t much difference between the two teams and a -0.25 line around the same price is much fairer. Take anything 1.80+ on Troyes +0.5.
Good picks tonight mate :ok hope that gets it right up the cnuts who get on your back. You probably don't want to know this, but Reims hit the post in the 96th minute from a free-kick :@

Good picks tonight mate :ok hope that gets it right up the cnuts who get on your back. You probably don't want to know this' date=' but Reims hit the post in the 96th minute from a free-kick :@[/quote'] Cheers Atko I'll accept my profit of 2/3 here, the most important thing for me tonight was that Chateauroux won. By all accounts they should've won by a bigger margin too, Monaco are awful at the moment. Yeh I was listening to Metz - Reims on the radio last 10 mins, unlucky with them hitting the post there in the last minute, had that gone in it'd have been a real bonus. Seems overall that I can't have too many complaints about the result though. Metz played far better than I think any of us expected. I didn't really give them much hope of winning tonight at all. The coach was on his last legs, seemed to have lost the dressing room, Metz fans didn't even want them to win! And what happens, they fcuking get a result! Funny old game is football

France Ligue 2 Oct 22th Oct Chateauroux v Monaco Pick :- Chateauroux -0.25 @ 2.0 (8/10) Monaco are a team simply living by their reputation at the moment. The simple fact is that they are a very bad side at the moment and playing poor football. It doesn’t help that they miss about 7-8 players to injury so when they are back to full strength, I’d expect some improvements. But right now they show no confidence at all and few signs that they are going to improve much. Tonight they face a tough task away at Chateauroux who play on artificial turf. It seems to have done them some favours this year with them being strong at home but poor away. It doesn’t surprise me that they’ve been able to make their own plastic pitch a fortress and it’ll be difficult for most teams to come here and get a result. With Chateauroux lining up close to full strength tonight I definitely give them the edge. Right now I rank them as about one class above Monaco so I would say fair odds are about 1.75 on a -0.25 line. Take anything 1.80+ as a value bet. This is my highest staked bet of the season so far and I approach it with high confidence.
Thanks for the tip, meatman. Followed you with a decent-sized stake, due to your confidence on this one, which has set me up nicely for the weekend's games. Cheers :ok

Cheers Atko I'll accept my profit of 2/3 here, the most important thing for me tonight was that Chateauroux won. By all accounts they should've won by a bigger margin too, Monaco are awful at the moment. Yeh I was listening to Metz - Reims on the radio last 10 mins, unlucky with them hitting the post there in the last minute, had that gone in it'd have been a real bonus. Seems overall that I can't have too many complaints about the result though. Metz played far better than I think any of us expected. I didn't really give them much hope of winning tonight at all. The coach was on his last legs, seemed to have lost the dressing room, Metz fans didn't even want them to win! And what happens, they fcuking get a result! Funny old game is football
:ok:notworthy thanks meatman you said for high confidence on chateauroux i bet a high stake big profit :notworthy

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October France Ligue 2 Oct 29th Oct Le Mans v Boulogne Pick :- Boulogne +0.25 @ 2.09 (5/10) Le Mans did incredibly well to beat Rennes in the midweek cup on penalties, but I think this will be the ‘come down’ match for them. All of their best results and performances have been in the cup this year, ligue matters have been much difficult for them. With the players only having had 3 days to recover from the exploits of extra time, I think it’ll be difficult for them to deliver a consistent match over the course of the 90 mins. Boulogne have won both of their matches under a new coach and have momentum and confidence right now. They are notoriously hard to predict but they look to have a good chance of obtaining at least a draw here, especially as the squad is completely unchanged from last week. They are the better team right now and odds are generous, take anything 1.90+ on this +0.25 AH line. France Ligue 2 Oct 29th Oct Sedan v Amiens Pick :- Sedan -1 @ 2.35 (5/10) (Pinnacle stand out price) Sedan are one of the better teams in ligue 2 and play nice attractive football at a decent pace. They even gave a good account of themselves in the cup midweek losing 1-3 away at Lille. Players were rested for that game too, so half the XI here will be fresh and raring to go. I just think they will have too much for Amiens who have proven themselves to be one of the weaker sides this year. They have fought hard to pick up a lot of draws recently, but they lack the technical qualities of Sedan. Too much class, speed and flair might be very difficult for them here to go up again. The odds on Sedan -1AH are too generous with Pinnacle and the best line worth taking at the moment. Sedan are the sort of side who are capable of winning games by big margins, they will just keep attacking. Anything 2.10+ is a nice price on the -1 line, or anything 1.75+ on a -0.75.

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October Le Mans - Boulogne : 2 (4,15) Pinnacle Le Mans had a terrible season so far. They where only 4 goals away, from Ligue 1 last season but a defeat to Vannes, gave the ticket to Dijon. Since then, its been down hill for club. Several top players left the club (Corchia & Helstad) and the replacements where not up to their standart. It took Boulogne 10 matches to win, their first game. That was too much for the board, who fired former Arles succes coach Estevan and put Planceque in charge. That turned the team up side down, and two wins against Sedan and in form Nantes, takes then up the table. especially one player have been impressiv, the last few weeks. Top scorer Allart. He scored 4 in the last 5 matches. Le Mans played Rennes in Coupe De La Ligue in the midt-week. That match went into extra time (4-1). That gives the boys fra Boulogne-Sur-Mer 3 extra days restuation and preparation time, compared to Le Mans. That might be a huge advantage. Le Mans are missing three of their offensive players. Anthony Koura, Anthony Derouard and Fousseyni Cisse. Only Cisse is a blow. Boulogne are whitout defender Hugo Cianci but he´s been out for at couple of weeks so far.

Re: France Ligue 2 - 28-31 October Le Mans 1-0 Boulogne 92nd minute winner for Le Mans which was pretty much undeserved after they struggled last 20 mins Sedan 3-1 Amiens 93rd minute goal to make it 3-1 So a tale of late goals, overall some profit for me on these 2 bets though