** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Scotland: Premier Oct 29

aliando

Saturday 29 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Aberdeen v Rangers (12:00 BST) 7.8 4.33 1.55 100.41 %
maximize.gif Celtic v Hibernian (15:00 BST) 1.23 6.8 18 101.56 %
maximize.gif Dunfermline Athletic v Dundee United (15:00 BST) 3.3 3.4 2.4 101.38 %
maximize.gif Hearts v Kilmarnock (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.65 5.4 101.47 %
maximize.gif Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Motherwell (15:00 BST) 3.1 3.3 2.58 101.32 %
maximize.gif St Johnstone v St Mirren (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.35 3.75 101.97 %

Re: Scotland: Premier Oct 29 Just the one for me ... Hearts v Kilmarnock: Hearts @ 1.719 with Pinnacle (7pts) I kinda feel Killie fans and Scottish football in general have been hoodwinked a bit by Kenny Shiels. Sure, ok, they play some decent stuff at times, but the way the Ulsterman goes on, you'd think his side were the second coming of Barca with the Champions League in their sights. After every match, Shiels tells us great things are just around the corner. The grim reality is that Killie have the same points total as the much-maligned Hibs. They've won just twice in the SPL this season; a 4-1 rout of the aforementioned Hibs and a 3-2 sneaker over Dunfermline. Both those games were at home. On their travels, draws last week at Motherwell, Dundee Utd on the opening day and Aberdeen after squandering a 2-0 lead have been as good as it's got. Most recently, they limped past East Fife in the cup on Tuesday, a sending-off for the Second Division part-timers eventually doing the Ayrshire men a massive favour. They've got some tidy players. The manager's son, Dean Shiels, and Gary Harkins, form a decent duo in midfield, while Paul Heffernan knows where the goal is. At the back, though, they have the misfortune of being able to fold like a cheap table. Concentration has also been an issue; 11 of the 18 goals they've conceded in the SPL this season have come in the last 25 minutes. Tynecastle isn't the place to go if you want to play pretty football. It's a sleeves up, wire-in sort of venue and I don't think Killie have that in their locker. Sure, they did very well there last season, but Eremenko, Sammon and Bryson were a cut above their replacements. The thing about Hearts is they can tailor their system to their opponents. Paolo Sergio is proving himself highly astute tactically. He handed Neil Lennon a lesson when Celtic came calling, and I'd argue he got it right against Rangers last week, but was punished simply by the fact Ally McCoist has better players. We can rest assured the Portuguese will have sussed Killie's weaknesses. Tight as a nun's chuff, Hearts have only conceded three goals at home, two of them to Rangers last week. That foundation gives the likes of David Templeton, Ryan Stevenson and Rudi Skacel the right to do their thing. Where there are question marks are over their ability to make their dominance of games count. I have an inkling big striker John Sutton might come back into the fold tomorrow, given Killie's frailties in an aerial bombardment, but there's just as strong a chance he'll be watching with pie and bovril in hand. When it comes down to it, on the most basic level, we're talking about the SPL's third-best home side hosting its third-worst away side. I don't see the form book being ripped up tomorrow. Good luck SPL punters this weekend :ok

Re: Scotland: Premier Oct 29 I feel like there's value in Aberdeen on a handicap. They never give Rangers an easy game at Pittodrie. Rangers haven't won by more than a single goal up there for six years. The record since that game in this fixture is: Aberdeen wins - 5 Rangers wins - 3 Draws - 4 When they played at Ibrox earlier in the season Aberdeen actually played the better football for a significant portion of the game and probably would have got a point if they hadn't missed an open goal. Rangers are in decent form, but it's being priced as if they're going to waltz up there and stick 3 or 4 past them (something which hasn't happened for about 10 years).

Re: Scotland: Premier Oct 29 Having thought about it, I'm going for two bets: Aberdeen +1 at 2.25 (Ladbrokes) / Rangers to win by a single goal at 3.5 (Ladbrokes) In other words, this is betting on Rangers not winning by more than a single goal. So long as that doesn't happen any other result produces a return.

Re: Scotland: Premier Oct 29

Having thought about it, I'm going for two bets: Aberdeen +1 at 2.25 (Ladbrokes) / Rangers to win by a single goal at 3.5 (Ladbrokes) In other words, this is betting on Rangers not winning by more than a single goal. So long as that doesn't happen any other result produces a return.
Good luck to you mate. Has the potential to be a hard-fought match at Pittodrie. Craig Brown's side is starting to come together, and the whole city is always right up for a clash with Rangers. Got a feeling you'll still be on the edge of your seat deep into the match. Hope it comes up for you :ok

Good luck to you mate. Has the potential to be a hard-fought match at Pittodrie. Craig Brown's side is starting to come together' date=' and the whole city is always right up for a clash with Rangers. Got a feeling you'll still be on the edge of your seat deep into the match. Hope it comes up for you :ok[/quote'] Cheers! I've got to say, I've always liked watching games between these two for some reason. Particularly at Pittodrie there always seems to be a bit of bite about it.

I feel like there's value in Aberdeen on a handicap. They never give Rangers an easy game at Pittodrie. Rangers haven't won by more than a single goal up there for six years. The record since that game in this fixture is: Aberdeen wins - 5 Rangers wins - 3 Draws - 4 When they played at Ibrox earlier in the season Aberdeen actually played the better football for a significant portion of the game and probably would have got a point if they hadn't missed an open goal. Rangers are in decent form, but it's being priced as if they're going to waltz up there and stick 3 or 4 past them (something which hasn't happened for about 10 years).
Nice post and sound reasoning for your bet!:ok A weather update for you....It's like a Summers' day in Aberdeen today.....gale force wind, freezing and the rain has just come on!:ok With Pittodrie being situated close to the seafront, weather conditions could level out the obvious gulf in class between the two teams!:hope:hope I'm still not convinced that this Aberdeen team is any better than they were a month ago (pish) so I'll just be dabbling on a Red card being shown as these are normally feisty affairs (7/2 on Paddy power) TQM

Just the one for me ... Hearts v Kilmarnock: Hearts @ 1.719 with Pinnacle (7pts) I kinda feel Killie fans and Scottish football in general have been hoodwinked a bit by Kenny Shiels. Sure, ok, they play some decent stuff at times, but the way the Ulsterman goes on, you'd think his side were the second coming of Barca with the Champions League in their sights. After every match, Shiels tells us great things are just around the corner. The grim reality is that Killie have the same points total as the much-maligned Hibs. They've won just twice in the SPL this season; a 4-1 rout of the aforementioned Hibs and a 3-2 sneaker over Dunfermline. Both those games were at home. On their travels, draws last week at Motherwell, Dundee Utd on the opening day and Aberdeen after squandering a 2-0 lead have been as good as it's got. Most recently, they limped past East Fife in the cup on Tuesday, a sending-off for the Second Division part-timers eventually doing the Ayrshire men a massive favour. They've got some tidy players. The manager's son, Dean Shiels, and Gary Harkins, form a decent duo in midfield, while Paul Heffernan knows where the goal is. At the back, though, they have the misfortune of being able to fold like a cheap table. Concentration has also been an issue; 11 of the 18 goals they've conceded in the SPL this season have come in the last 25 minutes. Tynecastle isn't the place to go if you want to play pretty football. It's a sleeves up, wire-in sort of venue and I don't think Killie have that in their locker. Sure, they did very well there last season, but Eremenko, Sammon and Bryson were a cut above their replacements. The thing about Hearts is they can tailor their system to their opponents. Paolo Sergio is proving himself highly astute tactically. He handed Neil Lennon a lesson when Celtic came calling, and I'd argue he got it right against Rangers last week, but was punished simply by the fact Ally McCoist has better players. We can rest assured the Portuguese will have sussed Killie's weaknesses. Tight as a nun's chuff, Hearts have only conceded three goals at home, two of them to Rangers last week. That foundation gives the likes of David Templeton, Ryan Stevenson and Rudi Skacel the right to do their thing. Where there are question marks are over their ability to make their dominance of games count. I have an inkling big striker John Sutton might come back into the fold tomorrow, given Killie's frailties in an aerial bombardment, but there's just as strong a chance he'll be watching with pie and bovril in hand. When it comes down to it, on the most basic level, we're talking about the SPL's third-best home side hosting its third-worst away side. I don't see the form book being ripped up tomorrow. Good luck SPL punters this weekend :ok
I agree with everything you say, and have also played. HEARTS -0.5 & -1.0 @ 1.961 (Pinnacle) I was surprised to see that the Jambos have drifted a little (can only assume that some punters have got cold feet about backing them because some of the player's wages are reportedly late being paid). I don't believe the reported wages delay will make any difference to Hearts performance today, and if they get to anywhere near the levels of their last two home performances, then they should beat Killie. As all four of Hearts' SPL home wins this season have been by 2-0 or 3-0, I decided to play the -0.5 & -1.0 line, but 1.74 on the -0.5 line is also a very decent price. I made the Jambos around 1.65 to win this one.

Hearts v Kilmarnock: Hearts @ 1.719 with Pinnacle (7pts)
Hearts 0-1 Kilmarnock - LOSS Things just didn't go my way today. Hearts were "harshly" (the words of Radio Scotland) reduced to 10 men after just 17 minutes and then Killie scored from a penalty given by the assistant ref. Again, Radio Scotland used the word "harsh". That's the game, though.

Re: Scotland: Premier Oct 29 Hearts dominated the whole match even though they were reduced to 10 men early on. Very unlucky to lose again just like against Rangers. Again though Hearts played with no Strikers and its no suprise they have the 2nd worst goals for record in the league. I would advise anyone to avoid playing Hearts the now as the manager is clueless and is leaving the best attacking threats out of the team. Also the unpaid wages saga seems to be rumbling on which wont help matters.

Re: Scotland: Premier Oct 29 The value lied with Hearts right up until Saturday morning, then the price became unacceptable. Very difficult to say whether the red card would have allowed them to win but the bet was totally valid, in my opinion, at the time, and only the aforementioned drop in price stopped me getting involved too. One of those things - it happens to all punters. Chin up Lennox, the winners will come back :ok

The value lied with Hearts right up until Saturday morning, then the price became unacceptable. Very difficult to say whether the red card would have allowed them to win but the bet was totally valid, in my opinion, at the time, and only the aforementioned drop in price stopped me getting involved too. One of those things - it happens to all punters. Chin up Lennox, the winners will come back :ok
All the excuses in the world don't change the fact the lad lost, the bookie won. If Killie won, they were the pick. I know pretty much nobody will agree, but there it is.

All the excuses in the world don't change the fact the lad lost, the bookie won. If Killie won, they were the pick. I know pretty much nobody will agree, but there it is.
You can't gamble on certainties, only on probabilities. Even a bet that has a 99% chance of success will fail on occasion, but as nobody can see into the future there's no point trying to guess when the 1% will occur.