** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31

Man.City - Wolves Looks like everyone expects City to score a lot again and I understand that betting against City at the moment is a risky strategy, but I would like to point out a few things. Man.City have an important game in Champions League against Villarreal next week and they already have a good goal difference in the Premier League so just 3 points is what they need. 3 out of last 4 home games Man.City played against Wolves ended 1-0 and the last game ended 4-3. The Carling Cup game in midweek produced many goals but the approach Wolves had was different. They know that at the end of the season it all might come down to the goal difference so I expect them to have 9-10 players in defense hoping not to concede a lot. Man.City & Under 2.5 @ 4.20 (1 unit) William Hill
I really don't see Mancini saying ''we scored six last week, so we only need one this'', mate. If you have the kind of players they have there's only one way to play, and that's to attack. I don't think Wolves will ''park the bus'' either. Every week I see their line-up and it's pretty attacking, and even if they did put nine men behind the ball, the defence is so bad at the moment it wouldn't make a difference. I could see five or six from City today, CL or no CL.

why the drift in the United game?
Probably because the last year or so has seen United fail to win when they are priced at under evens. Coupled with their poor recent record against Everton, their odds are probably evening out to a more realistic value :unsure

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Everton vs Man. Utd Pick: Home win Probable starting eleven: Everton: Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Rodwell, Fellaini, Coleman, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov, Saha Manchester United: De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Young, Rooney, Hernandez Both teams are almost complete for this match. Everton manager David Moyes will miss only Royston Drenthe due to suspension, while sir Alex Ferguson has all players available. That is why I am expecting an interesting match at Goodison Park. I will start with the fact that Manchester United is without a victory at Goodison Park in the previous three matches. Last season they played very interesting match and the final score was 3:3. Manchester was leading 3:1 after the regular 90 minutes. When everybody thought that United will win, a miracle happened and Everton managed to score two goals during the injury time. Everton had even a chance for the victory, but the referee stopped one very dangerous counterattack and whistled the end of the match. There were big protests from Moyes, he was even banned later, but the final score remain 3:3. The season before, in 2009/10, Everton won 3:1 (on 20.02.2010). It is clear Manchester have many problems on this visit. However, the main reason for my pick is the fact that Manchester United suffered a heavy defeat from Manchester City last weekend. As You probably know, City won 6:1 on Sunday and that defeat is very painful. I am sure the players confidence is broken at the moment. Sir Alex Ferguson will probably try to improve the atmosphere in the squad, but it is clear it won't be easy. This match comes too early and I think Everton is closer to the victory. Specially because they won 3:1 against Fulham last weekend.

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Everton - Manchester UTD
Selection Away win
Strength 10/10
Date 29/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90
Reasoning Odds are just about fair here. Sure, UTD lost 6-1 to City, but the red card did have a major influence on the final score, and we can certainly trust them to be the better side here. Evans is suspended, but otherwise Ferguson has the best possible line-up available for this game with Wayne Rooney in the first line-up. Everton has a couple of reasons to worry about. Phil Neville is sidelined, in-form winger Drenthe is suspended. At the same time Everton played 120 minutes in the Carling Cup in midweek and Cahill suffered a small injury there making him a doubt. At the same time Manchester UTD won easily against Aldershot in midweek, and they did so by also resting their star players. Also Everton already recorded 2 losses at home this season to QPR and Liverpool, conceding in all 4 games. Manchester will be eager to win this one and put behind the nightmare of the Manchester derby.

Event Chelsea - Arsenal
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 29/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.75
Reasoning Chelsea is playing nice football under Villas-Boas, they are creating more chances in past seasons, and their counter-attacks are really nice to watch. For this game they are missing Essien, Ramires and Drogba. Torres returns to the team while Terry might start. As for Arsenal is concerned, this season seems to be another failure as far as their title chances is concerned. Best thing they can do is try winning all the games and get a Champions League place. This means they need to win this game as well, and since Wenger always tries to win every game he plays, even did so at Old Trafford, we can expect an entertaining game. In the last 2 seasons Chelsea won this fixture both times 2-0. But now, something's different. Villas-Boas is much more offensive minded and his teams usually concede goals easier. Arsenal have also scored in every game this season, except the nil draw at Newcastle, so both to score here and over 2.5 goals shoud be taken into consideration.

SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventChelsea - Arsenal
SelectionOver 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date29/10/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.75
ReasoningChelsea is playing nice football under Villas-Boas, they are creating more chances in past seasons, and their counter-attacks are really nice to watch. For this game they are missing Essien, Ramires and Drogba. Torres returns to the team while Terry might start. As for Arsenal is concerned, this season seems to be another failure as far as their title chances is concerned. Best thing they can do is try winning all the games and get a Champions League place. This means they need to win this game as well, and since Wenger always tries to win every game he plays, even did so at Old Trafford, we can expect an entertaining game. In the last 2 seasons Chelsea won this fixture both times 2-0. But now, something's different. Villas-Boas is much more offensive minded and his teams usually concede goals easier. Arsenal have also scored in every game this season, except the nil draw at Newcastle, so both to score here and over 2.5 goals shoud be taken into consideration.
Ramires is available mate :ok, but if he starts is a different matter.

good question, just wondered the same thing. ManuU fans, any update? Are United forced to play with one arm tied behind their backs, to make it a fair contest? :p
I am a big United fan as you can see.Smalling is out with a foot injury.Young doubtful,the others are fit.I took the away win with high stakes because I am qiute confident.United is United:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Everton vs Man. Utd Pick: Home win Probable starting eleven: Everton: Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Rodwell, Fellaini, Coleman, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov, Saha Manchester United: De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Young, Rooney, Hernandez Both teams are almost complete for this match. Everton manager David Moyes will miss only Royston Drenthe due to suspension, while sir Alex Ferguson has all players available. That is why I am expecting an interesting match at Goodison Park. I will start with the fact that Manchester United is without a victory at Goodison Park in the previous three matches. Last season they played very interesting match and the final score was 3:3. Manchester was leading 3:1 after the regular 90 minutes. When everybody thought that United will win, a miracle happened and Everton managed to score two goals during the injury time. Everton had even a chance for the victory, but the referee stopped one very dangerous counterattack and whistled the end of the match. There were big protests from Moyes, he was even banned later, but the final score remain 3:3. The season before, in 2009/10, Everton won 3:1 (on 20.02.2010). It is clear Manchester have many problems on this visit. However, the main reason for my pick is the fact that Manchester United suffered a heavy defeat from Manchester City last weekend. As You probably know, City won 6:1 on Sunday and that defeat is very painful. I am sure the players confidence is broken at the moment. Sir Alex Ferguson will probably try to improve the atmosphere in the squad, but it is clear it won't be easy. This match comes too early and I think Everton is closer to the victory. Specially because they won 3:1 against Fulham last weekend.
Again,Neville and Cahill are out for Everton and Smalling for United.Young is a doubt.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Arsenal to beat Chelsea @ 6.00 (Betfair) - 1.25/5 Chelsea vs. Arsenal - Draw @ 4.1 (Betfair) - 1.75/5 Last week I thought Arsenal were too short and this week I think they're too big :unsure For me this looks like a 3rd vs. 6th fixture (going on approximations) and traditionally the 6.00 dangled for the away side looks a little out of kilter. Gunners have been solid if a little unspectacular recently and Chelsea were unlucky not to take at least a point last time out with 9 men. Chelsea have struggled for clean sheets this season though and with Van Persie's away scoring record I can see the Gunners pinching at least a goal here. With Vermaelen also returning you would expect to see a more solid defence from Arsenal which in turn could restrict Chelsea. I'm dutching the 2 and the X here. Norwich to beat Blackburn @ 2.05 (Paddy Power) - 3/5 Norwich look a good bet to continue Blackburn's woes here. They've had two excellent results in their draw at Anfield and victory over fellow promotion winners Swansea and were also a bit unfortunate not to have come away with something at Old Trafford. Bar a draw away at QPR, Blackburn haven't offered much recently to suggest they'll avoid relegation this season. Struggle to score, struggle to defend, struggle to get the 1st goal, you could go on. I'd want 5.00 before I'd even consider backing them here so at a touch over Evens, I see Norwich as the value in this one. Bolton (+0.25) to beat Swansea @ 2.14 (Betfair) 3/5 I think this will be a close game here. Swansea have been solid at home this season but Bolton's two wins have both come away from home against teams in similar positions - QPR and Wigan. They've been wildly inconsistent but going on my approximations, I make them 3.5 for the win and 3.3 for the Draw here. The 3.8 and 3.5 available make me side with the Wanderers and I'll take the AH to keep the Draw on side. GL all :hope :ok

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 i was going to stay away from Man Utd but no Cahill, Neville, and Drenthe can't be ignored by me. I also remember last year's meeting, Manchester United were cruising to 3 points...leading 3-1 and they conceded 2 90' goals to make the 3-3 scoreline. None of the 3 goalscorers for Everton (Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta) in that match will be on the pitch today.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Just a couple for me.... Already a lot of chat about the Wigan V Fulham game, but I'm still not convinced Fulham should be such strong favourites away from home. I don't think Wigan are that bad a Premier League side that we have seen in recent seasons. I mean, they aren't a Derby or a Barnsley. Purely for value sakes Fulham away at anything under three can not be considered value, and value is the name of the game at the end of the day. Suspending all belief about what I think for a minute, would I give Fulham a 38% chance of winning away to Wigan? Compared to 31% for the home win.... I just can't see where the justification comes from myself. On average since Fulham have been a Premier League club, they've won about 13% of their away games per season. Then we take a look at the prediction ratings for this fixture

Wigan43.2526.50 - 29.5035.75Fulham
All of this points toward a very tight contest, and I'd say the draw is the most likely outcome. For the reasons listed here I shall be taking Wigan + 0.25 @ 1.8 - BET365. Norwich City v Blackburn Rovers + 0.5 @ 1.9 - BET365. Fancy Blackburn to pick up at least a point here. They were priced up similarly away to Fulham and Q.P.R. and still managed a point. I feel the odds are justified still because Blackburn's away form makes pretty dire reading. But it's important to remember that both these sides are still relegation contenders, and as such I don't believe Norwich hold much value myself. You can get them at under evens now, which doesn't really appeal to me. The last couple of performances have been positive for Blackburn, and then you have the two goals they scored against Newcastle midweek. I still think the belief is there, and I'm not getting too carried away with the media hype over Blackburn.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Chelsea vs Arsenal Pick: 2 (AH +0.5) Probable starting eleven: Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Mata, Torres, Sturridge Arsenal: Szczesny, Djourou, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Santos, Arteta, Song, Ramsey, Gervinho, Van Persie, Walcott I think Arsenal is able to stay unbeaten at Stamford Bridge. They started the season awful way, they were trashed 8:2 from Manchester United, but after that Wenger find a way to rebuild the players confidence. At the moment Arsenal is in fantastic run of four victories in a row. Here are the results: Oct 25, 2011 Arsenal - Bolton 2:1 - Carling CUP Oct 23, 2011 Arsenal - Stoke 3:1 Oct 19, 2011 Marseille - Arsenal 0:1 - Champions League Oct 16, 2011 Arsenal - Sunderland 2:1 For this match Chelsea will be without Didier Drogba due to suspension. I think that is a handicap for the manager Andre Villas-Boas, even he has good strikers. On other side Wenger has no new injury or suspension problems. Even more, Thomas Vermaelen is back in the squad. In the previous round Chelsea lost 1:0 from QPR. It is true Chelsea had two players sent off, but it is also true the defeat had a negative impact to the players and to the manager Andre Villas-Boas. He criticized the referees after the game and could be even banned from FA. I think that Arsenal good run could be crucial for this derby. The players confidence is high, the atmosphere in the squad is excellent and I think Arsenal is able to stay unbeaten at Stamford Bridge today.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Everton v Manchester United Everton have struggled for form this season, with next to no money available for players. They havent strengthened since last season and have only signed a couple of unknowns along with Royston Drenthe, who is out today. Also missing are Cahill and Neville, 2 influential players for Moyes' side. United, after getting hammered last week, will be desperate to come here and get the points and Ferguson will have it drilled in that there can be no slip-ups. United rested their whole first team during the week while Everton played 120 minutes at full-strength and got beat from a weakened Chelsea side at home. With fatigue surely playing a part here and taking injuries to main players into consideration I can only see one outcome. Manchester United evens @ Betfair

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 WBA vs Liverpool Pick: Draw Probable starting eleven: WBA: Foster, Reid, Olsson, McAuley, Jones, Brunt, Scharner, Mulumbu, Thomas, Odemwingie, Tchoyi Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Downing, Gerrard, Adam, Bellamy, Kuyt, Suarez WBA manager Roy Hodgson will be without the striker Shane Long who suffered injury against Aston Villa. On other side Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has all main players available. I know that Liverpool is favorite, but I must say Liverpool is very inconsistent this season. They failed to win some easy games at home. What is even more frustrated, Liverpool had a lead against Sunderland (the final score was 1:1), Manchester United (the final score was 1:1) and Norwich (again 1:1). By the way, all those games were at home. On other side Liverpool have two victories on road, but the opponents (Arsenal and Everton) were in inferior position as they had a player sent off. The remain two games (Stoke and Tottenham) were lost. The memories from the last visit (02.04.2011) at The Hawthorns are not good. Liverpool lost that match with 1:2. Considering all previous mentioned facts, I think the draw is very possible option on this match. Specially because Dalglish played with the best players against Stoke at Wednesday in Carling Cup. I think Luis Suarez will be little tired as he played all previous matches. And I dare to say Suarez is the key player at the moment. So, I think Liverpool can't win here.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Manchester City v Wolves Manchester City are absolutely flying at the moment and nobody looks to be able to stop them, scoring an amazing amount of goals recently. They scored 4 at Blackburn, 4 against Villa, 6 against United and 5 at Wolves, 19 goals of which 15 came in the 2nd half. The pressure they put on lasts for the whole match and teams can only keep until half time. I dont see those stats changing here. Half with most goals 2nd 19/20 @ Bet365

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 My bet will be Everton vs Man Un (1-0) draw 3,65 @ Unibet , This is a must win game for united as they are allready 5 pts behind City and if the lost points here the gap between them must become 8 points this weekend ( City are taking Wolves - home win here ). Everton play very strong against Man U as they lost only 1 in their 6 meeting @ Everton, it will be very hard for United to win and if they win don't see it with more then a goal.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Chelsea-Arsenal - total goals (in grup) - 2-3 @1,95 Sportingbet this is based on stats as the last 12 games at Chelsea's stadium finished 10 times between 2-3 goals, 8 out of 12 games both teams managed to scores, 3 times the score was 1:1 , 2 times 2:1 and 2times 1:2 , so I see something similer happen again

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 For today; Chelsea vs Arsenal - over 3.5 goals 2.8 at sportingbet (1.5 units) Just a small bet on this one, but I do feel this game has got a lot of goals in it. Both teams are slighty defensivly suspect in my eyes and there are enough attacking threat in either side to cause defenders problems. Chelsea have been so strong at home this season, they've scored 3 or more in their last three games most impressively against Everton a couple of weeks ago. Mata and Sturridge have both been excellent this season, Torres is finding his form and Ramieres, Meireles and Lampard can all get goals from midfield. Personally I think they may have a bit of a field day against this Arsenal defence who do not convince me in the slightest. Djourou at right back is a worry, Vermalen wont start and Santos and Mertesacker are taking there time to settle and have looked a bit hit and miss in the matches i've seen them. As for Chelsea's defence they were troubled in parts by QPR with David Luiz looking woeful in that match, I would also have doubts about John Terry's mindset given everything thats going on with him at the moment. Whilst not as classy as Chelsea's attack, Arsenal still have al lot of pace in attack and in Van Persie an extreamly confident and on form striker. I'm expecting something like a 3-1 or a 2-2 here. West Brom vs Liverpool - Liverpool to win 2.2 at William Hills (2.5 units) I feel this will be a tight match but when you look at the two teams its Liverpool who have the players who are likely to create that bit of magic to get a goal. For me West Brom are probably more suited to playing away as I don't personally feel they have enough guile to really take the game to opposition when at home. They have good ball winners in midfield and a couple of direct and pacy attackers put not much else. As long as Liverpool don't over commit in attack too early in the game (which is unlikely given that they play with 5 in midfield) then they should be able to stay with West Brom. It will then be up to the likes of Gerrard and Suarez to pick off the West Brom defence, and i'm confident they'll be able to do just that. Wigan vs Fulham - over 2.5 goals 2.2 at William Hills (2.5 units) Going to go a little bit against the grain here and go for goals in this match. Whilst not being a must win for either side its one that they both feel they should win and if they carry that onto the pitch then theres a good chance of goals I feel. Indeed there is normally goals in most of Wigans home games (2 or more in all this season) and plenty last season and you can rely on Martinez to keep playing the same sort of football when at home. They have Rodallega back fully fit and potentially McCarthy and Di Santo as well which will be an attacking boost for them. If the probable line ups i've seen are true then with Fulhams right side of defence consisting of Baird and Senderos they could really be tested by Wigan today. Defensivly however Wigan are still as suspect as ever. Whilst Fulham are not the normally the most exciting of away teams, form this season hasnt been good (especially at home) and they sit in 17th place and another draw isnt really going to help them. I reckon that Jol will be instructing them to push for a very viable win today and they may play a bit more open and attacking than we usually see. :hope

Event Manchester City - Wolves
Selection Manchester City -2 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.86
Reasoning In this game Manchester City will play again with their main players. In the midweek, counting for the Carling Cup, Manchester City defeated Wolves. Better saying, the reserves of Manchester City defeated Wolves. Now will come back Mario Balotelli, Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany, Nigel De Jong and David Silva. Manchester City has a real strong team and even without Carlos Tevez they score goals like a machine. Last Wednesday Wolves had no chance at all against Manchester City. Money brought quality to the hosts side. Of course Wolves has his own value and they will try to discuss the result today. But that doesn't make me see other result than a Manchester City win. With so evident win and so low odd, i have to bet with an Asian Handicap. So far, Manchester City won the four home games they played, three of them by more than two goals, and one of them by two goals. So, AH-2 can be the best option here.

Event Wigan - Fulham
Selection Wigan(+0.25) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 29/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.81
Reasoning Fulham is having a poor start of the season. The fact that they are also playing in Europa league is certainly having an effect on their league displays. Only 1 win in 9 rounds, and just 1 point in 4 road trips. They have 3 losses in a row, including a 1-0 loss at Krakow, and also got kicked out of the Carling Cup by Chelsea. They only scored 1 goal in 4 away games and they have plenty of reasons to worry about before this game. Wigan always is in a bad moment, but their recent display away at Newcastle was pretty good. 7 losses in a row in all competitions but it seems like it's time to stop that run. Fulham is certainly nothing special, and I see value on these odds on the hosts.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Norwich-Blackburn=1 (2.00) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Norwich position 8° points 12 Blackburn position 20° points 5 Preview: Norwich: Injured: Zak Whitbread (defender 2 / 0), Elliott Ward (defender 0 / 0), James Vaughan (striker 3 / 0), Daniel Ayala (defender 1 / 0). Blackburn: absent: Grella (midfielder 1 / 0), Nelsen (defender 1 / 0), Salgado (defender 7 / 0), Dunn (midfielder 4 / 0); fall: Scott Dann (defender 5 / 0), Nzonzi (midfielder 9 / 0). The Norwich has a score in-house w2-d1-l1 goals scored 6 goals against 4 Blackburn while a score out of the house-w0-d2-l2 goals scored 4 goals against 8. The Norwich had a great start to the season and are in the top of the standings, however, know that the season is long so try to win games like these where the visiting team shows enormous difficulty. So far, apart from West Brom, was defeated only by big like Chelsea, Man Utd. Blackburn is the weakest team in the Premier League and has played during the week by winning the cup match to extra time with just a huge waste of energy. So in the end view of the important absences in the visiting team as the game played during the week, spending a lot of energy I think the home team could take advantage. Records away from home for Blackburn this season: 0-2-2. In the last 5 games at home playing Norwich City, Norwich City won 1 times, we have matched Blackburn has won 3 and 1. The goal difference is 7-6 in favor of Blackburn. Kyle Naughton (Norwich City) with its 2 yellow cards is the one who has received more in his team. Blackburn is Steven Nzonzi who has received 5. :hope:hope:hope

Everton v Manchester United Everton have struggled for form this season, with next to no money available for players. They havent strengthened since last season and have only signed a couple of unknowns along with Royston Drenthe, who is out today. Also missing are Cahill and Neville, 2 influential players for Moyes' side. United, after getting hammered last week, will be desperate to come here and get the points and Ferguson will have it drilled in that there can be no slip-ups. United rested their whole first team during the week while Everton played 120 minutes at full-strength and got beat from a weakened Chelsea side at home. With fatigue surely playing a part here and taking injuries to main players into consideration I can only see one outcome. Manchester United evens @ Betfair
:beer

My bet will be Everton vs Man Un (1-0) draw 3,65 @ Unibet , This is a must win game for united as they are allready 5 pts behind City and if the lost points here the gap between them must become 8 points this weekend ( City are taking Wolves - home win here ). Everton play very strong against Man U as they lost only 1 in their 6 meeting @ Everton, it will be very hard for United to win and if they win don't see it with more then a goal.
:cheers very,very nice perfect call :beer