** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31

Here are my bets for this weekend, nice and early. Everton v Manchester United @ 1.70 Sportsbet
Mate not trying to be rude but that's an awful price to be taking united at. I think I read in a post of yours that you don't have any other online betting accounts to choose from but I think you should look into opening a Pinnacle or Betfair account at the very least. In the long run letting the bookies take you for big margins is going to make it very difficult for you to break even, let alone be profitable, even if you do have a good eye for a punt. Better odds equal better paydays, best of luck with your bets! :ok

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I thought Sir Alex always wanted to win.... especially at OT :p Everton playing 120 minutes tonight is another factor, but I always feel that players playing that level of football should be fit enough, especially at this stage in the season, to handle the games in quick succession. That is an often (IMO) overplayed phrase used season after season.... if we're talking about lower league's, where fitness levels may not be as high then yes, playing lots of games will be an issue. But these guy's are as fit as anyone can be playing at the top level.
Of course he wanted to win. But the one thing he didnt want to happen was to lose the match! He hardly went out looking for a draw at OT..

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Everton - Man.United Man.United are coming to this game after heavy defeat and moreover their performance has not been so impressive during the past games. 2-0 win against poor Otelul in Champions League when Rooney scored twice from the penalty spot, or recent 3-0 win in Carling Cup against Aldershot is not the performance people normally expect from the Red Devils. Using "Man.United won't drop points again" is not a good approach to this game, especially considering that they haven't won in their last 3 trips to Goodison Park. However, it should be noted that Man.United has a full strength squad and Vidic played in Carling Cup against Aldershot so it is very likely that Man.United will have a very strong defence for this game. Everton aren't playing well at the moment and I am leaning towards Man.United win. I can't see Man.United wining just 1-0 and I see them scoring at least twice. However, taking into account they record away against Everton I will pick what I believe is a safer bet. Man.United Over 1.5 @ 1.80 (3 units) Bet365

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 One early one for me in the Premiership ... - Manchester City -2AH (v Wolves at the Etihad Stadium) @ 1.885 with Pinnacle (5pts) This is almost certainly the wrong time for any side to face Manchester City. I think everyone is aware of how good they were last week against Man Utd, and even their reserves zapped five past their opponents this weekend, Wolves, in midweek. They are a side in total control of almost everything they do, and they appear capable of scoring at will. At home this season, they've dismantled pretty much everything that's come up against them domestically. Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli are all capable of scoring goals, while David Silva has proved to be the league's most creative midfielder. He was rested last night but should start on Saturday, even factoring in their Champions League fixture next midweek. The strength of this Man City squad (a) allows them to replace quality with quality and (b) means that whoever comes in will bust a gut to impress. I usually have slight reservations when a manager likes to chop and change, but there is so much ability in the Citizens squad, this factor doesn't perturb me. What I also like about City is that they have become more robust at the back. Yaya Toure, Nigel de Jong and Gareth Barry protect the back four well and Vincent Kompany is a pillar in the defence. Joe Hart is proving a pretty reliable pair of hands, and with that in mind, I don't see enough in Wolves' armoury to do serious damage. What of Wolves? Well, their start to the season, where they picked up seven points out of nine, is pretty much forgotten. They have regressed, but it was to be expected. They don't have a midfield capable of dominating a match of this magnitude, and I certainly fear for Roger Johnston and Christophe Berra, who get turned far too easily. In fairness, that would happen to most teams against City right now. They are flying, and I don't see them being derailed on Saturday. I thought we'd see a -2.25 line at these odds considering the results last night and at the weekend. To get -2 looks a good bit of business. I'll happily get involved.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 It's certainly an obvious play to take City on a handicap, -1.5AH is 1.5ish which is pretty skinny but understandable considering their recent form. I think the -2AH is a better play too, I guess the only concern is how they line-up considering the match next week, since the whole 1st team has had a week off there shouldn't be any reason for the starting line-up to be changed, Aguero and Silva are the two key players for me in this one, Wolves are unlikely to be attacking so players who can pick a pass will be required. Whichever way you look at it there is little logical argument against a 2,3,4-0 City win, the league is the priority for City this year, it was always a tough CL group to get out of and I don't think there will be too much pressure from the board if they go out although I am perhaps being naive on that one considering the TV money and exposure at stake. Villarreal are very beatable currently and garbage last night, certainly a winnable game but Mancini will be mindful of the laboured struggles in the first game..guess that would be my only concern, but Wolves couldn't even stop a 'reserve' side hitting 5 so its probably not too valid..GL.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 West Brom. - Liverpool Both sides are inconsistent so my this bet will be based on matches between these two sides rather than on their form. It is still unknown whether Suarez will play or not, but even without him Liverpool has a good squad and Kuyt - Carrol partnership is also dangerous. Meanwhile, West Brom. will be without Shane Long, who I believe is an important player for them. Liverpool have beaten West Brom. in 9 out of the last 10 games between these two sides. The Reds lost only last game and that was the only game in the last 10 mentioned where West Brom. managed to score a goal. In 7 out of 9 games Liverpool won against West Brom. they did it by scoring 2 or more goals and Liverpool only won 1-0 twice (both times at Anfield). I believe Liverpool will win this one and surprised they are priced @ 2.00, but considering they good scoring record I will take them on a handicap. Liverpool -1 AH @ 3.00 (3 units) Bet365

West Brom. - Liverpool Both sides are inconsistent so my this bet will be based on matches between these two sides rather than on their form. It is still unknown whether Suarez will play or not, but even without him Liverpool has a good squad and Kuyt - Carrol partnership is also dangerous. Meanwhile, West Brom. will be without Shane Long, who I believe is an important player for them. Liverpool have beaten West Brom. in 9 out of the last 10 games between these two sides. The Reds lost only last game and that was the only game in the last 10 mentioned where West Brom. managed to score a goal. In 7 out of 9 games Liverpool won against West Brom. they did it by scoring 2 or more goals and Liverpool only won 1-0 twice (both times at Anfield). I believe Liverpool will win this one and surprised they are priced @ 2.00, but considering they good scoring record I will take them on a handicap. Liverpool -1 AH @ 3.00 (3 units) Bet365
That's a brave bet in my opinion. West Brom are without Long, but I wouldn't say he is that important to the team just yet. West Brom are improving after a slow start to the season. Don't forget also that Hodgson is up against his old club from last year. He doesn't seem the character to hold a grudge against Liverpool after his sacking, but i'm sure he will be super motivated to get a result in this game. Liverpool have not overly convinced me they are anything special this season. We all know about Carroll not living up to his billing, but other than Suarez, I still think the Liverpool team is quite ordinary. They couldn't get a result at home to Norwich, and have lost twice away from home in the league already (both times failing to score). Plus they are coming out of a tough midweek game while West Brom had the week off. Personally I think Liverpool are no value at all at around evens in this one. I'm tempted by West Brom at a best 4.2 (Stan James), but if I do get involved in this one, I would want some draw cover so West Brom +0.5 at 1.86 (Ladbrokes) would be my call. Good luck with the bet though:ok

Anyone else think that my lot' date=' spurs are abit short. In the last 2 games against Newcastle and Blackburn we certainly werent at our best. Plus if our central defenders our Kaboul and Bassong i would be surprised if we keep a clean sheet :lol[/quote'] I personally think Spurs will win easily enough against QPR. I don't rate QPR as an attacking force, and regardless of our centre back pairing (Gallas might be back which would help), I would fancy them to keep a clean sheet. I watched QPR against Chelsea and they had no threat at all, even with Chelsea's 9 men. Taarabt will be back against his former club but he is one of those players who in my opinion is too good for the championship and not good enough for the PL, so can't say i'm too concerned about him. Even though I think spurs will win, I don't think we are going to do a Fulham and put 6 past them. Spurs are still misfiring in front of goal a bit, so I can see this finishing perhaps 1-0, or 2-0. There is no value in backing spurs for the outright win, so i'm going for the following bets: 4 points under 2.5 goals @ 2.37 (Blue Sq) 0.5 points correct score 1-0 @ 8.6 (32red) 0.5 points correct score 2-0 @ 7.6 (32red) Here's hoping for another Spurs win:hope

4 points under 2.5 goals @ 2.37 (Blue Sq) 0.5 points correct score 1-0 @ 8.6 (32red) 0.5 points correct score 2-0 @ 7.6 (32red) Here's hoping for another Spurs win:hope
Just to save time you can take Tottenham to win & Under 2.5 @ 3.75 offered by William Hill with 5 points :ok

ok, is that price on Fulham for real? :eyes Personally don't see how an away side such as Fulham can be priced at under 3. But, this season has so far been pretty crazy so chances are Fulham will win 4-0.... Wigan haven't been great, but bar the Rangers game Fulham have been pretty shot shy. If I can get Wigan on a decent + 0.5 AH that would be my call of the weekend.
To back this up. Amazingly the last five head to heads between Wigan and Fulham here in the league have ended in draws, with one other win to Wigan, and all have gone under 2.5 goals. In addition five out of the last six head to heads in Fulham have ended under 2.5 goals.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 I would like to know the greatly widespread betting method adapted by the users of this forum... We in Italy usually choose 4 teams as a base from stakes ranging between 1.50 - 2.00 plus ad three double chances. Example: Team A to win @ 1.80 Team B to win @ 1.55 Team C to win @ 2.00 Team D to win @ 1.75 Malaga - Milan Home to win or Draw @ 3.00 & 3.35 Manchester - Liverpool Home to win or Draw @ 1.75 & 3.00 Huddersfield - Bolton Bolton or Huddersfiel @ 2.00 € 2.30 At the end there will be 8 possible total combinations. By betting for instance 5£ per ticket, you will spend 40£. There will only be one winning combination. The amount you will win is variable according to the different outcomes of the games below. Obviously this method does not permit any sort of mistake. Balance on Punter's Lounge Picks 3 Wins 2 Loses 0

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 What do people think of Villa away to Sunderland outright or with a handicap? Neither team has any grave injury concerns and I can see a defensive yet counter-attacking Villa causing problems for the opposition who don't create too many chances and look quite blunt going forward. Relying on the inconsistent Bedntner and an unpredictable Sessegnon against what is usually a strong and dogged Villa back line concerns me. Though Sunderland won last time out it was against the second poorest team in the league at the moment; Bolton. Villa lost in controversial circumstances to WBA 2-1 having led 1-0. I would be inclined for Villa DNB or +0.5 AH

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Manchester City Vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers Selection: Manchester City - 1.75 @ 1.69 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 Well I don't think there is a lot I can add to this pick that hasn't already been stated in this forum (read Atko's post). Manchester City are on an amazing run of form winning their last 5 games. 4 out 5 of these games have seen Man City win by a 3+ goal margin so they certainly have been banging in the goals. Wolves conversely are a bad run being 0-4-1 in their last 5 games. A section of the Wolves faithful are getting onto Mick McCarthy's back as the team hasn't been performing well on the pitch. Obviously these two teams played on Wednesday in the Carling Cup with City triumphing 5-2. Wolves did rest a few players but city rotated their whole team! It's really hard to see anything thing other than a comfortable City victory here. Obviously the bookmakers are pricing this game as such so there may no be a whole lot of value in this game. I think city are a pretty safe back to win by at least a couple of goals though. It is for this reason that I have taken a less risky line that will give some reward for a 2 goal margin win and not just return your stakes. Man City will certainly have a lot of money riding on them this Saturday and I am coming along for the ride, good luck :hope

To back this up. Amazingly the last five head to heads between Wigan and Fulham here in the league have ended in draws, with one other win to Wigan, and all have gone under 2.5 goals. In addition five out of the last six head to heads in Fulham have ended under 2.5 goals.
Your not the only one baffled by the Fulham price in this game. I'd actually have Wigan priced up as slight favourites in this game, I also think there's a high tendency for a draw in this game. All things being considered then a Lay of Fulham or taking Wigan (+0.5) looks like a cracking bet. Fulham's away record is rather poor, especially when it comes to taking all three points, they have won only three away Premier League game over the course of the past two years. Whilst there's no doubting Wigan are on a poor run right now, there was enough positive signs in their last game away at Newcastle to suggest that they are capable of getting at least a draw out of this game. A win would in fact take them above Fulham in the league.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 My money's on Liverpool at evens on bet365, Liverpool made 8 changes for their game midweek game against Stoke so will have fresh legs for this one. Liverpool havnt started greatly this season and it's only a matter of time until they start putting their chances away :D;);) going goal crazy. With Suarez being unplayable at the minute west brom are hardly the team to stop him, good luck all

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Not too much as been said about Chelsea vs Arsenal, where i expect a high scoring game. Boas loves to play attacking football and given Arsenal's form recently they will feel they also need to attack to play at their best. Over 2.5 has drifted abit, but is still avaliable at 7/10, with Over 3.5 at 7/4. Other than that I feel the odds are about right, 1X2 4/6 3/1 5/1

Stoke to beat Newcastle @ 2.25 Newcastle have had an excellent season so far, sitting unbeaten in 4th, however I think this will come to an end on Monday night. Stole have traditionally been strong at home and have a ground which is considered one of those difficult to play at. Stoke have drawn this season at home to Man U, beat Liverpool and drew with Spurs, albeit with each team having weaker selections. Newcastle will find this game a step too far for their unbeaten run.
Agree with all of this, plus Stoke tonked Newcastle in this fixture last season. I'd also add that Newcastle's midfield enforcer apparently has a knee injury (though Newcastle are hopeful he'll play) and Steve Taylor is definitely out. Taylor's played really well tis season and I expect he'll be missed. There seems to be great spirit in the Newcastle squad at present which needs to be respected but I can't help but feel their great run will come to an end here. I also don't think the forthcoming Europa fixture will feature too much in Pulis' thinking either. Stoke win: 6/5 with Ladbrokes.

Your not the only one baffled by the Fulham price in this game. I'd actually have Wigan priced up as slight favourites in this game' date=' I also think there's a high tendency for a draw in this game. All things being considered then a Lay of Fulham or taking Wigan (+0.5) looks like a cracking bet. Fulham's away record is rather poor, especially when it comes to taking all three points, they have won only three away Premier League game over the course of the past two years. Whilst there's no doubting Wigan are on a poor run right now, there was enough positive signs in their last game away at Newcastle to suggest that they are capable of getting at least a draw out of this game. A win would in fact take them above Fulham in the league.[/quote'] +1 more... Wigan DNB (2.20 @ Lads) does look a bit strange tbh. Tough to see Wigan conceeding more than 1 (if any at all), and they have scored in all so far at home...with Fulham conceeding 2 goals in 3 of their 4 road games...none of which have been against particularly high scoring teams. Stoke to keep a Clean Sheet (2.58 @ SportsBet) The only goal Stoke have given up at home (4 games) was to Man U, and although NC have scored in 3 of 4 away, they struggled to create chances at home last week, and didn't score for 90 mins midweek. Really good price I reckon.

Anyone else think that my lot' date=' spurs are abit short. In the last 2 games against Newcastle and Blackburn we certainly werent at our best. Plus if our central defenders our Kaboul and Bassong i would be surprised if we keep a clean sheet :lol[/quote'] Nah I dont think Spurs are underpriced at all. Maybe too short to bet with a single (although -1.5 looks tempting) but they are a far superior side than QPR. Won 5 of last 6 in the league (the one they didn't win when they looked fatigued at end and conceded late equaliser to Newcastle). QPR are very overrated in 10th position; lucky to beat both Everton and Chelsea in my opinion. They lack a goalscorer, Taarabt's not shone and they're only good attacking threat on paper in this one looks like SWP.

+1 more... Wigan DNB (2.20 @ Lads) does look a bit strange tbh. Tough to see Wigan conceeding more than 1 (if any at all), and they have scored in all so far at home...with Fulham conceeding 2 goals in 3 of their 4 road games...none of which have been against particularly high scoring teams. Stoke to keep a Clean Sheet (2.58 @ SportsBet) The only goal Stoke have given up at home (4 games) was to Man U, and although NC have scored in 3 of 4 away, they struggled to create chances at home last week, and didn't score for 90 mins midweek. Really good price I reckon.
I like the Wigan bet :ok Fulham look woeful home and away of late (but for the freak result v QPR).

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Does anybody know what price Wigan to keep a clean sheet is please? I thought they did a lot better defensively at Newcastle than i had seen in previous matches and i think they played well at Newcastle. Also Fulham have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 away matches, Wisla Krakow, Stoke, West Brom and Chelsea!! Think Wigan to keep a clean sheet might be a nice bet!

5/2 on Wigan to keep a clean sheet?? Ohh that looks tempting.. More tempting than backing Wigan to win as you get the 0-0 thrown in ... I think i will be having a bit of that! Thanks Jase!

5/2 on Wigan to keep a clean sheet?? Ohh that looks tempting.. More tempting than backing Wigan to win as you get the 0-0 thrown in ... I think i will be having a bit of that! Thanks Jase!
Looking at the stats on this, Fulham have only scored one goal this season in four away league games. They scored at Newcastle, but failed to score at Wolves, West Brom and Stoke. Wigan have only kept one clean sheet in their 4 home games (against QPR). They conceded goals against Norwich, Spurs and Bolton. Limited value on these stats after only 4 games, but 5/2 for Wigan to keep a clean sheet looks tempting to me. http://www.soccerway.com/teams/england/wigan-athletic-football-club/

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Fulham favorites away from home...............Say again ! A lot has been said about this game because of the surprise price put on our head. It was 2.40 last time I looked, but now its drifted to 2.50 which is no surprise. I am baffled why we are going into this game favorites to. A lot has been discussed on here so I feel that I can wrap it up for everyone from a Fulham perspective. Firstly apologies for not posting last week on the Everton game. Would have tipped a home win but if it wasn't for BZ missing that sitter we should have got all 3 points. But the game turned on its head and Saha came back to haunt us once again. All I can say is that the international break has really hurt us. We put in so much hard work to get that prolonged first win for all it to be broken up with the break. Coming back against Stoke away was always an invertible result. We held them out defensively and it was a bit of stoke buls*$t that got them across the line. To be fair we were poor going forward and it was a deserved home win but the way Stoke go about getting it with a pinball goal to open the scoring just annoys me. Secondly the name Delap annoys me to. Moving on to Everton we were slow out the trap and then the rest of the game was ours. We pressured and finally got the equalizer through some magic by Ruiz, to be undone in the space of 3 minutes by BZ missing and Everton taking creditable initiative. so WIGAN away. Every Fulham fan in the Country wants nothing less than 3 points here and I am sure every Wigan fan is thinking Fulham at home 3 points and everyone else is thinking boring...... last on match of the day :lol. The odds are stupid . Being so poor away from home you would never put us favorites, but they are there for a reason. On paper our team should walk all over Wigan. We have quality all over the park and still have players in my eyes that I am surprised haven't moved on to bigger and better things. Thankyou Dempsey and Thankyou Hangeland for sticking around. The DW is big, wide pitch that a passing team like Fulham should be able to open them up on. Bookmakers usually get it right and there are always reasons why odds are what they are. United's odds were high on the weekend and i saw that everyone believed that they were a gift. We all know what the result of that game was and that is why United's odds were so high. I had city at 3.75 ;) . But the big question is can Fulham prove their odds of 2.40 away from home. I think this time around we can. Wigan are no Stoke. We should be able to physically boss this game as well as technically to. I will be very surprised and annoyed if we cant score up there and for those backing a wigan clean sheet i wish you luck. Jol is going to need a reaction from the players. He has a had week off with no Europa and should be getting them fired up for the trip to the DW. I remember last season we were favorites to beat Sunderland away from home at odds of around 2.50. Everyone was again shouting Fulham away from home ?????????????. We won 3-0. We also traveled to Odense and were Favorites at 2.40 and won 2-0. Similar against Wisla Krakow we were Favorites and were looking good for a comfortable win until Dembele got sent off in a ridiculous red card. So recent history of us being favorites around this price we have backed it up. If we cant beat teams like Wigan away from home who are an established bottom 5 premier league side now we're going to be in for more monotonous season with a lot of huff and puff. However I do believe this season will be tough and got a feeling I am going to be writing many posts like this where Fulham will be playing dr jekyll and mr hyde. On our day Fulham can beat anyone. This is why its so annoying in the league when we can sometimes be so unpredictable and its the case of which Fulham will turn up. I am going to stick my neck out a bit here hoping Fulham can put there dancing shoes on and prove that Wigan are good value for their league position. Will stick with the bookies trend of us being recent favs away from home at around this price. Away at Sunderland won 0-3 Away at Odense won 0-2 Away at Wisla lost 1-0 (Red card after 30 mins) Fulham @ 2.50 Fulham -1,1.5 AH @ 4.10 b365. Dont tend to bet at odds this big but I want to see what Fulham have got in the locker. Even worse we are away from home which is always an unknown, but this is a game we are very cappable of winning and winning well. Tactically even I know how to win this one. We should have to much for them, that is if we turn up :@/:rollin. Cant say I know to much about Wigan but from what I have read they are poor at home with only one win against QPR, are always scrapping for their lives and there is a reason why they are bottom. I feel this game will set the tone for the rest of our season. Really looking forward to this one. Lastly for those who want a shorter price bet. Our odds represent we are looking to win this game so I think the Wigan penalty area will be busy. 1.61 on Over 4.5 Fulham corners is solid. I think I will backing this with a larger stake and small intrest on the Fulham win. Good Luck COYW FTID:hope

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Man City to win both halves 11/10 PP Once Man city take the lead the tend to get a few. As long as they go ahead in the first half I can see this being fairly comfortable - This season, Wolves have conceeded 10 first half goals, scoring just 3. It's also worth noting that they've conceeded in the first 25 mins of their last 5 prem games. Another bet worth considering is City to win to nil (evens at Ladbrokes) - They've won 3 out of their 4 home league games to nil and Wolves have failed to score in 2 of their 4 away games this season; against Villa and West Brom defences that aren't nearly as unforgiving as the city backline. I also have to agree with whoever suggested Wigan DNB - that's something I'll definitely be getting on. Good luck for the weekend everyone!