** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 24-30 October

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October

Unfortunately' date=' the froghead did choose to play like a frog today again. About 350 unforced errors tells it all. I think the best thing for the women's tennis would be if she retires.[/quote'] haha mate i was thinking the same fkn useless she is, she had her chances but couldnt pounce awful display but for tommorows final i hope kvitova destroys azarenka lol

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Tipsarevic vs Cilic - Tipsarevic to win with YouWin @ 3/5 - 4 Points Not a hope here for Cilic. Lets be real here, he might lead the head to head against Tipsarevic but Tipsarevic is in 2 leagues above Cilic's right at this minute, he's a transformed player to the one whom lost to the Croatian all those times back in the mid 00's ... besides, Tipsy won their last meeting pretty comprehensively and I see a quite similar outcome here. Cilic has been a little bit more consistent with his tennis this year, never-the-less he still lacks the composure of a top 10 player ... his movement is very suspect, anything to that he has to stretch or improvise for will 3 to 4 times out of 10 be almost certainly dumped into the net. Cilic also has a tendancy to shank a lot of balls out, especially when returning serve, again this goes back to movement, I don't know whether its his size or what, but he really is quite immobile on court @ times. Tipsarevic on the other hand is quite the opposite, very mobile and yet still manages to provide power and accuracy in his strokes, he is also more and more consistent and isn't as prone to giving away so-many free points, unlike his opponent here. Tipsarevic's strength is his ability to move a player from side to side, very intelligent as not only a person but also as a tennis player. He is well motivated, knows he can possibly sneak into the end of year championships ahead of Tsonga if all goes to plan and well. Tipsarevic vs Cilic - Tipsarevic to win (-2.5) games handicap with Bodog @ 19/20- 3.5 Points Well, if you are backing Tipsy to win then why not back this? I mean come on? A tie break and a break of serve will do it? Even if Cilic manages a set, Tipsy should definitely have enough in the locker to produce a double break in one of the two sets he wins....

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Was a shame Brands took a few games to warm up at the start on the match. When I tuned back in at 6-5 the commentator said he was the better player and controlling the game. I had visions of him winning that tie break!! Nice result I think for all of us.:cheers Don't see anything that I like today, had a nice week so will take a day off.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Minimal profit yesterday. Wasn't going to take anything today but getting involved in both finals. Can't believe I'm actually going to say what I am about Cilic, and it involves money :loon Marin Cilic to beat Janko Tipsarevic- 13/8 Bet365- (2/10) Can't actually remember the last time I won a bet involving a Cilic match so what I'm thinking here I really don't know. However, he seems to have been getting better and better in every match he has played this week. Youhzny should have really took him to 3 sets yesterday but Cilic managed to claw his way back into it, and his serve looked pretty handy. None of the usual double fault rubbish, that's when you really know how in form the Croatian is. There was a bit of talk about Tipsarevic having a bit of an injury niggle before yesterdays match. Not sure how reliable that injury is, perhaps not at all as he creamed Bogomolov yesterday, but this will be a much closer match. The H2H is 5-1 in favour of Cilic, with his only loss coming earlier this year, albeit narrowly. Janko is on a really good run, winning his last 8 matches now indoors, but arguably this will be his biggest test today if Cilic shows up and is on song. Odds should be a little more even I think, so the price is good enough for me to bite on Cilic here. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Juan Martin Del Porto- Over 23.5 games- 19/20 Sportingbet- (3/10) Expect this to be a really classy affair. Neither have been at their absolute best this week but against it eachother in a final, it might just cause them to up their games and make this a really good match. We've seen in the past when these guys meet, that they can produce some really pleasing tennis on the eye, with all 3 meetings going over this line set here. Tsonga is still striving for the end of year championships at the o2, whilst Del Porto will still want to prove himself again against the top players in the game. Just don't see either player running away with this, a couple of really tight sets will do it, but this could easily go the distance.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Juan Martin Del Porto- Over 23.5 games- 19/20 Sportingbet- (3/10) Expect this to be a really classy affair. Neither have been at their absolute best this week but against it eachother in a final, it might just cause them to up their games and make this a really good match. We've seen in the past when these guys meet, that they can produce some really pleasing tennis on the eye, with all 3 meetings going over this line set here. Tsonga is still striving for the end of year championships at the o2, whilst Del Porto will still want to prove himself again against the top players in the game. Just don't see either player running away with this, a couple of really tight sets will do it, but this could easily go the distance.
How did you get 23.5 and I got 22.5? Same odds as well... :lol

- Tsonga vs Del Potro - Over 22.5 games with Bodog @ 19/20 - 3.5 Points Quite simple really, both extremely talented players whom each possess stunning serves and forehands to back them up. Both players also are very good at the clutch, absolutely amazing in pressured situations and both players for the most part don't particularly possess that great in defensive qualities. (Not in the Nadal, Djokovic and Murray categorie anyway) This is also an INDOOR hard surface and that for me cements atleast one tie break in the match, with both player's in relatively good form and considering that it's quite hard to separate them in terms of quality, I would say the least likely possibility is 7-6, 6-4 to one player and yet that would still cover the market with 23 games. Three sets would ofcourse cement the market being met. Moderate stakes here.
WON. :clap
Tipsarevic vs Cilic - Tipsarevic to win with YouWin @ 3/5 - 4 Points Not a hope here for Cilic. Lets be real here, he might lead the head to head against Tipsarevic but Tipsarevic is in 2 leagues above Cilic's right at this minute, he's a transformed player to the one whom lost to the Croatian all those times back in the mid 00's ... besides, Tipsy won their last meeting pretty comprehensively and I see a quite similar outcome here. Cilic has been a little bit more consistent with his tennis this year, never-the-less he still lacks the composure of a top 10 player ... his movement is very suspect, anything to that he has to stretch or improvise for will 3 to 4 times out of 10 be almost certainly dumped into the net. Cilic also has a tendancy to shank a lot of balls out, especially when returning serve, again this goes back to movement, I don't know whether its his size or what, but he really is quite immobile on court @ times. Tipsarevic on the other hand is quite the opposite, very mobile and yet still manages to provide power and accuracy in his strokes, he is also more and more consistent and isn't as prone to giving away so-many free points, unlike his opponent here. Tipsarevic's strength is his ability to move a player from side to side, very intelligent as not only a person but also as a tennis player. He is well motivated, knows he can possibly sneak into the end of year championships ahead of Tsonga if all goes to plan and well. Tipsarevic vs Cilic - Tipsarevic to win (-2.5) games handicap with Bodog @ 19/20- 3.5 Points Well, if you are backing Tipsy to win then why not back this? I mean come on? A tie break and a break of serve will do it? Even if Cilic manages a set, Tipsy should definitely have enough in the locker to produce a double break in one of the two sets he wins....
LOSSES. :eyes

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October @ ImLovinIt I was wondering when SayYesMoreInLife would rear his/her/its ugly head again. Taken a few months right enough, but yep, you're back. Not for long. Cheerio :ok PS: Hope that 'cut hand' of yours is getting better.

@ ImLovinIt I was wondering when SayYesMoreInLife would rear his/her/its ugly head again. Taken a few months right enough, but yep, you're back. Not for long. Cheerio :ok PS: Hope that 'cut hand' of yours is getting better.
Was that him??? :lol

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Invitably you are going to ban me again Atko, after you do, I would just ask if you could explain clearly why I am not being given another chance? I came in all unnoticed, I was non-confrontational and was integrating right in with the thread. I don't understand why the harsh attitude towards me? BTW, its Ronaq Tom... get on MSN.

Aye' date=' it was him. Couldn't keep away.[/quote'] I didn't rejoin to be a menace, I don't understand why you hold this vendetta up against me mate? Why can't another member of society share and debate their tennis views with others on the World's most insightful betting forum? I was an idiot last time and I admitted to that.

I didn't rejoin to be a menace, I don't understand why you hold this vendetta up against me mate? Why can't another member of society share and debate their tennis views with others on the World most insightful betting forum? I was an idiot last time and I admitted to that.
Invitably you are going to ban me again Atko, after you do, I would just ask if you could explain clearly why I am not being given another chance? I came in all unnoticed, I was non-confrontational and was integrating right in with the thread. I don't understand why the harsh attitude towards me? BTW, its Ronaq Tom... get on MSN.
Ronaq, it's not actually my call whether you can come back in or not. I'd advise you to speak to Paul Ross about it rather than me. There is no vendetta on my part - it is common policy to ban new users who have already been axed. You certainly irked a fair number of people here before and your dialogue after that ban was ungentlemanly to say the least, so that goes against you. But, at the same time, I am of the opinion that people deserve a second chance. Please contact him and we'll take it from there.

Ronaq' date=' it's not actually my call whether you can come back in or not. I'd advise you to speak to Paul Ross about it rather than me. You certainly irked a fair number of people here before so that goes against you but at the same time, I am of the opinion that people deserve a second chance. Please contact him and we'll take it from there.[/quote'] He ignored every email I sent. You were the turning factor in his decision and my future on this site as far as he is concerned is cemented. You are the only person who would be able to give him the confidence in giving me that second chance.

He ignored every email I sent. You were the turning factor in his decision and my future on this site as far as he is concerned is cemented. You are the only person who would be able to give him the confidence in giving me that second chance.
Ronaq, I have raised the issue and I will speak to Paul about it. In the meantime, I would ask you to refrain from posting until I get a response (you can, of course, answer this post). As soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Congrats to Petra. I was backing Vika prematch, but laid huge amount on Petra LIVE after she managed to win the 1st set. I personally do not like Petra, because she has let me down too often this year, but hatred is a luxury a punter cannot afford. BTW, what has SayYesMoreInLife done to earn this harsh attitude from forum's bosses? I can remember his selections were often very valuable.