** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 24-30 October

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October

Obviously bartoli was fighting for it. If Bartoli wins the first set' date=' the match 100% ends in straight sets.[/quote'] Of course she was fighting. At least one of them was :lol The thing is that Azarenka owns Bartoli big time and has the ability to win every match in straight sets against her. She has beaten her 2-0 five times, it was 2-1 on another occasion and two other matches were retirements. Now, Azarenka had won her previous two matches 6-2, 6-2 against quality opponents and now suddenly can't play near as good against player she owns? Bottom line is that Azarenka did not have to win this match to stay in the tournament, so made the most of the opportunity to make some money. Good thing Kvitova has not gone there yet.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes' date=' she does. She loves it, actually, puts up massive tweets most days. She's quite a chatty wee thing.[/quote'] Give me the bitches tweet please, I would like her reimburse me with the 72 pounds I just blew on her insincere tennis malarkey.

Give me the bitches tweet please' date=' I would like her reimburse me with the 72 pounds I just blew on her insincere tennis malarkey.[/quote'] I don't think she'll accommodate your request, but I suppose, it's always worth a cheeky tweet asking. You never know, she may have some spare change from the £124467,7668899,88 she won when she backed Bartoli before the match started. Edit: I do sympathise, it's incredibly frustrating when a player downs tools. That's all she did though.

Give me the bitches tweet please' date=' I would like her reimburse me with the 72 pounds I just blew on her insincere tennis malarkey.[/quote'] she could not give a fly f*** about your £72 listen mate stuff like this happens i think we all need to move on, i personally had her on a handicap iv lost i was angry but im alright now because things like this happen its about getting over it and moving on, once you place that bet you should of it like that money has gone and if u win the bet its a bonus i personally think by azarenka losing that match just shows shes not mentally good enough to win a grandslam its all about grinding out a result, most of the tennis world would have watched that and thought WTF is she doing, shes a twat but we move on now

Regarding ppl like Azarenka' date=' interesting reading [url']http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis/1.2596065/41-tennisnamn-pa-den-svarta-listan Unfortunately in Swedish but there are a few ways to get it translated in English. Shocked that Dolgpolov has not been included in that list. Only a matter of time, I guess.
You and I don't often see eye to eye on the whole question of match-fixing, but I'm with you on this one. He's been doing some crazy things recently ...

I don't think she'll accommodate your request, but I suppose, it's always worth a cheeky tweet asking. You never know, she may have some spare change from the £124467,7668899,88 she won when she backed Bartoli before the match started. Edit: I do sympathise, it's incredibly frustrating when a player downs tools. That's all she did though.
I'll look back at this post in a week's time and see the humor in it but right now I am infuriated, I'd just smashed my glass wardrobe's mirror and there was blood streaming all the way down my hand. :wall

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I'm only an observer in the tennis threads, but I gotta say ... why do the same punters keep backing the players they've previously accused of being fixers before moaning about it when they lose? We all have our players we think are a bit shifty in that sense, so why bet on them?

More from Vika after the match..... "Today was practice. Wasn't playing against Marion Bartoli. Was just trying to do my thing." ok, on to tomorrows SFs...
. Guess I'll start. My book doesn't have the odds up yet but I'll fancy Kvitova in some form over Stosur. She's still undefeated and riding a lengthy winning streak on this surface and I like that she was able to get off after 2 sets in her match today. She didn't have to win it but she still fought hard to defy Aga a SF birth. Zvonareva owes Kvitova dinner I reckon

Regarding ppl like Azarenka' date=' interesting reading [url']http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis/1.2596065/41-tennisnamn-pa-den-svarta-listan Unfortunately in Swedish but there are a few ways to get it translated in English. Shocked that Dolgpolov has not been included in that list. Only a matter of time, I guess.
quality post PHYSCO shocked at some of the names there alot of seem to be eastern europeans

I'll look back at this post in a week's time and see the humor in it but right now I am infuriated' date=' I'd just smashed my glass wardrobe's mirror and there was blood streaming all the way down my hand. :wall[/quote'] Then I suggest two things, with total sincerity. Stop betting, and go to a hospital.

I'm only an observer in the tennis threads, but I gotta say ... why do the same punters keep backing the players they've previously accused of being fixers before moaning about it when they lose? We all have our players we think are a bit shifty in that sense, so why bet on them?
I never back chokers or people I feel may be potential fixers ... I have a list of these players, ... BUT NOW, you know, I guess I'll need to manifest a list of females with tetchy hormones and severe impatience.

What do you mean by when a player downs tools BTW Atko?
Stops trying. Gives up. Takes the huff at something. Tanks. Tennis players are humans, they have emotions, especially the lassies. They may wake up one day and decide that it's not for them. That's the dangerous element of betting on this sport. Yes, there are fixers, who do it because someone threatens to chop off their husband's balls if they don't lose, but it is, by in large, uncommon and tends to happen in smaller events. What we've had here is stroppy Belorussian kid whose taken offence to something and fannied about. It happens. Have a read of a book called 'The Fix' which gives a good insight into the whole shebang, by a journalist called Declan Hill.

Cheers for this. Why is Radwanska on this? She's been great. I'm loving it, brush off the loss.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October It was a funny match to be fair............:lol Azarenka wanted to win, but when she suddenly realised that Bartoli wasnt going away, she stopped really going for it, tanked basically. And she was still winning games. What was so appealing about the Azarenka price anyway? It was a crap price considering she was already into the semi's.

It was a funny match to be fair............:lol Azarenka wanted to win, but when she suddenly realised that Bartoli wasnt going away, she stopped really going for it, tanked basically. And she was still winning games. What was so appealing about the Azarenka price anyway? It was a crap price considering she was already into the semi's.
Speaking of fixers, where's your blacklist gone? :lol

It was a funny match to be fair............:lol Azarenka wanted to win, but when she suddenly realised that Bartoli wasnt going away, she stopped really going for it, tanked basically. And she was still winning games. What was so appealing about the Azarenka price anyway? It was a crap price considering she was already into the semi's.
NOTHING was appealing about it, I took it as part of 2 accumulators, one five fold and one seven fold, I had her remaining on both of them to complete the win and she intentionally lost. I took her in play @ bet 365 when down 4-1 .. if she could not be bothered ... why try @ 4-1? why not tank the match from there ... instead she did a little tease and tanked it after she got everyone's hopes riding. If the bookies have any sort of remorse they would reimburse every lost bet on that match, because it quite clearly wasn't a match after 3-3 in the second.

I remember to have read that the ATP officially denied the existence of that list and that those names were just speculations. I'll try to track down the source. None of those have been convicted, otherwise they would not eb allowed on the tour and I feel that the term "blacklist" is misleading. Let's not accuse player for losing on purpose just because they didn't feel it that day. Atko put it very well, it happens. God knows, I have lost a lot in my life in general where I am sure, I should have been on the winning side of things. I don't care much actually about the fixing issue and have lost a lot of money on strange matches but in truth, I have also won tremendously on matches where a hunch just persuaded me that something might be up. Tonight was one of those nights and Azarenka played me a pretty penny into my pocket... if you can call that playing. Overall, I did well on shaky favorites today with Tsonga's and Kvitova's slow starts. Tomorrow is football day (go ManU) but I might do something with Youzhny as Cilic looked shaky today.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October It's infuriating when it happens to you, but surely tennis betters end up on the other side a good number of times aswell, I sure have. You can get your money back tomorrow, must be more opportunities there in matches that actually matter to the players, less chance of tanks like from Azarenka and Li today, although still a small chance I guess.......:lol

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Its £75 and you get worked up about it? If you get worked up over peanuts you got no chance for the long run, forget it and move on. Anyway...... Brands + 5.5 10/10 Been waiting for the line and been hammering it where ever I can. Got average of 1.72 and snapping it up everywhere. Brands been a monster this week, hes almost unbreakable and could even win the game. Play speaks for itself. This is a 10/10 for me.

Its £75 and you get worked up about it? If you get worked up over peanuts you got no chance for the long run, forget it and move on. Anyway...... Brands + 5.5 10/10 Been waiting for the line and been hammering it where ever I can. Got average of 1.72 and snapping it up everywhere. Brands been a monster this week, hes almost unbreakable and could even win the game. Play speaks for itself. This is a 10/10 for me.
Where have you taken that price mate? With Bet365 it is 1.61