** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 24-30 October

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Have to agree with ImLovinIt. If this ain't match fixing then what is? Total disgrace from Azarenka. The bizarre thing is that she even ignored her coach signalling to make some effort. Not chasing easy balls and the body language tells the story. Besides, Vika has got the history of this, so not the first time, she knows what she's doing alright. Throwing it away from a set and break up makes it look even worse.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October

This is why I stick to doubles, trebles most of the time. Gotta keep that blood pressure down. Luckily today went full stake on Kvitova 2-0 after becoming frustrated with Starace handicap not coming in. Could of trebled my whole bankroll if Starace decided not to roll down a hill to defeat.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Dude, i used my tennis intellect and knowledge and made several very good predictions, I predicted Azerenka would be better than Bartoli and she has been but how could anyone predict Azerenka disgracing the sport like this and not wanting to play because of a bit of time between points?

Have to agree with ImLovinIt. If this ain't match fixing then what is? Total disgrace from Azarenka. The bizarre thing is that she even ignored her coach signalling to make some effort. Not chasing easy balls and the body language tells the story. Besides' date=' Vika has got the history of this, so not the first time, she knows what she's doing alright. Throwing it away from a set and break up makes it look even worse.[/quote'] :( Really wish you had posted your knowledge of this, I had no idea about there being history of this in the past.

:( Really wish you had posted your knowledge of this' date=' I had no idea about there being history of this in the past.[/quote'] If two snails were having a race and the one that Psycho was betting on was losing, he'd claim it was a fix. There's no surprise that he's slating Aza for being a fixer.

If two snails were having a race and the one that Psycho was betting on was losing' date=' he'd claim it was a fix. There's no surprise that he's slating Aza for being a fixer.[/quote'] Of course she is but it depends. She was impressive in the previous two matches because there was a proper motivation. This match was meaningless, so she could afford to lose it on purpose and make some extra cash (definitely more than 115'000 or whatever was there for a winner). If this was a knockout match, she would have beaten Bartoli easily like she has done 7 times before. Why not today? Because she did not have to win, she was already in the semifinals. Simple as that. It was no brainer to back her to crush Stosur, today there had to be doubts and the beginning of the match when she dropped opening 4 games was a good indication what she's up to. As far as Azarenka is concerned, the silly thing for her is that she will have less time to recover for the semifinal. Zvonareva will have a very good chance, crowd definitely will be behind her after today's shameful performance.

Can someone help me is there anything I can do in this case? Can I convince PP of anything?
Convince Paddy Power of what? That Azarenka was fixing? Mate, chill out. She's a woman. She's hormonal. I've seen her in the flesh and she's a moany so-and-so. I think it's far, far more likely she spat the dummy rather than fixed a match at the end of year finals ...

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Tennis is a game of fine lines, if a player lacks the motivation to put it all on the line they are liekly to lose. Never over extend on such players, its an improtant learnign curve.

If two snails were having a race and the one that Psycho was betting on was losing' date=' he'd claim it was a fix. There's no surprise that he's slating Aza for being a fixer.[/quote'] Coem on, if Psycho tipped in a two horse race his pick is doomed before the off! :) Hope your form turns pyscho.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October disgracfeul of azarenka she let me down but was not suprised all i am going to say is once you put that bet on you have to be open to anything happenings its the risk you take tommorows another day though, hopefully we get some winners tommorow

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I'll say this. Psycho (certainly a quality tennis capper I have enjoyed tailing many times) and other punters here often does point the finger at a loser questioning the players intentions and/or saying fix...and wta tennis is definitely a betting market that has a lot of volatility. But if you watched this match, you could tell early 3rd set that Azarenka had no interest being on the court. And you can't blame her, she has a SF match tomorrow vs a rested zvonareva and she's here running around for 3 sets where all that is really in the balance is prize money. I believe the commentators on the US tennis channel even made a comment about it as she did look annoyed...and again I don't blame her. It's the one flaw of this round robin format. If i had in-play betting I would've certainly played Bartoli but unfortunately not available in american bookies outside of grand-slams. I'm not saying she fixed it, hell no, but she wanted to conserve energy for tomorrow and wasn't giving it her all.

Can someone help me is there anything I can do in this case? Can I convince PP of anything?
are you being serious here or you having a laugh i hope its having a laugh, things like this happen in sport, just get over it

I'm not saying she fixed it' date=' hell no, but she wanted to conserve energy for tomorrow and wasn't giving it her all.[/quote'] Conserve energy? Then why not win in straight sets?!? She was 7-5, 2-0 up. Go, finish the job against a player you've beaten seven times! Btw, last of those matches was not so long ago in Tokyo. 7-5, 6-0 for Azarenka. There you go.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I was on Bartoli before the match, simply for the reasons you're complaining about. It goes both ways mate, and that's the sickening/beautiful thing about tennis and betting opportunites at this time of year. Matches like this come up and you think, umm, will Azarenka give a rats? Turns out she didn't. Feel for you though mate, that sort of thing has happened to me twice. It's horrible, and as one of guys above said, one of the reasons those initially care-free accumulators can be kick you in the balls when it all becomes serious.

Convince Paddy Power of what? That Azarenka was fixing? Mate' date=' chill out. She's a woman. She's hormonal. I've seen her in the flesh and she's a moany so-and-so. I think it's far, far more likely she spat the dummy rather than fixed a match at the end of year finals ...[/quote'] She is practically THROWING a match Atko, can't you see? There is an obligation to do her duty as a tennis professional. I backed her based on her tennis ability and composure under pressure, I also called the Bartoli double faults and nervy service games. You are betting on who will win a particular tennis match between player's A and B ... if player A is letting serves go past her midway through a match how is that true to what you bet on? Sorry, but, if they had any resource whatsoever they would compensate me.

Conserve energy? Then why not win in straight sets?!? She was 7-5' date=' 2-0 up. Go, finish the job against a player you've beaten seven times! Btw, last of those matches was not so long ago in Tokyo. 7-5, 6-0 for Azarenka. There you go.[/quote'] Obviously bartoli was fighting for it. If Bartoli wins the first set, the match 100% ends in straight sets.

Sports Illustrated Tennis Columnist in Turkey who was among media just tweeted the following Azarenka says she wasn't suffering from low energy. Said she wanted to get off the court as quick as possible to prepare for tomorrow.
The above says it all really... anyway match is over no point in going back and forth here about it, rather than reviewing the matches on tomorrow's slate.

Sports Illustrated Tennis Columnist in Turkey who was among media just tweeted the following Azarenka says she wasn't suffering from low energy. Said she wanted to get off the court as quick as possible to prepare for tomorrow.
How can you make accumulators, watch those matches take place, win on those matches and then have to endure 3 hours of that? 1 hour of which she just could not be bothered. Does Azerenka have twitter?

She is practically THROWING a match Atko, can't you see? There is an obligation to do her duty as a tennis professional. I backed her based on her tennis ability and composure under pressure, I also called the Bartoli double faults and nervy service games. You are betting on who will win a particular tennis match between player's A and B ... if player A is letting serves go past her midway through a match how is that true to what you bet on? Sorry, but, if they had any resource whatsoever they would compensate me.
It's all part of the game mate. That's how it goes. For your accy loss, there will be someone out there who parked a big one on Bartoli because they forsaw the fact that she'd down tools the moment it got competitive. Tennis is so much more than just ability. You need to analyse the dynamics of each match, what's at stake for each player. I feel for you, but I'm not going to buy the fixed stuff. She's a lassie, and they tend to have these moments on court every once in a while.

How can you make accumulators' date=' watch those matches take place, win on those matches and then have to endure 3 hours of that? 1 hour of which she just could not be bothered. Does Azerenka have twitter?[/quote'] Yes, she does. She loves it, actually, puts up massive tweets most days. She's quite a chatty wee thing.

Obviously bartoli was fighting for it. If Bartoli wins the first set' date=' the match 100% ends in straight sets.[/quote'] I don't understand though she was 3-3 in the second set, serving first with Bartoli spraying double faults all over the place, she only had to ENDURE ONE MORE SERVICE GAME FROM HER after potentially holding. 4-3 becomes 5-3 and she is serving and ready to prepare for her precious match against Zvonareva... They need to fix the round robin format and they need to fix it fast .. I was costed over 200 pounds in winnings and for that and yes 200 .. I also placed a relatively large bet on bet 365.