Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - 24-30 October

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I'll start the week with this bet ... - Andreas Haider-Maurer +4 games AH (v Kevin Anderson in Vienna) @ 1.893 with Pinnacle (3pts) Haider-Maurer has not had the best of times recently, with a mixture of poor form and injury, but I expect him to be in a lot better shape for this tournament in Vienna. The Austrian made his first ever ATP Tour final here last year and has a lot of ranking points to defend. Currently lying in the mid-70s, he needs to make some tangible progress in the Austrian capital if he is to stay in the top 100. His run last year to the final and the odd flashes of form this year has showed a very aggressive player, who on his day can hit winners and dominate on serve. Indoor conditions suit his game, with the quicker surface giving him a good chance of finding winners. Against good defensive players, Haider-Maurer will struggle, but Anderson cannot be classed as a top defender. He is a big server and often needs a breaker to get the job done. This year, he's improved his game tremendously, adding more consistency and potency to his groundstrokes, but often he settles for one break or a tie-break to win the set. His recent form is patchy too. Indoors doesn't seem to suit him a great deal. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez and Tommy Haas ran him close last week and most of his matches since the US Open have been tight affairs. I wonder if he is perhaps running out of steam a little after a very fine season thus far. Anderson is definitely the better player of the two, but Haider-Maurer will be desperate to put up a fight. He plays the night session, is in front of a home crowd and is defending a fair number of points. I reckon he won't go down without a fight and against a man who doesn't often skittle his opponents, I'd be content to take a +4 line in favour of the Austrian.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Sport Tennis Event Starace - Nedelko Selection Under 20.5 Strength 10/10 Date 24/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.75 Reasoning For me Starace take easy win in this match, too high line. Potito Starace is experience TOP100 player. Very good serve and really consistent player from the baseline. Too consistent against players from Nedelko level. Nedelko is out of the TOP350 in this moment, this guy never been in TOP350. This is not ATP level. Take wild card here, but this is very friendly card, nothing more. Really lucky draw for Staraca, can't miss it.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October

EventDolgopolov A.-Sela D.
Selection-3.5 Dolgopolov A (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date24/10/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBwin @ 1.60
ReasoningThese two guys have never played together.But based by the current form and performance Dolgopolov is a real dog here.He is in good form showing impressive stayl,agressive on the all fields hungry for tornaments and i believe that he can do alot here.On the other side Sela is not at the level,in the last tournament in Tokyo what he played,he struggled alot in qualifications and in first round was defeated by Ito.Dolgopolov to take this

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Sport Tennis Event Haider-Maurer - Anderson Selection Haider-Maurer +4.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 24/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 1.85 Reasoning For me Andreas Haider-Maurer have good chances to win this match with +4.5 games margin. Andreas is home player, supporters give extra fire for him. Haider-Maurer in last year here go to the Final, I can't image big lost in first round in this year. In last weekend made 16 aces in match against Riba in Moscow, on the faster surface in Vienna can be unbreakable. Anderson can feel tired, many tournaments in last months. Anderson is not the best returner on the world and this is chance for Austrian player. GO AHM!

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I also think Haider-Maurer can even win it. Should be a tight contest with 7/6 7/5s involved. +4,5 Games is a huge handicap given this matchup, but with one or two cointoss sets i would even try a mixture of +Games, Over and the straight win for AHM. I mean how could Anderson be more then 65% favourite in this match. Odds about 4,5 for Haider-Maurer are way too high IMO..

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I'm not sure about this. As much as I want it to happen (and it proabbly will) I jsut dont see enough in Haider-Maurer's form to put any money on the handicap. Anderson could easily win this with 1 break per set, yes I'm sure hes a little tired but hes also been playing pretty well and a lot higher level of opposition and as I said Haider-Maurer has been poor. gl and hope it comes in.

- Andreas Haider-Maurer +4 games AH (v Kevin Anderson in Vienna) @ 1.893 with Pinnacle (3pts) - Anderson d. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-4 - PUSH
In the end, I'm content to take a push out of this. Haider-Maurer was almost always up against it on serve and appeared to choke when presented with five break points in the second set. Wasn't a brilliant bet and slightly fortunate to come out of it unharmed. I'll take that though :)

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October ATP Wien Bit of a strange angle here, but I see some value in (dont laugh!) Nieminen. At inbetween 30-50's his route to the final starts with Robin Haase. Haase could easily blow him away but his state of mind he can't really be trusted and its probably a flip and Haase will start a decent favorite. His 2nd round match will most likely be the hardest as he's up against the number 1 seed Tsonga. Now last time out Tsonga was beaten by the same opponent that defeated Haase (Nishikori) and he certainly wasnt in tip top form. He needed the points in Japan and didnt deliver so the motivational element will still be there but his form might not, at least not V's an in form Nieminen. Nieminen did well last week and only jsut lost to a player of similar ability to Tsonga, Monfils. Tsomga maybe win the event but at 3.1 outright I think this is crazy considerign his form. After this the route should be ok to the final, and in truth Nieminen has a chance V's anyone in the other half of the draw. As I said, this is a long shot, but I can make a case for a small investment with a view to laying off at a later date. Just using beer money for this, and it will probably end up failing, but you never know.....

In the end' date= I'm content to take a push out of this. Haider-Maurer was almost always up against it on serve and appeared to choke when presented with five break points in the second set. Wasn't a brilliant bet and slightly fortunate to come out of it unharmed. I'll take that though :)
Man did this scrape though. Survived a match point too to bring this in and lucky Anderson didnt serve first. Still a wins a win :)

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Sport Tennis Event Bedene - Karlovic Selection Bedene +4.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 25/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83 Reasoning For me Bedene can make big troubles for Karlovic, too high line. Bedene won Q here and broken TOP200 level, the best career moment for this guy. Beat two players from TOP100 - Gimeno and Robert, both in two sets. In both matches not concended a single serve game, not give a single break point for rivals. Very hot stuff on the serve, this is future TOP100 player. Karlovic like Karlovic - big serve and waiting for the tie-breaks, is worse player from the baseline than Bedene and I don't see too many break points for Ivo(if take bp here..). Really close match!

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Sport Tennis Event Bubka - Cilic Selection Bubka +5.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 25/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91 Reasoning In my opinion Bubka have good chances to make close match against Cilic. Bubka played in Q before this main draw match, show very hot stuff on the serve in all matches, not concended a single set. First serve been very hard to touch. Bubka must feel very confident if serve working on the highest level. This is the biggest weapon him. Big motivation before match against famous Cilic. Marin Cilic always have troubles against big server and in my opinion can win this match with style 6-4, 6-4 / 7-6, 6-3 or something. This line is too high

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Plenty of matches today but only one significantly catches the eye ... - Dmitry Tursunov -3.5 games (v Teimuraz Gabashvili in St Petersburg) @ 1.94 with Pinnacle (3pts) There's quite a lot to like about Tursunov in his all-Russian clash with Gabashvili in the St Petersburg evening match. Tursunov is still trying to boost his ranking as he completes his first real year back on the tour for some time. Events like these will help him get back to his top level, and I reckon he's been found a winnable match against his compatriot. Both men have a very similar style of play. They are aggressive, can serve big and have a temper. But Gabashvili is far more volatile, a player who loves spitting the dummy out when things aren't going his way. He also crumbles a lot easier than Tursunov does, and is liable to go for winners more often than playing the percentages. A couple of other factors to consider are these: Tursunov leads the H2H 3-0, and although all the matches have gone three sets, the line has been covered before. Furthermore, Gabashvili played more than three hours against Konstantin Kravchuk in the qualies yesterday. He's not the fittest, and that match could have an effect on his well-being here. Tursunov's not in bad nick going into this tournament. He has a very good record against Gabashvili and I expect him to progress, while covering the line, in this match.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I dont trust Garcia lopez at all, you never know what you going to get. Its possible and he could cover the handicap but unliklely to win out right on current form imo.

I dont trust Garcia lopez at all' date=' you never know what you going to get. Its possible and he could cover the handicap but unliklely to win out right on current form imo.[/quote'] Likewise, just as much as I wouldn't trust Blake to cover the handicap, the guy spurns chances, consolidates on less than 70% of his breaks by holding and rarely holds the composure to close out matches with ease. Never-the-less he should come through this one. I'm loving Tommy Haas to give Chela a little bit of a spanking, Chela just doesn't have the defensive skills at this age to cope with the Haas serve and I see Haas breaking him with his on-court skills. (All especially on indoor-hard-court)

Does anyone believe GGL would trouble Blake?
Unlikely, but line is too big on Blake, so wouldn't put you off a plus in terms of a value bet. But in all honesty, staking serious cash on Garcia-Lopez is madness right now, he's totally off the ball.
Likewise, just as much as I wouldn't trust Blake to cover the handicap, the guy spurns chances, consolidates on less than 70% of his breaks by holding and rarely holds the composure to close out matches with ease. Never-the-less he should come through this one. I'm loving Tommy Haas to give Chela a little bit of a spanking, Chela just doesn't have the defensive skills at this age to cope with the Haas serve and I see Haas breaking him with his on-court skills. (All especially on indoor-hard-court)
Might be wrong here but think Chela did quite well in Vienna last year. Can play on hard (US Open quarter-finalist), just depends on his motivation, which is always a little suspect in small events away from the red brick.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I am saddened that this has to be my first post but... moderator, could this post please be deleted? No need for that language and aggressiveness on a sports forum just because someone placed a shaky bet. Edit: Thanks. Good Luck to all! Now let's see if my overs on Tursy - Gaby are pulling through... it's looking good ;)

I am saddened that this has to be my first post but... moderator, could this post please be deleted? No need for that language and aggressiveness on a sports forum just because someone placed a shaky bet.
Done :ok Also deleted your quote so that it's gone for good. lopez88 - watch your mouth. Ta.

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October Jeremy Chardy is a joke, farcical display and he is blacklisted. As for James Blake, utter disgrace. I have the feeling Chardy;s match was a fix to be entirely honest with you.

- Dmitry Tursunov -3.5 games (v Teimuraz Gabashvili in St Petersburg) @ 1.94 with Pinnacle (3pts) - Tursunov d. Gabashvili 7-5 6-3 - WIN
Watched the first set of this match. Gabashvili started well but as always, he gets very tight and erratic when it gets to the crunch moment. Tursunov just kept his cool and as predicted, Gabashvili totally unravelled. Nice enough win. As an aside, I also caught a bit of Jeremy Chardy's match with Dusan Lajovic. Echo many of the sentiments here. I'm certainly not one to turn to the old 'fixing' excuse (I had no investment in the match in any case) but Chardy looked very shady.