Tennis - 24-30 October

Atko

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 24-30 October I'll start the week with this bet ... - Andreas Haider-Maurer +4 games AH (v Kevin Anderson in Vienna) @ 1.893 with Pinnacle (3pts) Haider-Maurer has not had the best of times recently, with a mixture of poor form and injury, but I expect him to be in a lot better shape for this tournament in Vienna. The Austrian made his first ever ATP Tour final here last year and has a lot of ranking points to defend. Currently lying in the mid-70s, he needs to make some tangible progress in the Austrian capital if he is to stay in the top 100. His run last year to the final and the odd flashes of form this year has showed a very aggressive player, who on his day can hit winners and dominate on serve. Indoor conditions suit his game, with the quicker surface giving him a good chance of finding winners. Against good defensive players, Haider-Maurer will struggle, but Anderson cannot be classed as a top defender. He is a big server and often needs a breaker to get the job done. This year, he's improved his game tremendously, adding more consistency and potency to his groundstrokes, but often he settles for one break or a tie-break to win the set. His recent form is patchy too. Indoors doesn't seem to suit him a great deal. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez and Tommy Haas ran him close last week and most of his matches since the US Open have been tight affairs. I wonder if he is perhaps running out of steam a little after a very fine season thus far. Anderson is definitely the better player of the two, but Haider-Maurer will be desperate to put up a fight. He plays the night session, is in front of a home crowd and is defending a fair number of points. I reckon he won't go down without a fight and against a man who doesn't often skittle his opponents, I'd be content to take a +4 line in favour of the Austrian.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.