Handball

Turkey vs Macedonia Pick: Turkey Handball, Qualifications for 2012 Women's European Championship Turkey and Macedonia started the qualifications different way. While Macedonia won 34:25 against Lithuania in the first round, Turkey lost from France with the same result. The results are expected as France is absolute favorite in the group, while Lithuania is absolute outsider. So, the matches between Turkey and Macedonia are crucial. I think Turkey is closer to the victory here. They have the home advantage, it is expected a hot atmosphere in Suleyman Evcilmen Spor ve Sergi Salonu in Antalya. The fans will give big support to their players and this is an important advantage. Specially because Macedonian players are inexperienced. And that my second reason. Macedonian coach Gino Strezovski is without the best players. Julija Partenko is injured, Dragica Kresoja didn't come with some stupid explanation (bad airplane connections), both Lambevska and Oholonaga don't want to play for the national team etc. On contrary, the situation in Turkish national team is good. Leaded by former Kometal player Jeliz Ozel, they are solid team. It is true they lost with 9 goals from France, but it is also true they played very good. Still, the quality were on French side and they was better in the finish of the match. But here is the different situation, Macedonia is not that strong, Turkey have the home advantage and I believe they will win.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.