** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26

aliando

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Stoke vs Liverpool Pick: Draw Liverpool have suffered two defeats so far and one of them was exactly from Stoke at Britannia Stadium on 10.09.2011. It is true Liverpool have better mutual record (Liverpool have won 62 and Stoke 28 of the 123 previous matches between these clubs), but it is also true that Liverpool have many problems in the last period when they visited Stoke. Just look the last four matches at Britannia: 10.09.2011. Stoke - Liverpool 1:0 13.11.2010. Stoke - Liverpool 2:0 16.01.2010. Stoke - Liverpool 1:1 10.01.2009. Stoke - Liverpool 0:0 As You can see Liverpool have two defeats and two draws. Stoke is strong at home, even top teams like Manchester United and Chelsea failed to win this season in Premier League. And Stoke managed to eliminate Tottenham in the previous round of Carling Cup. Both teams are almost complete, Stoke only have two doubtful players - Jermaine Pennant and Jonathan Woodgate. Kenny Dalglish has no injury worries, even Daniel Agger is ready. I think this match will end with a draw. Stoke is host, I already wrote they are very strong at home. On other side Liverpool have longer bench, I am sure it is very important here. Both managers will make some rotations and I think Liverpool have better reserves. In situation like this I don't see a clear favorite.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 I actually agree with the people opting for Blackburn as a value pick in this round of fixtures. They've got a very impressive record in the Carling Cup going back a number of years and there's they added factor of the pressure on the manager. I expect a strongish line-up from both teams to be honest, Newcastle are in great form but I don't they warrant being such strong favourites in this game. Anything around 2/1 is a great price on Blackburn in my opinion.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Blackburn to Qualify v Newcastle @ 2.10 PaddyPower I'm another one who quite fancies the chances of Blackburn tonight. These two are at opposite ends of the table but I would say Blackburn are slightly under performing at the moment whilst newcastle are over achieving. The Carling cup is a tough one to predict at times with the wild factor of how managers view it. But with Blackburns poor record in the league, this could come as a welcome distraction. Especially considering it is now in the later rounds and a good cup run could help kean appease the fans. To my mind, the home advantage is the most important factor in these cup competitions and anything over evens for Blackburn to qualify tonight represents decent value to me.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26

5pts Blackburn v Newcastle - Blackburn @ 3.3 Betfair I was really impressed with the Blackburn performance against us as the weekend and we were very lucky to come away with the 3 points. The players are certainly still playing for the manager, and I think this is an ideal chance for Kean to relieve some pressure with a win tonight. Steve Keane and Blackburn need the win much more than Newcastle and I expect to see a strong Blackburn side. Newcastle on the other hand has a very tough set of league fixtures coming up and I expect them to rotate more than Blackburn. A Blackburn win of any sort will help to ease the pressure on Kean and his side, and If they can play like they did against us at the weekend I can see them coming out on top here. With the odds on offer I certainly see some value in Blackburn and I'm happy to be on the home side in this one. :ok
Traded this out for either 5pts win if Blackburn hold on, or 4pts win on the draw or Newcastle. :cigar I will take that sort of result all day every day. Good luck to the rest on Blackburn :ok

Blackburn Rovers Vs. Newcastle United Selection: Newcastle United DNB @ 2.00 Ladbrokes Stake: 8/10
I guess my luck must be really in as I had given up on this bet just for Newcastle to score twice in stoppage time. Haven't been watching the match but going by the stats you must feel robbed! :spank

Everton Vs. Chelsea Selection: Draw @ 3.49 Pinnacle Stake: 5/10
Everton 1 - 1 Chelsea (Normal Time) Again haven't watched the match but will look at the highlights when they are on later tonight. Seems like it was a topsy turvy match with 2 penalties being missed and Chelsea having a man sent off. Of course I am well chuffed with the result though! :cigar

Everton 1 - 1 Chelsea (Normal Time) Again haven't watched the match but will look at the highlights when they are on later tonight. Seems like it was a topsy turvy match with 2 penalties being missed and Chelsea having a man sent off. Of course I am well chuffed with the result though! :cigar
2 missed pens and about 10 massively simple chances missed listening to Ian Dowie on SSN

Stoke City Vs. Liverpool Selection: Liverpool @ 2.30 Boylesports Stake: 8/10
Stoke City 1 - 2 Liverpool I watched this game with Liverpool scraping the victory after being a goal down. Liverpool created the better chances in the first half only for a defensive mistake to cause them to go into the break a goal down. Suarez scored an absolute peach of a goal and then popped up in the right place to grab the victory with 5 minutes to spare in the second. I think on the balance of play Liverpool deserved the victory but Stoke fans may feel as if they did enough for a draw. Overall a very good, and maybe more accurately, a very lucky night for me with 2 wins and a void bet. Congrats to the Man City backers and commiserations to those with their money on Blackburn. :beer

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Was out tonight, so didnt post my bets but I stuck a few hundred quid on before I left, came back to see only 1 bet had been returned. What a good way to finish the evening: Wolves - City DRAW 4/1 - Initially felt City were too short here @ 1/2, but Wolves no chance for City's 3rd team despite putting out a strong squad. Listening to the radio, Wolves did have few oppotunities to score but City is on fire at the moment. Everton - Chelsea Chelsea -0 4/6 - This drifte heavily before KO with Moyes putting out much of his first team dispite Utd in the weekend. Chelsea's side were pretty predictable but the sending off probably changed the match. Blackburn - Newcastle Under 2.5 19/20 - Expected this to be a boring fixture without much quality, but a few last minute goals made me lose. Credit to Newcastle for two injury time goals, but well dont to blackburn to get through to the Quater-Finals after Newcastle coming back twice. Both sides showed character, looking forward to watching this in the LC show later on. Stoke vs Liverpool Stoke+0.5 1.80 Only took a small punt at this because I dont like stoke city, but still felt that liverpool were too short. Even without europe i didnt expect Dalglish to have put out such a good team. Off to watch the LC show in a minute to make some notes for the weekend... I sometimes dont know why i bother being a punter with nights like these, it makes you feel that the games are utterly impossible to predict. But anyways, lets hope for a better weekend. :hope

Good write up mate :ok It's very tempting to follow you on the draw as I personally thought this fixture would be a very tight and cagey affair, like usual between these 2 sides really. However I simply can't go past a Chelsea win, especially because of the odds being offered. AVB said he plans to use a mixture of youth and experience - So I'd expect a reasonably strong Chelsea side and plenty of motivation to win after the shambles at QPR on the weekend. I wouldn't be surprised to see Everton field a near full strength side aswell, but I'm just not convinced that will be enough to keep Chelsea at bay. Either way, I'm happy to have a crack at the outright win for Chelsea. And I'll also have a crack at the safer option of Chelsea making it through to the next round. Everton v Chelsea @ 2.13 Sportsbet :@ Chelsea to qualify for the next round @ 1.60 Sportsbet :ok
Luckily the 'to qualify' bet got me through here, no real profit made though.

I agree wholeheartedly. I took Man City - 2.0 @ 3' date='20 with bet365, it's 2,75 now - still worth taking in my opinion. :hope[/quote'] And the bet is in! Double with yesterday's Man Utd -2.0 @ 2.05 nets me a hefty 6.56 :ok

Wolves vs Manchester City Wolves are toiling big time and struggled to a draw against Swansea on Saturday. Without Fletcher they look short upfront and they may make changes as well. Man City on they other hand have just won their last 3 games against English sides by at least 3 goals(Blackburn 0-4, Villa 4-1, Utd 1-6). With players desperate to get into the team like Dzeko, Nasri, Johnson, and Milner whatever team City put out will not be weakened in the slightest. Manchester City -1.5AH @ 2.150 Bet365
:beer

Probably going a little bit against the grain with this pick but i fancy Blackburn tonight. I watched Blackburn sunday and was actually reasonably impressed with their performance, although they lost i think they defended pretty solidly, and were only undone by two real bits of quality in the final third that i dont think Newcastle will have tonight. They also kept the ball well (67/33 possesion :eek) and created chances of their own, admittantly the chances came when they played to their strengths - lumping it into Samba and co :lol As for the team news, i can only imagine Kean will play a strong side, if he doesnt its only going to induce more pressure on him from the fans - Blackburns only abseentee tonight that played on Sunday will be N'Zonzi in midfield. Newcastle will be missing Tiote and Ameobi. Steven Taylor broke his nose Saturday so he is expected to be rested too. Although Newcastle have had a great start to the season i can see Blackburn getting a result tonight if they play like they did Sunday. I'm going to take Blackburn (+0AH) @ 2.03 - Bet365. I will however wait untill the teams are announced to stake my bet so i can be 100% sure. You never know with the Carling Cup!
F***ing Blackburn! :rollin