** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26

aliando

Tuesday 25 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Aldershot Town v Manchester United (19:45 BST) 12 5.5 1.29 104.03 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers (19:45 BST) 1.57 4.2 7.6 100.60 %
maximize.gif Cardiff City v Burnley (19:45 BST) 2.07 3.4 4.3 100.98 %
maximize.gif Crystal Palace v Southampton (19:45 BST) 3.26 3.4 2.3 103.56 %
Wednesday 26 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Stoke City v Liverpool (19:45 BST) 3.5 3.4 2.25 102.43 %
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester City (19:45 BST) 7.5 4 1.57 101.97 %
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Newcastle United (20:00 BST) 2.65 3.4 2.8 102.86 %
maximize.gif Everton v Chelsea (20:00 BST) 3.6 3.4 2.2 102.64 %

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Are Arsenal really playing two days after Stoke? :loon Bolton should be worth a decent play on an AH. Even though they're looking poor in the league, the cup could provide some respite. It wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal pick up a couple of injuries against Stoke, and I'd expect quite a few changes from the home side here. Surprised aswell to see Liverpool such strong favourites against Stoke. Stoke having beaten them already this season at home. I'd expect changes on both sides really, but I still see no value in the away side.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 depends on the sides put out and where priorities lie. Kenny seems intent on getting silverware to liverpool, even if it is a second-rate cup. Stoke, themselves are already in Europe and may be the team chucking second strings in... As for cardiff, Mackay has thrown a few youngsters into the team/squad for previous rounds as we dont have enough depth to rest players. I'm growing more and more concerned that we seem to be unable to keep clean sheets and are having to score at least 2 goals to be in with a shout. Of course, it all depends on whether Burnley send their firsts or not :wall

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Yeah, could be right about Stoke, but their squad is pretty strong this season...either way, I'd expect Stoke to be play their normal game and keep it tight. Because of that it could just be a 1-0 Liverpool win, or draw. Might be worth taking odds on extra time being played. Cardiff V Burnley is one game that could go either way. Burnley have been inconsistant of late, and still have key injuries too. The only favourites I'd expect to win this round are obviously the two Manchester clubs. All others just look worth opposing.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 i wouldnt discount chelsea (again, wait for team news:zzz) as it AVB's first season and silverware would be high on his priority - didnt Mourinho win this cup in his first year...? Price seems tasty and they just beat the toffees at home.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Arsenal vs Bolton After Arsenal's 3 - 1 over stoke I think they will really play with alot of confidence and 4/7 against a bolton side who are on a terrible run looks to be pretty fair. As with the theme of my bets i really fancy Arsenal to get a nice run of results together and I will probably take a stab at Arsenal at 4/7. However, I see owen coyle putting out a strong bolton side to try and progress further in this competition. Arsenal themselves will see this as a trophy they can realistically win and won't go down easily. But with Chelsea looming next weekend i cant see Wenger putting out too many of his 1st choice players for chelsea next week. A draw in the 90 minutes and Arsenal to qualify ultimately is a possibility. Ill keep an eye out for the odds, might put a punt a small punt on arsenal to qualify AFTER 90 mins; which should have some nice odds.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Crystal Palace look a generous price against Southampton. Southampton although top of the league are struggling a bit away from home. I watched most of their match against Reading and they were fairly poor and perhaps lucky to draw. Palace are strong at home and only a few points behind Southampton so I don't see why Saints are such strong favourites for this. Palace are in very good form at the moment as well, although the same can be said for Southampton. I guess it's going to depend on what teams are put out, so i'll be waiting for team news, but if Palace put out a decent strength team, i'll be backing them strongly in this one if the price holds up. Agree the Stoke price also looks large. In the last round, Spurs couldn't break them down at the Britannia, and while Spurs made a number of changes, I think Stoke did as well. I'm not overly impressed with Liverpool so far this season, and even if they send out a full strength team, I couldn't back them at that price at Stoke who will make life very difficult whoever is on the pitch. Definitely looks like a low scoring game to me and i'm tempted by the 3.4 on offer at Stan James for under 1.5 goals. But again, i'll wait for team news before committing.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Wolves vs Manchester City Wolves are toiling big time and struggled to a draw against Swansea on Saturday. Without Fletcher they look short upfront and they may make changes as well. Man City on they other hand have just won their last 3 games against English sides by at least 3 goals(Blackburn 0-4, Villa 4-1, Utd 1-6). With players desperate to get into the team like Dzeko, Nasri, Johnson, and Milner whatever team City put out will not be weakened in the slightest. Manchester City -1.5AH @ 2.150 Bet365

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26

i wouldnt discount chelsea (again' date=' wait for team news:zzz) as it AVB's first season and silverware would be high on his priority - didnt Mourinho win this cup in his first year...? Price seems tasty and they just beat the toffees at home.[/quote'] I think backing both to score is the best idea in this match.Chelsea will miss a few players through suspensions ( Drogba,Bosingwa,Torres and Cole).Ramires could be still out with an injury.Everton will fight.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Stoke City Vs. Liverpool Selection: Liverpool @ 2.30 Boylesports Stake: 8/10 Betting on the Carling Cup can be a bit of a minefield but I have decided that 2.30 for the Liverpool victory looks like relatively good value. As we all know the CC has turned into a bit of a farce in recent years with most of the Premiership clubs fielding second string teams as they aren't too bothered about the competition. I think in this match though Liverpool will be the team that will put more emphasis on qualification. Stoke are already in the Europa Cup and that has already added a significant amount of games to their schedule and is more prestigious. Liverpool meanwhile are out of Europe and have a large enough squad that they even played a midweek friendly against Rangers. While I don't think Tony Pulis will field a team of Kiddos he is more likely to rest his star players. I believe Kenny Daglish will see this cup as a means to bring back some sort of silverware back to Anfield. While checking the lineups of both teams in their league cup games so far Liverpool have fielded the the stronger team player for player. While both clubs have improved their strength and depth over the summer, Liverpool have many International players who haven't had much game time and will be looking to prove a point. I reckon this will be a close match but with Liverpool's added bit of quality I think they can achieve a hard fought victory. Good luck :hope

I think backing both to score is the best idea in this match.Chelsea will miss a few players through suspensions ( Drogba' date='Bosingwa,Torres and Cole).Ramires could be still out with an injury.Everton will fight.[/quote'] I think Torres is avaliable for this match. The others are definately out after the defeat at QPR. I expect to see changes from Villas-Boas whereas Moyes will probably put out a stronger team playing at home. Alot of this fixture have ended in a 1 - 1 draw both at Goodison and at Stamford Bridge, but as ive said many times I really believe in Villas-Boas as an excellent manager and even gave QPR a good game in the second half despite having two sending offs in the first half. However because there is extra time after the 90 minutes, I still see another draw being significant result to take into consideration. Ill have a look at the chelsea to qualify markets closer to KO.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Very tempted to take city on the big handicaps wednesday we are poor. very very very poor! our 1st team just dont cut it and we have drawn just 1 game out of our last 6 in the league (not particularly a hard run of games either). we cant score and we certainly cant defend. there is a suggestion that we are resting our better players (out of form however) for the cup game as we play city in the league again at the weekend. i would expect city to win by 2 at least if they played our 1st team, so i fear for our reserves (in a cup we know we wont win). i seriously expect something like a 5 or 6 goal defeat here, especially after what city did to utd on sunday. my only concern is if city opt for reserves or youth players. if youth players (they will still win) i will be more cautious if they send the likes of dzeko and johnson, im going deep. fans were very much on the players and managers back at the weekend when our best chance of a home win all season went by as we scraped a draw late on from 2-0 down.

just a quick look city are available -2.75 on the handicap @ 5.25 with bet 365. i will certainly take that now and look for bigger handicaps later
I was thinking of the same thing. 8/15 for a City win looks quite generous. I cant imagine Mancini putting out an extremely weakened side as this is a cup he will want to win. However City have just played only two days ago and perhaps the squad won't be fit and rested for the game. On the other hand, wolves does have a habit of beating the big guns at home and losing to weaker teams. In the cup they have had a good run enjoying big wins at home and away and perhaps will try to progress in this cup, with the reverse fixture in the league looming in the weekend.

Crystal Palace look a generous price against Southampton. Southampton although top of the league are struggling a bit away from home. I watched most of their match against Reading and they were fairly poor and perhaps lucky to draw. Palace are strong at home and only a few points behind Southampton so I don't see why Saints are such strong favourites for this. Palace are in very good form at the moment as well, although the same can be said for Southampton. I guess it's going to depend on what teams are put out, so i'll be waiting for team news, but if Palace put out a decent strength team, i'll be backing them strongly in this one if the price holds up.
Agree with you here :cheers Crystal Palace @ 2.96 pinnacle Crystal Palace are flying with 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 games in the Championship with clean sheets in their last 3 games. They are currently 4th and are up against the first placed Southampton but both sides are expected to make changes for this game. CP are likely to be without Moxey and maybe Ambrose, but expect them to have a near full strength side as they like their chances of progressing, as they have already beaten Middlesbrough and Wigan in the previous rounds. Soton has drawn 3 and lost the other of their last 4 road games in the Championship, and is without the suspended Hammond while Fonte, Lallana, Jaidi and Seaborne are out injured. They also may rest some other players as they have a tough game on the weekend at home with the third placed Middlesbrough who have a very good road record. Of the two teams, Crystal Palace look good value here and at home, like t hem to edge this.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Arsenal v Bolton I think Bolton will give Arsenal a good game tonight. No Van Persie = Arsenal vulnerable. Bolton have nothing to lose tonight and although they are in poor form i think they will go all out attack tonight and i feel they will test Arsenal. I can see Arsenal qualifying but they may have to do it after 90 minutes and there is a possibility this game could go to penalties. I just have real reservations about Arsenal, who are too reliant on Van Persie as proven at the weekend when he had to come on and score twice to save the bacon. Chris Eagles may start for Bolton and he is capable of scoring a few goals, also on the Arsenal side Ramsay may also be capable of getting on the scoresheet. Arsenal v Bolton to draw 1-1 @ 8/1 Hills Aaron Ramsay to score first @ 11/1 Bet365 Chris Eagles to score first @ 16/1 Skybet Scorecast Ramsay 1-0 @ 50/1 Powers Arsenal to win on penalties @ 14/1 Powers

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Ramsey is not in the squad tonight mate. We'll be changing things up alot, loads of youngsters plus a few experienced players confirmed in the squad like Arshavin, Benayoun, Squillaci and also a welcome return for Vermaelen, hopefully gets some minutes. I hear Coyle will be making plenty of changes too, not gonna touch this game betting-wise but I do think we will get through. Best of luck with you bets, I hate Carling Cup weeks!!

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 I think over 2,5 is the best call in my eyes.Gunners will field a lot of young players.Coyle will field a lot of reserve players as well.Especially Bogdan is a joke.He is nothing in my eyes.His last match was against Chelsea were he was beaten 5 times. I see at least 3 goals in this encounter.

Wolves vs Manchester City Wolves are toiling big time and struggled to a draw against Swansea on Saturday. Without Fletcher they look short upfront and they may make changes as well. Man City on they other hand have just won their last 3 games against English sides by at least 3 goals(Blackburn 0-4, Villa 4-1, Utd 1-6). With players desperate to get into the team like Dzeko, Nasri, Johnson, and Milner whatever team City put out will not be weakened in the slightest. Manchester City -1.5AH @ 2.150 Bet365
I think this season it's a) The Premier League and b) The Champions League, target-wise for City. I don't think Mancini gives a toss about either of the cups. I'd wait to see the squad. Remember when they lost to WBA's reserves last season and played the definition of a ''Carling Cup side.'' Also, you have to think Wolves could be plenty motivated. Some may argue they need to concentrate on the league, whilst they may also look at it as a chance to improve morale. Only thing I have a genuine interest in is United at Aldershot. They play a good side and the handicap will look plenty appealing. Goals will be nailed on too if it's anything like the side at Leeds, where they played about seven strikers.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Just a quick note on the Palace V Southampton game, as people have said already I think both teams may rotate a little tonight but I would expect Freedman to retain our strongest back 4 with Clyne, McCarthy, Gardner/Tunchev, Parr/Moxey likely to start. Even if he rests Zaha or Scannell and Ambrose is injured we still have plenty of high quality players to come in that would trouble Southampton's 1st team such as Williams and Garvan. Hammond being out for Saints is an interesting one as they will need leadership tonight, if Fonte is out that is a blow aswell. When they made the draw for this round I was pleased we got Southampton at home as I thought it was a winnable game for us. I think the chances of a Palace win or a draw at the end of normal time are around 66% so the prices being quoted when the coupon initially came out were very nice indeed but unfortunately they have deteriorated now. I think a speculative punt on Palace at 2/1 is worth a shot for a value bet or for a safer option you could even split your stake between 2 singles on a Palace win @2/1 and a draw @5/2. If Palace drop below 2/1 I probably wouldn't bother. Personally I am sitting this one out as I am going to use these midweek matches as a barrometer for my weekend bets where I feel my shorlist could be made stronger if games go a certain way. Good luck to those on Palace tonight.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 Everton v Chelsea, playing Wednesday 26th October Chelsea look way too long to me at up to 2.4 (or 1.67 to qualify with Bet365). I think these are excellent value. After the debacle against QPR (where Chelsea very nearly equalised in the second half), it's hard to see them losing again here, Mickey Mouse cup or not.

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 both games Aldershot v United and Arsenal - Bolton look like an OVER 3,5 games to me........ United will try to bounce back, OK it's small team like Shots against them, but still the advantage of the Red Devils is huge! Berbatov and Owen are not "pressed" by the heavy defeat against City, so they can show some skills and provide more goals; Carrick, Park and Valencia will be in the middle, don't know what the defense will by, but I think that they will let a goal.......1-3, 1-4 Utd is enough for me ;) Arsenal will rest 1st team players for the derby against Chelsea, but still young players like Chamakh, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Frimpong, Park also Arshavin, Benayoun can provide goals, little bit of shaky defense for the Gunners, maybe Bolton can cope to score a goal or two, 3-1, 3-2 is OK ;) cheers

Everton v Chelsea, playing Wednesday 26th October Chelsea look way too long to me at up to 2.4 (or 1.67 to qualify with Bet365). I think these are excellent value. After the debacle against QPR (where Chelsea very nearly equalised in the second half), it's hard to see them losing again here, Mickey Mouse cup or not.
I agree and was looking into this as well. Chelsea imo should be price at perhaps evens or 2.10, 2.40 looks very generous. Usually when i dive into markets early they always drift (sign of a bad punter perhaps?), so im going to wait for tommorow for more team news. I did just hear that chelsea have just been charged over improper conduct over their loss at QPR. Andre villas-boas will be looking to respond to that result. Chelsea to Qualify @ 4/6 doesnt look too volatile and i might take an early plunge at it.

both games Aldershot v United and Arsenal - Bolton look like an OVER 3' date=5 games to me........ United will try to bounce back, OK it's small team like Shots against them, but still the advantage of the Red Devils is huge! Berbatov and Owen are not "pressed" by the heavy defeat against City, so they can show some skills and provide more goals; Carrick, Park and Valencia will be in the middle, don't know what the defense will by, but I think that they will let a goal.......1-3, 1-4 Utd is enough for me ;) Arsenal will rest 1st team players for the derby against Chelsea, but still young players like Chamakh, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Frimpong, Park also Arshavin, Benayoun can provide goals, little bit of shaky defense for the Gunners, maybe Bolton can cope to score a goal or two, 3-1, 3-2 is OK ;) cheers
Im abit on the fence on what bet to place on this game between BTTS or over 3.5. I can see a result like 1 - 3 to Utd but cant really decide on which is the better choice. Both are priced at around 11/10. I really see Aldershot getting a goal here. Its a sellout game and the locals won't have very high expectations over the result but really to enjoy the experience. Even if the shots go down by 2 goals the fans will still be behind their team to chase a goal. I see an open game, but just thinking about Utd's win at leeds in the previous round, even a 2nd choice team looked miles better than leeds. What the heck ill put money on both

I don't think United will concede. Fergie is going to select a strong defence tonight led by Vidic under instructions to go prove themselves worthy of replacing those who embarrassed the club on Sunday. A place in the starting 11 against Everton is at stake here' date=' so the players will be very hungry to achieve the shut out.[/quote'] The defence is a joke at the moment and Fergie wont be too worried defensively tonight, he will just want to score plenty of goals and get the game over with early! I think United could concede 1 or even 2 tonight, but could score from 3-5 goals.... I might have a little nibble on United to win 4-2 at a very big price.. Aldershot have scored plenty of goals in their last few games and a defence doesnt turn from shite to brilliant in 2 days! Expect us to win comfortably, but also expect Aldershot to score!

The defence is a joke at the moment and Fergie wont be too worried defensively tonight, he will just want to score plenty of goals and get the game over with early! I think United could concede 1 or even 2 tonight, but could score from 3-5 goals.... I might have a little nibble on United to win 4-2 at a very big price.. Aldershot have scored plenty of goals in their last few games and a defence doesnt turn from shite to brilliant in 2 days! Expect us to win comfortably, but also expect Aldershot to score!
Yes, i get a feeling that fergies game plan will be we'll score more than your team, instead of focusing on a clean sheet or w/e. 5 - 1, 4 - 1 is the scorelines i feel are about right. Owen always shines in league cup games and i'd expect him to net a few!

Re: England: Carling Cup Oct 25-26 BTS and over are generally decent bets in the cups when the Premier side is at home. The big favorites often score and score in front of the home fans, and defense can be an afterthought. On away, it's different. The atmosphere is much more quiet in the smaller grounds, some of the pitches can be narrower, the B sides may be motivated to make the A side, but it feels more like a practice. The away favorites often get a lead and coast, lacking the fan fervor to continue to push, while the home side doesn't get as demoralized. I've been keeping track of the big favorites in cups when bettors are solidly behind the faves, and games have gone over 2.5 goals 75% of the time when the favorites are at home. Away, it's more like 50%.