** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies Test Series

kevshat

After playing out a profitable ODI series, Bangladesh and West Indies begin a two match test series on Friday morning. Neither match is on TV sadly and markets are at a premium but there are a few to get stuck into. Schedule:

Fri Oct 21 - Tue Oct 25 03:30 GMT | 09:30 local 04:30 BST 1st Test - Bangladesh v West Indies Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong 38.png 25 - 31° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Sat Oct 29 - Wed Nov 2 03:30 GMT | 09:30 local 04:30 BST 2nd Test - Bangladesh v West Indies Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
N/A

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies Test Series No outrights for me in this series. Too quirky to have outrights in a two test series and there's no wrong prices to take. Just the one for me in the first test too. It's not a series I'm going to get stuck into with all the cricket going on anyway but there's rain around in Chittagong and the fact it's not on TV there's no performance markets or anything so I'll just go with a top bat which should be unaffected by the rain. 1pt ew M.Samuels Top West Indies Batsman (1st Inns Only) 5/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) I'm getting a bit predictable now I appreciate but while Samuels is winning me dosh and I'm still getting the ew value in the price I'll keep on backing him. There's a slight difference in the bet this time in that Samuels isn't the best player of spin on this side, Shivnerine Chanderpaul lays claim to that title now but Samuels isn't far behind, he'll bat above Chanderpaul and he'll score a lot quicker than him while he's at the crease. There's no Adrian Barath who could be another danger with the speed he scores with to contend with and obviously there's still no Chris Gayle or Dwayne Bravo to worry about. Samuels has been the star man for the West Indies on this tour and with his credentials at playing spin and the each way value in his price I'm happy to keep accumulating the coins from Samuels on this Bangladesh tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies Test Series Samuels couldn't do the business although quite why he was batting at 6 after the series he has had needs a cleverer man than me to work out. One for the second test. 5pts S.al-Hasan's Performance Pts - 101&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I think this line is a bit low for Shakib. He's a genuine all rounder who will play the major parts with the bat and the ball for Bangladesh. He's their main batsman in the eye of the opposition and probably their main bowler too. The best thing that could have happened for Shakib is Sunny coming in and taking a 5 for on debut in the first test because the Windies batsmen could look at making sure he doesn't get them out again and take their eyes of the ball for Shakib. Shakib scored 100pts in half a match in the first test and with a full match expected here I don't see how this doesn't get covered. England are a lot better at playing spin than the Windies and have a much better bowling attack but Shakib still managed 225pts when they played a test match on this ground last year and he only really bowled in one innings bar 8 overs in a second innings. That highlights the point scoring potential that Shakib, who for me isn't too far off a world class all rounder for any side let alone Bangladesh, has. Against inferior opposition if he bowls and bats twice he could be pushing 300 rather than 100. More than happy to take the overs here.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies Test Series Shakib covered that inside 2 days quite easily. I don't like having in play bets on matches I have no way of watching to get a feel for so that will be it for me in this series. +4.16 for the match and +2.16 for the two tests.