** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23

Djordje

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Chelsea -1 v QPR @ 2.00 Sportsbet Pretty simple in my eyes. Chelsea are a whole cut above QPR in every department and I think they'll comfortably secure an away victory. Key players were rested against Genk, with Mata and Sturridge being the most important IMO. They'll both return to the starting line-up and cause some big problems for QPR, both are on a fantastic run of form. It's a shame Torres is still out, as he looked in good nick against Genk, but Drogba will have yet another chance to show why he should be the main man, and what better chance then against a poor QPR who have been shifting goals left, right, and centre. AVB's footprint is slowly becoming more prominent on this Chelsea side and I think the quick passing game will be too much for QPR to handle. QPR have also failed to win in their past 8 outings at Loftus road, while Chelsea have picked up all 3 points in 6 of their past 7 league outings. The stats won't win you a game, but I suppose it adds more weight to the bet for me. It just shows what direction both sides are going in. :ok

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Blackburn v Tottenham @ 1.98 Sportsbet I'll also have a go at Spurs in this one. They looked pretty damn good against the Toon last week, but failed to hold out in the last 15 minutes, to be fair to spurs though, I think most sides would have struggled to keep Newcastle at bay during that final period. The Geordies were really having a crack, or should I say the French? lol. Anyway, I think Spurs will have too much for a Blackburn side that have been very poor of late. Tottenham have looked good for the majority of the season and are on a 5 match unbeaten streak. Adebayor, VDV and also Defoe have scored a couple of goals each which is good, confidence should be high. Whilst Luka Mod certainly looks to have his head screwed back on after the failed Chelsea transfer. I am a touch concerned about Tottenham's defence though with so many key players being out, and won't be surprised to see them concede. But at the end of the day I don't think Spurs will have any trouble outscoring their opponents. Blackburn haven't kept a cleansheet since April, and have only won 2 of the past 15 fixtures against Tottenham.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Man utd man city both to score @ 1.65 BETFAIR i was expecting 1.4ish for this so taking this now, looking back man utd have scored in 5 out of 5 home games and man city have scored in 5 out of 5 aways games, i cant pick a winner in this one so see the value in this bet.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Going with a lot of people on this one Spurs to beat blackburn at 1.91 with betfair as CFCWATSON says they are on a 5 match run and have some good inform players at the min, where as blackburn would struggle to beat the top championships sides at the min. Spurs 2nd rate team beat ruban midweek as they gave the top playersa rest so i see them getting the job done early at ewood park today :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Surprised that all those who think Spurs will concede but that they will also win haven't backed the combo of over 2.5 goals and Spurs to win which is available at 17/10 at Will Hill under the 'Match x Goals' market.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Wolves - Swansea over 2.5 @ 1.97 :D Aston Villa - West Brom over 2.5 @ 2.09 :D Bolton - Sunderland over 2.5 @ 1.95 :( Bolton had their chances to score to send this over Newcastle - Wigan over 2.5 @ 1.88 :( Liverpool -1.5 @ 1.92 :( Should have won this game easily. Had their chances Arsenal - Stoke under 2.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle Arsenal have won their last 3 games at home this season which is in contrast to losing their last two road games. In these home wins they have allowed just one goal which suggests that they can do well in defence when they concentrate, as Mertsecker and Koscielny have started to find some sort of understanding but will be tested here by the set pieces that Stoke contest. Stoke have lost their last 2 away games and have not scored in either of them, and have also not scored in their last visits to Arsenal. Arsenal have not played that well but have managed to pick up wins and have a very good record against Stoke. Arsenal should edge this but prefer the value of the under, as doubt many goals will be scored in this. Man Utd - Man City under 2.5 @ 2.13 pinnacle Both teams have some very good players but given this such a massive derby game where both sides are evenly matched, then can see both defences cancelling each other out. The return of Vidic to partner Ferdinand should give the Man Utd defence more stability than what they showed against Liverpool last week while this City defence have conceded just once in their last 3 games. With Barry, Toure and De Jong in midfield, City have more defensive type of players who will be looking to starve Utd of possession. Mancini has known to be more defensive in his approach in the bigger games and expect him to be so in the first half. Doubt either side will keep it open if they score, so like this to be a low scoring game. Fulham - Everton under 2.5 @ 1.72 pinnacle Both teams are more known for their defensive abilities than their attacking skills, with Fulham in particular, not allowing much at home. They have won once and drawn 3 of their 4 home games this season with 2 clean sheets, and having not allowed a goal in 2 of their last 3 games, Everton will find it hard to score given that they have scored just twice in their 3 away games but without a noted goalscorer. Everton lost to both Chelsea and Man City on the road but Fulham will be more to their liking. Well they smashed QPR 6-0 in their last home game, Fulham will find it much harder to breach this Everton defence that can be very solid, and expect them to be so, as besides that win over QPR, have not been prolific in scoring goals this year. Tottenham @ 1.87 pinnacle Having lost 3 of their 4 home games this season, there is plenty of pressure on Backburn to get something out of this game. Their defence has leaked goals as they have yet to keep a clean sheet in their 8 games this season, as teams have scored at least two goals in 5 of these games. Spurs have scored at least two goals in their last 5 games as their attacking players are creating and scoring goals, and though their defence has allowed goals in their last 3 games, like Spurs to score more than Blackburn and add to their record of winning in the last 4 meetings between these two sides. Chelsea -1.5 @ 2.19 pinnacle Chelsea have started to hit some form as they have scored at east 3 goals in each of their last 3 game, scoring 12 goals in total, and though they have conceded in each of these games, they have shown that their forward line has been scoring more than they concede. QPR will be much more wary given that they do not want to receive another 6-0 thumping like they got from Fulham. While they have drawn their last 3 home games, this is a much harder game for them, and with the class that Chelsea has, like them to win this one well. Season record: 32-46 (+7.13)

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23

Surprised that all those who think Spurs will concede but that they will also win haven't backed the combo of over 2.5 goals and Spurs to win which is available at 17/10 at Will Hill under the 'Match x Goals' market.
I think i saw somewhere that 7/8 of our last trips to ewood park have ended unders, saying that we have done the double over them the past 2 seasons... I'm not so sure we'll run out easy winners today, 1 or 2-0 maybe.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Fulham vs Everton Fulham on the back of a hard European match on Thursday go into this bottom of the table against Everton. Fulham have only won once in the league this season and teams in the Europa League tend to toil on the following Sunday. Everton are usually a solid team away from Goodison with a packed midfield. With Louis Saha back fit I can see Everton sneaking this and there is definite value at 3.4. Everton @ 3.4 Betfair Manchester United vs Manchester City United have seen a slight dip in form recently with the 3 draws in a row before 2 penalties seen them past Otelul Galati. Meanwhile Man City have moved to the top of the league after beating Blackburn 0-4 and Villa 4-1 and will definitley have got a huge lift after the late winner against Villarreal. With City going to Old Trafford as leaders I think the price is too high and see value in them to win at 3/1. I'll be using my free £50 bet for this one so dont need to bother with the DNB. Manchester City @ 3/1 Bet365

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Arsenal V/S Stoke See much value in the odds of Stoke here.Not expecting an easy game for Arsene's guys here even thou they picked-up the 3pts against OM in CL. Some important stats to consider for Tony Pullis guys against the BIG ONES: draw with Chelsea 0-0, and against Man Utd 1-1..beaten Liverpool 1-0..So surely guys dont underestimate Stoke and with odds of DNB @ 4.8 UNIBET AND FT Stoke win upto 7.2 @ BETSAFE seems really enticing.Stoke quite convincing @ home have yet to prove their away performance thou. Comfortable win in europa against M.Tel Aviv and 2-0 against Fulham in EPL,the guys like Crouch, Walters and Pennant will surely make life hard for Wenger today. Another interesting stat is that Arsenal right now is rated 3rd worst defence in EPL with 17 goals having hit their net SO BEWARE OF 'LONG PASSING' GUYS LIKE DELAP AND 'LONG PLAYERS' LIKE CROUCH TO CONCLUDE who could make Wenger to throw water bottles again today!!!!;) So good value: 1pt Stoke win FT 2pts DNB Stoke

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Arsenal vs Stoke Last season this same fixture would have had half the odds for an Arsenal win. They are not the same team without fabregas but they still have plenty of quality players who are quick and agile. Stoke's defense is very solid and just consists of tanks in Huth especially; slow on the move I see walcott running rings around them and Arshavin will nutmeg a few as well. Van persie looks very sharp and will enjoy today's fixture. Both teams have come off a midweek win in their respective european leagues but Arsenal's for them have been by far the most important, boosting confidence and getting back to winning ways. I believe in Wenger as an excellent manager and I see this as a fixture they really need to win to step up to the next gear. Added the fact of the Ramsey leg-break the arsenal players should play with even more intent. Stoke are a very organised squad and Pulis have done a great job, but Arsenal just have too much quality and at home, Arsenal 4/7 looks to have juicy value. 10/10 stake. QPR vs Chelsea When i first saw this fixture I thought chelsea are sure to build on their run and Villas-Boas is the perfect manager to break down championship style teams such as QPR. However looking at the odds Chelsea 2/5 is simply too short to back, but QPR/draw also lack value to put a decent sized bet on. As good as Villas-boas have got the squad to work together to produce goals, you can't always expect to score 4 away from home and I feel chelsea will win by a small margin. Backing QPR +1.5 or +2 is extremely short also, so ive opted for Under 2.5 @ 5/4 (10/10 VC), and also not something i usually do: Chelsea 1 - 0 and Chelsea 2 - 0 @ overall odds of about 13/5

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Fulham vs Everton Fulham's Home and away forms can not have any more contrast whilst Everton have had some hard fixtures recently and harsh results. Fulham's last home 6 - 0 win against QPR was well deserved, but they were not as good as the score line suggested as everything seemed to go in on that day. The fans will be expecting a good performance tonight and could put pressure on the players. Everton will be low on confidence and playing away to Fulham is never easy to get a result from. After 3 league defeats against tough opponents I feel they will see this as a fixture to really get their teeth into. Though Everton have struggled with new players, Drenthe and Vellios looks a real find. On the balance the Draw looks to have abit of value @ 23/10, as I dont really see any of these sides losing this fixture. 5/10 units. Rovers vs Spurs Just a small stake on this one, simple reason because i feel although Rovers will have all home fixtures and seem like an away fixture, Spurs 10/11 looks abit short. small punt @ DRAW 11/4 3/10 units @ VC.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 I am really struggling to find any value in the Manchester derby. The odds have fluctuated everywhere due to all the offers flying everywhere from free bets to moneyback specials. I see the odds for this fixture being 45/30/25 so if any odds drift out of this line by a good margin ill chop it off.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Blackburn - Tottenham=2 (1.90) bet365 stakes 5 / 10 Blackburn position 19° points 5 Tottenham position 6° points 13 Preview: Blackburn: injured: Michel Salgado (defender 7 / 0); absent: David Dunn (midfielder 4 / 0), Ryan Nelsen (defender 1 / 0), Vince Grella (midfielder 1 / 0). Tottenham: Injured: Corluka (defender 3 / 0), Dawson (defender 2 / 0), William Gallas (defender 0 / 0), Ledley King (defender 5 / 0). Blackburn has a score in house w1-d0-l3 goals scored 5 goals against 10 Tottenham and has a score out of the house w2-d1-l1 goals scored 6 goals against 6. The manager Steve Kean and the team itself are under pressure for the disappointing performance made ​​and asked for the dismissal of Steve Kean. The hosts so far have won one game against Arsenal, losing 5 games and have had 18 goals (the second worst defense in the championship). Guests are in great shape and are Imbat in the last 9 games between the league and cups. Guests have a department with very strong offensive players of high international importance such as Rafael Van der Vaart, Emmanuel Adebayor, Jermain Defoe, who until now have scored 9 goals (3 goals each). The Tottenha has all it takes to win this game. Last season Tottenham have won both games against Blackburn (4-2 home and 1-0 away). Blackburn in the last four games against Tottenham has never won. In the last 16 games at home playing with Blackburn, Blackburn has won 6 times, I have matched Tottenham has won 4 and 6. The goal difference is 17-14 in favor of Tottenham. :hope:hope:hope

My views on FULHAM - EVERTON Firstly I'm just going to provide what I know about the match, not an actual tip as I'm on the bus and can't get the odds up (lazy). I just got back from krakow having gone to the wisła game. In terms of team news, everyone is available apart from Sa (hamstring). Dembele can play as his ban is for European competitions. Zamora, Dempsey and Murphy were all rested ahead of this fixture, which shows key intent from Jol to win the game. These players didn't even travel, and it's fair enough to say that the squad lacked depth in Poland, with no real replacement for dembele or duff if either had gone off. The loss makes it even more important to get a win today, and I would imagine that Jol will play to win. usually I would have this as a draw but given the circumstances id be closer to -0.5,+0.0 but obviously this is price permitting. I'm not sure how short Zamora is for anytime / first goalscorer but I can't imagine there will be value there. Better off with Dempsey who was our top scorer last season and will be longer than BZ by a significant amount. He is also being played further forward than a regular AM both for fulham and the USNT. I think he scored for the states recently, as well. Anyway these are my views, take them as you will. If any EVERTON fans are on here please provide some info. Cheers and Gl all --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.758675,0.148091

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 My trust in Wenger has "shortened" after seeing the lineups. He better have weighed his odds of winning this game. I cant imagine he will want anything else other than a win against Stoke. He better have a masterplan for this lineup. Im also dissapointed to see Welbeck starting ahead of Hernandez. Welbeck lacks quality and is seriously overrated imo.

Man.United don't do better in CL with far more weak teams , they needed 2 penaltys for first win in 3 games, Man.City have the strongest squad ever and ofcours they can take anything from old even to win as this is a derby and anything can happend - i prefer Man.City DNB @ 2.7 Unibet
Best call I made :cheers

Man Utd v Man City Total Man Utd Cards - 2 to 3 @ 11/10 (William Hill) 5 pts Total Man Utd Cards - Over 3 @ 10/3 (William Hill) 5 pts Okay so this is guarenteed to be a fiery encounter. Neither side will want to concede first or lose this with the likely outcome being a score draw. I can see this getting pretty tense quite early on especially due to City's excellent form this season being a noticeable change from last season and the fact that Man Utd won so emphatically against City in the Community Shield earlier on. These games always have cards and with City's attack coming from all angles its likely United's defense at some point will get frustrated. This is kind of a 'draw no bet' type of bet for me. 5 points on 2 to 3 cards which if it remains the same will return my stake for the other bet. The other bet is Over 3 Man Utd cards which I will also stake 5 points. If this wins I am roughly looking at 5-6 points profit. The only drawback will be if Man Utd only get 1 card or no cards - almost impossible in this game! :hope
:nana:nana:nana 4 yellow cards for Man Utd = big profit! :beer

Blackburn Rovers Vs. Tottenham Hotspurs Selection: Tottenham Hotspurs @ 1.95 Stan James Stake: 9/10 Blackburn 1 - 2 Tottenham :beer Haven't been watching the game but judging by the stats Spurs got lucky in this one. Happy as Larry to go 2/2 this weekend in the Premiership though. Anyone have their money on QPR? Could have had them 11/1 before the kickoff! :rollin

Arsenal to beat Stoke @ 1.617 (Pinnacle:8pts) Spurs to beat Blackburn @ 2.00 (Boylesports:6pts) Man United to beat Man City @ 2.10 (Bet365:6pts)
WIN WIN LOSS +4.936pt profit for this round after a crazy result at United. Happy enough with that, Spurs were a tad lucky while we outclassed Stoke.

Fulham vs Everton Fulham on the back of a hard European match on Thursday go into this bottom of the table against Everton. Fulham have only won once in the league this season and teams in the Europa League tend to toil on the following Sunday. Everton are usually a solid team away from Goodison with a packed midfield. With Louis Saha back fit I can see Everton sneaking this and there is definite value at 3.4. Everton @ 3.4 Betfair Manchester United vs Manchester City United have seen a slight dip in form recently with the 3 draws in a row before 2 penalties seen them past Otelul Galati. Meanwhile Man City have moved to the top of the league after beating Blackburn 0-4 and Villa 4-1 and will definitley have got a huge lift after the late winner against Villarreal. With City going to Old Trafford as leaders I think the price is too high and see value in them to win at 3/1. I'll be using my free £50 bet for this one so dont need to bother with the DNB. Manchester City @ 3/1 Bet365
:clap

Arsenal vs Stoke Stoke are a very organised squad and Pulis have done a great job, but Arsenal just have too much quality and at home, Arsenal 4/7 looks to have juicy value. 10/10 stake. QPR vs Chelsea Under 2.5 @ 5/4 (10/10 VC), and also not something i usually do: Chelsea 1 - 0 and Chelsea 2 - 0 @ overall odds of about 13/5
Good win for the Arsenal game, and won main bet for the QPR-Chelsea game. What a game that was, Chelsea down to 9 men through 2 sending offs in the first half, then Villas-Boas organises his men in the second half into a competitive unit and could even have had something out of the game! In the end it was a penalty that seperated the sides.

Fulham vs Everton the Draw looks to have abit of value @ 23/10, as I dont really see any of these sides losing this fixture. 5/10 units.
All was going well at 1 - 1 until a stoppage time goal gave everton the lead. But to be fair Zamora missed such a chance to win it for fulham also. Still pleased with the bet as it was a tight game that went to the end, hopefully on another day that would have come through. :(
Rovers vs Spurs Just a small stake on this one, simple reason because i feel although Rovers will have all home fixtures and seem like an away fixture, Spurs 10/11 looks abit short. small punt @ DRAW 11/4 3/10 units @ VC.
Well, theres no denying that spurs were the obvious favourites to win. Two excellent Van Der Vaart goals sealed the game for spurs. Looking back i still feel the value was in the draw. Rovers though poor deserved a point out of this game and 1 - 1 was probably a fair result. But you dont have to win many backing odds of 11/4 to make a profit.

All was going well at 1 - 1 until a stoppage time goal gave everton the lead. But to be fair Zamora missed such a chance to win it for fulham also. Still pleased with the bet as it was a tight game that went to the end, hopefully on another day that would have come through. :( Well, theres no denying that spurs were the obvious favourites to win. Two excellent Van Der Vaart goals sealed the game for spurs. Looking back i still feel the value was in the draw. Rovers though poor deserved a point out of this game and 1 - 1 was probably a fair result. But you dont have to win many backing odds of 11/4 to make a profit.
Spurs deserved the win thoroughly mate! Kean will be lucky if he is still in a job in the morning. As for backing 11/4 shots, you have to win 2 out of every 3 11/4 shots to have any reasonable profit, so you do have to win a lot of them.

Spurs deserved the win thoroughly mate! Kean will be lucky if he is still in a job in the morning. As for backing 11/4 shots, you have to win 2 out of every 3 11/4 shots to have any reasonable profit, so you do have to win a lot of them.
I dont know why you keep disagreeing with my reviews, i imagine its probably Utd getting thrashed at home by your rivals. Blackburn rovers had twice the ball posession and twice the shots at goal with more on and off target than spurs. If you missed watching the match heres a link for the stats: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15325543.stm. Its harsh for football managers that only results matter, so it doesnt matter how blackburn rovers perform its only the results the board will take into account. "As for backing 11/4 shots, you have to win 2 out of every 3 11/4 shots to have any reasonable profit" I only have to win 4 out of 15 @ 11/4 to break even, winning two out of three to have any reasonable profit? What margins do you get as a punter? Winning 2/3 at 11/4 will give you margins of well over 200%.

I dont know why you keep disagreeing with my reviews' date=' i imagine its probably Utd getting thrashed at home by your rivals. Blackburn rovers had twice the ball posession and twice the shots at goal with more on and off target than spurs. If you missed watching the match heres a link for the stats: [url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15325543.stm. Its harsh for football managers that only results matter, so it doesnt matter how blackburn rovers perform its only the results the board will take into account. "As for backing 11/4 shots, you have to win 2 out of every 3 11/4 shots to have any reasonable profit" I only have to win 4 out of 15 @ 11/4 to break even, winning two out of three to have any reasonable profit? What margins do you get as a punter? Winning 2/3 at 11/4 will give you margins of well over 200%.
Only winding you up mate! :lol Blackburn were by far the best side and if you get 1 in 3 11/4 shots up you would stay in good profit! Thought you were very unfortunate with both draw bets actually and well done on the other two! As for United, shock horror, time to hide under a blanket for a few weeks mate :lol

Only winding you up mate! :lol Blackburn were by far the best side and if you get 1 in 3 11/4 shots up you would stay in good profit! Thought you were very unfortunate with both draw bets actually and well done on the other two! As for United, shock horror, time to hide under a blanket for a few weeks mate :lol
:spank

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Arsenal - Stoke under 2.5 @ 2.04 :( Man Utd - Man City under 2.5 @ 2.13 :( Not starting Vidic and having Evans instead led to the mistake for the first goal and then his sending off later on Fulham - Everton under 2.5 @ 1.72 :( Tottenham @ 1.87 :) Chelsea -1.5 @ 2.19 :( Two sending offs and always hard to come back from their. Season record: 33-50 (+4.00)

I dont know why you keep disagreeing with my reviews' date=' i imagine its probably Utd getting thrashed at home by your rivals. Blackburn rovers had twice the ball posession and twice the shots at goal with more on and off target than spurs. If you missed watching the match heres a link for the stats: [url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15325543.stm. Its harsh for football managers that only results matter, so it doesnt matter how blackburn rovers perform its only the results the board will take into account. "As for backing 11/4 shots, you have to win 2 out of every 3 11/4 shots to have any reasonable profit" I only have to win 4 out of 15 @ 11/4 to break even, winning two out of three to have any reasonable profit? What margins do you get as a punter? Winning 2/3 at 11/4 will give you margins of well over 200%.
Don't use BBC for match stats, they're especially woeful with possession stats, you really think Blackburn had 67% of the ball against Spurs? That's lunacy. Look at any papers with the match report and Sky etc and they all report 55% to Spurs, which seemed accurate having watched the game.