** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23

Djordje

Saturday 22 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swansea City (12:45 BST) 2.1 3.6 4.2 99.21 %
maximize.gif Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion (15:00 BST) 2 3.6 4.5 100.00 %
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland (15:00 BST) 2.3 3.4 3.65 100.29 %
maximize.gif Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic (15:00 BST) 1.62 4 6.6 101.88 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Norwich City (17:30 BST) 1.33 5.9 13 99.64 %
Sunday 23 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Arsenal v Stoke City (13:30 BST) 1.62 4.33 7.5 98.14 %
maximize.gif Fulham v Everton (13:30 BST) 2.4 3.4 3.35 100.93 %
maximize.gif Manchester United v Manchester City (13:30 BST) 2.1 3.6 4 100.40 %
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Tottenham Hotspur (15:00 BST) 4.33 3.7 2 100.10 %
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea (16:00 BST) 9.6 4.9 1.44 100.06 %

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Early in the week but I'm taking some early ones again like last week. 3 stand out to me. Man United to beat Man City @ 2.10 (Bet365:6pts) United at over evens - I'd back them at home against any side in Europe tbh. United have been absolutely formidable at home in recent years, this season alone they've already beaten Spurs 3-0, us 8-2 and Chelsea 3-1. Rooney was restored to the side last night and scored a couple, they can also partner Rio and Vidic together for this one with both fit, that makes a big difference. City have started the season well but can Mancini go to a big side away and deliver, I'm doubtful. I'd guess that he'll pick a hard-working side and may start with a couple of attackers on the bench, possibly Aguero or Nasri(who has been crap for City so far). Big game for both sides but I was expecting 1.8-1.9 for a United win here so this is value to me. Arsenal to beat Stoke @ 1.617 (Pinnacle:8pts) I've been taking advantage of the bookies pricing us up quite well at home to middle-bottom sides recently, we've won our games against Swansea, Bolton, Sunderland at home so far. We are above 1.60 for this one and that is a good price IMO. Stoke are a very tough side but away from home they are a totally different animal in stark contrast with the team at the Britannia - their away record this season is 1w-1d-2l, comprehensively beaten by Swansea and Sunderland away, nicked a late draw at Norwich and somehow got out of West Brom with a 1-0 win as I thought they were second best for most of that one. We play tonight in France but this is an early kickoff on Sunday so not too concerned about fatigue. A frontline of Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho/Arshavin and Song/Arteta/Ramsey should give us an edge in this one and I can see Stoke's attack being isolated and them forced to defend for long spells. A narrow Arsenal win in my view. Spurs to beat Blackburn @ 2.00 (Boylesports:6pts) I usually dont touch Spurs away from home but I really think they'll beat Blackburn in this one. Not impressed by Blackburn at all, they look weak in many areas of the pitch and I think Spurs are well set-up to take them out with plenty of pace on the break. They had a tough draw at Newcastle last week, but had a couple of half chances to go 3-1 ahead but failed, anyway it took a big effort from Newcastle to get a draw there and well deserved. My worry is that Spurs sometimes concede too easily but I think any sort of half-decent defensive performance from them on Sunday will be enough as I see them breaching Blackburn at least a couple of times. GL!.......:hope

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 I think their might be value with Norwich on the handicap, what are yer thoughts? They play a very nice brand of football and had enough chances at Old Trafford to win the game. They were very good last weekend and i wouldnt be surprised to see them put it up to Liverpool at Anfield either.. Also agree with you about United IAmGooner, i think United at odds-against is decent value, i priced United up at 4/5 on my tissue. Then again it is a huge derby and United are not playing very well! Bound to be a goalfest at Old Trafford this weekend.. 3-2 United ? :ok

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Not sure about goals myself up at Old Trafford. It's a massive game that neither side can really afford to lose. Even at this stage of the season I think three points either way could be like a kick in the nuts. I think either Mancini or SAF will be happy with a point here.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23

Not sure about goals myself up at Old Trafford. It's a massive game that neither side can really afford to lose. Even at this stage of the season I think three points either way could be like a kick in the nuts. I think either Mancini or SAF will be happy with a point here.
I dont think so Jase. I think Fergie will be very very eager to get 3 points against City this weekend, not only for the teams morale but just to give City a kick in the nuts too... If City come to Old Trafford and get a result they will feel like the power in the City has changed to the blues and it will give them big confidence. I think Fergie will not be happy with anything other than 3 points, i cant imagine him taking a draw at home to our fiercest rivals. And althogh its early in the season, Fergie will want to be looking down at City, not up at them. IMO

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 United and City have had some tough ones at Old Trafford in recent seasons, but United tend to come out on top. On paper City are now better than they were then and their position kinda reflects that, but you have to remember who United have played compared to City - City's toughest game domestically was Spurs away, United have played Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal at home, Liverpool, Stoke away. I've said in other threads, that I am not fully convined by City and especially away to strong sides like United. I think Tevez being frozen out is a massive blow, really feel they could win the league with Tevez and Aguero together. Dzeko just isnt in the same class. Nasri has also flattered to deceive so far, leaving Silva to carry the offensive threat recently. As it stands I think United are still a better side, home advantage aswell, imo City will be happy with a point while United will be going all out for the win. A Rooney bicycle kick again would be nice.....:eek

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 I also want to say that Man.City is not a team that can take anything from Old Trafford. They do have good players and only managed easy wins against mid-table sides. Look at their performance in Champions League they only managed 1-1 draw against Napoli, lost to B.Munich 0-2 and yesterday needed a stoppage time goal to get 3 points against out of form Villarreal. Man.United @ 2.10 (5 units) William Hill

Tottenham aren't a mid-table side.
Yes,Tottenham is the only strong team they have faced so far in the domestic league.Remember that Tottenham had a host of injuries for the match against City,van der Vaart,Modric and a few others were out with injuries and suspensions while Adebayor wasn't there at that time.City played against poor sides at home:Swansea ( lost all 4 matches away from home),Wigan which is my relegation team no 1,Everton which is out of form and Aston Villa ( defended badly,and up front,Agbonlahor managed to fail while having a very big chance at the beginning.They were stupid to start with 3 strikers.Before that,they had a solid defense).Away from home they have faced Tottenham ( with a host of injuries as I have already said),Bolton who has many players injuredand suspended as well,another relegation candidate with Blackburn and Fulham who are just on the 14th place.They have played against 6 teams from the second table and against all 3 teams who are on the relegation spots. I really think that Mancini will start with just 1 striker because his biggest goal is to avoid a defeat.Their injury time winner against Villareal could be boost but offensively their are too addicted to David Silva.Nasri is out of form.So I think United need to stop Silva and Yaya Toure and then it could be a nice match for United. GL to everyone and hopefully United seals the victory:hope

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 I quite like the look of Fulham at home to Everton. Fulham are very reliable at home, good record at the Cottage last season and unbeaten so far in this. Everton have lost their last 3 games, against tough opponents though it must be said. The price of 2.4 @ William Hill looks appealing and I can't see it lasting.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Arsenal v Stoke 1.60 @ Betfair I don't normally like taking low prices but this price is big enough for me to get involved. It's more about Stoke's poor away form rather than the quality of this Arsenal side which is appealing to me. In Stoke's last two games away at Sunderland and Swansea they have lost 4-0 and 2-0 respectively. What's more, the performances in both of these games was very poor. And this is nothing new as Stoke have generally been poor in all away games since coming up to the prem. This season, having the Thursday night Europa games just seems to have made matters worse. The squad is much bigger this season and in certain areas, namely defence and attack, there have been enough players to cope. But in midfield and in particular on the wing, the strain has clearly been showing. Neither Etherington or Pennant have looked fully fit and the extra games aren't helping. They are intrinsic to the way Stoke play so Pulis has been starting them whenever possible. And so far, whether it may be the extrta work load or otherwise, they haven't been on top form. In centre mid, Palacios has been brought in as the main man but he is still not fit. As such, Delap has been starting more games than perhaps Pulis would have liked considering he is 34. He's still doing a good job in the middle but the extra workload isn't helping. Arsenal had a shocking start to the season but are slowly working themselves back up the table. They still look slightly vulnerable at the back but I expect them to be having plenty of attacking play here. With the larger pitch I expect them to get behind Stoke and will have enough oportunities to break their solid defence.

Arsenal v Stoke 1.60 @ Betfair I don't normally like taking low prices but this price is big enough for me to get involved. It's more about Stoke's poor away form rather than the quality of this Arsenal side which is appealing to me. In Stoke's last two games away at Sunderland and Swansea they have lost 4-0 and 2-0 respectively. What's more, the performances in both of these games was very poor. And this is nothing new as Stoke have generally been poor in all away games since coming up to the prem. This season, having the Thursday night Europa games just seems to have made matters worse. The squad is much bigger this season and in certain areas, namely defence and attack, there have been enough players to cope. But in midfield and in particular on the wing, the strain has clearly been showing. Neither Etherington or Pennant have looked fully fit and the extra games aren't helping. They are intrinsic to the way Stoke play so Pulis has been starting them whenever possible. And so far, whether it may be the extrta work load or otherwise, they haven't been on top form. In centre mid, Palacios has been brought in as the main man but he is still not fit. As such, Delap has been starting more games than perhaps Pulis would have liked considering he is 34. He's still doing a good job in the middle but the extra workload isn't helping. Arsenal had a shocking start to the season but are slowly working themselves back up the table. They still look slightly vulnerable at the back but I expect them to be having plenty of attacking play here. With the larger pitch I expect them to get behind Stoke and will have enough oportunities to break their solid defence.
Highly risky taking Arsenal so early, imo. I wouldn't want to back Van Persie, Walcott and the rest managing to get off the team bus without getting injured, never mind with a match tonight and three days before the game. Would this look so appealing if Van Persie was missing?

I also want to say that Man.City is not a team that can take anything from Old Trafford. They do have good players and only managed easy wins against mid-table sides. Look at their performance in Champions League they only managed 1-1 draw against Napoli, lost to B.Munich 0-2 and yesterday needed a stoppage time goal to get 3 points against out of form Villarreal. Man.United @ 2.10 (5 units) William Hill
Champions League is different though (he says even though he backed City last night). The Premier League is the prize, it's the first season they have a real shot at winning it, and this has been backed up by their almost perfect league form. I think both to score would be my call. I can see City scoring, but letting one in too. Off the top of my head, since City's riches, the three games at OT have seen both teams score: 4-3, 3-1 (Carling Cup) 2-1.

Not sure about goals myself up at Old Trafford. It's a massive game that neither side can really afford to lose. Even at this stage of the season I think three points either way could be like a kick in the nuts. I think either Mancini or SAF will be happy with a point here.
I disagree, mate. United happy with a draw at home? And City are different to the last two seasons under Mancini. He said at the start of the season they're gonna be more adventurous, and could you see a side with probably Silva, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero grinding out a 0-0? Perhaps the game at Bayern provides an insight in to City's approach to the bigger games from now on.

I disagree, mate. United happy with a draw at home? And City are different to the last two seasons under Mancini. He said at the start of the season they're gonna be more adventurous, and could you see a side with probably Silva, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero grinding out a 0-0? Perhaps the game at Bayern provides an insight in to City's approach to the bigger games from now on.
You've gotta play these games tactically though, and I try to get inside the respective managers heads a bit too. I mean, if they come out, go for it, and end up getting turned over, like I say, three points lost to your main rival here is a huge blow. Not just on the table, but physiologically too. SAF will be aware of this. Plenty of time to rack up points on the board. I think United were happy with a point up at Anfield last week too.

Highly risky taking Arsenal so early, imo. I wouldn't want to back Van Persie, Walcott and the rest managing to get off the team bus without getting injured, never mind with a match tonight and three days before the game. Would this look so appealing if Van Persie was missing?
As I said in the post, it is as much to do with Stoke's shocking away performances as it is Arsenal. Whatever side Wenger puts out, I think it will be good enough to beat Stoke who are terrible on the road. I have seen enough of these games believe me. Arsenal may only have 3 nights rest, but that is one more than Stoke who are playing in the Europa league on Thursday night. I expect the price on Arsenal to go only one way. Down. That's why I was jumping on early.

You've gotta play these games tactically though' date=' and I try to get inside the respective managers heads a bit too. I mean, if they come out, go for it, and end up getting turned over, like I say, three points lost to your main rival here is a huge blow. Not just on the table, but physiologically too. SAF will be aware of this. Plenty of time to rack up points on the board. I think United were happy with a point up at Anfield last week too.[/quote'] Of course us United fans and SAF were happy with a point at Liverpool, Anfield is a tough place to go to. However do you think Fergie would be happy with 2 points from a possible 6 available? I dont think so. Fergie expects to win every home game that United play and if your talking about getting inside Fergie's head, i can picture him thinking that he would just LOVE to get the win over City and show them who's boss! If you think United are going to be set up for a draw this weekend and will happily take a draw, i personally think your mistaken! City on the other hand would be delighted with a draw at Old Trafford... United NEVER play for or are happy with a draw at home, its not in their nature. IMO

Of course us United fans and SAF were happy with a point at Liverpool, Anfield is a tough place to go to. However do you think Fergie would be happy with 2 points from a possible 6 available? I dont think so. Fergie expects to win every home game that United play and if your talking about getting inside Fergie's head, i can picture him thinking that he would just LOVE to get the win over City and show them who's boss! If you think United are going to be set up for a draw this weekend and will happily take a draw, i personally think your mistaken! City on the other hand would be delighted with a draw at Old Trafford... United NEVER play for or are happy with a draw at home, its not in their nature. IMO
Add to the fact United drew with Stoke before Anfield aswell, they won't want three draws on the trot. Ferguson will be looking for a big performance here and who would back against Man Utd at home, City would be delighted with a point but at home Utd will be looking to put a marker down here.

Add to the fact United drew with Stoke before Anfield aswell' date=' they won't want three draws on the trot. Ferguson will be looking for a big performance here and who would back against Man Utd at home, City would be delighted with a point but at home Utd will be looking to put a marker down here.[/quote'] Fully agree! I cant ever remember a time in all the years Fergie has been manager that he would be content with a draw at Old Trafford. Fergie sets extremely high standards, and surely one of his standards is try win as many home games as possible, the fans that go to Old Trafford every week pay a lot of money and expect a win no matter the opposition. I know its early in the season and a draw would not be the end of the world, but i feel now with De Jong back in the side that Mancini is going to play a defensive side this weekend, 5 across the middle and try make it difficult for United. I certainly cant see City coming out and attacking United. Im hoping for a United win, but it will be difficult! Need to buck up the performance levels bigtime, but im sure they will for this match. This will sort the men from the boys and put a marker down

Champions League is different though (he says even though he backed City last night). The Premier League is the prize, it's the first season they have a real shot at winning it, and this has been backed up by their almost perfect league form. I think both to score would be my call. I can see City scoring, but letting one in too. Off the top of my head, since City's riches, the three games at OT have seen both teams score: 4-3, 3-1 (Carling Cup) 2-1.
But both to score is @ 1.60 or something. Little bit low IMO. I backed City because Villarreal are not playing well at the moment and still Citizens needed a late goal to get all 3 points.

I think their might be value with Norwich on the handicap, what are yer thoughts? They play a very nice brand of football and had enough chances at Old Trafford to win the game. They were very good last weekend and i wouldnt be surprised to see them put it up to Liverpool at Anfield either.. Also agree with you about United IAmGooner, i think United at odds-against is decent value, i priced United up at 4/5 on my tissue. Then again it is a huge derby and United are not playing very well! Bound to be a goalfest at Old Trafford this weekend.. 3-2 United ? :ok
agreed on Norwich, but "some handicap" is now +1.5, which definitely can come in, but imo the safer option is both to score, which is currently trading at 2.06 with betfair Norwich are playing good football atm, they gave a hard test to United and I think they will try to get a point here as well

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Manu-City pick under2.75 Pinnacle 1.93 Dont know if more money will go on overs, but seems to be a public bet I see city have a very cautious approach and it looks to me that manu hasnt got the firepower they got at the beginning of the season(will be back hopefully not sunday for my bet) I was rating this line as a 1.75 1.8, and took the choice to take it s it appears already as value to me.An early goal will definitely kill my bet and match would be very opened still the possibility to cover me on live though :hope

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Blackburn Rovers Vs. Tottenham Hotspurs Selection: Tottenham Hotspurs @ 1.95 Stan James Stake: 9/10 I fancy Tottenham to take all 3 points this weekend against Blackburn and at odds of 1.95 I will be taking Stan James on. The odds for the Tottenham victory have been dropping so I have decided to put my money on before the value drops out of this bet. I would have expected the odds for the away win to be closer to 1.85 and the market seems to be pushing the price towards that line. Tottenham have one of the best starting XI's in the Premiership and are playing well. They are in good form going 4-0-1 in their last 5 EPL games. I watched their performance last weekend away at Newcastle and while they only came away with a 2-2 draw I feel that both teams played very well. Tottenham were also in action this Thursday in the Europa league but fielded a B team so I don't think fatigue will be a problem come Sunday. The only real negative for Spurs at the moment is their defensive worries with King, Gallas, Dawson, and Corluka all set to miss out. Harry Redknap may have to play a midfielder in defense but I don't think it will be a huge issue. Blackburn have really struggled this season and on current evaluation I think they are set for the drop this year. They were able to muster a determined draw last weekend with a 1-1 draw at QPR but were also tonked the week before 4-0 by Man City at home. The week before that they lost 3-1 at Newcastle who Spurs were able to draw 2-2 with. While Blackburn may traditionally have been tough to beat at home I think the tide may have turned. The home advantage for Blackburn may be nullified by a fan protest of Steve Keen's reign as manager. While the players have publicly given their backing of the manager I feel that confidence after recent results (1-2-2 EPL) must be low. With odds close to evens I think the away win looks promising. Good luck :hope

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 well. you can place me squarely in the camp that believes Manchester United at 2.05 (5dimes) is a price I will gladly back vs anyone who visits Old Trafford (except maybe Barce/Real) City have certainly come on, are a strong force, and look like worthy contenders to Utd this year. But this Man Utd squad come to play in the big games whereas City are still unproven in my mind. City have proven they can beat up on the chumps, but what will they do in matches like these? Mancini may be looking just for a point, as he has done in previous seasons with the big fixtures on the road. Maybe he will change that attitude this year with the squad having as much quality as it does? Who knows, but Manchester United have won 19 straight in the league and since they will certainly be up for it I find these odds a good opportunity. gl

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 22/23 Pretty boring games this weekend apart from the Manchester derby, and i think needs some attention: Villa vs Wbrom Villa have made a fair start to the season being unbeaten until last week. However, their perfromances have not been the best. Bent doesnt look like his old self, Nzogbia looks to have "slowed down" since joining from Wigan and Agbonlahor looks like the only player who might score goals for Villa. The defence is very inconsistant, they can be brilliant one week but can easily switch off another week and let easy goals and own goals in ("Oops I Dunn it again"). Still, Villa have got good players and will be trying to build on their decent start. Hodgson have made a slow start this season with West brom despite ending the last campaign on a high. However his signings have really started to gel together and Shane Long looks to be worth every penny of his transfer price and will score goals. Aston Villa win priced in around EVS looks abit short to me, and ill be keeping an eye out for Wbrom +0.5. Newcastle also look awlfully short against a poor wigan side. Yes newcastle are looking to be a great side but they still lack a real quality player under the tight nose of Mike Ashley. Their teamwork and good spirits is getting them through, but there will always come a week where things dont go right, which makes odds of 8/13 too short to back, needing to win this fixture over 63% of the time for profits. Wigan are inconsistant, but i fancy them to pull off a good performance to end that streak. Wigan +0.5 @ around 13/8 looks good atm.

But both to score is @ 1.60 or something. Little bit low IMO. I backed City because Villarreal are not playing well at the moment and still Citizens needed a late goal to get all 3 points.
1.60 seems about right to me, mate, with the history of this fixture, calibre of attacker. Would be lovely if it was 1.80 or something, but the bookies aren't in this to make us easy money, are they? ;)

If United score first it will probably end 2 or even more to nill. Not sure that City will be able to score as well. If City score first the game will be wide open for the both teams!

1.60 seems about right to me' date=' mate, with the history of this fixture, calibre of attacker. Would be lovely if it was 1.80 or something, but the bookies aren't in this to make us easy money, are they? ;)[/quote'] I would agree that the odds look fair Alex. Both teams score for fun, and the last 3 fixtures at Old Trafford have been 4-3, 3-1 and 2-1... Its hard to see United not scoring, and it is equally hard to see City not scoring with the way United are playing at the moment. I just hope United get more goals than City!