** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ghana Premier League Season 2011/2012

Hearts of Oak v Mighty Jets This is a local derby and the most obvious bet that comes to mind is under. Last season Jets beat Hearts 1-0 in the first leg and lost 1-2 in the reverse fixture. Hearts have proven they have a solid defence but poor striking ability and this game has 1-0 or 0-0 written all over. Mighty Jets equally have the same problem as Hearts. Good defence but poor attack. I was hoping for under 1.5 but since none is available, i will settle for the under 2.5 in a combo. Ebusua Dwarfs v Bechem United Dwarfs are a typical home team and pick most of their points at home. They surprised me last week by picking a point away to Ash Gold in what we all thought they will lose. Bechem gained promotion this year and lost their first game at home to Edubiase. Going to Cape Coast will be a difficult task for the new entrants and I expect them to lose their second game in as many matches. I expected odds of 1.4 for home team so 1.48 is ok for me. PICK: Ebusua Dwarfs + under 2.5 = 1.92 @ BWIN 3/10 New Edubiase v Heart of Lions I am taking the odds on both teams to score. Both teams won their first games last week. Edubiase are also a typical home team but for this match their coach Tony Commey may not be on the bench as he lost his wife last week. Edubiase can score but are a bit frail at the back and with their tactician likely to be absent, Lions are very capable to capitalise on their poor concentration and also get a goal. PICK: Both teams to score @ 2.75 BWIN 2/10

Re: Ghana Premier League Season 2011/2012 BAD START SORRY FOLKS Ebusua Dwarfs 2 Bechem United 0 Hearts of Oak 2 Mighty Jets 1. 3 penalties given for all 3 goals in a game which was dull and should have ended 0-0 thus ruining my double New Edubiase 1 Heart of Lions 0

Re: Ghana Premier League Season 2011/2012 Guys you have to be fast as only 30 mins to go. BWIN took off oddsa and just brought it back Bechem United v Asante Kotoko I was patiently waiting for BWIN to make a mistake and yes they did. The odds offered is purely a gift. Kotoko are one of the traditional giants in Ghana and just like Hearts of Oak they can beat any team in Ghana on any day. Bechem United just got promoted and have lost both games so far. They are yet to complete their park and have adopted the Baba Yara stadium in Kumasi as their home grounds which is the home of Kotoko. Kotoko have the largest following in Ghana and with their fearsome 3 prong attack of Ivorian Ahmed Toure, Nat Asamoah and Alex Asamoah, many teams in Ghana will find it exteremely difficult containing them. Bechem come into this game minus their Serbian trainer who resigned earlier this week and have a stop gap coach. Kotoko last week demolished AshGold a more formidable side by 3-0 and if they don’t underrate Bechem a similar scoreline will be seen. However Kotoko can disappoint but with the odds of 2.60, I am on without blinking. Anything above 1.50 is value as far as i am concerned. PICK: Kotoko to win @ 2.60 BWIN 4/10 Tema Youth v Aduana Stars I am going for the home side simply because they play on artificial turf. There are only 3 artificial turfs in Ghana. 2 of these are owned by soccer academies namely Red Bull Salzburg academy and Gomoa Fetteh Feyenoord Academy. The other one is the home ground of Tema Youth and they normally have the urge over other sides due to this. This game wouldn’t see lots of goals but the odds on under is too low as such I am willing to take Tema Youth to beat Aduana Stars. It looks like a 1-0 game. PICK: Tema Youth to win @ 2.10 BWIN 2/10