** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series

kevshat

With the Champions League done and dusted it's back to international cricket with a number of series beginning this week. The first one, Bangladesh vs West Indies begins with a T20 international on Tuesday followed by 3 ODI's. To my knowledge there is no UK televised coverage of this series so I don't know how many markets we'll get or how much interest it will generate in a busy period but I've started a thread for those who want a punt on it. I won't stick it though. Schedule:

Tue Oct 11 11:00 GMT | 17:00 local 12:00 BST Only T20I - Bangladesh v West Indies Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur 32.png 28 - 34° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Thu Oct 13 07:30 GMT | 13:30 local 08:30 BST 1st ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur 32.png 26 - 32° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Sat Oct 15 07:30 GMT | 13:30 local 08:30 BST 2nd ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur 34.png 26 - 32° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Tue Oct 18 07:30 GMT | 13:30 local 08:30 BST 3rd ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
N/A

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series I'll play the T20 match. 3pts West Indies -3.5wickets/20.5runs 11/10 Sportingbet I'm not overly sure why this handicap is such a big price. Bangladesh are awful these days and the sacking of Shakib as captain has only made them even more unbackable in this match because they just appear to be in disarray to me. This match is being played on the same ground as West Indies bowled Bangladesh out for 50 odd on in the World Cup and although this isn't a Windies side as good as that one was it's an ok side and one which is improved on the one which played England last month with their key Trinidad players back for this match. Even without the likes of Simmons, Bravo, Barath and Rampaul the West Indies still won the 2nd of those T20 matches against an England side who are a lot better than what this Bangladesh team is. West Indies won't be too alien to conditions because they play on a lot of slow wickets back home now so with Bangladesh looking a bit of a shambles at the minute after losing in Zimbabwe, I'll take the Windies with the cap here. 1pt ew M.Samuels Top West Indies Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 123) Although this is a better West Indies batting line up than the one Marlon Samuels top scored in at The Oval last month I still think he's a fair price here with every chance of top scoring. In the 20 over warm up match Samuels scored a century so he's at the top of his game right now. He plays spin really well which is pretty much a must out in Bangladesh so he's got all the tools needed to top score here. Barath, Simmons and Bravo are back but Barath certainly doesn't play spin brilliantly and I'm yet to be convinced Lendl Simmons plays it well. Samuels will score quicker than most while he's at the crease so I see no reason why he can't top score in this T20 match.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series Cheers mate :ok. +3.6pts from the T20 match and there's one outright I like the look of too. 2pts M.Rahim Top Bangladesh Series Batsman 11/2 Bet365 I like Mushfiqur Rahim with the bat. Like all wicket keepers he's gutsy but when he's in he's got all the shots, as the Windies saw on Tuesday when he won the game with the bat for Bangladesh. Rahim has been 2nd overall in Bangladesh's last two ODI series. He was 2nd behind Mahmudallah against Australia but Mahmudallah isn't fit for this series while Shakib outscored him by 8 runs in the Zimbabwe series. Since then Rahim has taken over the captaincy and with that will bring a lot of batting responsibility, so much so that I think he will move himself up to number four in the batting line up which gives him a wonderful chance of top scoring from there, particularly with the new powerplay rules which are in place now. Tamim Iqbal and Shakib will always be dangers but I like the form of Rahim as well as the way he bats. He has 9 ODI 50's and a century so we know he can play big innings and at 11/2 I think he could lead the run charts in his first series as captain.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series 3 for me for the opening ODI. 3pts Bangladesh Highest 1st 15 overs 13/10 Bet365 Taking a little bit of a risk here but it's a risk I feel is worth taking. Bangladesh are almost certain to bowl spin in the first 15 overs, especially now that bowling powerplay can't be used until the 16th over, and we've seen in the recent past how awful West Indies batsmen are at playing spin. They get stuck playing spin so I don't see them getting much rhythm. Even Shafiul's seam isn't easy to get away as we saw at the World Cup where he bowled pretty well. Lendl Simmons isn't what you would call a dasher either. Bangladesh don't have a lot going for them in international cricket at the minute but one thing they do have is Tamim Iqbal and if he bats 10 of the first 15 overs then with the way he takes attacks apart this one will be over with overs to spare. Imrul Kayes is no slouch alongside Tamim although admittedly he's no Tamim and then Ashraful who came in at 3 in the T20 plays his shots too. Windies are likely to send some pace down in the first 15 overs which should be easier to hit and while I think in the end Windies might have too much for Bangladesh I'm not so sure they will over the first 15 overs. With a new ball at each end the ball should come onto Tamim's bat for longer so I think the 13/10 Bangladesh lead through 15 overs is good value. 4pts M.Rahim's Performance Pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. As I said above I really like Mushfiqur Rahim as a cricketer and I think this line is low enough for him to cover. Were he to get a stumping then this total would be almost achieved but as I've said before it's his batting which impresses me. Technically he's sound and he has a lot of shots. With the two optional powerplays now having to be used between 16-40 overs he could spent 10 powerplay overs at the crease which would enhance his scoring potential. He's covered this total in 6 of his last 8 ODI's and we've just seen him cover it easily in the T20 match. With Bangladesh likely to bowl upwards of 35 overs of spin his stumping potential is large as his is batting potential. I'm happy to take the overs here. 1pt ew M.Samuels Top West Indies Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) At this price I've got absolutely no reason to desert Samuels after landing the cash with him the other night. Even with Kieron Pollard in the Windies line up for this match I still think this is a cracking price. Marlon Samuels, for me, is easily the best player of spin in this West Indian side and that is something which can't be ignored given the nature of the wickets and the amount of spin the Windies batsmen will face. He top scored by 35 in the T20 match the other day and hit a ton and a second placed 30 in the warm up matches. He too is likely to be batting in powerplay overs and at 11/2 he looks a cracking bet for a second match in a row on this tour.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series Two for tomorrow. 4pts S.al-Hasan's Performance Pts - 42&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Shakib scored 67 in the first ODI which was also on this ground and they all came with the bat after the wicket didn't really turn like most expected. I expect this wicket to turn though so in turn I expect Shakib to be a lot more effective than he was in the first game. Bangladesh have to win this match to remain in the series so it makes no sense were this wicket to be another flat wicket which offers no turn when they usually look to bowl upwards of 35 overs of spin. We saw in the first game what he can do with the bat and when the wicket offers turn he can spin the ball past the bat or he has the arm ball which means he can beat the bat the other way so he's always a danger and barring injury or something strange he'll bowl his 10 overs. He's not the worst fielder in the world either so this total of 42 is well within his reach so I will play the overs here. 1pt ew M.Samuels Top West Indies Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I still don't see why Marlon Samuels is an each way price here but I'm not going to complain. The wicket didn't really turn in the first ODI which allowed Lendl Simmons to outscore him but I'm pretty confident this one will do which should give Samuels a major advantage, as we saw in the T20 match here earlier in the week. It looks like he's going to be batting at 3 throughout this series so everything points to him being a solid each way bet here.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series Not bad indeed mate :lol. Both bets were full winners there for a 9.94 pick up which puts me +6.64 for the limited overs matches overall. 3rd ODI is on Tuesday but there's meant to be a fair chance of rain so I'm only going to hit one for the game which is purely price based. I wouldn't necessarily be too unhappy with a washout as Rahim currently leads the Bangladesh run charts. 1pt ew M.Samuels Top West Indies Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I can't believe Marlon Samuels is still 11/2 in this match after we've skinned Coral twice in three matches so far on this tour. It took a century to deny him the top score in the one he was 2nd in as well. This Chittagong wicket is meant to turn a lot more than the Dhaka one which will only play further into Samuels' hands here because as I've harped on about all series he is head and shoulders the best player of spin on this West Indies side. He shouldn't be 11/2 still regardless of what's gone on in the series to date but given what's gone on it's even more of a crazy price. Any shortening in the overs isn't going to kill us because he has been batting at 3 so at 11/2 this has to be another solid each way punt.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series Well after Samuels scored 5 I thought the bet was dead but he could still get the each-way money with Windies 45/7. :rollin EDIT - You couldn't make it up, 3rd highest, unless 'extras' count. :rollin

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series

Cheers mate :ok. +3.6pts from the T20 match and there's one outright I like the look of too. 2pts M.Rahim Top Bangladesh Series Batsman 11/2 Bet365 I like Mushfiqur Rahim with the bat. Like all wicket keepers he's gutsy but when he's in he's got all the shots, as the Windies saw on Tuesday when he won the game with the bat for Bangladesh. Rahim has been 2nd overall in Bangladesh's last two ODI series. He was 2nd behind Mahmudallah against Australia but Mahmudallah isn't fit for this series while Shakib outscored him by 8 runs in the Zimbabwe series. Since then Rahim has taken over the captaincy and with that will bring a lot of batting responsibility, so much so that I think he will move himself up to number four in the batting line up which gives him a wonderful chance of top scoring from there, particularly with the new powerplay rules which are in place now. Tamim Iqbal and Shakib will always be dangers but I like the form of Rahim as well as the way he bats. He has 9 ODI 50's and a century so we know he can play big innings and at 11/2 I think he could lead the run charts in his first series as captain.
Top Shout :nana:notworthy:clap:cigar:drums:cheers (Enough?)

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs West Indies T20 International & ODI Series Cheers mate. First time I can recall getting an each way payout in an all out innings with a score of 5 but I'll take it. That coupled with Rahim top scoring for the series meant Tuesday was a nice day. +17.74pts for the series overall.