** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Non-league Oct 10-12

BlueSQ Bet Prem Tuesday 11 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Alfreton Town v Lincoln City (19:45 BST) 11/8 12/5 5/2 99.66 %
maximize.gif Bath City v Cambridge United (19:45 BST) 23/10 12/5 11/8 101.73 %
maximize.gif Ebbsfleet United v Luton Town (19:45 BST) 9/2 14/5 3/4 101.63 %
maximize.gif Fleetwood Town v Newport County (19:45 BST) 8/15 10/3 13/2 101.00 %
maximize.gif Grimsby Town v Barrow (19:45 BST) 19/20 5/2 7/2 101.67 %
maximize.gif Hayes & Yeading v Forest Green Rovers (19:45 BST) 7/5 12/5 11/5 101.56 %
maximize.gif Kettering Town v Braintree Town (19:45 BST) 9/5 12/5 13/8 103.04 %
maximize.gif Kidderminster Harriers v AFC Telford United (19:45 BST) 19/20 5/2 7/2 101.41 %
maximize.gif Southport v York City (19:45 BST) 13/5 5/2 5/4 100.79 %
maximize.gif Stockport County v Darlington (19:45 BST) 5/4 12/5 5/2 102.23 %
FA Trophy replays Tuesday 11 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Clitheroe v Salford City (19:45 BST) 5/4 5/2 8/5 111.77 %
maximize.gif Faversham Town v Walton Casuals (19:45 BST) 3/4 5/2 11/4 112.09 %
Evo-Stik Northern Prem Monday 10 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bradford Park Avenue v Kendal Town (19:45 BST) 8/11 14/5 3 109.02 %
Tuesday 11 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Chasetown v Stocksbridge Park Steels (19:45 BST) 4/6 14/5 10/3 109.39 %
maximize.gif Chorley v Rushall Olympic (19:45 BST) 4/5 11/4 11/4 108.89 %
maximize.gif Frickley Athletic v FC United of Manchester (19:45 BST) 9/5 13/5 6/5 108.95 %
maximize.gif Marine v Hednesford Town (19:45 BST) 8/5 13/5 13/10 109.72 %
maximize.gif Nantwich Town v Matlock Town (19:45 BST) 13/10 13/5 8/5 109.72 %
maximize.gif North Ferriby United v Ashton United (19:45 BST) 7/5 13/5 6/4 109.44 %
maximize.gif Stafford Rangers v Mickleover Sports (19:45 BST) 10/11 13/5 9/4 110.90 %
Wednesday 12 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Burscough v Northwich Victoria (19:45 BST) 9/2 10/3 1/2 108.66 %
maximize.gif Buxton v Chester FC (19:45 BST) 4 10/3 8/15 109.03 %
maximize.gif Whitby Town v Worksop Town (19:45 BST) 5/4 13/5 7/4 108.59 %
Ryman Prem Tuesday 11 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Leatherhead v East Thurrock United (19:45 BST) 6/4 13/5 7/5 109.44 %
maximize.gif Wingate & Finchley v Harrow Borough (19:45 BST) 11/10 13/5 19/10 110.00 %
Evo-Stik Southern Prem Tuesday 11 Oct Bedford Town v St Albans City 1 - 7/5 (Bet 365) x - 13/5 (Bet 365) 2 - 7/5 (Bet 365)

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Oct 10-12 Worksop Town away at Whitby Town (17/10 Sporting Bet) It's too early to say whether Worksop are experiencing a rebirth under Simon Clark but they've a talented enough squad to be doing much better than bottom six and they were carrying much more of a goal threat than of late against Nantwich Town. They have been very poor away from home, but they are up against a Whitby side who boast a 0-4-2 record at home, and who have much less room for manoeuvre in the market. I'm taking a refreshed Worksop squad to land a win against a Whitby side with one eye on the cup. Kendal Town away at Bradford Park Avenue (10/3 widespread) Kendal's price has been drifting after a rocky spell - six without a win - where they have been disrupted by injuries and red cards, and during which they've faced some quality sides. They could easily have won the last two drawn games against Buxton and Marine, though away showings have been, admittedly, poor. BPA's promotion credentials are coming in for some scrutiny after a run of poor performances. There are seven points between these sides in the table, but I rate them as much closer than the prices for the game suggest, though it's definitely a risky play.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Oct 10-12 Ebbsfleet v Luton

When I went to see Ebbsfleet play Newport back in August I was quite impressed with the way the home side played against what I thought at the time would be a team near the top. Obviously in hindsight that performance doesn’t look as strong given what Newport have been like this season. Ebbsfleet have been struggling for form themselves and have only a win against Bath and a point against Alfreton as highlights from their last six matches. To be fair to them they have had a pretty hard set of fixtures having played Fleetwood, Wrexham and Gateshead in that spell, but it doesn’t get any easier on Tuesday night as they host a Luton side who are getting stronger by the day. Luton’s long injury list is easing and with two decent wins against Barrow and Kidderminster they seem to be over their little blip. Ebbsfleet are missing vital players at the moment through injury and international duty which is not helping their cause and I find it hard to see them getting anything from this game. Luton can be frustrating at times but they do have it within themselves to go out and score plenty of goals against the weaker teams in the division and I think they can win by at least two clear goals, which is why I am taking Paddy Power’s 15/8 on them overcoming -1 on the handicap.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Oct 10-12

Was always only a matter of time but finally Steve Tilson has been relieved of his duties at Lincoln. I still feel Alfreton could be a touch of value tomorrow night though. Thoughts anyone?
To be honest, I can't see a lot in the price. Alfreton do seem to be getting closer to something like an organised way of doing things at home, but clean sheets are rare, which gives any visiting team a chance. What they have over Lincoln is a vague semblance of team spirit. I wonder if the squad that Tilson put together is physically up to the job of bruising it out on a weekly basis? It's probably not the case that they are a good team waiting to get out; rather, they're a collection of individuals who lack leadership on and off the field. It's hard to see that changing overnight. Alfreton are probably the play, but there is not quite enough in the price for me.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Oct 10-12 Just a couple of spreads for me tonight... Grimsby Town are at times putting on decent shows these days, and I'm sure they have enough to exploit a Barrow side that doesn't travel well, or at least can't get through an away game without having a painfully bad spell. Grimsby have generally been scorers and conceders at home, thanks to a progressive approach, and I'm selling the time of Grimsby's 2nd goal at 69 (Sporting and Spreadex). A second play is a buy of Sean Mark's goal minutes at 20 with Sporting. It's a touch risky, as Kettering Town have a better backline than a few weeks ago, and they are clearly working hard with slightly hamstrung resources. But they do conceded and I think a surprisingly progressive Baintree have enough to score. With Mark McCammon providing something like a target, I think Marks will get a chance or two, even though the squad is disrupted by injuries and suspensions.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Oct 10-12 One more fixed-odds play for me tonight: Harrow Borough away at Wingate & Finchley (2/1 PaddyPower, StanJames). There is not a huge gap between these sides, despite what the table says. W&F have dipped from their early season standards and are perhaps paying the price for not refreshing the squad - once promotion euphoria has worn off, they are left with a perfectly capable Ryman 1 North side. Their only points in five games came at home to the section's dogs, Horsham, and in those five W&F have conceded 12. Harrow started shakily under Dave Anderson, but he has kept tinkering and league form has improved, with wins in their last two away, including a huge shock at Lowestoft. They still concede - no clean sheets in the league yet - so Wingate will be interested for a good while, but Harrow are looking livelier up front, with Reggie Savage and JJ Bates looking something like a partnership after the departure of Dave Lawrence, who looked a touch out of his depth early season. 2/1 is a decent price in the circumstances.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Oct 10-12 Ebbsfleet vs Luton Gary Brabin goes for a win in this one as his side need a serious improvement in attitude on away games. No more losing points and against a weaker opponent they must offer some show and score some goals. I am pretty sure that Luton will put a lot in this game. Ebbsfleet has real problems when playing home with 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats. Luton should put at least 2 in front here. away -1 AH @ 2.31 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Oct 10-12 Hayes & Yeading - Forest Green Selection 0 Hayes & Yeading (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 11/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.13 Reasoning The hosts ranked at 18th place to face 13th Forest Green. Forest Green has 4 draws in a row,unbeatable to Fleetwood,Mansfield,Newport and Lincoln.Considering away performance they are doind a really good job,7 matches played and neither lost.But it just seam to me that this tempo is to high for them,how long can they keep up we should see in this match.Now hard up hosts will welcome Forest Green which just returned from Lancashire.Up till now they played 4 matches and they failed to beat even once.This is their second match at home ground and a perfect opportunity to show its good performance.I think that Hayes are capable of wining this match.So this is my choice.

Hayes & Yeading - Forest Green Selection 0 Hayes & Yeading (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 11/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.13 Reasoning The hosts ranked at 18th place to face 13th Forest Green. Forest Green has 4 draws in a row,unbeatable to Fleetwood,Mansfield,Newport and Lincoln.Considering away performance they are doind a really good job,7 matches played and neither lost.But it just seam to me that this tempo is to high for them,how long can they keep up we should see in this match.Now hard up hosts will welcome Forest Green which just returned from Lancashire.Up till now they played 4 matches and they failed to beat even once.This is their second match at home ground and a perfect opportunity to show its good performance.I think that Hayes are capable of wining this match.So this is my choice.
Saw Hayes on Sunday and whilst they were good til the final third the final ball or shot was poor. Their keeper is also a bit flakey under high balls. If I was to back anything here it would be a FGR win.

Not sure what happened to Luton tonight, looks like they chucked it away GRRR Some strange results about tonight for sure, well done to those who made plenty
I was there and although Im sure Kev will disagree with me I thought Ebbsfleet played really well and deserved a point. I actually missed the equaliser go in as I wanted to get the earlier train so I cant tell you anything about that, but I thought Luton were pretty lucky to be 2-0 to the good and I apart from the goal they didnt really do a great deal in the second half. They showed the odd glimpse of what they can do but fair play to Ebbsfleet they were always in the game and had chances of their own. If it had of stayed 2-0 I would have felt pretty lucky to have won my bet. Kev will know more than me but I thought it was an odd starting line up. After Fleetwood went 1 up after a minute I thought it was going to be an easy night for them but fair play to Edinburgh he must have really turned them around big time since Saturday.