** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 09-16 October

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Event Phau B.- Karlovic I. Selection Phau Bjorn Strength 5/10 Date 15/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.25 Reasoning Well i believe that Bjorn Phau can provide a major counterattack or should i say counterwork to Ivo Karlovic.Karlovic is a big serving guy and he is not that good in game.He wasted a lot of energy durning the last/this month he won Sacramento challenger and now he is in semifinals here after he had struggled over Martin yesterday.Phau looks good,his fresh full of energy hungry for victories.Unlike Karlovic he is very quick player i could say that quickness as his main strength along with crosscourt forehand and backhand down line.This quickness could beparticularly problematic to Ivo.Am giving a shot on Bjorn.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Shanghai final Ferrer vs Murray over 20.5 games @evens local bookie OK, I was shocked seeing Ferrer ML around 5.00 in a couple of books. The fact is that Murray always defeats Ferrer on hard and Ferrer beats Murray on clay. They played last week in Tokyo SF, and Murray won 62 63. Me too I expect Murray to win this one, but 20.5 games? This line is probably calculated from the odds, but IMO this is a mistake. First - the court in Shanghai is slower than the one in Tokyo. And second - If you look at Murray's path, he had it all too easy. The only seeded player he had to beat was Stan Wawrinka, and Andy dropped a set with him. The rest are Ebden, Tursunov, Nishikori ... OMG! Ferrer had it much harder, had to beat couple of top quality players, let's begin with Andy Roddick to name a few :-) The bottom line is - I really do not expect the final to be over in two straight sets (straight in the sense of not exceeding 6 games for the winner). 20.5 games is common, but quite interestingly, Pinnacle did not publish total games line yet. All in all, 20.5 seems tooo loooow for this match. GL :hope

Re: Tennis 09-16 October

Shanghai final Ferrer vs Murray over 20.5 games @evens local bookie WIN
Sloppy performance from David, especially his 1st serve was dreadful, but it was good enough for the over in the end. finishing the week by LINZ: Cibulkova to bt Kvitova @3.58 Pinnacle small stake As I wrote yesterday, Kvitova was really lucky to get past Jankovic. In the first set she seemed to be trained on the soccer stadium - her shots invariably ended haf or more meters wide, and her tactic was just hit the ball with closed eyes and wait where it lands. Her shots became more precise in the 3rd set, and Jankovic helped a bit, too, therefore we have her in the final now. Dominika did show quite nice performance against Safarova in the semi. 70% 1st serve in, from that 84% won, this can be considered good service. Safarova is lefty as Kvitova, so the semi might have served as preparation for today's match. H2H is 3-0 for Petra, but all matches were played in the 1st half of 2011, that is in the time when Petra was unstoppable and rolling. After Wimbledon her form dropped alot, and this is the first tournament after long time where she reached final. If Dominika manages to repeat her performance against Safarova, and if Petra's huge strokes will lack accuracy, this can go through. Alternatively, you can play +hcp which is 4.5 games. GL :hope

Re: Tennis 09-16 October

Shanghai final Ferrer vs Murray over 20.5 games @evens local bookie OK, I was shocked seeing Ferrer ML around 5.00 in a couple of books. The fact is that Murray always defeats Ferrer on hard and Ferrer beats Murray on clay. They played last week in Tokyo SF, and Murray won 62 63. Me too I expect Murray to win this one, but 20.5 games? This line is probably calculated from the odds, but IMO this is a mistake. First - the court in Shanghai is slower than the one in Tokyo. And second - If you look at Murray's path, he had it all too easy. The only seeded player he had to beat was Stan Wawrinka, and Andy dropped a set with him. The rest are Ebden, Tursunov, Nishikori ... OMG! Ferrer had it much harder, had to beat couple of top quality players, let's begin with Andy Roddick to name a few :-) The bottom line is - I really do not expect the final to be over in two straight sets (straight in the sense of not exceeding 6 games for the winner). 20.5 games is common, but quite interestingly, Pinnacle did not publish total games line yet. All in all, 20.5 seems tooo loooow for this match. GL :hope
Great job you made here, and on the rest of that tournament.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Event Querrey S.- Karlovic I. Selection Querrey S. Strength 10/10 Date 16/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.00 Reasoning I will bet on Sam because he is doing fantastic job at this tournament,he will also try to look to revange the defeat in SF that happened just week ago 7-66, 3-6, 6-4 at Sacramento challenger which was won by Ivo.As i said before Karlo wasted alot durnig these period this is his second finals in a row but i think that Sam is in better condition,his also a big serving guy but he can be mutch better in game.I will give a shot on Querrey.