** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 09-16 October

Hi guys, 2 picks for WTA Osaka Japan starting tomorrow early morning: MORITA TO DEFEAT ZHANG @ 1.39 on betfair KING TO DEFEAT CRAYBAS @ 1.31 on betfair Zhang is completely out-of-form. Morita playing at home in Japan and she played very well in Tokyo 2 weeks ago playing great matches against Bartoli and Falconi. Craybas is almost 37+ years old and against very consistent and fast King in good form it is not clear how Craybas can play a lot of winners against

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: tennis tournaments commencing 09-october OK, I pulled the trigger, Tomic +3.5 games > Anderson @evens local bookie Tomic is best on faster courts, and Shanghai should be fast enough for him. He managed to take a set off Fish this week in Tokyo, and his service game was quite fine. On the other hand, Kevin Anderson had some health issues with his knee in Beijing, and most of all he was stuggling against a claycourter Montanes, eventually winning the match in two tie-breaks. They both met once last year in Nottingham Challenger (Kevin won 76 61). Giving the increase in Tomic's form since then (he is more often occurring in ATP main draws, made a QF Wimbledon this year), IMO 3.5 difference is too much in this case. GL :hope

Re: tennis tournaments commencing 09-october Going with a few early. (3/10) Pablo Andujar to beat Matthew Ebden @ 2.93 with Pinnacle They have met in Tokyo and Ebden came through in a three tight-setter. Nothing has changed since then, just the conditions. They are much, much slower in Shanghai and it is obvious who can benefit from this - the clay courter. Ebden has decent serve, Andujar has baseline skills - 2.93 looks like value to me. (3/10) J.C.Ferrero to beat Mikhail Youzhny @ 1.96 with Pinnacle Backing the better player here. Youzhny is poor right now, too many errors from the baseline, no real form going on, no passion. Ferrero is the complete opposite imo and last week showed exactly that. Slow conditions, Ferrero to prevail.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Sport Tennis Event Tanasugarn - McHale Selection Tanasugarn Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.96 Reasoning I based in this pick on the big Tanasugarn motivation. One of the biggest value odds for today matches. Tanasugarn in last season played in this tournament and in every match been underdog(small or big, like today) and go to the Final, where beat local hero Kimiko Date Krumm. Tamarine want make next good run here, defending many points.. McHale in last tournaments not playing great like few mon ths ago and this is good chance for Thailand player to make upset. Tamarine Tanasugarn in three sets.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Sport Tennis Event Kudryavtseva - Scheepers Selection Kudryavtseva +4.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90 Reasoning In my opinion this line is a gift from bookies. Kudryavtseva is real TOP75 level and is underranked in this moment. Alla before this match leading 3-1 on hard courts in h2h against Scheepers. Scheepers in previous week in Bejing not looked very strong, looked tired. Kudryavtseva is fresh, since Tashkend (SF and retired, unlucky) in last week played first tournament. Kudryavtseva for sure can take one set here and beat HC line.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Sport Tennis Event Broady-Martic Selection Broady Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.80 Reasoning In this pick I based on motivation and similar form. Martic is from 1991, Broady from 1990. Martic is in TOP100, but Broady is for sure TOP100 material. Martic is seed number one in Q and can lose in this match, can take LL spot(Sorana Cirstea too). Broady have big motivation, big chance for this girl to take main draw tournament. In previous matches destroy TOP100 Rus and beat in two close sets former TOP30 Wozniak. Broady is great bet

Re: Tennis 09-16 October A tiny loss for the first day, that should improve though. Going with three underdogs actually. (3/10)Kimiko Date to beat Petra Cetkovska @ 3.29 with Pinnacle No reason for this odds. Kimiko is the one with motivation here and she has always done well on home soil. Cetkovska nothing special right now and if she fell to Tanasugarn a few weeks back, she can easily lose to another determined veteran with very flat game today. (3/10)Anabel Medina Garrigues to beat Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova @ 4.05 with Pinnacle Ridiculous odds imo, especially if you remember that the Russian had a long flight from Asia and that the conditions are completely different here. Medina Garrigues is a tricky player and she can use that to move Pavly around - she will not like that. And the fact that Pavlyuchenkova can produce a lot of double faults only adds to this. This price is a joke. (3/10) Michael Llodra to beat Milos Raonic @ 2.94 with Pinnacle This may look like a crazy bet - and it is. But with both players in terrible form, I cannot ignore this price. Raonic has been struggling after the injury, Llodra has not won a match in ages - how can anyone have such an edge here? The more experienced guy should not be priced at almost 3.00

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Bit of a mixed bag for me tomorrow, nothing too big:

betfair is more than capable of winning this but his head doesn seem be in the right place form and attitude complete contrast that nishikori. roddick v dimitrov sky primed for taking week has been fairly impressive recent weeks. i wouldn surprised if loses out prefer line. fish tomic over games trust not give away a free set here hence overs. simon montanes bwin dreadful asia little flutter say he continues vain.>

Re: Tennis 09-16 October David Nalbandian -3 vs F. Mayer. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Nalbandian was a bit sloppy against Gulbis but got the job done in the end. He has admitted that he finally feels healty again and that is really good news for his fans and himself as well, obviously. I think Mayer's chances are overrated for this match. Nalbi had bigger handicap to cover against Gulbis which is tougher to do considering the Latvians's serve. Mayer has been destroyed on both occasions he has come up against David and has not won more than 3 games in a set. They have contest five sets. Both matches were few years back but still can't see much of a change in match-ups. Melzer > Ljubicic. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Not sure Ljubicic can be counted as a threat here. He looks very disinteresed at the moment and I would not be surprised if the did not show up for this one. He was really poor last week in Beijing and should have lost to Youzhny. Melzer beat Rafa Nadal in this tournament last year, that will be an inspiration for another good run. Another factor that makes me favour the Austrian is H2H stats. He is 4-0 up against Ljubo, so there has to something wrong about his game that Ivan can not get used to.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October

Event Cetkovska P. - Date Krumm K.
Selection +5.5 Date Krumm K. (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.60
Reasoning I need to say that these two players meet up for the first time so its gonna be a big test for them.Both are in slippy condition especially Datte and shes really in catastrophic form,lost 5 matches in a row,seeking from the escape.On the other side Cetkovska is slightly in downtrend she didnt impressed in Beijing and based on that what i saw i can say that this could be perfect oppertunity for Date to show its quality at least to show resistance. This is hers hometown and i believe that Date will give everything what she has to win this match. So this is my choice for the match.

Event Bogomolov A.J.- Granollers-Pujol M.
Selection Bogomolov A.J.
Strength 10/10
Date 11/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97
Reasoning Head to head 0-1.Now i think its the time for offset.I watched the match at roland garros,it was a pretty hard fight,and in the end Granollers is more of a clay player.Unlike Granollers Bogomolov has played more matches on hard court and he is more efficient (20/12) in last two tournaments he showed very good game and i think he has this one.It just seems to me that he is more prepared and in better condition for this match. Bogomolov to win.

Event Stepanek Radek - Zhang Ze
Selection +6.5 Zhang Ze (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/10/2011
Reasoning Young and talented Zhang Ze to prove major resistance to this old school veteran Stepanek.First this is his hometown and i believe that this motivated chinese wild card will give all his best in this match.He is a hard court guy,he showed impressive improvement in last two tournaments especially in clash against Tsonga. After Us Open and injury Stepanek was back on court in Tokyo.I think that this 6.5 is capable of achieving. Zhang Ze he can do it

Event Stepanek Radek - Zhang Ze
Selection +6.5 Zhang Ze (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/10/2011
Reasoning Young and talented Zhang Ze to prove major resistance to this old school veteran Stepanek.First this is his hometown and i believe that this motivated chinese wild card will give all his best in this match.He is a hard court guy,he showed impressive improvement in last two tournaments especially in clash against Tsonga. After Us Open and injury Stepanek was back on court in Tokyo.I think that this 6.5 is capable of achieving. Zhang Ze he can do it
Remember last year? Radek lost to Yan Bai ranked about #300 (or was it #600?) in two straight sets :lol Later he reported that he did eat something bad and that he felt really really awful.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October quality parlay material: Almagro to bt Robredo @1.476 Pinnacle the handicap -3.5 at 2.120 is tempting, but with two Spaniards involved, anything can happen, for example Almagro to tank one set. But Almagro losing to Robredo would be quite a surprise. First - Robredo is coming out of injury, and yesterday's win against Stephane Bohli was his first good one (when not counting win over fellow Spaniard Ramirez-Hidalgo in Umag, which I consider a gift to Robredo from ramirez) since his retirement in Monte Carlo in week #15. He defeated Bohli (ranked #247) in two tie-breaks, and had Bohli not been an utter choker, he could easily have won that match - he was two breaks up in the second set, but managed to throw it all away by UEing unbelievable amount of points. Second- Robredo still lacks the shot confidence and makes too many wrong decisions and his shots still land couple of inches away from the intended spot. Although Mugro is in bad shape lately, I would rate him much higher than Bohli. IMO another bookies' mistake, I see fair odds for Mugro about 1.2.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Thinking of adding: David Nalbandian vs F. Mayer + 3.5 Its all about Nalbandian, if he finds his form from last week he should cover this, if he plays like yesterday he will lose the match let alone the +3.5. Actually left it too late to get in so will sit on the sidelines.

David Nalbandian -3 vs F. Mayer. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (7/10) :wall Melzer > Ljubicic. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (5/10) :ok
Nalbandian was a disgrace. Would be interesting to see what he has to say about that - losing the first set on purpose.

Bit of a mixed bag for me tomorrow' date= nothing too big:

betfair :ok is more than capable of winning this but his head doesn seem be in the right place form and attitude complete contrast that nishikori. roddick v dimitrov sky primed for taking week has been fairly impressive recent weeks. i wouldn surprised if loses out prefer line. fish tomic over games trust not give away a free set here hence overs. simon montanes bwin :zzz rather watch paint dry match my small speculative bet didnt get there looks like turned up dreadful asia little flutter say he continues vain.> 5/6 so far.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Murray Andy - Tursunov Dmitry Selection +6.5 Tursunov Dmitry (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 12/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.50 Reasoning Really impressive performance for Andy,he took the tournament in Tokyo (Japan Open) and now he is back as a second seed player in Shanghai.These two players played 5 matches and the result is 5:0 for Andy.Basically Murray won those matches pretty clean and i belive that now Dmitry can provide good resistance.First of all i think that Murray wont push to high,second the tempo was two high for him,he just won the finals in Tokyo against Nadal and now welcomes Dmitry who is raising his form.He is a solid player and i think this bet is a good choice.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Nadal Rafael - Garcia-Lopez Selection +6.5 Garcia-Lopez Strength 10/10 Date 12/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.60 Reasoning Looking at head to head 3:1 for Rafa.But under those stats (matches) is a hard fight.Rafa is not so impressive as it was and Garcia-Lopez not to underestimate.Nadal had a very tough week,he lost in finals against Andy (3-6, 6-2, 6-0) in Tokyo and i think that Garcia will struggle till the end.Nadal, of course, is a huge favorite here but Garcia-Lopez is a player who can get hot at any moment.Garcia can do the job.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October 1 for now, will add more later: A) (2/10)

Under 21.5 games Kei Nishikori v Jo-Wilfried Tsonga: Total Games4/5
I think the unders is correct play V's handicap here. Tsonga shouldn't have too many problems, Kei's game yesterday was a joke. (5/10) Will trade JCF this morning, I think he will start teh match stronger than Verdasco but depending on how things develop will perhaps look to close out my position.

Re: Tennis 09-16 October Hi guys, 1 pick for ATP SHANGHAI tomorrow morning: RODDICK TO DEFEAT ALMAGRO @ 1.52 on betfair Almagro looked really average against a half-injured Robredo yesterday and last week against Youzhny. On medium-fast surface Roddick should have an advantage from the baseline as well as on his serve obviously. Last year in Miami an easy win for Roddick.