** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

My bad. I should really of quoted Kumanovac. They also beat Everton away 1-0... And they drew with both Villa and Newcastle who are both unbeaten! Wouldnt go overboard on the 6-0 defeat at Fulham, these results happen in football all the time and Blackburn have conceded 11 goals in their last 3 games. I wouldnt bet on the match but i wouldnt be over-critical of QPR either, as they do have a good side, they just had a bad day at the office at Fulham.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. I should really of quoted Kumanovac. They were fantastic in the draw with Newcastle, I thought, very unlucky not to win that one. And they were worth a point against Villa. I've only seen highlights of the other games, but they did really well to win at Everton. I feel that QPR will be alright this season, lower mid-table finish I reckon, they seem to have enough about them to stay up. At the same time I think their results may prove difficult to predict and they may have more shockers like the Fulham game.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Overs in West Brom-Wolves looks enticing. Evens with Bet365, both sides have looked ropey at the back lately, both have 4/7 overs in the league. I thought that this season West Brom would begin to be shaped into a typical Hodgson side but it hasn't happened yet, they still concede a lot and their strength is in their attacking players. Opinions?

Agree with that' date=' Blackburn look slow at the back, think they will struggle to deal with the speed of SWP and Taarabt. You can't guarantee if the QPR defence will turn up though so maybe goals is the best bet.[/quote'] I just don't see SWP as a good player in home games. Loftus Road is a small pitch, away teams, especially Blackburn are going to sit back so Wright-Phillips is going to have little space to run into and very few or no chances to counter attack against a defensive side. If QPR win this one I think it comes through some magic from Taarabt, and apart from hitting the woodwork the other week he's hardly lit up the Premier League this season (so this is his chance).

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct They won at Everton, sure, but the adoration started after the Newcastle match. I didn't watch it, but from what I read/saw on highlights they had a very good first half and average second. They also scraped a draw with Villa, but so what? An injury-time own-goal equaliser against Villa is hardly the sort of result that should have other sides sweating, is it? Completely irrelevant how well they played, if a draw handed to them is the end result. We outplayed Man United the other week so by that logic why aren't we a sure thing against Swansea? :lol

I just don't see SWP as a good player in home games. Loftus Road is a small pitch' date=' away teams, especially Blackburn are going to sit back so Wright-Phillips is going to have little space to run into and very few or no chances to counter attack against a defensive side. If QPR win this one I think it comes through some magic from Taarabt, and apart from hitting the woodwork the other week he's hardly lit up the Premier League this season (so this is his chance).[/quote'] Good point about the pitch. He was very dangerous against Newcastle there, though, under the same conditions (they were set up defensively that night). Tis only one game though. Am yet to settle on any bet for this one so good to get feedback.

They won at Everton, sure, but the adoration started after the Newcastle match. I didn't watch it, but from what I read/saw on highlights they had a very good first half and average second. They also scraped a draw with Villa, but so what? An injury-time own-goal equaliser against Villa is hardly the sort of result that should have other sides sweating, is it? Completely irrelevant how well they played, if a draw handed to them is the end result. We outplayed Man United the other week so by that logic why aren't we a sure thing against Swansea? :lol
It is relevant how they played IMO, from a betting perspective. Similarly it is relevant how well you played against United. Naturally, neither performance means either club is necessarily going to win at the weekend, but they would affect how I would price up the 1x2 market.

They won at Everton, sure, but the adoration started after the Newcastle match. I didn't watch it, but from what I read/saw on highlights they had a very good first half and average second. They also scraped a draw with Villa, but so what? An injury-time own-goal equaliser against Villa is hardly the sort of result that should have other sides sweating, is it? Completely irrelevant how well they played, if a draw handed to them is the end result. We outplayed Man United the other week so by that logic why aren't we a sure thing against Swansea? :lol
They played very well in the Villa match actually and deserved at least a point. Going back to Fulham, not many go to Craven Cottage and win , yes they shipped 6 goals but it was just one of them days. They lost to Bolton 4-0 on the opening day of the season, then had to pick themselves up and go to Everton and they won at Goodison 1-0. Big difference between getting thrashed at home to Bolton and beating Everton away. If you dont watch highlights and dont see matches, how can you expect to make a fair judgement on how QPR played? And i dont see anything wrong with an injury-time equaliser against Villa, shows they dont give up til the death if anything? It was not handed to them. Its all on the day, you play different every time you play. Norwich played well against United, i wouldnt go as far to say outplayed them, ye may have outplayed United up until the final 3rd but United outplayed Norwich where it mattered, in the back of the net. And as for this sweating over playing teams malarkey, every single game in the premier league now is a tough game, nobody goes into a game 100% sure they are going to play excellent, dominate and win. I am certain Blackburn will fear QPR this weekend, as every team in the PL deserves respect.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct I notice that QPR is the last-season's Newcastle: Very unpredictable. They're not the punching-sack team. They bounced back after huge defeat at home early this season and won against home-side Everton WITH a clean sheet. Now, talking about punching-sack team, Blackburn certainly deserves that title this season. Until they replace Kean with a new manager, I don't see them going anywhere but bottom table. To add their misery, Blackburn has been always playing poor at away since past seasons. This will be the first home win for QPR. :hope QPR 0.5 AH 1.83 @Bodog

Europa refreshed teams match up in unpredictable game Very very tricky one to call this one. If you could get a bet on this game to be last on MOTD I would get on it with high stakes . Ok seriously now after a thumping home win last time out the international break couldn't have come at a worst time. Finally we get momentum together to get the first win for all the hard work to get delayed by the international break. Will keep it very very simple. NO BET. Reasons why are that I feel both teams have had such busy seasons with Europa league action it could be the case of taking a game to get the legs warmed up again. Ye it sounds silly but Fulham especially would have relished the chance for that break and could be over refreshed for this game. We have a decent record at their place taking 4pts from the last 9. They are very strong and robust but if we play the passing game we did at against QPR we should cause them problems. NO BET FOR ME Nothing really I can put on the table either. Will write up a more in depth post next week when ive seen our reaction the break. Sorry for the post not being nothing like the others but I thought it was best to let you know that this one is best watched. Can we react to the 6-0? Can Stoke continue turn homes game into a force again? Who will react to the Europa league the best? Can we get an away win? Probably not haha :rollin COYW FTID

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Can we move on from the QPR thing guys, every man and his dog has had an opinion and we're going over old ground! Going back to Chelsea - Everton, bookings is also worth looking at. Michael Jones is the ref, and his last few games (in this order) have been - Swansea - Stoke - 8 yellow Tottenham - Liverpool (televised) - 7 yellow, 2 red Chelsea - Norwich - 4 yellow, 1 red Bolton - Man City - 2 yellow I''ll be watching this one closely. Mr Jones is clearly quite card happy, and with Everton inevitably sitting back against this pacey Chelsea side, there's every chance of more cards in this one. Sporting Index offering 46 buying price on bookings, which I think is good value... :gimme

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct just to comment on the QPR coments, this time from a season ticket holder no one has mentioned that the 6-0 reverse at Fulham was on a day when Traore was suspended, his replacement was injured in training the day be3fore, so a roght back played out of position on the left and also Fitz hall centre half picked up a hamstring problem in the warm up, it showed as our defence had a torrid time against Johnson & Zamora vs Bolton we conceded 2 on goals and gave up for the 4th goal, the goal conceded against villa was the most dubious pen i have seen all season so look at the positives, we held villa 1-1 and Newcastle 0-0, beat Everton 1-0 and Wolves 3-0 away Home to Blackburn looks easier than all of those games to be honest

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct So far just the one for PL tomorrow; Wigan vs Bolton - over 2.5 goals 2.0 at Stan James. (3 units) Obviously its way to earlier for any game to be a must win, but for both of these teams, their managers and there fans will be expecting this as a game they should win. If both teams go looking for the win then I expect alot of attacking play so lets hope a few chances can be put away. Wigan will see a team sitting bottom of the table with only 3 points, 6 loses in a row and 21 goals conceded and think they have a chance for the three points here. For Bolton everyone knew that they had a tough start and although they also lost to Norwich and suffered a couple of heavy losses, I don't think confidence will be too drained just yet as they would have anticipated being in this situation when the season began. When they look at the fixture list now things seem much easier for the next few months and i'm sure they will want to get a run of form up and running as soon as possible and will see a match against Wigan as the ideal time for this. Having Klasnic back from suspension will help there cause attacking wise although with Jaaskelianen still a doubt it still doesn't bode too well for their defence. :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Liverpool v Manchester United - Player To Be Carded: Lucas Leiva @ 2/1 - SkyBet Everyone is talking about backing Rooney to see a card tomorrow but I see better value in backing the much busier Lucas Leiva. He commits, on average, around two fouls per match and has seen a yellow in his last four matches in all competitions (& an International). He meets an old friend in Andre Marriner who has booked Lucas in the last three Liverpool games he took care of and will have to be extremely careful tomorrow to avoid a booking. 2/1 is backable, for me.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Wigan Vs. Bolton Correct Score: 0-3 @ 50/1 £4 SBOBET 0-4 @ 180/1 £1 SBOBET Here is a cheeky £5 wager I have made on a game that hasn't seen much attention yet in the premiership forum. It features two struggling sides in what could be considered an early season 6 pointer. The game has been priced by the bookies as a closely fought, either team can win it contest. However, I think there is a possibility of Bolton really giving Wigan a thumping here. Bolton were much the better team last season and I have a lot of faith in their manager Owen Coyle. While Bolton are on a dismal run in the Premiership I think the stats are a bit misleading. Bolton who are on the foot of the table with 3 points have had the hardest starting schedule of any Premiership club. 5 of their 6 losses this season have come against: Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool. There other loss being a 2-1 loss to Norwich where they had Klasnic wrongly dismissed IMO. With the likes of Klasnic returning from his suspension, Juski coming back from injury, and Kakuta being now eligible I think Bolton will really be raring for a win to kick start their season. Wigan are a team that have been well organised by Roberto Martinez. However their play is usually that of being the spoiler against the bigger clubs. Against Bolton at home I think the fans will expect a more attacking style of play. I just don't think Wigan have the same firepower as Bolton with N'Zogbia being sold in the summer and Rodallega being injured. France Di Santo has been the Lactics main attacking threat but TBH it seems most of his goals have been deflected shots from outside of the box. The price on Bolton seems to be dropping so I have decided to go for a high risk strategy of backing a big away result on Bolton. I will probably also back Bolton DNB before the prices drop anymore. Anyways here’s me hoping Bolton can upset the odds with a big away win. :moon :lol

Wigan Vs. Bolton Correct Score: 0-3 @ 50/1 £4 SBOBET 0-4 @ 180/1 £1 SBOBET Here is a cheeky £5 wager I have made on a game that hasn't seen much attention yet in the premiership forum. It features two struggling sides in what could be considered an early season 6 pointer. The game has been priced by the bookies as a closely fought, either team can win it contest. However, I think there is a possibility of Bolton really giving Wigan a thumping here. Bolton were much the better team last season and I have a lot of faith in their manager Owen Coyle. While Bolton are on a dismal run in the Premiership I think the stats are a bit misleading. Bolton who are on the foot of the table with 3 points have had the hardest starting schedule of any Premiership club. 5 of their 6 losses this season have come against: Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool. There other loss being a 2-1 loss to Norwich where they had Klasnic wrongly dismissed IMO. With the likes of Klasnic returning from his suspension, Juski coming back from injury, and Kakuta being now eligible I think Bolton will really be raring for a win to kick start their season. Wigan are a team that have been well organised by Roberto Martinez. However their play is usually that of being the spoiler against the bigger clubs. Against Bolton at home I think the fans will expect a more attacking style of play. I just don't think Wigan have the same firepower as Bolton with N'Zogbia being sold in the summer and Rodallega being injured. France Di Santo has been the Lactics main attacking threat but TBH it seems most of his goals have been deflected shots from outside of the box. The price on Bolton seems to be dropping so I have decided to go for a high risk strategy of backing a big away result on Bolton. I will probably also back Bolton DNB before the prices drop anymore. Anyways here’s me hoping Bolton can upset the odds with a big away win. :moon :lol
Really high risk taking into account that games between these two sides are generally low scoring ones with 5 out of last 10 games being draws and 8 out of 10 games produced 2 goals or less.

Really high risk taking into account that games between these two sides are generally low scoring ones with 5 out of last 10 games being draws and 8 out of 10 games produced 2 goals or less.
He is risking £5... Not that risky!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Liverpool vs Man. United Pick: Home win Probable starting eleven: Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Downing, Suarez Man. Utd: De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Young, Rooney, Chicharito I think Liverpool will win at Anfield. This is the biggest derby in England and I am sure the players from both teams will be very motivated. My first reason for the pick is the home advantage. Liverpool fans will give the maximum support to their players and we can't underestimate that fact. After all, Liverpool have won the last three matches at Anfield: 06.03.2011. Liverpool - Manchester Utd 3:1 25.10.2009. Liverpool - Manchester Utd 2:0 13.09.2008. Liverpool - Manchester Utd 2:1 It is a fact that Manchester have never lost four away games in a row against any team in the Premier League, but I strongly believe that will happen today. he next reason for my pick is Liverpool good form. They are in series of two consecutive victories. In the last round Liverpool won 2:0 against city rival Everton at Goodison Park. Before that Liverpool won 2:1 against Wolverhampton. I am sure the players confidence and the team morale are very high at the moment. Manager Dalglish has no important absences. On contrary, the captain Steven Gerrard is fully ready and it is expected he will start the match. So, I expect Anfield to celebrate today.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Liverpool - Man Utd over 2.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle Liverpool always look good to score at home and they have done so in each of their 3 home games so far but they have also conceded in each of these games as Carragher looks like a yard slower than last year while Skrtel is liable for brain explosions. With Man Utd's trio of Rooney, Nano and Young up front, they too have goals in them, having scored 8 in their 3 away games.However Man Utd have conceded in 2 of these 3 away games, as without the usual defensive pairing of Ferdinand and Vidic, they have looked shaky at times. Jones and Smalling have done ok but in the big games like this, you need your best two CBs playing. Vidic may play but doubt that he is 100% and with Suarez in very good form, he will find him out if he is not ready to go. These two teams have gone over in 6 of their last 7 meetings and like both teams to score, as well at least another one to be scored after that. Man City - Aston Villa under 2.5 @ 2.23 centrebet Looks like there is no Aguerro for City in this game which they are expected to win, with Dzeko leading the line, and probably Ballotelli alongside him. Though they are the better side than Villa, Villa are undefeated so far and have drawn their 3 away games, but this is a step up for them. They have scored just once in their last 4 visits to City who have also not allowed a goal at home in their 3 games there so far. Expect McLeish to park the bus here and not allow spaces between the lines for City to create chances with their short passing as they will look to frustrate them for as long as possible. Doubt Villa score here but they will make it hard for City to do so too Stoke @ 2.38 pinnacle Stoke at home, are much better than the Stoke side that plays on the road, and they have had some good results this season, where they have drawn 0-0 with Chelsea, beaten Liverpool 1-0 and drawn 1-1 with Man Utd. Fulham on the other hand, have always been a side that tends to struggle when they play on the road, and this season has been no different, where they lost 2-0 at Wolves, 2-1 at Newcastle and drew 0-0 at West Brom. Though they are coming off a big 6-0 home win over QPR, going to Stoke is never easy and with better teams than them who have not won there, doubt that they will let alone get a point. Chelsea -1.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Having beaten Swansea 4-1 at home and Bolton 5-1 away, signs are there that Chelsea is starting to get their game going and the goals are flowing. For an Everton side that has one clean sheet so far, then this spells trouble for them, and with successive 2-0 losses to Man Utd and Liverpool, then they may be outmatched once again. Though they have drawn their last 5 visits to Chelsea, and they will continue to battle, with Drogba, who has a very good scoring record against Everton, Sturridge and Lampard amongst the goals in recent games, they have too many good attacking players for Everton to try and cover all of them, and like them to beat the Toffees here. Season record: 28-38 (+10.46)

Liverpool v Man Utd Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez. De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Jones, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Young, Welbeck.
As a United fan, i do not like that line-up! Evans is a donkey, Fletcher is no good, Giggs will last about 65 mins, Park is useless most days but on his day can be good defensively, Welbeck is good but may need to be on top of his game to figure! Good subs on the bench but a worrying side nonetheless.. COME ON UNITED! :nana

Liverpool v Man Utd Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez. De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Jones, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Young, Welbeck.
What a dirty lineup. Is there a reason why Rooney and Hernandez is not starting? My bets of BTTS and Overs have drifted alot O_o

As a United fan, i do not like that line-up! Evans is a donkey, Fletcher is no good, Giggs will last about 65 mins, Park is useless most days but on his day can be good defensively, Welbeck is good but may need to be on top of his game to figure! Good subs on the bench but a worrying side nonetheless.. COME ON UNITED! :nana
Well I've had a think about it and listened to what Neville was saying on Sky and can see what Ferguson is doing here, we don't have the best record here recently and its on the back of the Internationals, so a few fresh legs in. Liverpool should find it more difficult to get through us with this line-up we were far to open last year. If things aren't going to plan then we can always bring on the attacking players off the bench, I think we could frustrate them and let's just hope for a better performance then last season. :hope

What a dirty lineup. Is there a reason why Rooney and Hernandez is not starting? My bets of BTTS and Overs have drifted alot O_o
Ferguson's just said Rooney's had a bad week. Not sure on Hernandez, was he playing for Mexico? It's very bad news for your bets agreed but you never know, pray for an early goal. EDIT - I just see he played v Brazil midweek.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Late play in Liverpool V Man Utd after the line-ups announced. Think Ferguson has picked quite a defensive team, possibly with the aim of keeping it tight for 60 mins and then unleasing some of scoring talent from the bench. Expect this to be a midfield battle early on, with not much space to play. So going to play on a cagey opening period and it staying 0-0 for the first 26 mins at least. Also going to put a few euros on Draw HT/Man Utd FT, again on the basis of a tight early period, and the potential of Man Utds bench 2 pts Time of First Goal after 26th min @2.0 Paddypower 0.5 pts Draw HT/ Man Utd FT @8.4 Betfair :hope