** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011

DRAW , 4.40 pinnacle , 10units Ceske Budejovice will host Vitkovice in this round of the Czech Extraliga . Ceske Budejovice won three games at home and lost just one game . They won 4 : 3 against Trinec , 3 : 2 against Slavia Prague , 4 : 2 against Plzen , and lost 1 : 3 against Sparta Prague . Vitkovice on road won two times and lost once . They lost against Plzen 4 : 3 after over time . They won 6 : 0 against Liberec , and won 3 : 2 against Karlovy Vary also after playing over time . So Vitkovice already played over time matches on road this season and they are maybe up for another over time win today . Last season as well as the season before these two teams played a total of four over time mutual matches . Since Vitkovice bases their play on good defending more than good attacking they could have the most matches that went to over time by the end of the season .

Re: European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011 DRAW , 4.40 bwin , 10units Hameenlinna and Kalpa Kuopio played a lot of matches that went overtime in past three seasons. 9 matches in past three seasons went overtime , and there are good chances that will be the case today as well. Hameenlinna at home won once ( 6:3 against Turku PS ) , won once overtime ( 2:1 against Karpat ) , and lost two games in a row ( 1:4 against Lahti Pelicans and 1:4 against Lukko Raume ). Kalpa Kuopio won twice on road ( 2:0 against JYP Jyvaskyla , 4:1 against Saipa ) , lost once iafter overtime ( 2:1 against Karpat ) , and lost against Jokerit Helsinki 4:0. So , both teams lost their last two matches. Hameenlinna have better attack but Kalpa hve better defense so they could level out today in a matchup of two pretty close teams in terms of quality of playing squad. DRAW , 4.75 bet365 , 10units JYP-Akatemia is a good team at home and they are favourites to win today against K-Laser. They won both of their mutual meetings at home last season. But since K-Laser had some good performances recently and they are playing a lot of overtime matches I'll have to go for a small surprise here. K-Laser played four overtime mathces so far this season , and three of those four came when they were underdogs , just like they are today. Both teams have similar attacks / defences so this should be a close game and maybe decided in the final 5-10 minutes. DRAW , 4.64 10bet , 10units Two bottm table teams will decide who is better today . Jesenice and Znojmo won a total of 7 points so far this season. Jesenice won just one match as well as Znojmo , which is awful performance in any league. But this is the jesenice way , they have a poor start and a good finish of every season in past three seasons. Znojmo is a new team in this league and I expected more from them , maybe even to challenge for title , but they are nowhere close that level. But since both teams are having trouble scoring goals and Jesenice is underperforming this could go to overtime. Maybe even with a 1:1 score at the end of regular time.

Re: European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011

port Ice Hockey
Event Jokerit - Blues
Selection Jokerit
Strength 10/10
Date 08/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.50
Reasoning Jokerit will face rivals Blues tonight in Finland SM hockey liga. Jokerit are 2nd placed right now, just 1 point less from the current leaders Kalpa, but also with 2 matches less and with eventual win tonight, could climb the leaders position. They got experienced and quality squad, and seems to be the biggest favourite for the tittle right now. Jokerit are very strong home side and I really cant see them dropping points against Blues today. Jokerit got 4 straight wins from the beginning of the season at home, and 3 of them are with 2 or more goals difference. Jokerit Helsinki Kalpa Kuopio 4:0 01.10.2011 Jokerit Helsinki Saipa 4:3 24.09.2011 Jokerit Helsinki Hameenlinna 6:0 20.09.2011 Jokerit Helsinki IFK Helsinki 5:3 15.09.2011 They got the best offense in the league, scoring 31 goals in 7 games so far, and in the same time, the best defensive line, conceding only 13. Blues are coming from 2 straight loses. Their last game was at home against poor Ilves, and after leading with 2:0, Blues missed the chance to take the win and lost with 2:3 OT. Blues are poor travelers as they got 3 loses in their last 4 visits, conceding 12 goals in this 4 matches. I see huge class difference and I expect Jokerit to win

Re: European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011 X ( no OT ) , 4.42 pinnacle , 10units Sparta Prague played three games at home. They drew 2:2 against Liberec , lost 3:5 to Karlovy Vary , and drew their last game 0:0 against Trinec. Vitkovice played four games on road. Draw against Plzen 3:3 , won 6:0 at Liberec , drew 2:2 at Karlovy Vary and lost 4:2 against Budejovice. Last season Vitkovice won all four of their mutual meetings , including two games in Prague. I think Vitkovice is a better team , they have much better attack , and they should win this game. But since Sparta can play extremely good defense at home , they have a good goalie , and Vitkovice has some trouble recently with injureies in defense and penalty minutes , maybe this could end in a 3:3 or 2:2 draw. Vitkovice's defender Karol SLoboda is injured.

Re: European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011 X ( no OT ) , 4.75 nordicbet , 10units Tingsryds did not win a single game so far this season , but this is the perfect chance to do so. They lost three games at home , 1:6 against Mora , 1:2 against Vasteras , 1:5 against Oskarshamn. Almtuna won against Sundsvall 4:2 , lost 4:2 to Orebro and won3:2 against Boras. But Tingsryds won both of their home games at home against Almtuna 3:0 and 5:2 and drew both road games against Almtuna. Tingsryds will go for a win in this game , at least that is what the coach and players are saying , but I do not think they are capable of more than getting a draw right now because they are the worst team in the league. And since Almtuna is a low scoring team on road this could be a 2:2 or maybe even a 1:1 draw given the attacking mode f the home team

Re: European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011 X , 4.40 bwin , 10units This game has every chance to go overtime. Zhlobin is the leading team in Belarus and they have the best home record , 5 wins and 1 defeat. Yunost Minsk has the second best record on road , 5 wins 2draws 1 defeat. Both goalies are at 94% shots saved. Yunost already have two draws this season and they mostly score 2-4 goals on their matches on road. Zhlobin scores 3-5 goals at home. They conceded 1 goal in their first 4 home games , but in htier last two they conceded 5. Two close teams ( Yunost was the best road team last season ) and the home team's defense is slightly lowering their level , so draw is the most likely option but do not be surprised even with a Yunost win. X , 4.40 betsafe , 10units Fassa is the surprising leader in Italy after five rounds. They won at home 4:2 aginst Val Pusteria , and drew 2:2 against Asiago. Valpellice started the season poorly but they are improving . They lost their opening two road games 5:3 to Val Pusteria and 5:1 to Asiago , but they drew their last road game 3:3 to Ponteba. I see here another 3:3 draw. Although Fassa won both home games they were not better based on stats. In their first game the shots on goal were the same as Val Pusteria's ( 31:32 ). In the second they were outshot 33:39. Valpellice 47:26 in the first game , 38:33 in the second , and 43:45 in their last game. So they are getting better and maybe this could even be a Valpellice win today but I think the draw is more realistic at this moment. You can watch the game on Raisport 1.

Re: European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011 X , 4.30 betsafe , 10units Frolunda and HV71 drew 3 of 5 games last season. This season Frolunda is great at home , 4 wins and two draws , no defeats yet. Tehy scored 16 and conceded 6 goals. HV71 on road 1 win 1 draw 2 defeats , 13 goals scored 13 goals conceded. Tradition says this is almost certainly a HV71 win , but given the Frolunda home form , I think that will not happen toady. Also HV71 is one of the best team in Sweden so I can not see a home win by more than one goal difference , so I'll try my luck with a draw between two equal teams. Injured players for Frolunda : Henry Tommernes. Injured players for HV71 : N/A.

Re: European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011 X , 4.20 bet365 , 10units Zlin already drew 4 of their 9 matches . They have just one defeat in regular time this season. At home they drew 2:2 against Kladno , won 2:1 against Pardubice , won 4:2 against Liberec and lost 0:2 against Sparta. Vitkovice drew 2 of their 5 road games. They drew at Plzen 3:3 , won at Liberec 6:0 , drew at Karlovy Vary 2:2 , and lost 4:2 against both Budejovice and Sparta. None of the teams has advantage in their mutual meetings so far. This is the most realistic draw today because both teams rely on hteir defense to provide results and only score few goals. Zlin is playing at home so they do have slight advantage but they are missing some of their key players for this match so Vitkovice can get at least a draw here. I'm predicting a 2:2 draw.

Re: European Ice Hockey - OCT 2011 X , 4.68 pinnacle , 10units Znojmo appointed new coach last week and they immediately recorded two wins. Today they are playing against a solid Medvescak team. Medvescak plays well at home and as was the case in last two seasons they do not win many points away from home. But that could change today. Znojmo although in good form and spirit right now will miss some of their defensive players. But since Medvescak will miss attacking players they should make this a low scoring game , so maybe a minimum win for the either side. But since the odds are great and Medvescak is not great on road , and Znojmo improved recently , I'll go for a draw in this one.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HC Verva LitvÃ*nov - HC ?SOB PojiÅ¡?ovna Pardubice
Selection 2
Strength 10/10
Date 18/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.20
Reasoning After a one day break the czech Tipsport Extraliga continues with another round of ice hockey. This time we will head to Ivan Hlinka Stadion where the HC Verva Litvínov will be hosting the last year`s playoff semifinalists HC ?SOB Pojiš?ovna Pardubice, teams meeting just for the first time in this new season. So far in the league table the situation is this, Litvinov, 4-6-2 record, 24:36 goals, after having a very decent start winning 3 out of the first 4 games, but since then they have won just once in 8 games. On the other side, Pardubice a team who has been present in the czech playoff in the last 3 seasons are a more constant team, ranking 8th in the league table with a 6-4-0 record, 31:23 goals coming from their 2nd win of their last 3 against the strong team of Plzen at home, 4-1. Meetings between the two last season: Pardubice Litvinov 4:2 Litvinov Pardubice 3:1 Pardubice Litvinov 4:3OT Litvinov Pardubice 3:1 Even though Pardubice have lost 3 out of the last 4 games at Ivan Hlinka Stadion, in these conditions where the visitors are coming with very decent 3-2-0 record, 16:10 on road, 2 wins in their last 3 games, I think they have a decent chance of a win against Litvinov who have lost 3 of their last 4 games at home (15:18 goals). My pick will be on Pardubice to win it in regular time.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event AIK IF - Vaxjo Lakers
Selection AIK IF -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.00
Reasoning Another ice hockey pick will be from the swedish Elitserien where there is only one match scheduled for today which takes the Vaxjo Lakers on road to Hovet Arena to take on the AIK IF team for the 2nd time this season after a very dissapointing 0-4 loss at home. Vaxjo are playing their first season in the big leagues after qualifying in the Kval till Elitserien playoff in prejudice of the Sodertalje who relegated to the Allsvenskan. So far they are having a great run, one that maby no one expected, so far did get a losing streak, coming from their 4th win of their last 5 games against Timra IK, 3-2OT. On the other side, AIK IF, a team that has allready one season in the Elitseries who in the last playoff surprised everybody when they kicked out the former champions HV 71 in the first round with the overall score of 4-0. Even though they started the season really good winning 4 of the first 5, now they are in a big of a slump, winning just 2 times in their last 8, but still they snapped a 4-game losing streak, taking now 2 of their last 4. Their previous meeting/s this season: Vaxjo Lakers - AIK 0-4 (0:1, 0:2, 0:1) 4. Nordström Joakim 24. Videll Linus (PP) 29. Ahlström Oscar 56. Rosén Robert As this win over the Lakers is quite fresh I think the home side have a chance of continuing their comeback. The home side will be mission Carlsson and Sandberg but they will get back Kent McDonell who will be making his debut against Vaxjo who last time scored 2 goals in 10 games at Rapperswil Lakers. Vaxjo is maingy team who won 3 of their 4 road wins in overtime, so they have a not that impressive 13:11 goal difference (+2). AIK has played even one less game at home than the Lakers on road and are still doing a better job (3-1-1 record, 15:11 goals) so I will be counting on the fresh wound of Vaxjo in this one to favor the home side. My pick will be for the AIK to win it by 2 or more goals.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Zurich Lions - Kloten Flyers
Selection Kloten Flyers -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 3.20
Reasoning National League A brings us a match today which in the past was more disputed where the Zurich Lions, winners of the Champions League against the Kloten Flyers. After a very week start the Lions show signs of comeback, ranking 8th in the league with just 19 points after 15 games, 7-7-1 record, 40:47 goals, coming from their 2nd straight win, at home against the HC Lugano, 2-1. They will add Ambuhl on the injuries list where allready they are Murphy, Down and Ziegler. Kloten Flyers, 2nd in the league table with 31 points afer 15 games played, 51:34, one of the best offense and defense so far, snapping a 4-game winning streak with a loss at HCD, 2-5 a difficult team on home ice. Just by looking at the only 2 consecutive losses of Kloten in these 15 matches played you can tell that this is a team with very good consistancy in results. Previous meetings this season: Zuric Lions - Klote Flyers 0:5 (0:2|0:0|0:3) 5:06 Marcel Jenni (Micki Dupont, Steve Kellenberger) 19:27 Eric-Ray Blum (Tommi Santala, Roman Wick) 41:12 Michael Liniger (Duvie Westcott, Sven Berger) 48:18 Victor Stancescu (Matthias Bieber, Duvie Westcott) 53:02 Romano Lemm (Roman Wick, Tommi Santala) The best offense in the league in road games with one of the best defense (27:17) will be coming to Zurich who is suffering some important injuries and last but not least they are not at their best at Hallenstadion where they have only 2 wins in 8 games and a difference between goal scored and goals against of -10 (17:27). I think this is a good pick to catch as Kloten will start as favorites and I will go with a win for them by 2 or more goals.