** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Another stupid idea from racing for change

Re: Another stupid idea from racing for change It may be stupid to you, old boy, but there are probably some younger people out there who appreciate the announcer calling the order. If you're watching it on TV then it's not for your benefit and you should take your grievances out on ATR or SIS. Are you really going to lose sleep over this? It's a minor issue!

Re: Another stupid idea from racing for change Tabby seems very anti Racing For Change. I don't agree with everything they do and I'm sure many others on here feel the same, but at the end of the day they are trying to change people's perception of the sport and encourage more to racing. If attendances increase, then prize money should greaten, too. Surely that isn't such a bad thing?

Re: Another stupid idea from racing for change

Tabby seems very anti Racing For Change. I don't agree with everything they do and I'm sure many others on here feel the same, but at the end of the day they are trying to change people's perception of the sport and encourage more to racing. If attendances increase, then prize money should greaten, too. Surely that isn't such a bad thing?
Jay, it wouldnt be so bad if Rod Street and his mates actually came up with a decent idea, the "filly factor" raised the profile of women commentators, but Hayley Moore wont get on to the roster until 2013 at least, if at all, the event but was shunned by ATR as they refused to carry their commentaries live because the betting office mob would hate it, thing is before SIS ruled the world EXtel was the only thing you have, in Portsmouth where I lived about 25 years ago, we had women doing the race calls as Extel thought as a womans voice would be clearer down a rubbish phone line, but for me it didnt sound right

Re: Another stupid idea from racing for change It sounds like in your book there couldn't possibly be any changes that might improve the experience of going racing! 'Rod Street and his mates' (RFC to the rest of us) are creating publicity for the sport and whether that's perceived as positive or negative by regular racegoers it's still getting the word out to everyone else.

It sounds like in your book there couldn't possibly be any changes that might improve the experience of going racing! 'Rod Street and his mates' (RFC to the rest of us) are creating publicity for the sport and whether that's perceived as positive or negative by regular racegoers it's still getting the word out to everyone else.
I think the main areas that should be addressed are 1. Prioe of Admission 2. Price of Food 3. Trying to get a bet on Which are imo the main bones of contention

I think its a great idea and lets face it the commentators on C4 and the BBC always do it anyway and the Aussie commentators do it all the time as well.
That's becasue they televise about five to seven races on any given day and they have a shit load of dead air time to fill with shit other than articles on what people are wearing and interviewing Z list celebs and footballers who have turned up to the races. If ATR or RUK have a day where they are showing four meetings at the same time then it's unworkable and unenforceable

I think the main areas that should be addressed are 1. Prioe of Admission 2. Price of Food 3. Trying to get a bet on Which are imo the main bones of contention
1. Wasn't there free admission to almost every track earlier this year, promoted by RFC? There is still free admission at Towcester on most race days, although I don't think it's in conjunction with RFC. It doesn't really matter to me if the races aren't all group 1's, what matters to me is finding winners. If you're going for a day out anyway, I think the general admission price is very competitive compared to other attractions. Family of four? Is a racetrack really a fun and exciting place for kids? 2. Food may be overpriced, but surely people can go a few hours without eating? I certainly don't attend racecourses for the dining. 3. Don't really know what your point is here; I've never had a problem getting a bet on in time when at a track. There's ample opportunity in the betting ring. If it was mega busy, I'd simply place it on my phone via internet.

It doesn't really matter to me if the races aren't all group 1's, what matters to me is finding winners. .
Therein is where your argument falls down, you are only interseted in lining your pockets! Now I know why I wanted away from this place Mods can you delete my profile its pointless trying to talk to some people

Therein is where your argument falls down, you are only interseted in lining your pockets! Now I know why I wanted away from this place Mods can you delete my profile its pointless trying to talk to some people
It does occur to me that your only input ever seems to be complaining about one thing or another. I have yet to see you post a selection on any of the comps here or provide interesting or stimulating discussion threads, so I wonder who will be the poorer for your decision to leave :\

Agree with Andy there! Tabby please dont leave us! :cry He will be back as Felixthecat tomorrow :rollin Ah all jokes aside Tabby your getting wound up over absolutely nothing! Prices to get into racing are very fair, i have a nice breakfast before i go, i dont like eating too much before a race meeting incase i have to put up with getting chinned on the line. :puke And i have always got a bet on! You have roughly 25 minutes between races to get a bet on so there is no excuses really (unless your in a wheelchair) ???

That's becasue they televise about five to seven races on any given day and they have a shit load of dead air time to fill with shit other than articles on what people are wearing and interviewing Z list celebs and footballers who have turned up to the races. If ATR or RUK have a day where they are showing four meetings at the same time then it's unworkable and unenforceable
Not really because Ive been told that the commentators have to try and remember to turn of their mics for the TV feed and only go through the order at the tracks. Anyway how long does it take to go through the order of finish for most races? Not very long at all is the answer and unless there is a race clash it could easily be fitted in. Also how often do ATR or RUK have four meetings in one day? Again hardly ever.

It does occur to me that your only input ever seems to be complaining about one thing or another. I have yet to see you post a selection on any of the comps here or provide interesting or stimulating discussion threads, so I wonder who will be the poorer for your decision to leave :\
Why does he have to submit selections to the comps? I hardly do as I mainly only bet on hunter chases but I still have an interest in racing even if I dont watch as much as I used to. Surely this forum should be more about finding winners anyway and debating all things racing? If you dont like what Tabby posts then dont read it and look at a thread that does interest you. I think the price to get in does need sorting out and I can see where Jay is coming from but maybe it should be on a sliding scale depending on the quality on the track. Also Towcester have made a huge success by offering free entry so Im surprised more dont try it on a regular basis. I bring my own food and either have it on the train in my way there or at the track. However to say that everyone who turns up to the races isnt going to want to eat the food there is a bit silly and it is over priced and needs improving on. As for getting a bet on Im not sure what Tabby means there as its pretty easy really. If I ever go to the Festival Ive put all my bets on beforehand anyway or lke Jay says just use my phone.

. Also how often do ATR or RUK have four meetings in one day? Again hardly ever.
I'd say more often than "hardly ever" Every bank holiday probably. Anyway, it's a pointless argument because the fact is that they already have races that they have to show in two screens because they're finishing virtually together so it's blindingly obvious that they can't read out all the finishers. As far as "on track" goes. You can't usually hear the ******* commentators at the finish over the noise of the crowd anyway so it's possibly the most pointless decision I've ever heard in my entire life.

Re: Another stupid idea from racing for change There are the trifecta-superfecta punters who want to know. The commentators are excused, by me, to miss the third-fourth horse and wait for the replay before announcing it, but they should more or less call those as well. The entire card, I don't think so - it's boring.

Re: Another stupid idea from racing for change A lot of people do match bets too so i suppose it would help them aswell if both runners finish well down the field. EDIT: Match bets can also involve more than 2 runners so suppose it is even better for those trying to keep an eye on 3 or more at the same time.

I'd say more often than "hardly ever" Every bank holiday probably. Anyway, it's a pointless argument because the fact is that they already have races that they have to show in two screens because they're finishing virtually together so it's blindingly obvious that they can't read out all the finishers. As far as "on track" goes. You can't usually hear the ******* commentators at the finish over the noise of the crowd anyway so it's possibly the most pointless decision I've ever heard in my entire life.
Yeah because we have lots of bank holiday's in this country. Also unless its a very busy day you can easily hear the end of a race. I have always liked it when I heard an Aussie call and they have done it so its a good thing that our guys are allowed to do it as well.