** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Tuesday 18th October

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October

Not a chance in hell he done that with the games ahead in mind. The old arch rival in Liverpool' date=' he would of wanted to go in with the 11 he thought was best suited to play.[/quote'] I think the original quote was actually correct - according to Rooney's Twitter, they were rested, I quote - Good result for u's today. Especially as we rested me. Hernandez. Berbatov. Vidic. Nani. Valencia. Carrick. Big games coming up. #Rested Straight from the horses mouth!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City vs Villarreal – Man City -1.5AH 1.98 at Bet365 (2.5 units) Villarreal are really struggling at the moment, with only 2 wins in 11 games all season and neither of these being away from home. I think losing Carzola has been a big loss for them and having watched them against Napoli they just don’t have the same quickness and verve in attack that I’d seen in previous seasons. I therefore think City should be able to stifle them defensively, and they will be hopeful of tricking their way past this defence plenty of times. Even without Aguero, they still have Silva, Nasri and an in form Ballotelli to cause a threat and I wouldn’t but it passed them to bag a few goals tomorrow. :hope
I was going to say this is good value also. After two draws City will feel this is a must win game for them being in such a tough group and playing bayern at home and Napoli and villarreal away won't be easy. This is their best chance to grab 3 points and city should pounce on it. Mancini rested some players against Villa but will still have an eye on the manchester derby next weekend. I expect City to win but Villarreal won't be easy to beat by a big margin. City WIN 1/3 10/10 units 32Red City -1.5 19/20 7/10 Bet365

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October What about CSKA? Is a very good chance for the Russians to come back in wins. They have a very good team, which is capable of scoring lot of goals. Trabzo cant play away from home, despite winning Inter. I also cant see Trabzo being first in a group.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Napoli v Bayern Munich Should be a cracking game this one, Napoli appear to be the most attacking Italian side currently and have a well respected strike force in Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani. Well documented they play far better against sides that attack them, counter attacking at speed. Bayern are tight as a drum, they have certainly the best goalkeeper in the world and the defensive unit is well settled, I still have concerns regarding Van Buyten but you can't argue with the defensive record, they have been the most impressive team in Europe so far this season. The styles of play are not a particular contrast, both play with a front three and have pace and ability throughout the attacking sectors, Bayern are hardly a team that attacks with little defensive responsibility, Bayern certainly have an advantage from this defensive viewpoint, Napoli can be exposed at the back, as has been seen plenty this season. Schweinsteiger and Gustavo will need to be alert and disciplined. The Man City was a good example of how effective Napoli can be, they became more attacking as the game went on, but Man City are an inexperienced CL team, they were loose in possession that night on a high from their excellent start to the season and too confident perhaps. I don't think Bayern will fall into the same trap, they have an excellent mentality and won't be surging forward allowing themselves to be broken on, Bayern have plenty of tactical nous. I see a few people are favouring Napoli on a +0.5AH, which is understandable and probably a good value play. I personally can't see Napoli winning, I think Bayern have been simply awesome so far and are impossible to oppose, Napoli might well score but this is a massive test for them and although a rare sell out will give them a boost, I fancy Bayern to be more likely to grab the win and I'll take them with draw cover. I can't imagine Bayern not scoring and think it is unlikely Napoli will get two, price is certainly borderline 'value', but I think it supports the most likely outcome. Bayern DNB - 1.5 - 5 points - Coral Man City v Villarreal The aforementioned City Napoli game was a good experience for City, they are not experienced in Europe and struggled against Napoli but could easily have won all the same, they were outclassed by Bayern and got a bit battered in truth, but Bayern are one of the 5 strongest home teams in Europe and again they will have learnt from this. They had the luxury of resting Silva and Nasri at the weekend but expect them to play tomorrow along with Aguero who returns after injury, Tevez is still out in the cold. They certainly missed De Jong's ability to break up attacks against Bayern but he is back and important to the side, he did play at the weekend so hopefully won't be rested, don't think he will. Expect a front line of Silva, Aguero, Nasri; Dzeko. Pretty impressive. Villarreal are in trouble. Look at the squad for this game; Keepers: Diego López, César and Mariño. Defenders: Mario, Zapata, Musacchio, Gonzalo, Marchena and Catalá. Midfielders: Bruno, Wakaso, Cani, Borja Valero, Hernán Pérez, De Guzmán and Marcos Gullón. Strikers: Rossi, Gerard and Joselu. No Nilmar, no Ruben, no Senna, their attacking options look limited, Rossi is obviously a threat but City are no mugs at the back and are very good defensively at home, Villareal played a full side at the weekend and still failed to score, Rossi will struggle unless he can get some decent service which doesn't look likely to me. City will be smarting from they poor start to the CL campaign and have to win this game if they want to progress, simple as that. Villarreal have 7 points from 7 games and will struggle to get anything from this game. It's my strongest fancy for the round, City might struggle for a while to break through but I fancy 2 or 3-0. Man City -1AH - 1.49 - 10 Points - Pinnacle Man City -1.5AH - 1.98 - 5 Points - Pinnacle Might have a look at goals in the Real Madrid v Lyon game tomorrow also, letting that thought digest for a bit..

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Otelul Galati vs Man Utd under 2.5 @ 2.5 (Stan James) United away in Europe have been very underish in recent times. Last year only one away game went over en route to the final, a 3-0 win in Bursaspor. This year they have played one away and it has gone under, the 1-1 draw in Benfica. Although their defence has looked dodgy in recent games, their defensive record in Europe is outstanding, I don't think they even conceded a goal away from home last year. I very much doubt that Otelul Galati will score; they will no doubt be bang up for this fixture but by all accounts they are lacking in quality, and they sit only 9th in the Romanian league at the moment. It's worth noting that the game will not be played in their home stadium, it will be played many miles away (in Bucharest, I believe). Their one home game in the CL finished 0-1 against Benfica, and I think they will play a defensive game again here, as they won't want to leave spaces at the back for United to exploit. This game is of course sandwiched between two vital league matches. If United take a lead, I imagine they will be happy to kill the game and will not be interested in tiring themselves out by trying to run up a big score. Subs will be made and key players will be taken off as soon as the 3 points seem secure. Despite recent defensive problems, I reckon they will be confident they can see this game out if they get in front. Another factor is that the pitch is reported to be poor. I think this in itself favours an underish game; it also means players are at increased risk of picking up an injury, which will be a further incentive for United to try and get the three points with as little bother as possible. Fergie will want a simple win here and a professional performance, he won't care about entertaining. I can really see United getting a no-frills 1-0 or 2-0 win, though it may be worth putting a cover bet on 3-0. I think this price on unders is good value so have taken it.

Then stay away from coupons like this. 6 matches and none of them holds any value. Good luck :)
I wouldn't put money on any of these bets if they were single bets (except maybe Lille-Inter). I don't see value in any of these bets INDIVIDUALLY, but collectively, I do.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October My selections this week: Basel-Benfica both teams to score @ 1.57 thanks to 2 very aggressive teams. Ajax DNB @ 1.83 as I see them having a little too much quality for the Croats. Lille-Inter both teams to score @ 1.80 thanks to Inter's defence and Lille's home form up front. I was also tempted by Man City at AH-1.5 but to be honest I have a horrible feeling they'll be a bit underwhelming and only win by the single goal. They've disappointed me in Europe a bit so far, and I can't help but wonder if fan expectation is a little unrealistic, or getting to the players? Just my 2c anyway. And yes, :welcome Hitch.

Otelul Galati vs Man Utd under 2.5 @ 2.5 (Stan James) United away in Europe have been very underish in recent times. Last year only one away game went over en route to the final, a 3-0 win in Bursaspor. This year they have played one away and it has gone under, the 1-1 draw in Benfica. Although their defence has looked dodgy in recent games, their defensive record in Europe is outstanding, I don't think they even conceded a goal away from home last year. I very much doubt that Otelul Galati will score; they will no doubt be bang up for this fixture but by all accounts they are lacking in quality, and they sit only 9th in the Romanian league at the moment. It's worth noting that the game will not be played in their home stadium, it will be played many miles away (in Bucharest, I believe). Their one home game in the CL finished 0-1 against Benfica, and I think they will play a defensive game again here, as they won't want to leave spaces at the back for United to exploit. This game is of course sandwiched between two vital league matches. If United take a lead, I imagine they will be happy to kill the game and will not be interested in tiring themselves out by trying to run up a big score. Subs will be made and key players will be taken off as soon as the 3 points seem secure. Despite recent defensive problems, I reckon they will be confident they can see this game out if they get in front. Another factor is that the pitch is reported to be poor. I think this in itself favours an underish game; it also means players are at increased risk of picking up an injury, which will be a further incentive for United to try and get the three points with as little bother as possible. Fergie will want a simple win here and a professional performance, he won't care about entertaining. I can really see United getting a no-frills 1-0 or 2-0 win, though it may be worth putting a cover bet on 3-0. I think this price on unders is good value so have taken it.
good reasoning here and in Europe in recent campaigns they have been under on the road, the one thing about this particular European campaign compared to past seasons, Manchester United have gotten off to a slow start. They've started fast in past seasons and have led the group from the start. So maybe the potential of Goal Difference coming into play crosses Fergie's mind?

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October I see many trying to play Otelul on handicap or thinking about this game as being very tight. Well, from my point of view ( I'm form Romania following Romanian league closely ) Otelul is nowhere near having a chance against Manchester. They won only one game at home this season so far and are ridiculous compared to last season when they won surprisingly the championship. They didn't transfer any player during summer and I wouldn't give them much chance. They have no European experience and as they did with Benfica, they will run into this game most probably without attitude and scared trying not to lose by a huge score. With Manchester having only 2 points, I'd back them to take the game seriously and finish it early. I'll happily take Manchester on handicap tonight. Good luck all!

I wouldn't put money on any of these bets if they were single bets (except maybe Lille-Inter). I don't see value in any of these bets INDIVIDUALLY' date=' but collectively, I do.[/quote'] Hmm, how could a string of 'single bets which have no value' be of value collectively?

Not a chance in hell he done that with the games ahead in mind. The old arch rival in Liverpool' date=' he would of wanted to go in with the 11 he thought was best suited to play.[/quote'] I think he showed Liverpool no respect and rested the players for the champions league and City games! Fletcher is a complete mule, he played Jones out of position where he could have easily put Anderson, i know Jones can play in midfield but Anderson is a better option! He played Welbeck on his own up front, how is that better than having Rooney up front on his own or Hernandez up front on his own? He clearly showed Liverpool no respect and was saving players for the games up ahead as he knows he has to play full strength in Romania before using them all again to play City. If he played Anderson, Carrick, Park, Giggs and Nani with Rooney up front it would have been just as defensive as the side he put out against Liverpool only with better quality players.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Hello punters... I've been reading this forum for a long time( probably for 2 years), but this is my first post. I hope I can write regularly on this forum, with at least 51% correct bets :ok Before deciding my bets, I read all of your posts... Also I try to interpret your ideas with mine. Lets look at the matches. CSKA vs Trabzonspor CSKA is really a good team, but they are not as wellshaped form as two months ago. Trabzonspor's best and actually only real forward "Burak Yilmaz" is banned for this match.Burak is really important for Trabzonspor, because he is not only fast while counterattacking but also strong as a target forward. So, Trabzonspor will just try to defend his goal, in other words they just want a draw.. Nothing more.. I cannot see that Trabzonspor to score. Also, I think that CSKA has enough strenght for a win. Their last chance to qualify higer stages in CL. Here is my bets for tis match. Trabzonspor cannot score anytime : 9/10 :hope CSKA - Trabzonspor UNDER 2,5 Goals : 6/10 CSKA is the winner : 7/10

Thinking of backing Galati on the handicap' date=' considering Man Utd's dip in form and with no Ferdinand I can see Galati at least scoring[/quote'] Where is this dip in form? Who have United lost to this season?

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Man City vs Villarreal It is a kind of important match for both teams. This year City is really on fire and I think R.Mancini learned to how the team should play. If they want to qualify next stages, they should win this match. Premier league has lots of teams similar to villarreal such as Snderland, Everton etc... Man City is powerful from all that teams, and I think they win this easily. Man City is the winner : 9,5 / 10 Man City -1 Handicap : 8/10 :hope

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October SC Otelul Galati V Man Utd -1 Man City -1 v Villarreal Total odds: 2.91 Sportsbet My first bet for this round is on a little Manchester double. Both games have been covered fairly well in this thready already, but I'll still throw my 2 cents in. SC Otelul Galati v Man Utd I've taken Man United on the handicap as I fancy them to win this fixture comfortably. They have been very impressive in the league this year and have rarely struggled to win games, they may not have continued the same form in the UCL, but I'm not reading into that too deeply. They still have a much better squad, a huge amount of experience - not to mention a very good away record in the competition over the past decade, and then you look at the players who were essentially rested against Liverpool - Rooney, Nani, etc. Those players will be quite fresh and will be looking to make an impact, especially Rooney who will be looking to put recent troubles behind him, yet again. I can't see a massive scoreline - perhaps a comfortable 2-0 or 3-0? As somebody already pointed out earlier in the thread - United will most likely look to secure the 3 points with a few goals, but I honestly can't see them pushing the foot to the floor and trying to put a bag of goals past their opponents. After all, they do have the Manchester Derby in a couple of days time. No need to overdo it. Man City v Villarreal As for Manchester City, well It's a different kettle of fish, but it's very hard to oppose them. They have such depth and quality in their side at the moment, that it’s hard to see many teams in world football holding them at bay. Sure there is a number of teams who'd give them a fantastic run for their money, but I personally don't count Villarreal as one of them. I've watched City start the EPL with a bang this year, and watched them again at the weekend just stroll past Aston Villa without a drama. They need the points in the this game and Mancini has almost a full squad to choose from. Silva is probably their most consistent player this year and he was rested for a large portion on the weekend, so I'm expecting him to come back with a bit of spice. Aguero also returns from a knock, and we all know what sort of form he has been in. I will be honest and say I haven't seen any of Villarreal this season. I have done my research though and can see from various stats, articles, and opinions on this forum, that they aren't having a good run of things at the moment. With that in mind, I can't really see them rivalling Manchester City, especially being away from home.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October O. Galati vs ManU I don't have really to say anything. I think that there won't be any suprises and a sure and relax win for ManU. Rooney rested little bit at last weekend. Also Nani rested. I think these are enough for Galati.. My bets for this match ; ManU is the winner : 10/10 ManU -1 Handicap : 9/10 :hope ManU is HT/ FT winner : 9/10 :hope Total goal between 4-6 Goals : 8/10

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Lille vs Inter Milan Inter's poor form graphic is continues but I still have the same thought. Inter has potential but they can not use it this year. Inter was a kind of machine, but after Leonardo's manager term I think that machine was broke down. Rannieri has lots of experiences to fix it. He may not create a new machine, but I think he has the ability to fix it. Experienced players know the imortance of match, and I think Inter will get at least a draw from here. On the other hand I expect at least a goal from Lille side. My bets are Inter is the winner : 5/10 Draw : 6/10 Total Goals Over 2,5 Goals : 8/10 :hope Both teams to score : 10/10 :hope

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Otelul Galati - Man.United = over (1.61) bet365 stakes 7 / 10 Otelul Galati position 4° points 0 Man United position 3° points 2 Preview: Man United: absent: Rio Ferdinand. The Otelul Galati started the season disastrously lying ninth in the standings, the team not in shape. The coach of the home team has stated that his team will be playing offensive because the only useful result is just the victory even though he faced a team among the best in Europe like Man United. Man United are unlikely to see the next to last in the standings with only two points, but I think this is the game to get closer to the summit of the group. Action game with many scoring chances. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Napoli-Bayern = 2 (2.00) / both teams to score (1.65) Eurobet stakes 5 / 10 Naples, position 2° points 4 Bayern position 1° points 6 Preview: Napoli: Injured: Pandev. Britos, Donadel. Bayern: in doubt: Robben; falls: Luis Gustavo, Rafinha. The Napoli is doing well in both league and the Champions League but Bayern will face one of the strongest teams in the world. Bayern are dictating the law in his league. Are 14 games that does not undergo goals but I think this record will be deleted right against Napoli team that counts among its ranks as the attackers Hamsik, Lavezzi, Cavani. In the end I think this is a game with many goals and actions that can be done at the end Bayern's match. Quote of the sign 2 down on many books. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Dinamo-Zag Ajax =Dinamo Zag 0 HA (1.90) bet365 stakes 5 / 10 Dinamo Zagreb position 4° points 0 Ajax position 3° points 1 Preview: Ajax: Injured: Boilesen (defender 4 / 0), Serero (forward 4 / 0), Ebecilio (forward 4 / 0), Özbiliz (forwad 0 / 0), Sigthórsson (forwad 8 / 5). Dinamo Zagreb has a score of w0-d0-l2 goals scored 0 goals against 3 while Ajax has a score of w0-d1-l1 goals scored 0 goals against 3. Dinamo Zagreb in the last game played against the great Real lost with a score of 1-0 playing a good game. Ajax goes wrong in the league the last four games has won only one point. At the end I think the home team can win the game for the absences of the visiting team is very important factor for the field enjoying a hot environment. Quote of the sign 1 down on many books. :hope:hope:hope

I was going to say this is good value also. After two draws City will feel this is a must win game for them being in such a tough group and playing bayern at home and Napoli and villarreal away won't be easy.
I never quite get the idea that must win games equate to big winning margins for short priced favourites. After all, they only need the three points. City haven't done anything inspring in the first two games, and there's nothing to suggest they'll suddenly pull it together. In Europe I'm talking about, forget the league. The league is inconsequential.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Real Madrid - Olympique Lyon Lyon was the Real's black cat for sometime. Last year they managed to eliminate them for the first time. This game is in the group stage, so it won't be so important for the two teams that will almost 100% go through this group. Real has great attacking players but have problems in their defence. They did not concede only 5 times in 12 official games. Yes two of these 5 were in the CL but i think they'll concede today. Iguain is in good form lately so he and CR are probable goalscorers. I think to choose some of these bets: Over 2.5 goals, odds: 1.48 @ unibet 9 / 10 (very low but in a combo will do enough) Both teams to score: 2.05 @ unibet 7 / 10 Ronaldo, Cristiano Anytime 1.55 @ unibet 7 / 10 Higuaín, Gonzalo Anytime 1.85 @ unibet 7 / 10

He clearly showed Liverpool no respect and was saving players for the games up ahead as he knows he has to play full strength in Romania before using them all again to play City.
He did not do that. He let Liverpool lead the game which they obviosly are not able to. He was thinking to push in the last minutes but the goal from the free kick change his plans. United were lucky to equalise but that does not change the fact that the game was even...and dull!!! For today's game it will be interesting who will start but as I remember last away games (Valencia 1-0, Bursaspor 3-0, Rangers 1-0, OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE 0-0, Chelsea 1-0, Schalke 2-0 and Benfica 1-1) in CL the most reasonable bets here are: Otelul not to score odds: 1.72 @ unibet 9 / 10 Both to score: No odds: 1.62 @ unibet 9 / 10 Under 2.5 goals, odds: 2.35 @ unibet 6 / 10 Correct score: 0-2, odds: 6.50 @ unibet 3 / 10 Good luck

Got a £100 treble on: City Win @ 1.30, +1.5 Goals Lille, +1.5 Real Madrid Works out @ 1.98 on Bet365 First post on here usually just read your guys stats and tips. Thought I would post, this week.
:welcome to PL :ok Please have a read of the house rules..... All bets without reasoning usually go here .... http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/midweek-bets-thread-18th-20th-october-122642/#post2035320
I wouldn't put money on any of these bets if they were single bets (except maybe Lille-Inter). I don't see value in any of these bets INDIVIDUALLY' date=' but collectively, I do.[/quote'] Personally, from experience, I'd steer clear of putting short priced favourites into any form of accumulator in the Champions League. As it's quite often, in the group stages, the side you least expect to slip up that actually will. Remember that the bookies set the odds knowing that punters will lump on regardless. :welcome to PL and GL with your bets :ok

He did not do that. He let Liverpool lead the game which they obviosly are not able to. He was thinking to push in the last minutes but the goal from the free kick change his plans. United were lucky to equalise but that does not change the fact that the game was even...and dull!!! For today's game it will be interesting who will start but as I remember last away games (Valencia, Bursaspor, Rangers, Benfica, OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE, Chelsea, Schalke and Benfica) in CL the most reasonable bets here are: Otelul not to score odds: 1.72 @ unibet 9 / 10 Both to score: No odds: 1.62 @ unibet 9 / 10 Under 2.5 goals, odds: 2.35 @ unibet 6 / 10 Correct score: 0-2, odds: 6.50 @ unibet 3 / 10 Good luck
Why would he let Liverpool lead the game? Thats a pile of poo-poo! Whats Fergies mobile number there? You seem to know what he does be thinking.. :lol The fact is shown by the starting line up is that he didnt show Liverpool respect and he fielded a weakened side, also with tonights game and City at the weekend in mind!

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Otelul Galati v Manchester United - 3 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.77 - BET365. This is an interesting tie. There's no real history on Galati to speak of and I see that we're hearing the same information about how the home side are very weak, haven't bought any players and are in trouble etc. Yet, their first two games were only lost by one goal. I think United are dreadfully short for an away side in the Champions League facing a home side that are not likely to see much of the ball, sitting back hoping for anything they can take. What we did see in the first two games though is both Basel and Benfica struggling to put them to bed, and in the process beating this corner handicap both times. I fancy the same to happen here.... I can't for the life of me imagine anything other than an easy United win, but remember the 3-3 draw last time out. Even if the side was changed it should have been enough to dispatch Basel. This is the CL and shocks happen every season each round.