** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Tuesday 18th October

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October

I will see you later when Ajax go home without 3 points!!! Zagreb will get a result tonight, and i think they will win! Get on that 2/1 Ajax buddy , an opportunity you surely wont miss out on! ;)
Delighted you lost your bets you little piss ant. Your 'know it all' is really off putting in here. Oh i forgot to mention, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nob Head

Lille vs Inter- Inter +0.5 AH @ 1.84 Betfair The betting has gradually swung towards the home team here as further favourites, though I am not seeing the reasons. Pricing Inter at around 3 is fair, but now they have gone beyond 4, there is hopefully large value. The troubles of Inter have been well documented, as shown by a league position just outside the relegation candidates. A crucial win last time out in the champions league away to the tricky CSKA means they sit in this table 2nd, with Lille 3rd. Lille have yet to win (or lose) in 2 games. In the championnat they have 5-4-1, having not lost since the first day. This match reminds me a lot of Dortmund vs Arsenal in the last fixture round. The home team were new to the competition after a number of years and had recently won their national leagues ahead of supposedly superior teams (Lyon/Bayern Munich). Dortmund lost one of their main midfielders (Sahin), as did Lille (Cabaye/Gervinho). The away teams were going through horrible domestic form (Arsenal losing to United, Liverpool) (Inter Catania and Napoli). I can see the result going the same way, i.e. a draw. Enough quality exists in Inters team that can go to Lille and get a result, irrespective of league form. This bet pays if Inter do not lose, so am more than happy to take this.
Easy :beer:cow

Delighted you lost your bets you little piss ant. Your 'know it all' is really off putting in here. Oh i forgot to mention, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nob Head
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Internet hardman!

Yeah..... please leave this sort of post out of the threads in future :ok Everyone has a say before and after the game, and we can't always be right.

THIS IS MADE MY NIGHT! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH TOO FUNNY! I HARDLY POST ON HERE BUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS HAS CHEERED ME UP CAUSE I HAD AN ACCUM WITH LEEDS TO WIN. COV SCORED 90+4 IM SCREWING! BLACKPOOL AND CRYSTAL PALACE WERE ALSO IN MY BET! :cry

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October UCL Tuesday: CSKA vs Trab Over 2.5 goals EVS 5/10 :) CSKA win 4/6 10/10 :) Basel vs Benfica Draw 12/5 6/10 :( Basel +0 5/10 13/8 :( Zagreb vs Ajax Zagreb 6/4 10/10 :( Lille vs Inter Inter/Inter 5/1 3/10 :nana Over 3.5 11/4 3/10 :(Real vs Lyon Lyon +1 3/1 5/10:( Napoli vs Bayern Napoli +0.5 EVS 7/10 :) Otelul vs Utd Draw 11/2 3/10 :cry City vs Villarreal Man city -1.5 EVS 10/10 :(

I cant understand why Lille has so much money. 93% play Lille to win. Is Lille a very experienced team? Or Inter has no players? Ranieri is a very good coach' date=' to me, and i think that [b']Inter has the quality not to lose. Dinamo Zagreb has a problem when plays against big-history teams, and Ajax is a team. Lay Dinamo. I think that if Bayern could choose which team whould like with in next round, she prefered Napoli and not Man City. I believe it very possible to give Napoli a point.
Very good night. Hope same tomorrow.

Dinamo Zagreb - Ajax Amsterdam [email protected] stake 2/10 Crucial match for Dinamo and for Ajax also considering the fact that both are on bottom of group D of CL. Dinamo is 4th with 0 point's in 2 games, losing from Real 1:0 and Lyon 2:0. Ajax have 1 point from 2 games, losing from Real 3:0 and draw with Lyon 0:0 at Amsterdam Arena. Knowing that pressure will be much on both side's I think that quality should prevail after all. Dinamo is ATM just an average team which if it would play in EL should be respectfull team as quality in that competition is lower and some clubs are not interested at all for that competition. In CL is different story and many of punters believe that Ajax is in downtrend, but it is quality side which is burning stick of dynamite and it could blow. This is match in which, by my opinion should win and secure 3 point's so much needed for future plans in CL, as in next match Dinamo goes to Amsterdam. So from Ajax point of view 6 point's in two games VS Dinamo could make impact if Real do them a favour and grab at least one win in two match ahead. It's all about Ajax and their attitude. And now about team's. Dinamo coming from surprize loss from Zadar @ Stanovi (2:1), Mamic executive director had a litlle show which was on TV blaming Badelj for his lousy game and contract negotiation. Team should look like : Kelava Vida - Tonel - Å imunić - Ibanez Calello Leko Badelj Sammir Rukavina - Beqiraj Vida is coming back on right position, while Å imunić will have a chance to prove himself as a quality signing, I rate Ibanez as really poor defence player, maybe in attack he look's more like a player, but defence positioning is really bad and makes him funny some times. Calello was first marked as a cat in a hat player, but he have showed him self look good in several games and we can sa that he is better and better player and can produce some good display's. Leko (the butcher) is back on his old workplace in the midlle where he should stop Ajax attacks from beggining. Badelj had a cricism from Mamic few day's ago and if you asd me his contribution may be under question. Sammir is also trying to show himself to scouts from several club's and he and his solo shows are even more funny. Beqiraj alway's trying hard but lacking real quality. Also, this is the first time for Dinamo in CL to play with two attacker's. Rukavina have speed, Beqiraj is a tank, they should produce som pressura on Ajax defence line. Dinamo without : Biscan,Chago, Ademi, Atta, Alispahic, Vrsaljko. On bench : Loncaric, Cufre, Tomecak, Kovacic, Pokrivac, Morales, Krstanovic. Ajax shuld look like this: Vermeer Van der Wiel-Alderwield-Verthongen-Anita Enoh-Eriksen-Janssen Sulejmani Boerrigter S. De Jong Ajax is in some kind of a bad streak, last 5 score 1-2-2 ( GD 6:8) but VS teams like Real, Twente and AZ. For me Ajax was alway's scoring machine and if Dinamo attack it could be bad for them knowing fast winger attacker's Sulejmani and Boerrigter. As for this match Ajax should be without Kolbeinn Sigthórsson, Aras Özbiliz i Nicolai Boilesen but all of them are well replaced. Ajax have a name and quality, brand of football and are on higher level of football profesonalism, just loo at Dinamo trainig schedule and compare it to Ajax, take a look at their training camps and it will be clear. Quality should prevail here. PS. If you follow me, you do it on your own risk. Nothing is guaranteed, just death. :)
0:2 FT +3.80 u

I will see you later when Ajax go home without 3 points!!! Zagreb will get a result tonight, and i think they will win! Get on that 2/1 Ajax buddy , an opportunity you surely wont miss out on! ;)
i'm not one to gloat, and i'm not going to gloat because i merely hazarded a guess based on how shite zagreb actually are - in actual fact i never actually tipped them but if everyone here is entitled to their opinion, then we should not see posts like the one i have quoted well done to those who made money on ajax tonight

I have to agree with you - I've only been here a short time but I've been very disappointed with the conjecture of many of the members, especially AIDYMAC. How can one have such strong opinions on the outcome of a match, when one does not have a strong knowledge of either team? How can you select Dinamo Zagreb based on having seen them play one match this season? When Mourinho was at Chelsea, I remember countless European matches where we would go 1 up and then shut up shop. The fact Real Madrid won 1-0 does not mean Dinamo Zagreb are in the same (or even similar) league as them. I mean, do you even know any of the Dinamo Zagreb players? Would you bet on the Croatian leagues? Then why bet on Croatian teams in any other situation?

Put some decent analysis in and you might get some credit, but putting in posts like this you appear like a total twat. So fcuk off :eyes, I give respect to anyone who tries to tip a winner, twats like you receive only abuse. Give your opinion before the result NOT AFTER!

I have to agree with you - I've only been here a short time but I've been very disappointed with the conjecture of many of the members, especially AIDYMAC. How can one have such strong opinions on the outcome of a match, when one does not have a strong knowledge of either team? How can you select Dinamo Zagreb based on having seen them play one match this season? When Mourinho was at Chelsea, I remember countless European matches where we would go 1 up and then shut up shop. The fact Real Madrid won 1-0 does not mean Dinamo Zagreb are in the same (or even similar) league as them. I mean, do you even know any of the Dinamo Zagreb players? Would you bet on the Croatian leagues? Then why bet on Croatian teams in any other situation?
I share your view, that is the reason why I visit this forum to get into match with guy's that now team's well and i must admitt that I have several guy's that I trust, after all this is why forum exist..:) but definately we should punt team's that we know better like domestic one's....

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Very disappointing night for me with both bets losing. :cryI watched the Basle game and while both teams wanted to get forward only Benfica was able create the clear cut chances. If some of the half chances were taking by either team then it was possible for overs but ultimately 2-0 to Benfica was a pretty fair result. Took a look at the highlights of the Madrid game and reviewed the stats after the game. What is clear is that Lyon got what they deserved, a real thumping (pun intended)! If Madrid play like that when it really matters in the knockout stages then they are going to be a really hard outfit to beat. Anyways congrats to those who did make good on their bets tonight. :clap

Basel-Benfica both teams to score @ 1.57 thanks to 2 very aggressive teams. :( Ajax DNB @ 1.83 as I see them having a little too much quality for the Croats. :clap Lille-Inter both teams to score @ 1.80 thanks to Inter's defence and Lille's home form up front. :(
Boo... Ah well, you win some, you lose some...

Put some decent analysis in and you might get some credit' date=' but putting in posts like this you appear like a total twat. So fcuk off :eyes, I give respect to anyone who tries to tip a winner, twats like you receive only abuse. Give your opinion before the result NOT AFTER![/quote'] sure that is true everyone is entitled to tip a winner but this guy Aidymac was impertinent trying to discourage people from the Ajax bet and he was not right and that's why such responsiveness from others

I also fancy Lyon to score at least once in Madrid When I look at Real's home games this season, I see only one clean sheet - against Ajax, and still Real left a lot of space for Ajax in that game, and were lucky not to concede The other thing - Lyon have quite a good h2h record against Madrid. OK, Real is usually much more careful at the back in CL, but still I see a goal from Lyon, especially that Carvalho is set to be missing. Real - Lyon both to score @1.909 spobet Real to win from behind @7 0.5/10 pts bet365
Man City first half goals >1.5 @3.8 with Sportingbet I'm backing Man City again, as I think they will get their first CL win tomorrow night Mancini rested Silva Nasri and Dzeko in the weekend win over Aston Villa, and stressed the importance of this game during today's press conference, so the team is fully focused. Villareal are quite poor on the road this season, and are yet to win, either in La Liga or Europe. They have Nilmar missing and Giuseppe Rossi is likely to be the only forward tomorrow. I know it's a long call, but I see Man City attacking from the start and looking to secure the victory as early as possible, having the weekend Manchester derby in mind. Villareal is a solid side, but I think Mancini's players will have too much for them. I'll also put small stakes on Man City to win to nil @2.05 (1 point) and Man City over 3.5 team golas @4.75 with Sportingbet (2 pts)
all lost not a good day for me :(

Napoli v Bayern Munich Should be a cracking game this one, Napoli appear to be the most attacking Italian side currently and have a well respected strike force in Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani. Well documented they play far better against sides that attack them, counter attacking at speed. Bayern are tight as a drum, they have certainly the best goalkeeper in the world and the defensive unit is well settled, I still have concerns regarding Van Buyten but you can't argue with the defensive record, they have been the most impressive team in Europe so far this season. The styles of play are not a particular contrast, both play with a front three and have pace and ability throughout the attacking sectors, Bayern are hardly a team that attacks with little defensive responsibility, Bayern certainly have an advantage from this defensive viewpoint, Napoli can be exposed at the back, as has been seen plenty this season. Schweinsteiger and Gustavo will need to be alert and disciplined. The Man City was a good example of how effective Napoli can be, they became more attacking as the game went on, but Man City are an inexperienced CL team, they were loose in possession that night on a high from their excellent start to the season and too confident perhaps. I don't think Bayern will fall into the same trap, they have an excellent mentality and won't be surging forward allowing themselves to be broken on, Bayern have plenty of tactical nous. I see a few people are favouring Napoli on a +0.5AH, which is understandable and probably a good value play. I personally can't see Napoli winning, I think Bayern have been simply awesome so far and are impossible to oppose, Napoli might well score but this is a massive test for them and although a rare sell out will give them a boost, I fancy Bayern to be more likely to grab the win and I'll take them with draw cover. I can't imagine Bayern not scoring and think it is unlikely Napoli will get two, price is certainly borderline 'value', but I think it supports the most likely outcome. Bayern DNB - 1.5 - 5 points - Coral PUSH Man City v Villarreal The aforementioned City Napoli game was a good experience for City, they are not experienced in Europe and struggled against Napoli but could easily have won all the same, they were outclassed by Bayern and got a bit battered in truth, but Bayern are one of the 5 strongest home teams in Europe and again they will have learnt from this. They had the luxury of resting Silva and Nasri at the weekend but expect them to play tomorrow along with Aguero who returns after injury, Tevez is still out in the cold. They certainly missed De Jong's ability to break up attacks against Bayern but he is back and important to the side, he did play at the weekend so hopefully won't be rested, don't think he will. Expect a front line of Silva, Aguero, Nasri; Dzeko. Pretty impressive. Villarreal are in trouble. Look at the squad for this game; Keepers: Diego López, César and Mariño. Defenders: Mario, Zapata, Musacchio, Gonzalo, Marchena and Catalá. Midfielders: Bruno, Wakaso, Cani, Borja Valero, Hernán Pérez, De Guzmán and Marcos Gullón. Strikers: Rossi, Gerard and Joselu. No Nilmar, no Ruben, no Senna, their attacking options look limited, Rossi is obviously a threat but City are no mugs at the back and are very good defensively at home, Villareal played a full side at the weekend and still failed to score, Rossi will struggle unless he can get some decent service which doesn't look likely to me. City will be smarting from they poor start to the CL campaign and have to win this game if they want to progress, simple as that. Villarreal have 7 points from 7 games and will struggle to get anything from this game. It's my strongest fancy for the round, City might struggle for a while to break through but I fancy 2 or 3-0. Man City -1AH - 1.49 - 10 Points - Pinnacle PUSH Man City -1.5AH - 1.98 - 5 Points - Pinnacle LOSS Might have a look at goals in the Real Madrid v Lyon game tomorrow also, letting that thought digest for a bit..
Not a great night, got lucky with Aguero's late goal and unlucky with Gomez's missed penalty, was too confident on City's chances and paid the price, I wasn't surprised they won even after going a goal behind but the handicap chance was certainly gone after that..

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October My double on City -1 and United -1 just missed out. I only watched United's game and they were very lucky to cover the handicap. My double on Rooney to score and United win + Dzeko to score and City Win also failed, Rooney covered his part of the deal but I'm not quite sure why Dzeko didn't score, I'll have to watch a replay and see where he and City went wrong. Not a great night, but you get that. Moving on to tonight :)

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October I apologise to people if i over-elaborated my feelings on the Ajax match last night! I was genuinely confidetn Zagreb were going to get a result, but hey ho they didnt! I dont buy in to what someone said a few posts back though saying that i was putting people off backing Ajax? Im sure all of ye have minds of yer own! I will be less bullish in future but i wont lower myself to some people's immature levels of abuse here either . I was bullish about Ajax losing, i got it wrong, lost a few quid, not the end of the world!

Otelul Galati v Manchester United - 3 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.77 - BET365. This is an interesting tie. There's no real history on Galati to speak of and I see that we're hearing the same information about how the home side are very weak, haven't bought any players and are in trouble etc. Yet, their first two games were only lost by one goal. I think United are dreadfully short for an away side in the Champions League facing a home side that are not likely to see much of the ball, sitting back hoping for anything they can take. What we did see in the first two games though is both Basel and Benfica struggling to put them to bed, and in the process beating this corner handicap both times. I fancy the same to happen here.... I can't for the life of me imagine anything other than an easy United win, but remember the 3-3 draw last time out. Even if the side was changed it should have been enough to dispatch Basel. This is the CL and shocks happen every season each round.
Apologies anyone that followed here. United were shockingly poor in the first half and had zero corners. The sending off in the second half just compounded things.

He did not do that. He let Liverpool lead the game which they obviosly are not able to. He was thinking to push in the last minutes but the goal from the free kick change his plans. United were lucky to equalise but that does not change the fact that the game was even...and dull!!! For today's game it will be interesting who will start but as I remember last away games (Valencia 1-0, Bursaspor 3-0, Rangers 1-0, OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE 0-0, Chelsea 1-0, Schalke 2-0 and Benfica 1-1) in CL the most reasonable bets here are: Otelul not to score odds: 1.72 @ unibet 9 / 10 Both to score: No odds: 1.62 @ unibet 9 / 10 Under 2.5 goals, odds: 2.35 @ unibet 6 / 10 Correct score: 0-2, odds: 6.50 @ unibet 3 / 10 Good luck
Very sad that I didn't pick the correct score but Otelul not to score in a combo where over on Basel-Benfica spoiled the things :wall:wall:wall

Otelul Galati vs Man Utd under 2.5 @ 2.5 (Stan James) United away in Europe have been very underish in recent times. Last year only one away game went over en route to the final, a 3-0 win in Bursaspor. This year they have played one away and it has gone under, the 1-1 draw in Benfica. Although their defence has looked dodgy in recent games, their defensive record in Europe is outstanding, I don't think they even conceded a goal away from home last year. I very much doubt that Otelul Galati will score; they will no doubt be bang up for this fixture but by all accounts they are lacking in quality, and they sit only 9th in the Romanian league at the moment. It's worth noting that the game will not be played in their home stadium, it will be played many miles away (in Bucharest, I believe). Their one home game in the CL finished 0-1 against Benfica, and I think they will play a defensive game again here, as they won't want to leave spaces at the back for United to exploit. This game is of course sandwiched between two vital league matches. If United take a lead, I imagine they will be happy to kill the game and will not be interested in tiring themselves out by trying to run up a big score. Subs will be made and key players will be taken off as soon as the 3 points seem secure. Despite recent defensive problems, I reckon they will be confident they can see this game out if they get in front. Another factor is that the pitch is reported to be poor. I think this in itself favours an underish game; it also means players are at increased risk of picking up an injury, which will be a further incentive for United to try and get the three points with as little bother as possible. Fergie will want a simple win here and a professional performance, he won't care about entertaining. I can really see United getting a no-frills 1-0 or 2-0 win, though it may be worth putting a cover bet on 3-0. I think this price on unders is good value so have taken it.
Happy with this but got a bit lucky on City -1 (AH), I didn't write it up as the reasoning had already been done on here. Now onto tonight.

My double on City -1 and United -1 just missed out. I only watched United's game and they were very lucky to cover the handicap. My double on Rooney to score and United win + Dzeko to score and City Win also failed, Rooney covered his part of the deal but I'm not quite sure why Dzeko didn't score, I'll have to watch a replay and see where he and City went wrong. Not a great night, but you get that. Moving on to tonight :)
You were spot on really, Dzeko let you down, did you see how many chances he missed?! I could have put some of those away! Unlucky anyway.

I apologise to people if i over-elaborated my feelings on the Ajax match last night! I was genuinely confidetn Zagreb were going to get a result, but hey ho they didnt! I dont buy in to what someone said a few posts back though saying that i was putting people off backing Ajax? Im sure all of ye have minds of yer own! I will be less bullish in future but i wont lower myself to some people's immature levels of abuse here either . I was bullish about Ajax losing, i got it wrong, lost a few quid, not the end of the world!
AIDYMAC, you only expresed your opinion, so no need to apologise. And yes, we have minds of our own so... Again no need to apologise. :) :cheers