** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Tuesday 18th October

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October

Dinamo had 2 attempts on targer' date=' Real had 11 attempts on target... :unsure[/quote'] Right? Away to Lyon they had 4 shots on target and Lyon had 5, whats your point? I saw the game against Madrid and although they only hit the target twice they had plenty of attempts on goal, i think it was 11 attempts and they defended quite well against a side that are far superior to Ajax... You surely dont judge a game on amount of attempts on target do you? :\

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point because the Asian Handicap odds are intrinsically linked to the match odds themselves, there will be times where the( -1.5) is preferable over the match odds but if the match odds themselves aren't value in your opinion then it's also highly unlikely that taking them on the Asian Handicap is value. Think Man City are too short here to be honest, not one I'd go about laying though to be honest. Villarreal have been priced up as if a lower mid-table Premier League side, whereas I'd have expect them to be around the level of an Everton or an Aston Villa, games in which Man City where priced up around the 1.45 mark. Admit to not knowing much about Villarreal, but surely they must have some quality to reach the Champions League in the first place.
If you know little about Villareal, how can you ascertain City are too short? Villareal were a good side last season, but Nilmar is injured, Rossi not in the sort of form he's capable and they've had a very average start to their season. They've also been beaten comfortably at Napoli last time out, and Napoli are a fairly average side themselves.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Салам алейкум, братья... Азербайджанцы ۩۞۩ Грузины ۩۞۩ Армяне ۩۞۩ Дагестанцы ۩۞۩ Осетины ۩۞۩ Чеченцы ۩۞۩ Ингуши ۩۞۩ КАВКАЗ ЕДИН, КАВКАЗ ЭТО СИЛА * МИР ВСЕМ CSKA Moscow - Trabzonspor Tuesday - Moscow, Luzhniki Stadium, 19:00 Referee Mark Klattenburg (England) CSKA (approximate composition): Gabulov - Semberas, Ignashevich, A. Berezutsky, Fedotov - Rahimic, Mamaev, Dzagoev, Tosic - Doumbia, Vagner Love Trabzonspor (approximate composition): Zengin - Serkan Bulge, Mustafa Yumlu, Gere Cachar, Chelustka - Kolman, Zokora, Volkan Sen, Merzheevski - Alanzino, Paul Brozhek Disqualified: None - Bulent Yilmaz Injured: Sekou, Igor Akinfeev, Keisuke Honda, Tomas Necid, Mark Gonzalez - Paulo Henrique, Atesh CSKA improuved a bit, they showed what are capable in Lille when down 0-2 : 2-2 .. then at home with Inter comeback from 0-2 but lost 2-3. I dont know about Trabzon much, it seems theyr style of play is way different from Fenerbahce or Galatasaray, this makes CSKA task hard. Turkish side wont be mad to go for 3p and will bring an open games - this open game will suit most CSKA wich has lazy brasilian "superstar" with blue hair Vagner Love and leading topscorer Doumbia both fast on counters. Trabzon will defend for one point, they have 4p from two games while "the horses" need badly 3p otherwise theyr chances to advance will decrease very much. Our team is that kind of team that wants to score by getting with the ball into net! Possible good bets: * If a penalty will be awarded for CSKA - defender Ignashevich will step on and the chances to miss are.. low. Ignashevich (CSKA Moskva) to score anytime @ 5.50 Bet365 * Corners CSKA : > 6.5 @ 1.90 Bet365. If it will take some time to get the goal Trabzon wont have problems to give away corners as they are avg away 9 for the opposite team [last 3 away at Benfica, Bilbao and Inter]. * Over 4.5 Yellow Cards @ 2.05 Bet365. [Red = 2 YC] - history of meeting russian teams vs turkish give reason to this type of bet. Most recent Alania Vladikavkaz vs Besiktas produced 14 yellow cards.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Dinamo Zagreb vs Ajax Ajax has been in a very bad shape the last 4 weeks, not because of lack of good players or a coach but because of lack of leadership and organization. Until the first half of this weekend's game between Ajax and AZ, I would say Zagreb will sure win this game. But after the first half we saw a totally different Ajax (the old Ajax we used to), because of good organization, the new position of Theo Janssen (offensive midfield instead of defensive midfielder) and the great pressure from the player on the ball. Theo Janssen the new player from FC Twente has now taken the leadership by Ajax and will play for the first time by Ajax from his favorite position. By the way he has been also taking the word and hold a speech for the players the first time after the first half against AZ. Well the result was obvious Ajax could equalize and Theo Janssen scored the second goal. I think it will be a very tough game for Ajax today, but they really want to get the second place in the group. So they will play offensive and put the pressure from the first minute on Zagreb players. I thinks that there is a great value in taking Theo Janssen to score the first goal, but if you want a sure bet then take Theo Janssen to score anytime, knowing that he will also take the free kicks. Theo Janssen to score the first goals 15 @ Unibet Theo Janssen to score anytime 5.5 @ Unibet

You surely dont judge a game on amount of attempts on target do you? :\
surely you dont judge "giving someone a very good game" based on the fact they had 11 shots on goal (9 of which went off target), especially considering real had as many shots on target as dinamo had total shots real destroyed them in that game, dont let the scoreline deceive you real won 1-0 in zagreb, i wouldnt be surprised if ajax won by more

surely you dont judge "giving someone a very good game" based on the fact they had 11 shots on goal (9 of which went off target), especially considering real had as many shots on target as dinamo had total shots real destroyed them in that game, dont let the scoreline deceive you real won 1-0 in zagreb, i wouldnt be surprised if ajax won by more
Are you seriously going to compare Ajax and Real Madrid in terms of quality!? :lol..

I will see you later when Ajax go home without 3 points!!! Zagreb will get a result tonight, and i think they will win! Get on that 2/1 Ajax buddy , an opportunity you surely wont miss out on! ;)

Are you seriously going to compare Ajax and Real Madrid in terms of quality!? :lol..
Would agree there HastGill... They are a world apart. I think people still live off the name "Ajax".. They are not half the team they were years ago... Real Madrid are lightyears ahead of Ajax, hence why im confident Zagreb will get a result tonight.

The two stonewall penalties not given helped. I'm going for: Lille Man Utd Man City Chelsea Marseille 7/1 at William Hill :hope
Implying what? That City deserved a result? Because Bayern outplayed them for 90 minutes... And you need reasoning with your post or you can post them in the midweek thread!

Implying what? That City deserved a result? Because Bayern outplayed them for 90 minutes... And you need reasoning with your post or you can post them in the midweek thread!
We were the better side for the first 25 minutes, but our defending was comical during the latter part of the first half. Second half performance was embarrassing. I've posted in the wrong forum again? Oops. Any other betting forums that aren't so hard to navigate? Punters Lounge has a nightmare layout. I'm out.

We were the better side for the first 25 minutes, but our defending was comical during the latter part of the first half. Second half performance was embarrassing. I've posted in the wrong forum again? Oops. Any other betting forums that aren't so hard to navigate? Punters Lounge has a nightmare layout. I'm out.
Punters Lounge is probably the best forum in the world buddy! But you do need a brain the size of a chimpanzee to get around it! See ya later pal :spank:lol:beer

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October I see that some of you have interest in Dinamo-Ajax game. I watched few Dinamo"s games this season( against Malmo twice, against Real, against Lyon and against my team Hajduk Split). I can agree that Dinamo posesses talented players but when it comes to the big games they usually come empty handed. Against Real they were flying and were very motivated, cause that was a game against big Real, on the other hand Real was playing just one more game in a row so I do not take this match as an example of Dinamo"s "fine" match. In Lyon they lost match due to unexperienced players, they were in some parts of the game good, but I never saw them taking point/s. Lately they are looking exhausted, lost in Zadar and in that game Dinamo was totally outplayed. After that game CEO of Dinamo was mad at players and their performance, so he decided to cut players premiums( not sure how motivating is this before important match ). In addition, some players like Sammir and Badelj are not performing well on a pitch last month. This is a NO BET for me, but if I must take some bet then I think Ajax X2 is a good option. GL to everybody.

Punters Lounge is probably the best forum in the world buddy! But you do need a brain the size of a chimpanzee to get around it! See ya later pal :spank:lol:beer
My brain isn't the biggest! :p I'll try to post in the right section from now on, though. You give some great racing tips btw! :clap

My brain isn't the biggest! :p I'll try to post in the right section from now on, though. You give some great racing tips btw! :clap
I know thanks! Had 2 winners and a 3rd today, 6/1 win, 4/1 win and 9/2 e/w.... I agree ;):lol Thought you were off? Quick change of mind ;)

I know thanks! Had 2 winners and a 3rd today, 6/1 win, 4/1 win and 9/2 e/w.... I agree ;):lol Thought you were off? Quick change of mind ;)
Yes I know its the wrong forum place but could you tell me (link me) to the racing tips forum? As for my UCL tips - Dinamo - Ajax unders is enticing. Dinamo are a very strong, defensive team and managed to restrict Real to a 1 goal victory. If they play the same way I can see them restricting Ajax to very few chances (who themselves are not in the best form). I also agree with Aidy and feel that Dinamo can win here - the distance between the stronger teams and weaker teams is progressively decreasing (oxymoron much) as we saw with the slim 1-0 victory of Real. Ajax as has been stated are not the tema they were 10 years ago. Otelul - Man United - under 3,5 @1.60 - I see this the 'typical Man UTd' away performance with an early goal and they shut up shop in preparation of a tough premier league game. Yes this season they do not seem to be the United of the past 2 seasons, especially Europe wise, but I think Fergie would have severly stressed the importance of a win here, the earlier the better. As for Real Madrid - Lyon - I support Real Madrid and it pains me fo say this but I wouldn't be surprised if Lyon take something from the game. Our history vs. this french team is well documented and they have started the season well. We concede chances at home and I see value in Lyon (of course will not touch them as they are my team). Man City - Villarreal - I'm taking both teams not to score at around 1.80 - Villarreal have been far from impressive tis season, especially away from home. Their spine (Santi Cazorla) has left and they seem alittle lost without him - too much expected from Cani and Valero. They are a decent team, but not the strong team they were in last year. Everyone expects Man City to win (possibly thrash Villarreal) but I see more value in the both teams not to score.

Would agree there HastGill... They are a world apart. I think people still live off the name "Ajax".. They are not half the team they were years ago... Real Madrid are lightyears ahead of Ajax' date=' hence why im confident Zagreb will get a result tonight.[/quote'] but one should agree that a game vs Real Madrid can look a bit differently than a game against Ajax I don't think Ajax will come hold 60% of the possession and let Dinamo play on the counter

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Dinamo Zagreb - Ajax Amsterdam [email protected] stake 2/10 Crucial match for Dinamo and for Ajax also considering the fact that both are on bottom of group D of CL. Dinamo is 4th with 0 point's in 2 games, losing from Real 1:0 and Lyon 2:0. Ajax have 1 point from 2 games, losing from Real 3:0 and draw with Lyon 0:0 at Amsterdam Arena. Knowing that pressure will be much on both side's I think that quality should prevail after all. Dinamo is ATM just an average team which if it would play in EL should be respectfull team as quality in that competition is lower and some clubs are not interested at all for that competition. In CL is different story and many of punters believe that Ajax is in downtrend, but it is quality side which is burning stick of dynamite and it could blow. This is match in which, by my opinion should win and secure 3 point's so much needed for future plans in CL, as in next match Dinamo goes to Amsterdam. So from Ajax point of view 6 point's in two games VS Dinamo could make impact if Real do them a favour and grab at least one win in two match ahead. It's all about Ajax and their attitude. And now about team's. Dinamo coming from surprize loss from Zadar @ Stanovi (2:1), Mamic executive director had a litlle show which was on TV blaming Badelj for his lousy game and contract negotiation. Team should look like : Kelava Vida - Tonel - Å imunić - Ibanez Calello Leko Badelj Sammir Rukavina - Beqiraj Vida is coming back on right position, while Å imunić will have a chance to prove himself as a quality signing, I rate Ibanez as really poor defence player, maybe in attack he look's more like a player, but defence positioning is really bad and makes him funny some times. Calello was first marked as a cat in a hat player, but he have showed him self look good in several games and we can sa that he is better and better player and can produce some good display's. Leko (the butcher) is back on his old workplace in the midlle where he should stop Ajax attacks from beggining. Badelj had a cricism from Mamic few day's ago and if you asd me his contribution may be under question. Sammir is also trying to show himself to scouts from several club's and he and his solo shows are even more funny. Beqiraj alway's trying hard but lacking real quality. Also, this is the first time for Dinamo in CL to play with two attacker's. Rukavina have speed, Beqiraj is a tank, they should produce som pressura on Ajax defence line. Dinamo without : Biscan,Chago, Ademi, Atta, Alispahic, Vrsaljko. On bench : Loncaric, Cufre, Tomecak, Kovacic, Pokrivac, Morales, Krstanovic. Ajax shuld look like this: Vermeer Van der Wiel-Alderwield-Verthongen-Anita Enoh-Eriksen-Janssen Sulejmani Boerrigter S. De Jong Ajax is in some kind of a bad streak, last 5 score 1-2-2 ( GD 6:8) but VS teams like Real, Twente and AZ. For me Ajax was alway's scoring machine and if Dinamo attack it could be bad for them knowing fast winger attacker's Sulejmani and Boerrigter. As for this match Ajax should be without Kolbeinn Sigthórsson, Aras Özbiliz i Nicolai Boilesen but all of them are well replaced. Ajax have a name and quality, brand of football and are on higher level of football profesonalism, just loo at Dinamo trainig schedule and compare it to Ajax, take a look at their training camps and it will be clear. Quality should prevail here. PS. If you follow me, you do it on your own risk. Nothing is guaranteed, just death. :)

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Lille vs Inter- Inter +0.5 AH @ 1.84 Betfair The betting has gradually swung towards the home team here as further favourites, though I am not seeing the reasons. Pricing Inter at around 3 is fair, but now they have gone beyond 4, there is hopefully large value. The troubles of Inter have been well documented, as shown by a league position just outside the relegation candidates. A crucial win last time out in the champions league away to the tricky CSKA means they sit in this table 2nd, with Lille 3rd. Lille have yet to win (or lose) in 2 games. In the championnat they have 5-4-1, having not lost since the first day. This match reminds me a lot of Dortmund vs Arsenal in the last fixture round. The home team were new to the competition after a number of years and had recently won their national leagues ahead of supposedly superior teams (Lyon/Bayern Munich). Dortmund lost one of their main midfielders (Sahin), as did Lille (Cabaye/Gervinho). The away teams were going through horrible domestic form (Arsenal losing to United, Liverpool) (Inter Catania and Napoli). I can see the result going the same way, i.e. a draw. Enough quality exists in Inters team that can go to Lille and get a result, irrespective of league form. This bet pays if Inter do not lose, so am more than happy to take this.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October I'm going for Lille and Draw (double chance) @1.24 coupled with Manchester Utd to keep a clean sheet @1.61, double @2.01 Ladbrokes. Inter defense has been atrocious this season, taking from where they had left last season actually, where they even managed to lose by 2-5 against Schalke. They were slow and even lethargic against Catania and I can see them being given a rough time by the likes of Hazard, Sow and Cole. I'm not going for a Lille victory as they are inexperienced in The CL and have a tendency to let a lead slip. Man Utd will keep a clean sheet in my opinion as Ferguson was not happy with the adventurous nature of their defenders in that game, leaving space for the visitors to score three times so today they will be drilled to keep things tight.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Man Utd team announced, full strength virtually. Rooney and Hernandez upfront, Nani, Valencia, Carrick etc in also. Fergie will have them pumped up for this, and I fear Galati won't have any answers. Hopefully will be a goalfest... I would quote the odds from Sporting Index before someone reminds me of the rules, but they're currently suspended. Think it was buy at 3:4 earlier and that might creep up now. Should be a good game anyway :hope

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October CSKA vs Trabzonspor CSKA is really a good team, but they are not as wellshaped form as two months ago. Trabzonspor's best and actually only real forward "Burak Yilmaz" is banned for this match.Burak is really important for Trabzonspor, because he is not only fast while counterattacking but also strong as a target forward. So, Trabzonspor will just try to defend his goal, in other words they just want a draw.. Nothing more.. I cannot see that Trabzonspor to score. Also, I think that CSKA has enough strenght for a win. Their last chance to qualify higer stages in CL. Here is my bets for tis match. Trabzonspor cannot score anytime : 9/10 :hope :cow CSKA - Trabzonspor UNDER 2,5 Goals : 6/10 :wall CSKA is the winner : 7/10 :cow My primary bet was Trabzonspor will not score anytime. Good start at this night. GL everyone..

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Otelui Galati v Man Utd - Man Utd -1.5 @ 1.825 Bet365 Linegaard, Fabio, Vidic, Smalling, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Nani, Rooney, Hernandez. Very strong Man Utd line-up, this has turned into an important game for them due to two draws in the group so far and with that line-up they should have far too much for the Romanians who don't even have the luxury of playing in their own stadium. Utd by more than a goal is around 4/7 with other firms but this price looks very good, Rooney & Hernandez both made fleeting appearances at the weekend so will be fresh and will look to get some goals ahead of City at the weekend. Utd should cruise to victory in this one and hopefully won't have too much problem covering the handicap.

Hmmm interesting Man Utd team. Linegaard is a bit suspect imo. Fabio can be a liability, Smalling still improving, and Evra has been in decline for a year. So that's not the strongest back line United will put out. And then we have Anderson and Carrick stinking it up in the centre of midfield. They are a woeful combination in terms of creativity and are both prone to giving possession away with hopeless passes. Nani, Valencia, Rooney and Hernandez are the obvious threats. I don't think this will be a comfortable win for Man Utd tonight. Galati could easily score, and so I think 2.1 on them winning +1.5 is a worthwhile venture. I've also had a cheeky punt on the draw at 6/1 and 0-0 at 16/1. All three of these bets placed on Betfair. Good luck everyone!
Definitely agree that the Man Utd squad is lacking in defence but is good in offence. Therefore I play over2,75 @2,00 as I can see Man utd scoring a few but also letting in one or maybe even two.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October After checking out the starting team's for both Man United and Man City, I've decided to have a crack at the following in a small stakes double. Rooney to score and a United win Dzeko to score and a City win Total odds: 4.01 Sportsbet My reasoning is based on an earlier post. I expect both sides to dominate their respective fixtures, and these two strikers should pose the best threat. Rooney was bouncing the other night and I'd say he'd be looking for a big game tonight to put his troubles behind him, and also to get back in the swing of things before the big derby. Dzeko will be under pressure though, he has Aguero chomping at the bit on the bench. Dzeko has proved himself a worthy goalscorer though, especially earlier this season when he was called upon. GL All :D

Hmmm interesting Man Utd team. Linegaard is a bit suspect imo. Fabio can be a liability, Smalling still improving, and Evra has been in decline for a year. So that's not the strongest back line United will put out. And then we have Anderson and Carrick stinking it up in the centre of midfield. They are a woeful combination in terms of creativity and are both prone to giving possession away with hopeless passes. Nani, Valencia, Rooney and Hernandez are the obvious threats. I don't think this will be a comfortable win for Man Utd tonight. Galati could easily score, and so I think 2.1 on them winning +1.5 is a worthwhile venture. I've also had a cheeky punt on the draw at 6/1 and 0-0 at 16/1. All three of these bets placed on Betfair. Good luck everyone!
They failed to score against Benfica at home. They are 9th in the Romanian League and they have only picked up 2 points from a potential 9 in their last 3 league games. Its only a matter of how many United win by in my opinion. They dont need a good defence to beat this crowd

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October Giving some suggestions for tonight. Suddenly generosity stroke me.:lol Basel - Benfica, simple bet x2, riskier bet: x. Reasoning: Basel got a point to United(I dunno how, but whatever) and they are now in a position where they can really harm Benfica's qualification plan if they win tonight, 'cause Benfica have a very tough away game to MUFC which they could lose(quite probable). Lille - Inter simple bet Lille to score, Another decent bets: both to score, Risky bet: 1-1 exact score. Reasoning: Lille have conceded in a lot of their games in Ligue 1. They have conceded 2 at home from CSKA and away to Trabzon. They have a very good attacking line, but they rarely can keep a clean sheet. Inter will surely concede because they are poor in defence as it could have easily be seen so far(lots of goals conceded). They lack defenders and their defenders are in poor forms making mistakes, slow, etc ... Inter are still experienced though and I can see them getting a draw here. I don't understand the Lille hype, I'll just stick with them scoring. Man City - Villareal, simple bet 1, no risky bet here. Reasoning: I think Man City will win this one cause Villareal aren't that good in Europe(not even in Spain in fact). They lost 2-0 to Napoli and although they had opportunities, I cannot see them have another fate in front of a better opponent. Man City should win this one, because if they don't then it is dream over for them in CL. They do have the derby against MUFC so I dunno if they'll make the handicap, I'll just stick with the simple home win bet. Normally they should win BIG, because they need the goals in case of a tie in points, considering their bad situation so far. Napoli - Bayern, simple bet x2, not much value now, riskier bet X. Reasoning: Bayern are too good for Napoli. They won't strive too much to get a win, but they can easily get a draw and they will do just that, I think. Otelul - MUFC, simple bet away win, another decent bet: Otelu not to score, riskier bet: 0-2 score. I dunno if MUFC will strive too much here. They have the potential to really creep Otelu, but they also have an important match against Man City and I think that after they will score 2 goals they will play it chill. I don't worry too much of Otelu scoring, they are really not good at that. They're just strong in defense(not strong enough to get anything from Manchester though) Hope I've helped: Odds for an accumulator for simple bets: around 2.9