Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - 3-9 October

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Murray took a while to get going then played outstanding tennis, similar to his semi final form. Nadal couldnt live with him and its probably the best I have seen Murray play for 18 months, he totally owned Nadal.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October

Btw has anyone seen the Nadal-Murray thing? How on earth did Nadal win just four points in the third set?
Andy started to kill Rafa with his precise backhand crosscourts, and Rafa simply had not enough forces to run all over the court. Tha last game he won was in the 2nd set from 1-2 to 2-2 at his own serve, and from then on he lost 10 games in a row. He looked totally tired. He is growing old or something. Unbelievable. edit: I was wrong with that 2nd set score - actually Murray started to serve and the break came at 1-2 to 1-3. So Nadal won one more game at his own serve from 1-4 to 2-4. This makes 8 games lost in a row till the end of the match - not 10 games. Sorry.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October

Radwanska -3 vs Petkovic. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Have to favour Radwanska here. She's in the best form of her life and it's nice to see her finally play real tennis and hit some hard shots as well not only defend all the time. She owns Petkovic 4-0, two of the wins have been recorded this year. Petkovic could not even beat Radwanska in Carlsbad when Aga had a shoulder injury. Now she's fit and on a 10 match winning run. Radwanska has got the advantafe of a better defense and from what I've seen in those two matches against Petkovic this past summer, she's ready to take on the German and get involved in baseline slug-fest. Only one winner in this one for me.
Is it illegal for women to hold their serve?

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Have never ever seen Radwanska throw away a set like that. Luckily covered the loss and made some extra on in-play market. Bizarre match which Petkovich should have won but somehow failed to win.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Well, technically this belongs to the next thread, but Shanghai thread has not yet been started, therefore I post it here: Anyone else thinks that Kevin Anderson is bit overrated against Tomic? I am considering Tomic +3.5, but still waiting for the price to move. Kevin was really bad this week, having problems with knee an went to two tie-breaks against claycourter Montanes. Losing to Cilic is not that a big shame, but still - Tomic is big serving guy, took a set off Fish in Tokyo this week and did beat Troicki (though Troicki was not at his best, but still...). 3.5 seems to be a lot here.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Event Morita A.- Bartoli M. Selection +5.5 Morita (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 15/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.80 Reasoning Well if Bartoli plans to win this match she will need to give all her best because i think this would be one hell of a fight.In head to head Bartoli leads 6:0 but under those stats is also a huge fighting spirit form Moritas side.Bartoli struggled a lot to win those matches and now Morita will be seeking for revange.She is playing at home soil and wats most important she raised her form,I think that for this match she will be especially motivated.She has those burning stages in her game when shes completely on fire.So for this match am taking handy on Morita

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Event Stosur S.- Scheepers C. Selection +5.5 Scheepers C. (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 15/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price >Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 Reasoning Very interesting is that Scheepers leads 2:1.Well that happened 10 years ago when these two players were playing on ITFs but still its good for self-confidence.Both prefer hard courts and this year was brilliant for Samantha.She has been wining very important matches on major tournaments,she won her first Grand Slam title US Open and the tempo has been too high for her which is now evident in her game.I think that she is not at that level as she was before,she doesent look that fresh i could say slightly in downtrend,she has been struggling in some matches and this could be perect oppertunity for Scheepers to attack and to show her powerShe can play very good long long rallies and has also good volleys.So in my oppinion this is gonna be a tigh clash.