** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 3-9 October

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October

Ferrero -2.5 vs Granollers. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (7/10) :ok Wozniacki vs Kanepi. Over 20.5 games. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) :ok Paszek +4.5 vs Kirilenko. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (5/10) :@
Huge escape from Kanepi to get overs which means + for the day.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October 1 pick for tomorrow for ATP Challenger Mons. A big Challenger event here with relatively big prize money and really solid field. SEPPI TO DEFEAT DARCIS @ 1.67 on stanjames Seppi was struggling with an injury this year but when he is healthy he is a much better player than Darcis. I saw actually both matches Seppi played this week and he looked great very consistent and powerful from the baseline, no signs of injury as well, winning by 6:1 6:0 and 6:1 6:1

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Fish M. - Tomic B. Selection + 5.5 Tomic B. (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 06/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.50 In my opininon Mardy is here a overwhelmed favourite.Young talentadet Tomic is a big Australian hope and i believe that he has plenty to show at least he can provide a great resistance here.In first round he defeated Troicki and after that Ito also felt down.Based on that what i saw i can say that on the other side Mardy is i believe slightly in downtrend he is not in perfect condition so thers a big chance for Tomic in this match. So my choice for this clash is hendicep on Tomic.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October 3 for tomorrow Berdych -3 vs Verdasco. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Berdo still with a chance to qualify for London and that is a huge incentive for him. Veradsco was poor against Cipolla in the last round dropping the first set against the Italian. The Spaniard has only once beaten Berdych on hard courts (6 meetings on this surface) and that was back in 2005. I think Berdych has got more to offer on return whilst both guys can serve pretty good. Verdasco not with the greatest motivation these days so can not expect 100% from him. Ljubicic > Youzhny. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Ljbucic is 7-1 against Youzhny and that is the main reason I'm backing him. He beat the Russian in Beijing last week. Serve is definitely an advantage for Ljubicic, besides he can hit some cracking backhands as well, not as good as Youzhny but decent ones. Youzhny blew away double break lead against Lopez in the final set of his last round match and that is pretty poor for a confidence booster. Lopez made too many double faults in the end which killed him. Hope Ljubo serves just a little bit better. Ivanovic > Radwanska. 2.10 @ Bet365 (4/10) On Ana here. She's playing her best tennis for 3 years for sure. Totally destroyed Zvonareva and she did not play badly, before that she hammered Kuznetsova as well. The forehand looks fantastic for Ivanovic, needs to improve on serve and she will be challenging for the biggest prizes for sure. She has lost 3 consecutive matches against Aga but that was during the time she was out of form. She had lost 3 in a row against Zvonareva prior to beating her couple days ago. She was owning Radwanska in the earlier part of her career and now being back to her best she should be within a chance. Besides Radwanska is playing for 2nd consecutive week (won in Tokyo last week) and fatigue has to set in sooner rather than later. :hope

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Once again I'm not seeing a great deal from the bookies, will have to give tomorrow a miss and as I'm on holiday for two weeks, I'll see you all upon my return. All the best for the rest of this week and for Shanghai in the next one :ok

Berdych -3 vs Verdasco. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :ok Ljubicic > Youzhny. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (5/10) :ok Ivanovic > Radwanska. 2.10 @ Bet365 (4/10) VOID
Disgusted for having to spend nearly 3 hrs watching such a low quality match between Ljubo and Youzhny. Ivan got there in the end, although neither really wanted to win. Mikha wanted less and that's good. :cheers

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Huber/Raymond > Dulko Pennetta. 1.72 @ Bet365 (7/10) Don't normally play doubles, but feel like there is some nice money to be made in this match. I'm not sure Pennetta will be up for this mentally. She was serving for the match against Wozniacki but failed to close it out. Now she has to pick her up to play doubles against in-form pairing of Huber/Raymond who have won 12 matches in a row. Dulko and Pennetta has lost both times against Huber/Raymond with both matches being played this year.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October I actually like a lot from this card, let's hope it goes well. (3/10) Ivan Ljubicic to beat Marin Cilic @ 2.20 with Pinnacle I would have Ljubicic even at evens, so I like this price a lot. He has been more impressive so far imo, Youzhny had no chance against him, while Anderson gifted the third set to Cilic after poor display from both. Neither player at the top of his game, but I would fancy the more experienced guy here. He can surely make the H2H 3-0 today. (3/10) Andy Murray (-4) to beat David Ferrer @ 1.90 with Pinnacle Andy is not losing this...not on this surface. Serve actually matters here and Ferrer's serve just isn't up to par. Murray showing no signs of fatigue yesterday and I expect him to cruise through this match. Great match-up for him, he can spar from the back easily and he has a way to win points easily, Ferrer does not. (3/10) Flavia Pennetta Over 11 games (against Agnieszka Radwanska) @ 1.90 with Pinnacle I was surprised by the Italian yesterday, she played solid stuff against Wozniacki and deserved the win imo. She has the skill to even win this, especially with Radwanska's fatigue perhaps coming into play. Radwanska would have problems against Ivanovic, but she had problems with her back and could not play that well. 11 games is not beyond her ability and that is what I am going for here.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Two more (3/10) Tomas Berdych (-2.5) to beat J.W.Tsonga @ 2.50 with Paddy Power Both cruising through, but I liked Berdych a little bit more so far. He is a little bit better on return imo and that should be the key here really. On faster surface I would go with Tsonga, this one is pretty slow and Berdych can get closer to the ATP Finals with a victory here. (3/10) Lindstedt/Tecau to beat Cilic/Ljubicic @ 1.82 with Pinnacle Basing this on Cilic/Ljubicic. Ljubicic looked tired imo and I am not sure that he will be up for this. There is a big tournament in Shanghai next week and he needs all the rest he can get. No such concerns on the other side of the net though.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October After seeing Pennetta, I am going to oppose her in the doubles. Do not really understand the drop in price. (3/10) Peschke/Srebotnik to beat Dulko/Pennetta @ 2.23 with Pinnacle Two basically equal pairs, so this looks like value. Pennetta had a medical timeout against Radwanska and did not play well, so that migh translate into problems here. It did not work yesterday, but she is not coming here on the back of a victory and that might bring her down.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Radwanska -3 vs Petkovic. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Have to favour Radwanska here. She's in the best form of her life and it's nice to see her finally play real tennis and hit some hard shots as well not only defend all the time. She owns Petkovic 4-0, two of the wins have been recorded this year. Petkovic could not even beat Radwanska in Carlsbad when Aga had a shoulder injury. Now she's fit and on a 10 match winning run. Radwanska has got the advantafe of a better defense and from what I've seen in those two matches against Petkovic this past summer, she's ready to take on the German and get involved in baseline slug-fest. Only one winner in this one for me.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Nadal in crisis :eek (3/10) Andrea Petkovic to beat Agnieszka Radwanska @ 2.83 with Pinnacle Wanted to play Radwanska from the start, but I started to doubt it more and more and this is the result. First of all, the H2H seems a little bit misleading - only the last two matches are relevant imo - and one saw Petkovic being sick. And, if you consider everything, this price looks a little bit big. Radwanska simply has to be tired - Pennetta was trying to get the momentum in the second and failed, but I think that she would have taken the third. And based on quality, this is just 60/40 imo.

Btw has anyone seen the Nadal-Murray thing? How on earth did Nadal win just four points in the third set?
Andy started to kill Rafa with his precise backhand crosscourts, and Rafa simply had not enough forces to run all over the court. Tha last game he won was in the 2nd set from 1-2 to 2-2 at his own serve, and from then on he lost 10 games in a row. He looked totally tired. He is growing old or something. Unbelievable. edit: I was wrong with that 2nd set score - actually Murray started to serve and the break came at 1-2 to 1-3. So Nadal won one more game at his own serve from 1-4 to 2-4. This makes 8 games lost in a row till the end of the match - not 10 games. Sorry.

Radwanska -3 vs Petkovic. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Have to favour Radwanska here. She's in the best form of her life and it's nice to see her finally play real tennis and hit some hard shots as well not only defend all the time. She owns Petkovic 4-0, two of the wins have been recorded this year. Petkovic could not even beat Radwanska in Carlsbad when Aga had a shoulder injury. Now she's fit and on a 10 match winning run. Radwanska has got the advantafe of a better defense and from what I've seen in those two matches against Petkovic this past summer, she's ready to take on the German and get involved in baseline slug-fest. Only one winner in this one for me.
Is it illegal for women to hold their serve?

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Well, technically this belongs to the next thread, but Shanghai thread has not yet been started, therefore I post it here: Anyone else thinks that Kevin Anderson is bit overrated against Tomic? I am considering Tomic +3.5, but still waiting for the price to move. Kevin was really bad this week, having problems with knee an went to two tie-breaks against claycourter Montanes. Losing to Cilic is not that a big shame, but still - Tomic is big serving guy, took a set off Fish in Tokyo this week and did beat Troicki (though Troicki was not at his best, but still...). 3.5 seems to be a lot here.

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Event Morita A.- Bartoli M. Selection +5.5 Morita (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 15/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.80 Reasoning Well if Bartoli plans to win this match she will need to give all her best because i think this would be one hell of a fight.In head to head Bartoli leads 6:0 but under those stats is also a huge fighting spirit form Moritas side.Bartoli struggled a lot to win those matches and now Morita will be seeking for revange.She is playing at home soil and wats most important she raised her form,I think that for this match she will be especially motivated.She has those burning stages in her game when shes completely on fire.So for this match am taking handy on Morita

Re: Tennis - 3-9 October Event Stosur S.- Scheepers C. Selection +5.5 Scheepers C. (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 15/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 Reasoning Very interesting is that Scheepers leads 2:1.Well that happened 10 years ago when these two players were playing on ITFs but still its good for self-confidence.Both prefer hard courts and this year was brilliant for Samantha.She has been wining very important matches on major tournaments,she won her first Grand Slam title US Open and the tempo has been too high for her which is now evident in her game.I think that she is not at that level as she was before,she doesent look that fresh i could say slightly in downtrend,she has been struggling in some matches and this could be perect oppertunity for Scheepers to attack and to show her powerShe can play very good long long rallies and has also good volleys.So in my oppinion this is gonna be a tigh clash.