** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League 20th Oct

Re: UEFA Europa League 20th Oct Another important point: If you were looking thinking of Tottenham +0, bookies dont offer 4/9 odds directly but instead the best avaliable is at only at 2/5. Thus you should put money on a Tottenham win at EVS and cover your stake with 13/5 odds for a draw. This gives overall odds of 1.44 (4/9).

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 20th Oct

Tottenham Hotspur v Rubin Kazan + 0.5 @ 2.15 - BET365 / Double Chance: Rubin or Draw @ 2.2 - Hills. I can't really see the reasoning behind pricing Rubin so highly here as the squad Spurs put out tomorrow night will be largely changed from Sunday, with a mix of fringe players and the youth being selected. I'd say Rubin are the biggest test Spurs have faced this season in Europe and I think they are worth at least a point here. If Spurs weren't changing and had their first team out, I'd be all over the 1.80 on offer. Rubin have already beaten Kiev away this season in the CL qualifiers, before being knocked out by Lyon. The two sides that take to the field tomorrow night are much more equal than the odds suggest IMO.
Don't see the value in Rubin really. Spurs second string were surprisingly good at home to Shamrock, who they really brushed aside despite conceding. Spurs really ran the show, and once they scored you felt there was only one winner. I see a similar pattern tonight, and I think the odds of just under evens on Spurs are probably about right, or perhaps offer some little value on Spurs.

Spurs vs Kazan Redknapp should rotate his side for this fixture. Although its not the best of fixtures for the fans I still expect White hart lane to be full as this is a key fixture with group leaders Kazan. Spurs fans really make alot of noise at home and will definately be aiming for a win. Spurs have some exciting youngsters and although drawing at newcastle in the weekend, they are still on a very hot streak after losses to both manchester clubs. Tottenham will have defensive problems with lack of full backs avaliable but Bassong and Kaboul are experienced and will give Kazan a hard time. Kazan will probably be happy with a draw and i really dont see them winning this fixture often enough to have any value at 7/2. Thus finding some nice odds, i have gone for: Tottenham WIN evs 10/10 32Red, and also Tottenham +0 looks to have a TON of value at an amazing 4/9. Lets hope for a nice fluid and "working" display by tottenham for a nice night for the North london locals.
It won't be full tonight I'm afraid. It wasn't full vs Shamrock or Hearts and those were games which were included with your season ticket. I will be there though, will hope to make enough noise to help your bet come in. :ok

It won't be full tonight I'm afraid. It wasn't full vs Shamrock or Hearts and those were games which were included with your season ticket. I will be there though' date=' will hope to make enough noise to help your bet come in. :ok[/quote'] I had a quick look and against shamrock there were 33k at white hart lane, which is full enough considering most games in the europa league (usually the non-english ones) are always played in stadiums that are mostly empty. You lot are always noisey, ill be counting on you if theres not a large turnout tonight! but i expect at least more than 33,000 fans should make it. Cheers buddy. :drums

Don't see the value in Rubin really. Spurs second string were surprisingly good at home to Shamrock' date=' who they really brushed aside despite conceding. Spurs really ran the show, and once they scored you felt there was only one winner. I see a similar pattern tonight, and I think the odds of just under evens on Spurs are probably about right, or perhaps offer some little value on Spurs.[/quote'] The young lads done alright so far, and will be probably helped by some bench and first team players tonight. But Kazan are a much better side than Shamrock Rovers and all things considered it's a bit of a coin toss game tonight where no result would surprise me.

It won't be full tonight I'm afraid. It wasn't full vs Shamrock or Hearts and those were games which were included with your season ticket. I will be there though' date=' will hope to make enough noise to help your bet come in. :ok[/quote'] you can't help his bet come in cause his bet is on odds that have no value at all. Rubin Kazan are a strong team and they can really get something from this match. I took them to score on a simple accumulator with others matches too, but I also took them to win on a riskier one.

I had a quick look and against shamrock there were 33k at white hart lane, which is full enough considering most games in the europa league (usually the non-english ones) are always played in stadiums that are mostly empty. You lot are always noisey, ill be counting on you if theres not a large turnout tonight! but i expect at least more than 33,000 fans should make it. Cheers buddy. :drums
About 4k of that were Shamrock fans though, and like I say it was a 'free' game, but yeah- we're noisy as far as home fans go these days. I hope you're right, would be nice to see a good turnout.

The young lads done alright so far' date=' and will be probably helped by some bench and first team players tonight. But Kazan are a much better side than Shamrock Rovers and all things considered it's a bit of a coin toss game tonight where no result would surprise me.[/quote'] The strengths of rubin and Tottenham have been rated pretty evenly by the odds with the typical EVS 13/5 7/2 (BPP of exactly 100% actually). The odds suggest Tottenham are still the very slightest favourites but even a weakened team of tottenham is still much stronger than Kazan who plays in a much weaker league.

About 4k of that were Shamrock fans though' date=' and like I say it was a[b'] 'free' game, but yeah- we're noisy as far as home fans go these days. I hope you're right, would be nice to see a good turnout.
Oh i seem to have missed that! So the game against hearts and shamrock were free (included with season ticket) but this is not? If White hard lane wasnt full for a "free game" for seasont ticket holders (i imagine theres alot having a very loyal fan base) i can see the stadium being half full. Being a coin flip at EVS i still think theres value in spurs and i expect them to win this fixture at least 55% of the time.

Don't see the value in Rubin really. Spurs second string were surprisingly good at home to Shamrock' date=' who they really brushed aside despite conceding. Spurs really ran the show, and once they scored you felt there was only one winner. I see a similar pattern tonight, and I think the odds of just under evens on Spurs are probably about right, or perhaps offer some little value on Spurs.[/quote'] Yeah, but that was against Shamrock Rovers. Who, no disrespect meant at all, are probably at the same level of some League One/Two clubs.... Rubin have proved over the last few seasons to be an improving European side.

Oh i seem to have missed that! So the game against hearts and shamrock were free (included with season ticket) but this is not? If White hard lane wasnt full for a "free game" for seasont ticket holders (i imagine theres alot having a very loyal fan base) i can see the stadium being half full. Being a coin flip at EVS i still think theres value in spurs and i expect them to win this fixture at least 55% of the time.
Yes, the first two home cup ties are included in the price of the season ticket, this game is an extra £25 (in my stand). It will be more than half full tonight though, I expect about 28,000 of which probably only 200 max Kazan fans.

Re: UEFA Europa League 20th Oct I don't have much time for write-up Andy Johnson anytime @2.96 with betfair is my call Fulham plays Wisla away from home, and AJ already scored 6 times in EL. Today he may be the only Fulham forward, and his pace will be something very hard to bear for Wisla slow defenders 4/10 pts on that

i've seen the lineups. Don't go for Rennes ! It'll probably end 0-0 or something. Another match that could end 0-0, Wisla - Fulham
Rennes have only made 3 changes from the side that won at the weekend. Celtic have made a couple of changes themselves. With Celtic needing to win, they will leave spaces at the back, and the defence is dodgy. I am happy with my bet on Rennes (got it at 1.73) after hearing the team news, even though M'Vila is not playing.

Rennes have only made 3 changes from the side that won at the weekend. Celtic have made a couple of changes themselves. With Celtic needing to win' date=' they will leave spaces at the back, and the defence is dodgy. I am happy with my bet on Rennes (got it at 1.73) after hearing the team news, even though M'Vila is not playing.[/quote'] Rennes only have in the field 3 players from the team that won against Lorient :lol The keeper, a central defender and Pajot. What are you talking about ? MVila is not playing, Pitroipa not playing, Montano not playing. Who will they score with ? Just Hadji ? I dunno man but they seem to be uninterested in Europa League like I said. Celtic are rubbish indeed, but in these conditions I'm afraid they might score.

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Dinamo Kiev - Besiktas
Selection Dinamo Kiev(-1)AH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 4/10
Date 20/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.10
Reasoning Dinamo got only 2 points after 2 draws in the competition, and will be strong motivated to win the full pack of points tonight in front of their crowd, making big step ahead to the next stage. Dinamo is playing more than solid lately, after 9 wins and 3 draws in last 12 matches. At home Dinamo is playing quite stable with 5 wins and 2 draws in last 7 matches, as the draws are against much stronger teams than Besiktas - Stoke and Shakhtar. Last year both sides met again and Dinamo smashed Besiktas with 4:1 and 4:0. Besiktas will miss a couple of regulars and I expect big problems for them in Ukraine. They will miss their regular keeper Recber, Guti, Toraman and Almeida. So the whole team will hope again Quaresma to create miracle. Besiktas is on bad form right now, after 3 winless games, showing poor defending and I cant see them taking something from Dinamo tonight. 15.10.2011 D1 Besiktas JK 0-2 Kayserispor 03.10.2011 D1 Gaziantepspor 0-0 Besiktas JK 29.09.2011 EUL Stoke City 2-1 Besiktas JK

Rennes only have in the field 3 players from the team that won against Lorient :lol The keeper, a central defender and Pajot. What are you talking about ? MVila is not playing, Pitroipa not playing, Montano not playing. Who will they score with ? Just Hadji ? I dunno man but they seem to be uninterested in Europa League like I said. Celtic are rubbish indeed, but in these conditions I'm afraid they might score.
You are completely right mate, I didn't realise I was looking at the Rennes squad on bbc website not the Rennes team. :wall Sorry about that, my mistake.

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Stoke City - Maccabi Tel Aviv
Selection Stoke(-1.5)AH
Strength 4/10
Date 20/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.17
Reasoning I see huge class difference here. Stoke is Premier League side, which is one of the strongest home teams IMO. They got 7-3-1 in last 11 home matches, making draws with teams like Chelsea, MU and Tottenham, and beating Liverpool. Even with some rotations as expected, they got enough quality on the bench to do the job for sure. With such strikers ( fighters ) ufront like Walters, Crouch and Jones I expect big troublest for guests slow defense. Maccabi are on 3 games winless run. they are gonna miss their captain which is big blow for sure. Away from home the team got 4 loses in last 6 meetings, conceding 13 goals, and showing quite unstable defense. they were smashed by Besiktas with 5;1 in first round of the competition. Also i found information that their both central defenders are out due to injuries, so I cant see them capable to resist to the Stoke style. Stoke managed to beat Besiktas without much troubles last round 2:1 at britania Stadium, so I expect them to overplay Maccabi even easier

Re: UEFA Europa League 20th Oct Dynamo Kiev v Besiktas +0.5 @ Bet365 1.85 I have watched all of Stoke's games in this group so far and Besiktas were the team I was most impressed with. Dynamo traditionally have a good record at home in Europe but they are up against a decent Besiktas team here. Stoke are traditionally poor away from home but managed to get a point at Kiev and I think Besiktas have an equally good chance of getting something. With the +1 handicap, Kiev will need to win by 2 goals or more so I think there is plenty in favour with this bet.

Re: UEFA Europa League 20th Oct Just seen an interview with Harry Redknapp. Spurs team is : GOMES, ROSE, BASSONG, LIVERMORE, WALKER, LENNON, SANDRO, CARROLL, GIOVANI, DEFOE, PAVLUCHENKO Decent attack, slightly worried about Livermore and Bassong in defence. Fancy Defoe to get a goal or 2 though....

Re: UEFA Europa League 20th Oct Stoke V maccabi Tel Aviv: Under 2.75 Goals (Goal Line) @ 1.825 Bet365 The lines up are in and this is a verly defensive looking Stoke side. Etherington starts on the left wing but he isn't looking fully fit. Pennant is out so defender Ryan Shotton is playing right wing. Diao and Whitehead are in the centre who are both defensive minded and lack creatrivity. Jones comes in up front but is likely to be lacking match fitness. It is pretty much a full defence though and with Stoke's good defensive home record, i expect them to keep this tight. The main worry with this bet is that maccabi's two centre halves are out which will weaken their defence which isn't great anyway. But Stoke aren't particularly big scorers. It is a very defensive looking line up and they will miss Delap's ammunition from his throws which is still a fairly important part of their tactics. With half stakes returned in the event of 3 goals, this bet has plenty of appeal to me, even if on the face of it overs may look the more likely.

Point is that the fans and players seem to be taking this more seriously than some people maybe think :ok Had a bit of Rennes too, but taken 'em on the Draw No Bet @ 1.28 at Bet365. From looking at their form they don't overly impress me, and the coach has said he'll rotate tonight. I don't think Celtic will win, but I don't trust Rennes enough to back 'em outright. Hopefully they shall though for my/a lot in this forums benefit :)
This is why we Draw No Bet :wall

Re: UEFA Europa League 20th Oct Dinamo Kiev vs Besiktas Pick: Dinamo (-1 AH) Stake: 3 @ 1.975 @ >Bet365 Face to face meeting: 24/02/11 Dynamo Kiev - Besiktas 4-0 (1-0) 17/02/11 Besiktas - Dynamo Kiev 1-4 (1-1) .. Note Dinamo teams didnt suffer changes, it is 99% same team beat turkish side with the handicap! For BJK wont play gkper Rustu, I dont know if this is a big problem. Main problem is BJK dont deliver against teams from the cold East. They almost losing ticket to the group stages when lost 0-2 to Alania Vladikavkaz (Russia, 2nd league). Referee serbian, avg. 6 YC/games (last 3) - one fact is sure here... BJK are not the most disciplined team - prouved once again previous round in Super League Turkey (2 Red cards ) and another red (Quaresma) previous season when these two meet. I believe likes of Shevchenko, Yarmolenko, Brown and Milevsky -attacking players for ukrainians and another surprises from corners: Vukojevic and Gusev coming behind with Edu or Quaresma ? :lol No ofense BJK fans and turkish friends .. Dinamo -1 AH is a must in my oppinion I simply dont believe in turkish side, full of foreign players that simply "eat" big salaries. 5f9b429a52720969206b13da2820c4d4.gif

КАВКАЗ ЕДИН, КАВКАЗ ЭТО СИЛА! МИР ВСЕМ Macabi Haifa - Steaua Bucharest [Total Corners 2-Way] Pick: Over 9.5 Stake: 10 Odds: 1.72 @ Bet365 Just following some stats.. I would take Over 9.5 instead 10 Asian. *Hosts at home: 12-9 (21) with Genk and 8-3 (11) with AEL Larnaca *AEL - Steaua 2-9 (11)
Corners 16 @ FT 10-6 , HT (4-5) Stake 10/10, something I seldom use on my daily picks - :ok like to kill the "yield" with my staking. Say NO to Flat Stakes Betting