** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL Grand Final

pete

NRL Grand Final Manly Vs NZ Warriors Sunday 2nd October. Manly: Manly have been installed favourites @ $1.50 and come into the GF on good form winning games against North Queensland 42-8 & then Brisbane 26-14. Warriors: Warriors are $2.60 and after loosing their first preliminary game against Brisbane 40-10 they then beat West Tigers when down 18-0 and came storming home to win 22-20 and last week had a very good win in Melbourne against the Storm 20-12. Teams: The Warriors have no injury problems and field the same team as last week. The Eagles have the luxuary of having suspended players Glen Stuart and Darcy Lussick coming back into a full squad. Conclusion: The only head to head this year was a Manly win 20-10 in round six at Brookvale. Warriors have had two great wins and are on a roll but face a full strength Manly side and i can't forget the drubbing Brisbane gave the Warriors in the first prelimenary game. The Manly side tick all the boxes, they have match winners all over their team and most of their players have GF expieriance. I will be backing Manly -6 @$1.92 with www.tomwaterhouse.com and also Manly -6 & over 36.5 @ $3.10 with NSW TAB.

Re: NRL Grand Final Would be interested in thoughts, particularly from Blackcrow: How often do underdogs win the NRL GF? If I recall correctly, and I stand to be corrected please, the favourite has generally come through since 2000. There has been the odd upset: Newcastle in 2001 and, possibly, Penrith in 2003 (maybe Wests in 2005 at a pinch), but that's only two (or three). I would anticipate a comfortable Manly victory on Sunday and am betting accordingly. The weather is the only issue in terms of margin. Good luck all!

Re: NRL Grand Final

Sorry but just to check , is this a one - off game where winner takes all ? If so , warriors might be worth a little shot as they might still have one big performance left in them .
This is the final game of the season and is a one off game that all clubs want to win. Warriors are in with a great chance but can they lift again as they did against Wests & Storm ? I think Manly who have played in three out of the last five Grand Finals will have too much firepower and win comfortably.:hope

Re: NRL Grand Final Warriors (Toyota Cup) win by 13+ margin @ 2.15 centrebet The Junior Warriors side has been smashing the opposition all year, as they have won 16 of their 22 regular season games by 13+ points. They already have beaten the Cowboys 28-20 in the last round of the season at home and are now looking to win successive grand finals. They beat the Knights 54-6 in the Qualifying Final and then they beat the Bulldogs 64-0 to make to the grand final yet again. They are on a huge roll and hard to see them not winning by plenty here Warriors win by 1-12 margin @ 3.85 centrebet Should be a pretty even game with not much separating the two sides but like the Warriors to edge this one. They come into this game by beating probably the team with the best form coming into the semis, the Tigers, and then beating the most consistent side all year, the Storm, so they have been beating the best teams to get here. The Sea Eagles have been efficient in getting here but weather looks to be the main factor here as it has been raining pretty hard all morning. With both teams likely to play it tight and run the ball down the middle, expect this part of the field to be pretty chopped up, and this is where Johnson and Maloney, with their elusiveness and speed off the mark, can cause problems for the Sea Eagles forwards. Hence, like these two players to be the difference in this game, with the conditions suiting the Warriors much more than the Sea Eagles. Record: 2-5 (-1.10)

Re: NRL Grand Final

Would be interested in thoughts, particularly from Blackcrow: How often do underdogs win the NRL GF? If I recall correctly, and I stand to be corrected please, the favourite has generally come through since 2000. There has been the odd upset: Newcastle in 2001 and, possibly, Penrith in 2003 (maybe Wests in 2005 at a pinch), but that's only two (or three). I would anticipate a comfortable Manly victory on Sunday and am betting accordingly. The weather is the only issue in terms of margin. Good luck all!
2010 - St George Illawarra - $1.61 favourites 2009 - Melbourne Storm - $1.58 favourites 2008 - Manly Sea Eagles - favourites 2007 - Melbourne Storm - favourites 2006 - Brisbane Broncos - $2.08 upset 2005 - West Tigers - $1.76 favourites 2004 - Bulldogs - $1.60 favourites 2003 - Penrith - $3.20 upset 2002 - Roosters - favourites 2001 - Newcastle - upset 2000 - Brisbane - favourites I hope this helps answer your question. Been a while since we had a decent upset. Would love to see the Warriors win, not sure they can do it though. Not that impressed with their defence, despite their game against the Storm - who incidentally they always seem to play well against. Manly have great players have been here before and their work ethic and defence is excellent. If Warriors win it will be memorable.

Re: NRL Grand Final Manly win 24-10 in a super Grand Final. Warriors came storming back in second half after being 18-2 down to get back to 18-10 and had chances to score but the class of Manly came through in a great game.:nana

Re: NRL Grand Final Warriors (Toyota Cup) win by 13+ margin @ 2.15 :@ Led by 14 points with 10 minutes to go, and then they threw it away by conceding 3 late tries. Fortunately for them they won in extra time. Warriors win by 1-12 margin @ 3.85 :( Manly too good on the day