** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix

kevshat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix Thanks all :ok. Good shout on The Heat, Big X :clap. DCE, I might take you up on that offer over Xmas :ok. That was a night I've been threatening for a while. All bets won apart from the Wright win but it could well have taken a 164 checkout to deny that. +27pts for the night so up to +22 overall now and with Anderson going there's more than a chink of light for the Hylton quarter bet too. Onto Wednesday and it's not a card I like as much. I'll take two. 5pts W.Newton vs J.Henderson - Under 16.5 legs 5/6 Blue Square I'm really liking the arrers Wesley is chucking at the minute and there's definite signs that since he hooked up with Peter Manley that a real ruthless streak is coming into his game. You get the impression from his interviews that he's relaxed both on the stage and in his life and that's a good place to be. After taking a set to get going against Lloyd, who to be fair played a decent first set in their first round match, Newton eased through the last two sets 3-0 and 3-0 and I can see him winning sets easily here purely because Henderson's doubling is sketchy to say the least. Hendo was fortunate in the opening round that Pipe left behind the hedgehogs he must've used to beat Taylor the day before and Pipe never really put any pressure on Henderson. Despite that he still could only hit 6/32 finishing doubles. He kicked in ok and scored well but the difference here is Wes will do that and he'll kill legs off. I think Wes is capable of winning this 3-0 but if there's a couple of one sided sets in the match we've got a 3-1 scoreline on our side. I don't see Henderson hitting enough doubles to take this match into a 17th leg. Unders for me. 4pts J.Part (-1.5 sets) to beat B.Dolan 8/11 Ladbrokes I don't think Part got enough creditfor his part in that fightback the other night against Adrian Lewis. I felt sorry for Part in the first set and a bit because it was obvious to see he was desperate to show people his top level floor form on the TV and he just couldn't get into the match for trying too hard but eventually he kept grinding and found a way in and ended up playing really well. He had a shocker on his doubles for 6 legs but when he found the D16 he found the match and grabbed it. I'd be very surprised if he takes so long to find it here. When he did find the D16 he played bloody well. 12 140's in 12 legs is good darts whoever you are. Brendan Dolan deserves credit. He was the best player on the night for me on Monday but that was his first win here in 7 years which says something. Ok sure he's played Taylor the last two years and there's nothing he could do there but even so 7 years is a long time. Sometimes when players break streaks like that they let their performance drop in the next round because they've achieved something they haven't done for a while. Even as good as Dolan was on Monday I think he will need to up his game here anyway. For as good as Dolan was and as well as he hit doubles Jones just couldn't get going in legs and there was never any pressure on the Ulsterman. Part will have pressure on him both at the start and the end of legs and I expect the Canadian to come through this no worse than 3-1.

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix 2pts Wade v Van Der Voor - VDV win @ 3.50 Skybet Going to try and take on another price that I just think again is too big. Wade is without doubt a world class player, but he hasn't been in the best of from lately and at the current price I'm happy to oppose him tonight.. but only with a small stake. Wade won his first round match with ease, but only with an average of 79.86, Van Der Voort managed 86.42 in his first round win. Wade has also had a very poor run leading into this tournament loosing 11 and winning only 3 of his 14 matches at the Championship of darts. He also went out in the 1st and 2nd rounds in the floor event in Dublin loosing 6-3 to Roland Scholten and 6-5 to Simon Whitlock. VDV on the other hand had a good weekend in Dublin reaching both quarter finals, but loosing 6-3 to Wes Newton and 6-4 to Scott Rand. VDV can score so heavily that I can't see Wade powering away from him. If VDV can stay with Wade and take out his doubles this price will start to look massive. On the current form of both men I think that Wade is vulnerable tonight, and if VDV can apply the right pressure I don't see Wade coming through this one.

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix Thanks for the tips. This is the first Darts event that I watch and it's brilliant! I love the atmosphere in the hall and this is truly exciting to watch. Even more exciting using some good tips from here. Can't believe that Chisnall hit like a one billion 180's and lost....really choked on the doubles in the end.

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix In the venue now fellas and 2 tips for me tonite. van der Voort over 2.5 180s @ 4/5 betfred Wes Newton over 2.5 180s @ 8/11 betfred Amazingly low lines here considering it's now first to 3 sets.Van der Voort covers this line even when he loses.He is one of the biggest hitters in the game.He covered this line monday also in best of 3 sets. Newton is throwing brilliantly and is a contender for the title.He scores heavily and I can see him also cover this line easily enough. Best of luck

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix

2pts Wade v Van Der Voor - VDV win @ 3.50 Skybet Going to try and take on another price that I just think again is too big. Wade is without doubt a world class player, but he hasn't been in the best of from lately and at the current price I'm happy to oppose him tonight.. but only with a small stake. Wade won his first round match with ease, but only with an average of 79.86, Van Der Voort managed 86.42 in his first round win. Wade has also had a very poor run leading into this tournament loosing 11 and winning only 3 of his 14 matches at the Championship of darts. He also went out in the 1st and 2nd rounds in the floor event in Dublin loosing 6-3 to Roland Scholten and 6-5 to Simon Whitlock. VDV on the other hand had a good weekend in Dublin reaching both quarter finals, but loosing 6-3 to Wes Newton and 6-4 to Scott Rand. VDV can score so heavily that I can't see Wade powering away from him. If VDV can stay with Wade and take out his doubles this price will start to look massive. On the current form of both men I think that Wade is vulnerable tonight, and if VDV can apply the right pressure I don't see Wade coming through this one.
Credit to Wade he just had too much class in the end. VDV gave me a run for my money and had his chances to win the match. I still feel justified in taking the price as it was far too big, just a shame he couldn't get over the line. :(

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix John Part v Brendan Dolan (Most 180s: Dolan) 2pts @ 15/8 Part, as we know, produced a great comeback to defeat Lewis in the opening round - but he only managed 2 maximums in the 12 legs of the game. Brendan Dolan disposed of Wayne Jones in straight sets, and despite throwing 3 fewer legs than Part did managed an extra maximum (3 in 9 legs). Purely on those numbers, odds of 5/6 Part and 15/8 Dolan in this market seem wrong.

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix 8pts - Taylor v Nicholson - Nicholson (+2.5sets) @ 1.66 Bet365 After trying and failing (on the last two nights) to take the big price with low stakes. I'm going to change tack tonight and go in large on a shorter price. This price is shorter than I would normally play, but I think it still represent value and is currently @ 1.53 on Skybet. Big needle between these two and I expect a cracking game tonight. Taylor will really want to put Nicholson away and that could be risky for my bet. The problem for Taylor though is that Nicholson is a class player who has already defeated the great man twice on TV, and he simply won't be fazed by the Taylor bandwagon. They have played each other four times recently with Taylor winning all of them (6-0, 6-3,6-3,6-3). Admittedly that doesn't look great for Nicholson. However as I said when going against him with Baxter, he really loves the battle and thrives on the big occasion - hence the two TV wins against Taylor. We have seen in this tournament already how the double start can cause problems and we have already lost Barney, Anderson and Newton. While Whitlock, Taylor, Wade and Webster have all dropped sets to get to this point. I expect Taylor to win this game, but not without a scare along the way. I will take Nicholson to win at least one set tonight.

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix one more for me tonight... 4pts Ovens v Burnett - Burnett @ 2.00 PaddyPower I like the look of Burnett in this one and I would have priced him as the favourite. He is 1.72 over on Bet365 with Ovens @ 2.00, and this is the right way round for me. Ovens played well in the opening match, but against really poor 0pposiston in Caven. In that match he averaged 82.42. Burnett put in a great performance in his 1st round match to overcome Anderson, yes Anderson gave him some chances but you have to take them and he did this well averaging 84.75 in his win. Burnett has been playing well of late, and I think the confidence from his 1st round win added with the difference in the averages of the players is enough to make Burnett favourite. With that in mind I will happily get on at evens. :ok

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix Horrible night last night. Hoping for a lot better tonight. +11 overall now but really disappointed the Part outright has gone when it had opened right up for him. Despite that I like the look of the card tonight and am playing all four matches. 6pts M.Webster (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Tabern 8/11 Victor Chandler This line looks too good to ignore. As much as I'll take it, if anyone knows how Alan Tabern is still in this event it would be good to know. I jest of course, he's in it because Dave Chisnall's double trouble came back to haunt him at the worst possible time. Until then I didn't think much of Tabern. There's just no consistency in what he does. Sure he hit plenty of 140s, 11 in total, he just followed it up with a 60 or 45 or something low. Tabern actually hit doubles fairly well the other night. 52% to start and 39% to finish yet his average was still only 77 which shows how inconsistently he scored. Tabern has a couple of problems in this match. The first is that Webster doesn't miss doubles and the second is Webster is a very consistent scorer. I was impressed by Webby in the opening round. It's easy to forget that it was his WGP debut when he's been a top player in the PDC for a while but it was and he coped well. Even when he went a set down he didn't panic and came past a very competent opponent in Andy Hamilton. Webster averaged 90 and only hit 7 140+ scores. If he finds the 140's tonight he'll run away with this but even if he doesn't his steadily consistent scoring and wonderful finishing should be too much for The Saint. I can't see Webster winning this any worse than 3-1. 2pts M.Hylton to beat S.Whitlock 3/1 Paddy Power I think Simon Whitlock is primed to be upset tonight. He appears to me to have lost his ruthless ability to put players away that many of us profited from in the World Championships two years ago. I've suspected for a while that he's having difficulties on the clutch doubles and 36% starting and 44% finishing doubles aren't stats as high as you would expect from The Wizard of Oz. Mark Hylton is a very underrated player. He fears nobody and plays the board really well which I like. Sure his style isn't easy on the eye but it's mightily effective and there isn't really a weakness in his game right now. He's a very heavy scorer when he's on song and that double top doesn't get missed much be it at the start of a leg or the end of it. What impressed me most with 'Mile High' in the opening round was how he didn't panic early doors. He was getting blown away but Walshie was playing some lovely arrers. He stuck to it though and eventually saw it through. Hylton may not be the best starter of a game so the longer format should help him tonight. He ran Taylor close in Blackpool and I think he can do the same to Whitlock tonight and then pip him at the post. 4pts P.Taylor vs P.Nicholson - Over 15.5 legs 5/6 Blue Square Sky have already done my tits in with the hype over this match but I think it will be a good match even without the hype. The layers seem to think that Taylor will run away with this because he's got a grudge with Nicholson but I don't think he will. I wasn't at all surprised that The Power was pushed all the way in the first round and I wouldn't be surprised if he's pushed all the way in this match either. I'm no fan of Paul Nicholson's antics and the way he likes to raise his profile by running his mouth but when he's on the oche he's a very solid darts player now. He hits clutch doubles which you have to do against Taylor and he scores pretty consistently and when the big checkouts come around he can take them out so he will hold on to his throw well enough tonight. I don't see this being 3-0 and I do see a couple of tight sets, particularly on the Nicholson throw so I expect us to see at least 16 legs tonight whether the match ends 3-1 or 3-2. 4pts R.Burnett to beat D.Ovens Evs Paddy Power I like Richie Burnett in this first match. I was very impressed with him against Gary Anderson. In years gone by we would've seen Richie lose patience when he was so far behind in legs and matches but he didn't, he knew he would get his chances and when they came along he took them. He didn't start as well as he's perhaps like but he finished very well which is something Richie used to struggle with. It's clear to see winning that tournament last week has really boosted the Prince of Wales' confidence. Denis Ovens did nothing wrong against Jamie Caven but apart from the odd flash of something decent from Caven, Ovens was never in trouble but I do have a big concern about Denis starting on that D14. It's just not a natural switch and you'd have to say he didn't hit it brilliantly anyway with 9/22 on the starting double. Denis throughout his career has missed big doubles on the stage or important doubles and even now he has periods when he plays well and then switches off for a few legs. He should've thrashed Ronnie Baxter in the first round of the Matchplay, then he let him back in and eventually beat him 10-8. I don't think he can do that against Burnett who is on top of his game right now. Richie beat Ovens 6-2 on his way to that tournament in win in Holland recently and I see him winning this one too.

John Part v Brendan Dolan (Most 180s: Dolan) 2pts @ 15/8 Part, as we know, produced a great comeback to defeat Lewis in the opening round - but he only managed 2 maximums in the 12 legs of the game. Brendan Dolan disposed of Wayne Jones in straight sets, and despite throwing 3 fewer legs than Part did managed an extra maximum (3 in 9 legs). Purely on those numbers, odds of 5/6 Part and 15/8 Dolan in this market seem wrong.
Comfortable winner with Dolan always looking the more likely to hit the maximums. 4-1 he won in the end!

8pts - Taylor v Nicholson - Nicholson (+2.5sets) @ 1.66 Bet365 After trying and failing (on the last two nights) to take the big price with low stakes. I'm going to change tack tonight and go in large on a shorter price. This price is shorter than I would normally play, but I think it still represent value and is currently @ 1.53 on Skybet. Big needle between these two and I expect a cracking game tonight. Taylor will really want to put Nicholson away and that could be risky for my bet. The problem for Taylor though is that Nicholson is a class player who has already defeated the great man twice on TV, and he simply won't be fazed by the Taylor bandwagon. They have played each other four times recently with Taylor winning all of them (6-0, 6-3,6-3,6-3). Admittedly that doesn't look great for Nicholson. However as I said when going against him with Baxter, he really loves the battle and thrives on the big occasion - hence the two TV wins against Taylor. We have seen in this tournament already how the double start can cause problems and we have already lost Barney, Anderson and Newton. While Whitlock, Taylor, Wade and Webster have all dropped sets to get to this point. I expect Taylor to win this game, but not without a scare along the way. I will take Nicholson to win at least one set tonight.
Gutted :wall :wall :wall He only managed 3 legs all night, and in truth never got close to Taylor. Don't know if I was sucked in by the Sky hype but I really expected a much closer game than that. Need Burnett to come in now, just to get away with a 4pt loss for the night. :sad

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix Richie Burnett v Denis Ovens (Most 180s: Tie) 1pt @ 15/4 Both of these managed just a single maximum in their first round victories, and neither are particularly 'heavy' scorers. I can't see either running away with this, and with odds on quotes for under 5 180s not particularly appealing, I am going with this. The fewer there are the more chance they'll tie.

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix -4pts for the night I can live with that but I need to learn some lessons about my staking. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but did I really think that Nicholson was twice as likely to come in as Burnett? :unsure Well played again Kev :clap :clap

Horrible night last night. Hoping for a lot better tonight. +11 overall now but really disappointed the Part outright has gone when it had opened right up for him. Despite that I like the look of the card tonight and am playing all four matches. 6pts M.Webster (-1.5 sets) to beat A.Tabern 8/11 Victor Chandler This line looks too good to ignore. As much as I'll take it, if anyone knows how Alan Tabern is still in this event it would be good to know. I jest of course, he's in it because Dave Chisnall's double trouble came back to haunt him at the worst possible time. Until then I didn't think much of Tabern. There's just no consistency in what he does. Sure he hit plenty of 140s, 11 in total, he just followed it up with a 60 or 45 or something low. Tabern actually hit doubles fairly well the other night. 52% to start and 39% to finish yet his average was still only 77 which shows how inconsistently he scored. Tabern has a couple of problems in this match. The first is that Webster doesn't miss doubles and the second is Webster is a very consistent scorer. I was impressed by Webby in the opening round. It's easy to forget that it was his WGP debut when he's been a top player in the PDC for a while but it was and he coped well. Even when he went a set down he didn't panic and came past a very competent opponent in Andy Hamilton. Webster averaged 90 and only hit 7 140+ scores. If he finds the 140's tonight he'll run away with this but even if he doesn't his steadily consistent scoring and wonderful finishing should be too much for The Saint. I can't see Webster winning this any worse than 3-1. 2pts M.Hylton to beat S.Whitlock 3/1 Paddy Power I think Simon Whitlock is primed to be upset tonight. He appears to me to have lost his ruthless ability to put players away that many of us profited from in the World Championships two years ago. I've suspected for a while that he's having difficulties on the clutch doubles and 36% starting and 44% finishing doubles aren't stats as high as you would expect from The Wizard of Oz. Mark Hylton is a very underrated player. He fears nobody and plays the board really well which I like. Sure his style isn't easy on the eye but it's mightily effective and there isn't really a weakness in his game right now. He's a very heavy scorer when he's on song and that double top doesn't get missed much be it at the start of a leg or the end of it. What impressed me most with 'Mile High' in the opening round was how he didn't panic early doors. He was getting blown away but Walshie was playing some lovely arrers. He stuck to it though and eventually saw it through. Hylton may not be the best starter of a game so the longer format should help him tonight. He ran Taylor close in Blackpool and I think he can do the same to Whitlock tonight and then pip him at the post. 4pts P.Taylor vs P.Nicholson - Over 15.5 legs 5/6 Blue Square Sky have already done my tits in with the hype over this match but I think it will be a good match even without the hype. The layers seem to think that Taylor will run away with this because he's got a grudge with Nicholson but I don't think he will. I wasn't at all surprised that The Power was pushed all the way in the first round and I wouldn't be surprised if he's pushed all the way in this match either. I'm no fan of Paul Nicholson's antics and the way he likes to raise his profile by running his mouth but when he's on the oche he's a very solid darts player now. He hits clutch doubles which you have to do against Taylor and he scores pretty consistently and when the big checkouts come around he can take them out so he will hold on to his throw well enough tonight. I don't see this being 3-0 and I do see a couple of tight sets, particularly on the Nicholson throw so I expect us to see at least 16 legs tonight whether the match ends 3-1 or 3-2. 4pts R.Burnett to beat D.Ovens Evs Paddy Power I like Richie Burnett in this first match. I was very impressed with him against Gary Anderson. In years gone by we would've seen Richie lose patience when he was so far behind in legs and matches but he didn't, he knew he would get his chances and when they came along he took them. He didn't start as well as he's perhaps like but he finished very well which is something Richie used to struggle with. It's clear to see winning that tournament last week has really boosted the Prince of Wales' confidence. Denis Ovens did nothing wrong against Jamie Caven but apart from the odd flash of something decent from Caven, Ovens was never in trouble but I do have a big concern about Denis starting on that D14. It's just not a natural switch and you'd have to say he didn't hit it brilliantly anyway with 9/22 on the starting double. Denis throughout his career has missed big doubles on the stage or important doubles and even now he has periods when he plays well and then switches off for a few legs. He should've thrashed Ronnie Baxter in the first round of the Matchplay, then he let him back in and eventually beat him 10-8. I don't think he can do that against Burnett who is on top of his game right now. Richie beat Ovens 6-2 on his way to that tournament in win in Holland recently and I see him winning this one too.
Not bad... 3 out of 4.... But room for improvement :p

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix A better day for me on Thursday. +10.38 for the night and up to +21.38 overall now with a 25/1 shot on a player who is 10/11 on Friday. I still like him even at that price though and he's one of 3 bets for Friday. I may be back with more on Friday when the last 2 QFs are fully priced up. 5pts B.Dolan to beat J.Henderson 5/4 William Hill I've been trying to work out all night how Brendan Dolan is the outsider in this match and I haven't managed it yet. To my eyes he's hit doubles much better than Henderson, he's scored better than Henderson and he's checked out better than Henderson and yet he's still 5/4. If we throw in that he's much more experienced in the PDC than Henderson and even more experienced in this format than him and it looks a very strange price indeed. In many ways I think Dolan has been the player of the week so far but because bigger stories have happened on nights in which he's played he's gone relatively unnoticed. Against John Part he never let him in and that's hard to do against someone of Part's class. Henderson mentioned in his interview after the Newton game that it's in his mind when he's so far ahead and he struggles to close matches out. I don't like that one bit and it only further gives me confidence in Dolan. Henderson did well to beat Newton but Newton had darts for the 2nd set which if he had have taken I'm sure he would've won 3-1. Henderson has hit a fair few 140's this week but he's hit a hell of a lot of 1s and 5s whereas Dolan for the most part has scored as many big shots and avoided the 1s and 5s. If Dolan plays like he has in the earlier matches I'm very confident he will win this. I just don't like Henderson on the doubles and I think that will cost him this one. 3pts J.Wade vs A.Smith - Over 5.5 sets Evs Blue Square Only Vincent van der Voort probably knows how James Wade isn't out of this tournament yet but Wade won't be complaining. To be fair to the defending champion when he arse was against the ropes he pulled out his best arrers which bodes well for him should destiny seal his date with Taylor in the final. Andy Smith played well against Barney in the last round and while everyone said Barney wasn't at his best I'm not sure he would've won even if he was because the Pieman didn't miss a lot. The key to this match will be how well Smith starts the legs. With Wade's doubling prowess Smith needs to get away well. If he does he'll keep up with Wade and this will be close. I'm not so sure if Smith has the consistency on his doubles over 7 sets to win the match but I do think he can win 2 sets. When the two met in the Matchplay last year Wade only won 10-8 and I think whoever wins this, and I would expect it to be Wade, I expect it to be 4-2 or 4-3. 4pts M.Hylton to beat R.Burnett 10/11 Ladbrokes I'm already on Hylton at 25/1 for this match but the price of him here is so big that I have to have a bit on him here. I think he's no worse than a 4/6 shot in this match and I'd be surprised if he goes off any bigger than that. He has had a wonderful year in the majors and let's remember this is the first year he's played any of the PDC majors. He made the last 16 in the World Championship where he beat Colin Lloyd and Steve Beaton along the way and then he made the quarter finals of the UK Open. He went out in the first round of the Matchplay but he pushed Taylor closer than anyone that week. This week he's seen off Mark Walsh and Simon Whitlock impressively. He's taken a set to get going but when he has got going he hasn't missed a lot and that's exactly what I expect from him here. I've been watching darts for years and years and it's great to see Richie Burnett back in the bigtime and playing well and he has played well this week. He's hitting his finishing doubles really impressively and that's good to see and he's scoring well too. He's in a confident frame of mind and looking relaxed which bodes well for him long term however he's up against an opponent here who plays the board really well and who I believe will be in the top 12 players in the world when he's completed a full 2 years on the circuit. Burnett hasn't done much wrong this week but my concern with him is we don't know how well he played in the second round because from 1-1 in sets Ovens couldn't hit a starting double if it was as big as Paul Nicholson's gob. I don't see Hylton going awol on that double and as long as he does start well his scoring power should see the left hander into the semi final here.

Gutted :wall :wall :wall He only managed 3 legs all night, and in truth never got close to Taylor. Don't know if I was sucked in by the Sky hype but I really expected a much closer game than that. :sad
You can't blame Sky forthe hype as they are doing a great job of promoting darts, however, it also put me off backing Taylor. They didn't mention too often the amount of times Taylor has now beaten Nicholson since losing to him!

You can't blame Sky forthe hype as they are doing a great job of promoting darts, however, it also put me off backing Taylor. They didn't mention too often the amount of times Taylor has now beaten Nicholson since losing to him!
Just to be clear, I'm blaming myself not Sky. IMO the coverage of recent tournaments on the BBC and ESPN dont even come close to Sky. I was fully aware of the recent record between the two, but I STILL allowed myself to be sucked in to the fact Nicholson would rise to the occasion and we would see the classic Sky were promoting. A schoolboy error on my part, but only myself to blame. :ok

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix 5pts - Dolan v Henderson - Dolan @ 2.25 WilliamHill Hard to add much to your reasoning Kev, but I can't see any basis to make Henderson the favourite in this one. The only thing I can think is they are placing too much emphasis on the win over Wes Newton. For me that was more about a poor night for Newton than a great Henderson performance. Dolan averaged 90.11 and 87.12 in his two matches so far Henderson averaged 81.44 and only 77.59 in beating Newton Although Henderson has played well this week and no doubting he is a good player. I'm really not a fan of his rocking action - I think when under pressure this sort of action can lead to errors. Doolan is a solid scorer and solid all round player and I think he can apply the required pressure here. We saw in his last match how Henderson got a little riled with the noise from the crowd. With the Irish crowd fully behind Dolan tonight I see this as another reason he should be favourite. The prices look the wrong way round to me and I will jump on this while it lasts.

5pts - Dolan v Henderson - Dolan @ 2.25 WilliamHill Hard to add much to your reasoning Kev, but I can't see any basis to make Henderson the favourite in this one. The only thing I can think is they are placing too much emphasis on the win over Wes Newton. For me that was more about a poor night for Newton than a great Henderson performance. Dolan averaged 90.11 and 87.12 in his two matches so far Henderson averaged 81.44 and only 77.59 in beating Newton Although Henderson has played well this week and no doubting he is a good player. I'm really not a fan of his rocking action - I think when under pressure this sort of action can lead to errors. Doolan is a solid scorer and solid all round player and I think he can apply the required pressure here. We saw in his last match how Henderson got a little riled with the noise from the crowd. With the Irish crowd fully behind Dolan tonight I see this as another reason he should be favourite. The prices look the wrong way round to me and I will jump on this while it lasts.
Hmmm,i really not sure on Dolan tonight.Watched his match vs Part in the last round(had money on a Dolan win) but never again.I bet on Dolan without seeing him play(silly i know) but solely on Part being so bad vs Lewis.At times he shows some right brillance with his scoring but seems to be quiet nervous infront of his home fans.At crucial moments he messed up & see Henderson taking full advantage.If this wasnt in Ireland i would go for Dolan but i take Henderson in this one. Saying all that i can still see it being quiet close 4-2 or 4-3 Henderson.Safest line is go for over 5.5 sets @1.67 BlueSQ. Thats my 2 pence worth but great tips on here.Well done all. :ok

Just to be clear, I'm blaming myself not Sky. IMO the coverage of recent tournaments on the BBC and ESPN dont even come close to Sky. I was fully aware of the recent record between the two, but I STILL allowed myself to be sucked in to the fact Nicholson would rise to the occasion and we would see the classic Sky were promoting. A schoolboy error on my part, but only myself to blame. :ok
I wasn't saying you were blaming sky, I was in the same boat, sucked in by the hype! What are your thoughts on Nicholson? He can play, but is a bit of an arse IMO.

Re: Darts: 2011 World Grand Prix Without doubt he is an arse, but you have to say its probably worked for him and I can see him being a wild card entry for the premier league this year. I'm thinking about opposing Wade again and taking Andy Smith currently @ 4.33 on Skybet. :unsure :unsure :unsure The odds just look too big. Despite Wade coming back and stinging me against VDV, he still isn't on top of his game. If VDV had taken his chances then Wade would be out. Smith played very well in taking out Barney and he has a chance tonight - certainly better than the odds suggest.