** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Irish Leagues & Cups 2012

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 I strongly believe galway united will beat monaghan 2:0 tonight . they havnt been scoring goals of late, but i think they were saving them for tonight tbh. I am a devout Gufc fan i was at their training session last night. they all seemed to be buzzin , especially sibanda & gilmore( there main treats) they've a new manager in jumbo brennan whos is an attacking minded manager and with michael d higgins & a packed terryland park - this will surely act as a 12th man. My main bet : Galway to win in extra time 200/1: cheers

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October

Welcome to the forum but how was the tip an excellent one.Rovers scored very late to bring in the 4/9 and West Ham won 1-0 so the double lost.....
I think he is refering to the shamrock rovers tip , which i got spot on . i can imagine this newby punter will take any extra cash that comes his way with a name like cheapASS ! :lol:lol

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 I don't know if this is the right place to submit tips on Northern Irish matches as well as the League of Ireland games but, if this is in the wrong area, I'm sure one of the Mods can move tobthe correct thread. DERGVIEW v BALLYMENA UNITED - Ballymena win @ 4/5 with Bet365 - 3/10 Following the leagues strongest team, and champions for the last few years, Linfield's exit from this competition (League Cup) there is renewed optimism amongst the also-rans that they could end up with some silverware this season in the form of winning this trophy. Ballymena are one of the better sides in the Premiership and their away form in the league is particularly impressive (5-0-3) whilst Dergview play a tier below in Championship 1. In my opinion there is quite a large gulf in class between the two divisions and added to the fact that Dergview will be without their manager, Harry McConkey, on compassionate grounds (following the sad passing of his mother) I think Ballymena are good value. Dergview also have a couple of suspensions which further weakens their chances. My only concern would be the home team having an extra incentive to win 'for the boss' so I'm only going to risk small stakes but I'm content to have a stab at the Ballymena win.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 Glentoran V Coleraine They are both playing well at the minute, Coleraine are a hard team to break down, they lost their last game 1-0 away to Linfield (strangely they havent conceded more than 1 goal away from home this season) and i think the Glens will struggle, they have drew their last few h2hs and im also leaning towards a draw and 1-1 correct score Draw = 11/4 1-1 = 6/1 bet365

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011

I don't know if this is the right place to submit tips on Northern Irish matches as well as the League of Ireland games but, if this is in the wrong area, I'm sure one of the Mods can move tobthe correct thread. DERGVIEW v BALLYMENA UNITED - Ballymena win @ 4/5 with Bet365 - 3/10 Following the leagues strongest team, and champions for the last few years, Linfield's exit from this competition (League Cup) there is renewed optimism amongst the also-rans that they could end up with some silverware this season in the form of winning this trophy. :loon Ballymena are one of the better sides in the Premiership and their away form in the league is particularly impressive (5-0-3) whilst Dergview play a tier below in Championship 1. In my opinion there is quite a large gulf in class between the two divisions and added to the fact that Dergview will be without their manager, Harry McConkey, on compassionate grounds (following the sad passing of his mother) I think Ballymena are good value. Dergview also have a couple of suspensions which further weakens their chances. My only concern would be the home team having an extra incentive to win 'for the boss' so I'm only going to risk small stakes but I'm content to have a stab at the Ballymena win.
2-6 WINNER:nana Dergview going 2-0 up in the first 7 minutes didn't help my nerves but alas it proved to be merely a blip! CURRENT BANK 31.87 units - STARTING BANK 10 units = PROFIT 21.87 units PL record - Winners 4 Losses 0:loon

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 While I'm a regular reader of the forum and occasional contributer I don't tip too often as I prefer quality over quantity when it comes to making predictions. But I'm on a bit of a roll so thought I'd chance my luck with tomorrow nights league match: CARRICK RANGERS v COLERAINE - Coleraine to win @ 11/10. Both teams play 48 hours after their last game but with very differing levels of confidence. Carrick were hammered 7-0 by Crusaders in the League Cup quarter final on Wednesday night whilst at the same time Coleraine were progressing to the semi-finals with a 2-1 away win to an up and down Glentoran team. Carrick manager Stephen Small has since made reference to their small squad and the fact that he will make changes, nevertheless, their confidence is bound to be shot after such a pasting. They are also without their captain whilst Coleraine only have the one absentee through suspension. I'm happy to take the Coleraine win but given the fatigue factor I'll also make a play with the under goals (anyone who got stung by Hyde on Monday night will vouch for this being the case sometimes). Carrick/Coleraine under 2.5 goals @ 11/10 with Bet365 2/10 Coleraine to win @ 11/10 with bet365 - 2/10

While I'm a regular reader of the forum and occasional contributer I don't tip too often as I prefer quality over quantity when it comes to making predictions. But I'm on a bit of a roll so thought I'd chance my luck with tomorrow nights league match: CARRICK RANGERS v COLERAINE - Coleraine to win @ 11/10. Both teams play 48 hours after their last game but with very differing levels of confidence. Carrick were hammered 7-0 by Crusaders in the League Cup quarter final on Wednesday night whilst at the same time Coleraine were progressing to the semi-finals with a 2-1 away win to an up and down Glentoran team. Carrick manager Stephen Small has since made reference to their small squad and the fact that he will make changes, nevertheless, their confidence is bound to be shot after such a pasting. They are also without their captain whilst Coleraine only have the one absentee through suspension. I'm happy to take the Coleraine win but given the fatigue factor I'll also make a play with the under goals (anyone who got stung by Hyde on Monday night will vouch for this being the case sometimes). Carrick/Coleraine under 2.5 goals @ 11/10 with Bet365 2/10 Coleraine to win @ 11/10 with bet365 - 2/10
0-2 winner, winner, chicken dinner:D CURRENT BANK 36.27 units - STARTING BANK 10 units = PROFIT 26.27 units PL record - Winners 6 Losses 0:loon

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 LISBURN DISTILLERY V PORTADOWN - Portadown to win 2nd place Portadown are away to Distillery who sit two places off the bottom of the table and with an appalling home record of 1-0-8. Distllery are missing David Cushley while Ross Redman is suspended for the Ports. I would have expected the Ports to be sitting about 8/13 due to the obvious difference in quality between the two sides and the fact that the Whites are so poor at the the greyhound track this season. Portadown are currently priced 4/6 with the majority of local cream cookies so I'm happy to take Bet365's 3/4 price on them. Portadown to win @ 1.75 with BET365 (4/10) Good luck all:ok

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 Carrick Rangers v Linfield AW 1.33 B365 Linfield will be looking to forget the misery of the last few weeks with defeats against their two biggest rivals (think Man u losing heavily to Liverpool and City in the same week) and where better to convaslesce than at the seaside? Carrick have pulled out the odd surprise (go figure the 3-3 versus the holders of Benfica, Glentoran) but are buttplugging material most weeks. Factor in the brothers-in-arms entente cordiale and you really can't see past a comfortable victory. But let's not be greedy and go looking for handicaps: B365 offer 1.33 and I would advise the management of Credit Suisse and UBS to cash in a few equities tonight and lump on that and get back some of the money they lost punting on rather less certain events.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 Carrick-Lingfield. Lingfield HT-FT 10/11 bet 365 Would have to agree with papa whatsiname above. On bare form the Irish team Lingfield would appear to be head and shoulders above the Carrickfergus team. The Lingfield coach (looks like Buster Bloodvessel) has been calling for more effort from his team and a confidence builder would look on the cards against what appears to be a pub team. Being seasiders perhaps they should be renamed "The Shrimp and Seagull" lol I would sanction any form of handicap up to - 2 against the coastal duffers, but was unable to find any such markets. Anyway, for me it's a good day at the races for Lingfield. GL

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 Interesting comments about Linfield (without the 'G' Jackie:p) - they are, as has been said, playing a Carrick side that they should beat comfortably. Some of the local bookies have been offering 2.9 for -2 (EH) but I think there's more value/less risk in the Bet 365 prices of 1.95 (-1.5 AH) or even 2.6 (-2 AH). Good luck if you decide to plump for any of the above:hope

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 yes, Jackie, an easy mistake to make but it is definitely Linfield, one of the most successful teams in the history of domestic football (also the only team to remain unbeaten in the English FA Cup). I would take on the handicap but this may not be a rout: I feel safe about the away win though. Good luck.:hope

LISBURN DISTILLERY V PORTADOWN - Portadown to win 2nd place Portadown are away to Distillery who sit two places off the bottom of the table and with an appalling home record of 1-0-8. Distllery are missing David Cushley while Ross Redman is suspended for the Ports. I would have expected the Ports to be sitting about 8/13 due to the obvious difference in quality between the two sides and the fact that the Whites are so poor at the the greyhound track this season. Portadown are currently priced 4/6 with the majority of local cream cookies so I'm happy to take Bet365's 3/4 price on them. Portadown to win @ 1.75 with BET365 (4/10) Good luck all:ok
0-2 bet won. Incidentally, this price went from 3/4 late on Friday night to 4/7 by Saturday lunchtime highlighting the importance of getting in early if there's something that catches your eye. Also, Linfield won 4-0 so well done anyone who profited from this - 2.9 on the -2 (EH) was the price of the weekend. CURRENT BANK 39.27 units - STARTING BANK 10 units = PROFIT 29.27 units PL record - Winners 7 Losses 0:loon

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 Lingfield-Ballymena. Ballymena 1.5,2.0 AH @ 2.075 b 365 The past six results of this fixture has seen a total of three goals, that coming in three 1-0 victorys for the home side. The three most recent results have seen not a single goal. I would think Ballymena are over their purple patch of bad defending and will battle for a result here. Lingfield have had a couple of confidence boosters over some of the divisions lesser lights, but have not impressed against the stronger outfits, not to say that the oppo are that, but on their day they can be decent. A tight game expected, I'm going with the generous asian on Ballymena. GL

Lingfield-Ballymena. Ballymena 1.5' date=2.0 AH @ 2.075 b 365 The past six results of this fixture has seen a total of three goals, that coming in three 1-0 victorys for the home side. The three most recent results have seen not a single goal. I would think Ballymena are over their purple patch of bad defending and will battle for a result here. Lingfield have had a couple of confidence boosters over some of the divisions lesser lights, but have not impressed against the stronger outfits, not to say that the oppo are that, but on their day they can be decent. A tight game expected, I'm going with the generous asian on Ballymena. GL
Was thinking the same thing myself Rubber. One factor you are not considering is the "hands across the Twelfth" aspect of this fixture where the witch burners have not won in living memory. Ballymena are not going to win here and the win for their brothers could make a big difference following their recent losses to their main contenders. My tip is Linfield to win 1-0 or 2-0. Portadown are playing well and fancy them to account for Crusaders at home.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 Oh hello, one almost slipped under the radar......Glenavon away to Carrick House Rangers who are on a run of several dickings of Holmesian proportions. Interestingly, while Glenavon have lost 4 from their last 6, the losses have been against very much in form outfits of Glentoran, Cliftonville (twice) and Portydown....and none by more than 2 goals. I am declaring this today's banker Glenavon to win at flame grilled whopping 2.2 from Brit firm Bet365. Let's hope that they will be dancing in the streets of Mourneview come 5.00.

Oh hello' date=' one almost slipped under the radar......Glenavon away to Carrick House Rangers who are on a run of several dickings of Holmesian proportions. Interestingly, while Glenavon have lost 4 from their last 6, the losses have been against very much in form outfits of Glentoran, Cliftonville (twice) and Portydown....and none by more than 2 goals. I am declaring this today's banker [b']Glenavon to win at flame grilled whopping 2.2 from Brit firm Bet365. Let's hope that they will be dancing in the streets of Mourneview come 5.00.
:crywell, well. Getting near Christmas and the extra shillings will always come in handy for the shappin' trip at Clandeboye with Sandra and the kids. Were you in on it too Rubber? Before anyone starts pulling up Papa, I can tell you that a work colleague goalkeeper in this Mickey Mouse League once advised me to get on his oppo before losing 4-0 at home.

Was thinking the same thing myself Rubber. One factor you are not considering is the "hands across the Twelfth" aspect of this fixture where the witch burners have not won in living memory. Ballymena are not going to win here and the win for their brothers could make a big difference following their recent losses to their main contenders. My tip is Linfield to win 1-0 or 2-0.:clap Portadown are playing well and fancy them to account for Crusaders at home :sad.
Papa in profit despite the poor showing by the Ports.:ok

Lingfield-Ballymena. Ballymena 1.5' date=2.0 AH @ 2.075 b 365 The past six results of this fixture has seen a total of three goals, that coming in three 1-0 victorys for the home side. The three most recent results have seen not a single goal. I would think Ballymena are over their purple patch of bad defending and will battle for a result here. Lingfield have had a couple of confidence boosters over some of the divisions lesser lights, but have not impressed against the stronger outfits, not to say that the oppo are that, but on their day they can be decent. A tight game expected, I'm going with the generous asian on Ballymena. GL
:clap hats off to you Rubber, certainly one of the hardest punters in the lounge.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 Todays bet for me looks to be Cliftonville -1 goal - The reds have been on one hell of a winning run, I think it's 14 games in a row. The are beating all around them and with Rory Donnelly scoring for fun a win today by a couple of goals shouldn't be an issue. Distillery are far better away from home with 2 wins and 4 draws from 9 while losing 7 times at home, but I still feel they will struggle against a tip top Reds team. Coleraine -1 goal - Coleraine are a team wanting to push on for a higher position, they have some quality players throughout the team and in Allen, Knight 2 top forwards who can score you plenty of goals. Today they play a Dungannon side who are having a poor season and are sitting on just under half the amount of points Coleraine have. Can't see past a home win here and hoping for some goals from their front two. Linfield - Now onto my team, Linfield having been playing that well this season but getting the results. 2 weeks ago at same ground we tanked Carrick scoring some cracking goals. The pitch isn't a problem to us and it won't play a part today. We are still missing some top quality forwards in Thompson and Patterson but have able replacements in McAllister and Carvill. Goals from midfielder Lowry really help the team too while Mulgrews creates goal chances. Still not 100% sure of our defence though. Crusaders like Dungannon aren't having their normal type of season, currently sitting in 5th 13 points behind Linfield isn't their normal fare. They are another team better away from home. This will be tight but I think Linfield will pull through by the odd goal. All William Hill @ 8.18/1 Cliftonville -1 - 3/4 Coleraine -1 - 6/4 Linfield - 11/10

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 PORTADOWN v DONEGAL CELTIC Portadown -1.25 (AH) 1.78 stakes 1/10 bet365 A late one for me so not much write up except obvious gulf in class/squad size etc. Portadown seem to have the bit between their teeth in terms of the chase for 2nd place and DC whilst doing very well this season aren't really at the same level. They say the league table doesn't lie and you could easily split the IPL league in two such is the points difference between top half and bottom half. Anyway small stakes so:hope

PORTADOWN v DONEGAL CELTIC Portadown -1.25 (AH) 1.78 stakes 1/10 bet365 A late one for me so not much write up except obvious gulf in class/squad size etc. Portadown seem to have the bit between their teeth in terms of the chase for 2nd place and DC whilst doing very well this season aren't really at the same level. They say the league table doesn't lie and you could easily split the IPL league in two such is the points difference between top half and bottom half. Anyway small stakes so:hope
5-2 bet won. CURRENT BANK 44.22 units - STARTING BANK 10 units = PROFIT 34.22 units PL record - Winners 9 Losses 1 (admittedly on the snooker:\)

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2011 Sport Football (N.Ireland) Event Coleraine - Glenotran Selection Coleraine Strength 10/10 Date 20/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.80 Reasoning I see very good value in this odds, Coleraine have more chances for three points than WH think. Coleraine in this moment is in very good form, won 4 of last 5 league matches, in last round beat Cliftonville on away after very good match. Players want conitnue this very good streak in this match. Glenotrant is out of form, 2 losts in last thre matches. In last round lost 0:2 at home against Portadown, players can't feel good after lost in this style. Last home match for Coleraine against Glenotran end with 3:1 for hosts. Sport Football (N.Ireland) Event Linfield - Lisburn Selection Over 3.5 Strength 10/10 Date 20/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.25 Reasoning Linfield in this moment is leader of the table, 17 wins in 21 matches, the strongest team in league. Fantastric streak with 6 wins in a row. Lisburn is the worst team in league, lost 8 of last 10 league matches, in last round lost against Carrick Rangers, but lead after half time. Last three matches in a row end with minimum 4 goals. On away Linfield won 3:2, I can image next big result and I take 2.25 in Paddy Power for Over 3.5 Sport Football (N.Ireland) Event Carrick Rangers - Portadown Selection Portadown(Half time) Strength 10/10 Date 20/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85 Reasoning I see easy win for guests in this game, but any value in 1x2 odds. Portadown won 6 of last 7 league matches in a row, very hot streak. In last round show great stuff and not give any chances for Donegal, 5-2. Last away match won against Glenotran, without too much troubles 2:0. Carrick Rangers in last round broken bad streak, but against the worst team in league Lisburn, today possible back on the 'normal' track. At home Portadown won 3:0

Event Coleraine - Glentoran
Selection Coleraine
Strength 10/10
Date 20/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 2.63
Reasoning I can say the two teams have similar value and this will be a balanced game. Coleraine is fourth placed and Glentoran sixth, with just two points between them. But the moment of form of the two teams is quite different, with the hosts having 4-1-1 in the last six games, while Glentoran has a 2-2-2 record. The hosts are coming from four consecutive wins and they are unbeaten in the last five games. Glentoran is winless in the last three games with two defeats and a draw. The last time Glentoran visited Coleraine, the hosts won by 3-1 and i think like the two teams are performing at the moment, it may happen again.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2012 CLIFTONVILLE v DUNGANNON SWIFTS I had prepared a much longer write up for this game but lost it all so will summarise the main points: Don't be reading too much into the Swifts last result as Glentoran invariably seem to suffer an 'After the Lord Mayors Show' effect every time they beat Linfield in Belclassico. Cliftonville may have lost star man Rory Donnelly to Swansea but they are still an attacking force to be reckoned with in my opinion and are the leagues top scorers. Dungannon may have brought in a few players of late but they sit amongst the bottom group of teams in terms of quality and the likes of Cliftonville are a class apart. Cliftonville are very much in contention for a Europa League place and will want to consolidate their place in dying of the live SKY cameras. I was very much attracted to Bet365's -1.25 AH on the home team @ 1.95 and was happy to put 2 units on this but an opportune visit to my local cream cookies temptede with this: Stake 2 units - Cliftonville to score both halves @ EVS

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2012 Yes, statistics strongly support home team that won all three h2h matches this season (with 13:2 goal difference). However there is no value in Cliftonville's bets for me. Rory Donnelly (13 goals) went to Swansea, Chris Scannel (14 goals) is injured and Ryan Cartney (3 goals) is suspended for home team. Diarmuid O'Carroll arrived from Glenovan but he scored only three times this season and it's questionable how much he will help. In the end, Donnelly and Scannell scored 9 of 13 goals against Dungannon this season and they are not here tonight! gl if you play this... :ok

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2012

CLIFTONVILLE v DUNGANNON SWIFTS I had prepared a much longer write up for this game but lost it all so will summarise the main points: Don't be reading too much into the Swifts last result as Glentoran invariably seem to suffer an 'After the Lord Mayors Show' effect every time they beat Linfield in Belclassico. Cliftonville may have lost star man Rory Donnelly to Swansea but they are still an attacking force to be reckoned with in my opinion and are the leagues top scorers. Dungannon may have brought in a few players of late but they sit amongst the bottom group of teams in terms of quality and the likes of Cliftonville are a class apart. Cliftonville are very much in contention for a Europa League place and will want to consolidate their place in dying of the live SKY cameras. I was very much attracted to Bet365's -1.25 AH on the home team @ 1.95 and was happy to put 2 units on this but an opportune visit to my local cream cookies temptede with this: Stake 2 units - Cliftonville to score both halves @ EVS
2-1 (Cliftonville's goals coming in each half):nana Much closer than I expected and glad I didn't back the AH as I would have ended up with a half loss. CURRENT BANK 46.22 units - STARTING BANK 10 units = PROFIT 36.22 units PL record - Winners 10 Losses 1 (admittedly on the snooker:\)

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2012 Irish Cup. Bangor-Ballymoney Utd- Ballymoney Utd 5/1 b 365 Ballymoney have a better recent record than Bangor in the same division. In the past Ballymoney have shown up pretty well in Irish cup encounters against bigger opposition. Bangor should certainly not be taken at odds on with their current form. I think the odds makers have made a rickett here. Go with the money. GL.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups 2012 INSTITUTE V DONEGAL CELTIC DC win @ EVS William Hill...stakes 1/10 Not much team info available here but Irish League clubs tend not to have the luxury of changing their teams about for cup games. These two clubs fortunes have been in contrast to each other over the last 10 years or so and DC now in the IPL have a much stronger line-up than Championship side Institute. Bit of value here in my opinion. Small stakes as its a cup game but :hope GL all for the weekend bets:ok