** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Irish Leagues & Cups 2012

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October

Cork AH+1.75 @ 1.72 Pinnacle 3/10 The line seems to be ok, would have thought it should be around +2.0...Cork won last four with HC in a convincing manner, last four away as well...Salthill has the worst defense and offense in the first division. Last matches they lost in HC. In April Cork managed to beat them 5-1 on their ground. Can´t see things changing here, a win with two goals difference at least can be expected... besides this bet I´m thinking about UCD +1.25 @ 1.9 vs. Bohemians. UCD have had a good run now and Bohs don´t score too many at home, had a difficult match at Shamrock on Wednesday...maybe time for another upset (UCD win is around 9)???
Glad that I finally stayed away from Bohs-UCD, Under was a great pick, but I didn´t play...so it was only Cork today (and Sheff Wednesday). Line around kick off was reduced to AH-2.25 @ 1,8...good value when I took it, sometimes it´s good to play early lines, but even later would have been easy money :cheers

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Bray Wanderers -v- Shamrock Rovers This could be a tricky game for Shamrock Rovers today, but knowing that Sligo Rovers slipped up yesterday and that they have the retention of the league title all in their own hands, they should go out today and win the game. I've decided to wait for the team sheets, and Rovers are playing a good team. There were doubts about Craig Sives, who is an important centre-half for Shamrock Rovers, but he does play. Elsewhere they look set to play a 4-5-1 formation, with two attacking wide men in Billy Dennehy and Gary McCabe. Bray have a good team, but I don't think they are strong enough up against a midfield of Shamrock Rovers capacity. Furthermore Rovers have a bench full of game-changing players, whereas Bray don't. Shamrock Rovers to win @ 1.45 with betfair.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Like I said this game proved to be a tricky victory for Shamrock Rovers. The windy conditions meant neither team had any sort of grip on possession and Shamrock Rovers' early lead was cancelled out in the 65th min. But also like I said, the Shamrock Rovers bench was far superior to Bray's, and Rovers were able to make 3 changes with 20 mins to go to change the game, and finally scored the winner in the 89th min, two of their substitutes involved in the play. I ended up making a lot of money as I bet on another goal with around 10 mins to go, but in the end I hope other people did go ahead and bet on Shamrock Rovers, even if the odds were very low. 3 out of 4 right for me this weekend in the League of Ireland. :clap

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Shamrock vs Derry A derby in the Irish League might always be considered as a game that can end a draw. Derry is the team with the most games that ended with draws and I expect them to prove that here, also. Home side has 11 wins at home, 3 draws and 2 defeats. Away side has 9 wins away, 5 draws and 2 defeats. Derry tries to win the game for getting at just 1 points from second spot and 2 from ... Shamrock. Home side will try to get the win, but also a draw helps them very much in their goal of getting the title once again. draw @ 3.44 with 5Dimes

Shamrock vs Derry A derby in the Irish League might always be considered as a game that can end a draw. Derry is the team with the most games that ended with draws and I expect them to prove that here, also. Home side has 11 wins at home, 3 draws and 2 defeats. Away side has 9 wins away, 5 draws and 2 defeats. Derry tries to win the game for getting at just 1 points from second spot and 2 from ... Shamrock. Home side will try to get the win, but also a draw helps them very much in their goal of getting the title once again. draw @ 3.44 with 5Dimes
I didn´t know that this is a derby...from this point of view your reasoning is wrong...but in general I think a draw might be an option to go for. From 3 games this season 2 ended with a draw...all were unders. See this one as an under as well (line is 2.25@1,84 Pinnacle)...both teams are hard to beat and might cancel each other out.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October 13 oct, 20:00 Dublin, Tallaght Stadium distance>> 200km weather>> 13,14C - cloudy Shamrock Rovers vs Derry City tradition 19-19-15 (56:45) in Dublin 12-9-3 (39:18) table (home/away) 1. Shamorck 20-8-5 (62:23) / 11-3-2 (38:11) 3. Derry 17-12-3 (58:21) / 9-5-2 (28:14) matches (last/next) 9 oct, Bray 1:2 Shamrock 20 oct, PAOK v Shamrock 8 oct, Dundalk 0:2 Derry 16 oct, Derry v Galway absences Shamrock>> doubtful: O'Neill (fw), Stevens (df) and Kelly (backup). Derry>> injured: McCallion (df) and Morrison (backup); doubtful: McBride (backup). This is the game that will significant impact on issue of who will be champion of Premier Division. Rovers suits win or draw tonight, but Derry must to win all four remaining matches if they wish to win the title. This is the fourth meeting of these two this season and Derry have yet to lose to the champions. Last seven games between these two in Dublin were with 2 or 3 goals. Shamrock will have great support from the stands, but I think that away side will scored at least one goal which means my bet is... 2 or 3 goals @1.95 bet365 3/10 my odds 1.80

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Premier Division

Thursday 13 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Shamrock Rovers v Derry City (19:00 BST) 2.16 3.45 4.2 99.09 %
Friday 14 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Drogheda United v Bray Wanderers (19:45 BST) 4.75 3.6 1.87 102.31 %
Sunday 16 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Derry City v Galway United (17:00 BST) 1.05 13 34 105.87 %

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October 1st Division

Friday 14 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Limerick FC v Athlone Town (19:45 BST) 1.17 8 16 104.22 %
maximize.gif Mervue United v Monaghan United (19:45 BST) 9 5.5 1.38 101.76 %
maximize.gif Wexford Youths v Waterford United (20:00 BST) 6 3.8 1.68 102.51 %
Saturday 15 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Longford Town v Salthill Devon (19:30 BST) 1.2 6.5 16 104.97 %

13 oct' date= 20:00 Dublin, Tallaght Stadium distance>> 200km weather>> 13,14C - cloudy Shamrock Rovers vs Derry City tradition 19-19-15 (56:45) in Dublin 12-9-3 (39:18) table (home/away) 1. Shamorck 20-8-5 (62:23) / 11-3-2 (38:11) 3. Derry 17-12-3 (58:21) / 9-5-2 (28:14) matches (last/next) 9 oct, Bray 1:2 Shamrock 20 oct, PAOK v Shamrock 8 oct, Dundalk 0:2 Derry 16 oct, Derry v Galway absences Shamrock>> doubtful: O'Neill (fw), Stevens (df) and Kelly (backup). Derry>> injured: McCallion (df) and Morrison (backup); doubtful: McBride (backup). This is the game that will significant impact on issue of who will be champion of Premier Division. Rovers suits win or draw tonight, but Derry must to win all four remaining matches if they wish to win the title. This is the fourth meeting of these two this season and Derry have yet to lose to the champions. Last seven games between these two in Dublin were with 2 or 3 goals. Shamrock will have great support from the stands, but I think that away side will scored at least one goal which means my bet is... 2 or 3 goals @1.95 bet365 3/10 my odds 1.80
1:0 It was an exciting game (as I expected it), with few clear chances and even 18 corners, but only one goal...

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Waterford 1,59 Pinnacle 5/10 Derby at Wexford today and I think odds are pretty fair. Waterford beat Shelbourne last week and should be in a good mood. Wexford are incredibly weak at home, only one draw and 12 defeats (13:32 goals). In April Waterford won at Wexford 2-1. H2H shows that Waterford lost only once at Wexford and has won more games than their opposition (7-2-3). Both have not much left to play for, so I play only with medium stake...but anyway Irish 1st div. is good to back away teams (43% wins), so I´m glad to back Waterford away from home. I wouldn´t back them at home (Wexford won at Waterford 1-0, and got more points away).

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Bohs-Sligo Under 2.25 @ 1.926 Pinnacle 4/10 Can´t resist. Two sides with a good defense. Sligo only conceded 17goals/34 games, Bohs 24/34 games...last encounter in the cup at Bohs was a 1-0 to Sligo. Besides this result Sligo haven´t been able to beat Bohs this season (0-0 at Bohs, 1-2 twice at home after taking the lead). All matches in Ireland among the good sides are very close and underish (e.g Shamrock-Derry 1-0, St. Pats-Sligo 1-0, Shamrock-Bohs 1-1, Bohs-St. Pats 0-0 recently). Bohs played 2 Overs/15 unders at home, goal avg. 1,53/match. H2H shows that last three encounters at Dalymount since 2010 were unders (0-0 twice, 2-0 Bohs). Sligo is able to thrash teams like Galway or Drogheda, but whenever they meet decent opposition it´s much closer. Seen from this perspective the under represents value, although the line is 2.25. Like in the cup recently I see a low-scoring scrappy affair.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October UCD vs Shamrock rovers....pick UCD +2AH @ 1.6....bet366...stakes...2/10.Taking on the champions elect here may be a form of madness but I'll give it a go.If rovers win tonight then the league is theirs but there is no pressure on UCD.Also even if rovers don't manage 3 points tonight then their last match is at home to Galway united,so they will definitely win it on Friday night. UCD are 8-1-8 at home scoring 23 and conceding 26.Rovers are 9-5-3 away from Tallaght scoring 24 and letting in 12.They have beaten the students four times this season scoring 21 goals in the process.UCD had a player sent off early in 2 of those games and the other time these two met was a 2-2 draw in Tallaght in the cup. UCD however have won their last 4 home games scoring 9 and conceding 2.Tonight UCD will miss their goalkeeper Barron,also Belhout(2 goals) and Ledwith. Rovers will miss Twigg(15 goals),Dennehey(8goals) and Turner(2goals) through suspension with Sheppard(9goals) and Stevans(27 app) doubtful. Rovers need 3 points tonight and may very well get them but without their 3 top scorers I don't think they'll have it all their own way and I'm on the students to put up a bit of a fight.....

UCD vs Shamrock rovers....pick UCD +2AH @ 1.6....bet366...stakes...2/10.Taking on the champions elect here may be a form of madness but I'll give it a go.If rovers win tonight then the league is theirs but there is no pressure on UCD.Also even if rovers don't manage 3 points tonight then their last match is at home to Galway united,so they will definitely win it on Friday night. UCD are 8-1-8 at home scoring 23 and conceding 26.Rovers are 9-5-3 away from Tallaght scoring 24 and letting in 12.They have beaten the students four times this season scoring 21 goals in the process.UCD had a player sent off early in 2 of those games and the other time these two met was a 2-2 draw in Tallaght in the cup. UCD however have won their last 4 home games scoring 9 and conceding 2.Tonight UCD will miss their goalkeeper Barron,also Belhout(2 goals) and Ledwith. Rovers will miss Twigg(15 goals),Dennehey(8goals) and Turner(2goals) through suspension with Sheppard(9goals) and Stevans(27 app) doubtful. Rovers need 3 points tonight and may very well get them but without their 3 top scorers I don't think they'll have it all their own way and I'm on the students to put up a bit of a fight.....
I think there will be goals in this game , ucd ahve been averaging 2 goals in their last 4 previous home games and i think they can get one if not two tonight. Shamrock rovers will edge this game and i can't see them not scoring - I predict a 2/3 : 1 win for rovers. I'm taking over 2.5 goals @ 4/9 paddy power Thinking of doubling this up with over 2.5 goals in the brighton v west ham game tonight also. west ham are the 5th highest scorers (22 goals , conceded 11) in the championship & brighton have notched 17 goals and conceded 15. West ham have been in decent form of late despite not puuting points on the board and a punt on them cud be worthwhile. This game is live on sky sports and these monday night affairs are rarely dull. Brighton v west ham over 2.5 goals @ 5/6 paddy power west ham @ 11/8 paddy power Over 2.5 goals in both games double @ 2.65 or 1/1.65 paddy power What do you think?

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October 22 out of UCDs 34 games have gone over and 14 of Rovers 34 games have gone the same way.Rovers have only conceded 12 on the road and will be missing 34 goals tonight.However historically goals have flown in between these teams but tonight with the title at stake I'm not sure what approach Rovers will take,especially if they're 1 or 2 to nil up.Too many variables for me to take such a skinny price for the overs but it could well be a goal fest.Good luck to you moneyghun......

Thinking of doubling this up with over 2.5 goals in the brighton v west ham game tonight also. west ham are the 5th highest scorers (22 goals , conceded 11) in the championship & brighton have notched 17 goals and conceded 15. West ham have been in decent form of late despite not puuting points on the board and a punt on them cud be worthwhile. This game is live on sky sports and these monday night affairs are rarely dull.
Slightly off topic for this thread, so might be best discussing the Brighton game here http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/england-npower-football-league-championship-oct-22-24-a-122672/ However, bare in mind West Ham have got a lot of injuries right now. I expect them to stick to a 4-5-1 formation, and as Matty Taylor is out, a lack of natural width could be an issue where overs are concerned. Brighton are a decent passing side under Poyet, so the best I think West Ham can hope for is a draw.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Just a word of warning on the UCD V Shams game. It has been raining heavily here most of the day, and it ain't showing any signs of stopping. Very heavy rain for a good few hours last night as well. Would be suprised if there is not standing water on the pitch tonight, and certainly conditions would not be conducive to free flowing football. The match is live on tv, so I would recommend waiting to see the state of the pitch before getting involved.

Just a word of warning on the UCD V Shams game. It has been raining heavily here most of the day' date=' and it ain't showing any signs of stopping. Very heavy rain for a good few hours last night as well. Would be suprised if there is not standing water on the pitch tonight, and certainly conditions would not be conducive to free flowing football. The match is live on tv, so I would recommend waiting to see the state of the pitch before getting involved.[/quote'] Thanks,suits me....

Just a word of warning on the UCD V Shams game. It has been raining heavily here most of the day' date=' and it ain't showing any signs of stopping. Very heavy rain for a good few hours last night as well. Would be suprised if there is not standing water on the pitch tonight, and certainly conditions would not be conducive to free flowing football. The match is live on tv, so I would recommend waiting to see the state of the pitch before getting involved.[/quote'] Match off, not surprised!!

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Shelbourne to take a step closer to LOI First Division title tonight when they take on Finn Harps. Shels will go top with a win over 9th placed Harps with the final round of games to come on Saturday night. Shels lost their last 2 home league games - but they were against top 4 sides and while Harps only lost 2 of their last 6 away, wins against Salthill, Wexford and even Athlone aren't much to write home about. I would expect Shels to win and set up a title decider with Cork City on Saturday night. Shels have scored in 27 of 28 league games this season and despite a tight defence away, have conceded 13 goals in 13 home league matches so a 6th home clean sheet is not a guarantee.

Shelbourne to take a step closer to LOI First Division title tonight when they take on Finn Harps. Shels will go top with a win over 9th placed Harps with the final round of games to come on Saturday night. Shels lost their last 2 home league games - but they were against top 4 sides and while Harps only lost 2 of their last 6 away, wins against Salthill, Wexford and even Athlone aren't much to write home about. I would expect Shels to win and set up a title decider with Cork City on Saturday night. Shels have scored in 27 of 28 league games this season and despite a tight defence away, have conceded 13 goals in 13 home league matches so a 6th home clean sheet is not a guarantee.
I think the bookies have got wind that you expect Shels to win and that's why they're priced at 1/7.....

UCD vs Shamrock rovers....pick UCD +2AH @ 1.6....bet366...stakes...2/10.Taking on the champions elect here may be a form of madness but I'll give it a go.If rovers win tonight then the league is theirs but there is no pressure on UCD.Also even if rovers don't manage 3 points tonight then their last match is at home to Galway united,so they will definitely win it on Friday night. UCD are 8-1-8 at home scoring 23 and conceding 26.Rovers are 9-5-3 away from Tallaght scoring 24 and letting in 12.They have beaten the students four times this season scoring 21 goals in the process.UCD had a player sent off early in 2 of those games and the other time these two met was a 2-2 draw in Tallaght in the cup. UCD however have won their last 4 home games scoring 9 and conceding 2.Tonight UCD will miss their goalkeeper Barron,also Belhout(2 goals) and Ledwith. Rovers will miss Twigg(15 goals),Dennehey(8goals) and Turner(2goals) through suspension with Sheppard(9goals) and Stevans(27 app) doubtful. Rovers need 3 points tonight and may very well get them but without their 3 top scorers I don't think they'll have it all their own way and I'm on the students to put up a bit of a fight.....
1-2,bet won....late drama....late goal and Rovers win the league....well done to them....

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Bray-Dundalk over 2.5 1.79 Pinnacle 4/10 Bray at home (only 4 under 2.5) and Dundalk away (only 5 under 2.5) are overish...both don´t have any pressure and this should be an open game without tactical defensive displays. Last season 4 from 5 matches on matchday 36, when most things were already decided, ended over 3.5 goals...matches between the two were 0-0 at Dundalk at the beginning of the season, then 1-5 and 2-2...1.93 for homewin looks nice as well, as Bray seems to have a little more motivation recently, Dundalk lost 5 from last 6. But I´ll go for goals here. Maybe someone can help me by explaining how the relegation system works out this year. Last year there were playdowns/-offs. And this year? Extratime reported that Shels are promoted, but still they can lose first spot. So I wondered a little bit.... Anyway the over between Shels and Cork looks good at first sight (2.11 Pinnacle)...both have enough firepower.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October As far as I know the Premier Division will be expanded to 12 clubs next season, so 3 up and only 1 down. The bottom team in the Premier (Galway) will play the 3rd team in the First Division (Limerick, Monaghan or Cork) in a two-legged play-off. Hence Shels are up as they can't drop to 3rd. There are some rumours doing the rounds that the Premier may switch to 16 teams next season, but at the moment it will be 12, and that's what matters for this weekend.

Event Bray - Dundalk
Selection Bray
Strength 10/10
Date 28/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.93
Reasoning Bray Wanderers is really passing by a good moment. They got two big wins away in the last two games they played. And they scored ten goals on those games! Winning 6-0 at Galway does not happen every days, even if we consider Galway as the worst team of the Premier League. And winning at Drogheda by 4-1 is not easy at all. They also have a "revenge" to take over Dundalk as they couldn't beta them during the season and they were humiliated earlier in the start of the season by 1-5 away. If Drogheda was hammered by Bray at home two weeks ago, Dundalk only could defeat them by 1-0 in the last game. This shows the different moment of the two teams. And if i say that it was the first win of Dundalk in the last three months we can see even better how bad is their moment. Dundalk was very affected by injuries this season and they are depleted again for today's game. Bray is the favourite here.

22 out of UCDs 34 games have gone over and 14 of Rovers 34 games have gone the same way.Rovers have only conceded 12 on the road and will be missing 34 goals tonight.However historically goals have flown in between these teams but tonight with the title at stake I'm not sure what approach Rovers will take' date='especially if they're 1 or 2 to nil up.Too many variables for me to take such a skinny price for the overs but it could well be a goal fest.Good luck to you moneyghun......[/quote'] I took Over 2.5, odds 1.40 @ Betsafe for a combo material. Last two games here finished 4-0, the previous 2-1. Sligo has only 1 under in their last 7 games which game in the loss at St.Patricks

I think there will be goals in this game , ucd ahve been averaging 2 goals in their last 4 previous home games and i think they can get one if not two tonight. Shamrock rovers will edge this game and i can't see them not scoring - I predict a 2/3 : 1 win for rovers. I'm taking over 2.5 goals @ 4/9 paddy power Thinking of doubling this up with over 2.5 goals in the brighton v west ham game tonight also. west ham are the 5th highest scorers (22 goals , conceded 11) in the championship & brighton have notched 17 goals and conceded 15. West ham have been in decent form of late despite not puuting points on the board and a punt on them cud be worthwhile. This game is live on sky sports and these monday night affairs are rarely dull. Brighton v west ham over 2.5 goals @ 5/6 paddy power west ham @ 11/8 paddy power Over 2.5 goals in both games double @ 2.65 or 1/1.65 paddy power What do you think?
Excellent tip money ghun. Do you have any for tomorrow? :welcome to me too :spank :D

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October SALTHILL +0,+.5 @....1.9....bet366....stakes....2/10.....This is a battle of the bottom two in the league.Both have 11 points,Youths have the worst home record in the league with 0-1-13 for 13 ag 34.Salthill away are 1-4-9 for 6 ag 27.They have managed draws against Limerick and Longford away since August.Wexford are 12 without a win and the fact that they will miss Danny Furlong(10 goals),Ben Ryan(6goals) and their goalkeeper Holden won't help their cause tonight. Considering the youths have only scored 24 goals and 16 of them will be missing leads me to believe that Devon can get something from this game......