** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Irish Leagues & Cups 2012

Friday 30 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Bohemians v St. Patrick's Athletic (19:45 BST) 3.1 3.3 2.59 101.17 %
maximize.gif Derry City v Bray Wanderers (19:45 BST) 1.25 7 14 101.43 %
maximize.gif UCD v Dundalk (19:45 BST) 4.3 3.5 2 101.83 %
Saturday 1 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Sligo Rovers v Galway United (19:45 BST) 1.07 15.5 65 101.45 %
Sunday 2 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Shamrock Rovers v Drogheda United (14:00 BST) 1.16 8 17 104.10 %

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October St Pats AH0 @ 1,76 Pinnacle 5/10 Bohs league season seems to be over after Mondays defeat (but they still must concentrate on cups). St Pats should have more motivation and is strong away from home, whereas Bohs tend to lose too many matches at home vs. teams from the upper half of the table (and even Galway won @ Bohs, but that was at the beginning of the season). This season there were two draws @ St. Pats (0-0, 1-1) and one victory for Pats @ Bohs, 0-1...H2H shows that last five encounters were unders, and Bohs tend to play unders at home, although last two league games at home were overs (vs. Dundalk and Bray), but the unders don´t represent value (line is 2.0)...if a team will escape this match as a winner, it´s more likely to be St Pats. And I doubt that Bohs will get on the scoresheet in this matchup (scored 13 at home/15 matches).

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October UCD vs [email protected]/10.UCD are 16/5 to win and I think this price is a little on the large side.The students defied the odds in their last match by beating bohs 2-0.Dundalk have won 5 out of 15 away this season and their last away win was in June.The only word of caution is that Dundalk have a clean sweep against the students this season. However they will be missing 6 players tomorrow night.Their two top scorers Quigley(13 goals) and Griffin(8 goals) will be missing.Two more regulars Bennett and Hawkins(4 goals) are also out. Considering the team news on the away side and the fact that they're away from their artificial pitch,I think the money on price is too low and hopefully the students can get at least a point......

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October

UCD vs [email protected]/10.UCD are 16/5 to win and I think this price is a little on the large side.The students defied the odds in their last match by beating bohs 2-0.Dundalk have won 5 out of 15 away this season and their last away win was in June.The only word of caution is that Dundalk have a clean sweep against the students this season. However they will be missing 6 players tomorrow night.Their two top scorers Quigley(13 goals) and Griffin(8 goals) will be missing.Two more regulars Bennett and Hawkins(4 goals) are also out. Considering the team news on the away side and the fact that they're away from their artificial pitch,I think odds on price is too low and hopefully the students can get at least a point......
Could be worth a go. Just remembering Dundalk's last away game in the league, a 2-2 draw at Galway. From reports they weren't too interested that night, although of course they had the cup QF against Bohs on the horizon. UCD will keep them honest anyway, as they did against Bohs.

St Pats AH0 @ 1' date=76 Pinnacle 5/10 Bohs league season seems to be over after Mondays defeat (but they still must concentrate on cups). St Pats should have more motivation and is strong away from home, whereas Bohs tend to lose too many matches at home vs. teams from the upper half of the table (and even Galway won @ Bohs, but that was at the beginning of the season). This season there were two draws @ St. Pats (0-0, 1-1) and one victory for Pats @ Bohs, 0-1...H2H shows that last five encounters were unders, and Bohs tend to play unders at home, although last two league games at home were overs (vs. Dundalk and Bray), but the unders don´t represent value (line is 2.0)...if a team will escape this match as a winner, it´s more likely to be St Pats. And I doubt that Bohs will get on the scoresheet in this matchup (scored 13 at home/15 matches).
This game is too tough to call, but you should be rather safe with AH0. The fact is that Bohemians -v- St Pats is a huge game, even if one team has no aspirations left in the league. They are fierce Dublin rivals and Bohemians will fight hard to prevent St Pats taking three points. I'll wait for the teams before making a decision.

Could be worth a go. Just remembering Dundalk's last away game in the league' date=' a 2-2 draw at Galway. From reports they weren't too interested that night, although of course they had the cup QF against Bohs on the horizon. UCD will keep them honest anyway, as they did against Bohs.[/quote'] Settled on a couple of bets on this one. Dundalk haven't won in 8 in the league, and have conceded 14 goals in that run. They have shipped 2 to each of Drogheda, Bray and Galway, who occupy the bottom half of the table along with tonights opponents. So it's fair to expect UCD to score, and I like them to do so before the 60th min. Also covering UCD and Draw double result. 2pts Time of first UCD goal up to 60.00 @1.83 (Bet365) 2pts UCD or Draw Double Chance @1.91 (Bwin) :hope

how is the weather in Derry? why are they only 0-1 against poor Bray? :wall
Think it is ok mate :lol Derry have been iffy lately, only beat UCD 2-1 (after trailing 0-1) and drawing with Drogheda 2-2 (after trailing 0-2) in their last 2 homes. Bray improved of late. Never a bet at 1.25 UCD 2-0 up :ok

Settled on a couple of bets on this one. Dundalk haven't won in 8 in the league, and have conceded 14 goals in that run. They have shipped 2 to each of Drogheda, Bray and Galway, who occupy the bottom half of the table along with tonights opponents. So it's fair to expect UCD to score, and I like them to do so before the 60th min. Also covering UCD and Draw double result. 2pts Time of first UCD goal up to 60.00 @1.83 (Bet365) 2pts UCD or Draw Double Chance @1.91 (Bwin) :hope
FT 3-0 Both bets won +3.48pts cheers & WD luckoftheirish, wasn't considering this game until seen your post :clap

UCD vs [email protected]/10.UCD are 16/5 to win and I think this price is a little on the large side.The students defied the odds in their last match by beating bohs 2-0.Dundalk have won 5 out of 15 away this season and their last away win was in June.The only word of caution is that Dundalk have a clean sweep against the students this season. However they will be missing 6 players tomorrow night.Their two top scorers Quigley(13 goals) and Griffin(8 goals) will be missing.Two more regulars Bennett and Hawkins(4 goals) are also out. Considering the team news on the away side and the fact that they're away from their artificial pitch,I think the money on price is too low and hopefully the students can get at least a point......
3-0,bet won....didn't expect it to be so comprehensive but I knew the 16/5 was off the Mark...thanks Kiddo and keep up the good work in this thread...

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Well done to those of you who bet on UCD. :clap After seeing the preview on extratime.ie and you guys discussing here, I went and laid Dundalk, so I was happy too. However, anything I won cancelled out the money I put on St Pats! I should have known that the game was going to be a low scoring one - I was almost ready to recommend under 2.5 goals @ 1.55 odds. Oh well. Sligo -v- Galway tonight. Sligo will win, it's just a question of how many they will score. Sligo have a hectic schedule in the next 10 days, so I wouldn't be surprised if they rested a few players tonight. But until the teams are out I don't think a prediction can be made with this sort of inkling in mind. Should they be resting players, I think a +AH bet for Galway might be a decent shout - although Galway did lose 8-0 against Sligo @ The Showgrounds earlier this year - a game which made me a lot of money!

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October UCD vs St Patricks's Home side offered to their fans 2 big wins in last 2 games. They won against Bohemians and also against Dundalk. They have 4 3 wins in last 4 games, all at home. St. Patrick's are on fire with 6 wins and 3 draws. They conceded just 1 goal in last 5 games. I expect a draw between these two. When met on UCD's home ground, the teams made 11 draws in 24 games, 7 wins for UCD and 6 for away side. draw @ 4.44 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Sligo Rovers vs Dundalk Motive is a key reason for my bet here. Sligo is located at the leading position, with the same number of points as and Shamrock (that will play big derby of Dublin against Bohs tomorrow). On the other hand, Dundalk is in bad shape cause are located on 7th place (can't in Europe nor can't dropped from league). Sligo won last five games, and Dundalk haven't scored a single goal in last four matches. Davoren (df) and Cretaro (fw) are suspended for home team, but McGuinness (df), Ryan (mf) and Doyle (fw, topscorer) are back in the team. Dundalk will be boosted by the return of Quigley (fw, topscorer) and Bennett (mf) from suspension, but missings are Byrne (fw) and McHugh (df), as well as long term injured Osbourne, Hawkins and Maher. An ambitious Sligo would have to win tonight, cause they expect far more difficult opponents in the future. 1 (-1) @1.60 5/10 over 2,5 @1.60 4/10

Sport Football (N.Ireland)
Event Cork v Monaghan United
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 04/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.40
Reasoning both team have drew times without numbers and i think they will surely repeat it again in todays game as there is more probability for the both team to end this game with a goaless or 1-1 draw.

SportFootball (N.Ireland)
EventCork v Monaghan United
Selectiondraw
Strength10/10
Date04/10/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 3.40
Reasoningboth team have drew times without numbers and i think they will surely repeat it again in todays game as there is more probability for the both team to end this game with a goaless or 1-1 draw.
Can't agree with this at all pal. The teams sit 2nd and 3rd in the table. Monaghan are 4 pts being leaders Shels, with a worse goal difference, and only 4 games left after tonight. Cork are 5 pts off Shels, with a better goal difference, but with only 3 games left after tonight. While it may be a draw, neither team would be satisfied with it and will be pushing for a win right to the final whistle. Gave up betting on Div 1 months ago, but considering playing a late goal here. Paddypower have the line at 73 mins.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Premier Division

Tuesday 4 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Sligo Rovers v Dundalk (19:45 BST) 1.22 7.8 26 98.48 %
Wednesday 5 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians (19:05 BST) 1.62 4 6.6 101.88 %
Saturday 8 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Dundalk v Derry City (14:00 BST) 4.02 3.4 1.83 108.83 %
maximize.gif Bohemians v UCD (19:00 BST) 1.44 4.37 7.53 105.39 %
maximize.gif St. Patrick's Athletic v Sligo Rovers (19:30 BST) 3 3.26 2.26 108.26 %
maximize.gif Galway United v Drogheda United (19:45 BST) 4 3.26 2.01 105.43 %
Sunday 9 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Bray Wanderers v Shamrock Rovers (15:00 BST) 6 3.5 1.6 107.74 %

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October 1st Division

Tuesday 4 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Cork City FC v Monaghan United (19:45 BST) 2.4 3.55 3.3 100.14 %
Saturday 8 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Salthill Devon v Cork City FC (19:00 BST) 10.3 5.44 1.18 112.76 %
maximize.gif Waterford United v Shelbourne FC (19:00 BST) 4.46 3.27 1.68 112.53 %
maximize.gif Athlone Town v Mervue United (19:30 BST) 2.48 3.17 2.48 112.19 %
maximize.gif Finn Harps v Longford Town (19:45 BST) 2.58 3.17 2.38 112.32 %
Sunday 9 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Monaghan United v Wexford Youths (15:00 BST) 1.1 6.93 12.8 113.11 %

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Odds are short for a Shamrock win, only 1,57 (Pinnacle)...all matches between those two have been close and unders (this season so far 1-1, and 1-0 twice for Shamrock). I wonder if a draw is a likely outcome, attractive price @ 4,11, a win by one goal @ 3,4. Shamrock had many games recently, so they might be a little tired mentally...but it´s hard to find a good betting angle on this. Probably the under 2.25 @ 2.0 is the best option, as all important derbys this season have been unders (between Bohs, St. Pats and Shamrock...not UCD of course).

Sligo Rovers 5:0 Dundalk Motive is a key reason for my bet here. Sligo is located at the leading position, with the same number of points as and Shamrock (that will play big derby of Dublin against Bohs tomorrow). On the other hand, Dundalk is in bad shape cause are located on 7th place (can't in Europe nor can't dropped from league). Sligo won last five games, and Dundalk haven't scored a single goal in last four matches. Davoren (df) and Cretaro (fw) are suspended for home team, but McGuinness (df), Ryan (mf) and Doyle (fw, topscorer) are back in the team. Dundalk will be boosted by the return of Quigley (fw, topscorer) and Bennett (mf) from suspension, but missings are Byrne (fw) and McHugh (df), as well as long term injured Osbourne, Hawkins and Maher. An ambitious Sligo would have to win tonight, cause they expect far more difficult opponents in the future. 1 (-1) @1.60 5/10 :clap over 2,5 @1.60 4/10 :clap
+5.4 :cigar

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Just a few lines on Rovers - Bohs, note the earlier kick off time (19:05) too if anyone is interested. Rovers have won their last 5 home games against Bohs, haven't conceded in the last 4 at home against Bohs and kept clean sheets in 7 of the last 9 meetings. 8 of those 9 went unders so yes all signs point to a narrow home win.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Cork AH+1.75 @ 1.72 Pinnacle 3/10 The line seems to be ok, would have thought it should be around +2.0...Cork won last four with HC in a convincing manner, last four away as well...Salthill has the worst defense and offense in the first division. Last matches they lost in HC. In April Cork managed to beat them 5-1 on their ground. Can´t see things changing here, a win with two goals difference at least can be expected... besides this bet I´m thinking about UCD +1.25 @ 1.9 vs. Bohemians. UCD have had a good run now and Bohs don´t score too many at home, had a difficult match at Shamrock on Wednesday...maybe time for another upset (UCD win is around 9)???

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Dundalk -v- Derry. Very quick one on this game. Dundalk have nothing left to play for this season. Derry are still in the hunt for the league title. Dundalk are missing key players Mark Griffin, Stephen Maher, Colin Hawkins, Dean Bennett and Greg Bolger. Their manager is also suspended for this game. Derry to win @ 1.52 with betfair

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October Bohemians -v- UCD There is talk that Bohemians may play a slightly weaker team than usual, but regardless, this game could and should be a road too far for UCD. However, in the three previous meetings between the teams this season have seen Bohemians win 2-0 away, 1-0 at home, and lose 2-0 away. Tonight I expect that it will be another less than 2.5 goals game, and the odds are very favourable for such a scenario too. Remember, Bohemians are extremely reliable for low scoring games, and with their eyes on the FAI cup semi final in a week's time, they won't be looking adventurous tonight. So I recommend under 2.5 goals @ 2.24 odds with betfair.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October St Patricks Athletic -v Sligo Rovers St Pats chances of winning the league ended over the course of the last weekend. Last Friday night they drew 0-0 away to Bohs, and then they slipped up against UCD, losing 2-1. As a result their season in the league is over, and their attention changes to the cup. Sligo on the other hand are going for the league title, which they deserve in my opinion. They have been the best team this year, but they still have a hard run-in in order to achieve it. They are still in the cup too, but having won that last year, their focus is completely set upon winning a league they haven't won in almost 35 years. Furthermore St Pats are missing their two main strikers (Danny North and Daryl Kavanagh) and without these two instrumental players, they are very much weakened going forward. They are also missing Shane McFaul who is one of their two important central midfielders. There is a chance all three of these players will play, but Pete Mahon has indicated he isn't necessarily taking this game seriously and therefore I believe they will not feature, with a cup game coming up for St Pats next weekend. St Pats are trying to win the cup, having not won it for exactly 50 years. As a result, Sligo Rovers to win @ 2.2 with betfair is a great value bet.

Re: Irish Leagues & Cups - October 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Derry had a comfortable 2-0 win in the end over Dundalk, although they left it late to score their second. :ok St Pats scored a deflected goal to win 1-0. Nobody knows how it ended 1-0 though, as Sligo did everything but score. In the end St Pats actually put out a strong team, so my advice was bad. Still a surprise that St Pats won this game. :wall Finally a missed penalty in the final minute of stoppage time for Bohemians means that they win 2-0 and under 2.5 goals bet wins! :nana Hope some of you made some money tonight. ;)