** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Prem October 1

Shipsupstreets

Saturday 1 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Telford United v Hayes & Yeading (15:00 BST) 10/11 12/5 14/5 107.43 %
maximize.gif Braintree Town v Fleetwood Town (15:00 BST) 9/5 23/10 6/4 106.02 %
maximize.gif Darlington v Newport County (15:00 BST) 4/5 5/2 10/3 107.63 %
maximize.gif Forest Green Rovers v Mansfield Town (15:00 BST) 6/4 12/5 6/4 108.46 %
maximize.gif Gateshead v Tamworth (15:00 BST) 4/5 11/4 7/2 105.07 %
maximize.gif Grimsby Town v Alfreton Town (15:00 BST) 4/5 12/5 10/3 107.62 %
maximize.gif Kettering Town v Kidderminster Harriers (15:00 BST) 7/4 9/4 6/4 107.13 %
maximize.gif Lincoln City v Bath City (15:00 BST) 4/5 5/2 10/3 107.22 %
maximize.gif Luton Town v Barrow (15:00 BST) 4/9 10/3 6 106.61 %
maximize.gif Southport v Cambridge United (15:00 BST) 6/4 12/5 13/8 107.43 %
maximize.gif Stockport County v York City (15:00 BST) 6/4 23/10 7/4 106.67 %
maximize.gif Wrexham v Ebbsfleet United (15:00 BST) 8/13 11/4 4 107.44 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Prem October 1

Newport have sacked Anthony Hudson which seems a pretty shortsighted move.
I was thinking about this last night and what happened at Oxford sprung to mind as Hudson reminded me a bit of Darren Patterson and I was wondering if bringing someone else in might be the right move and less than 24 hours later he has gone. I think it was a tough one but clearly things werent right somewhere and after watching Newport at Ebbsfleet I did wonder actually if he was the right man for the job. It was interesting they gave Holdsworth more time but then I guess the pressure wasnt on so much as promotion was the aim this season and they are a long way from that at the moment. Im usually in favour of managers being given time but I think on balance this might have been the right decision.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Prem October 1 Some spreads for the weekend... The fall out at Kettering Town from the unsavoury game against Hayes is continuing, with about half the squad actively put on the transfer list. This could be related to finances, or it could be Stimson looking at his squad and starting to sweat. Either way, it's not a great context in which to be welcoming Kidderminster Harriers into town, a side who are scoring well on the road, with only defeats at Wrexham and Fleetwood upsetting a decent record. I've sold the time of the 2nd Kidderminster goal at 73 with Sporting. I also think Spreadex are a touch off in offering a supremacy quote of 0.4 Harriers over, which I have also taken. It's perfectly possible also to sell the Kettering mini-performance at 17 with Spreadex, as the lack of strikers at Kettering means they'll have less firepower than normal. I'm also keen on a riskier trade: a sell of Mansfield Town's 2nd goal at Forest Green, pegged at 76 with Sporting. That's too high, I think. The last three Mansfield away games would have produced a profit for selling at that mark - they are a progressive outfit on their travels. FGR aren't exactly falling apart, but they have been second best to Grimsby, Stockport and Braintree, and are best when keeping it tight. My argument is be that if Mansfield score early, they have the weapons to exploit a Forest Green side who have been disorganised when chasing a game - for that reason I'm also risking a novelty bet: buying Mansfield on the 'score 4 or more and win' index', which makes up 50 if they are winning having scored 4 at FT and another 25 in the unlikely event that they are winning having scord 4 at HT. Most likely they won't win by four at all, but the likely downside is small and the returns very decent. Finally, Lincoln City haven't scored two at home all season, but with Kyle Perry fit again, I think they might have enough for a Bath City side that have conceded two in the first hour three times in the last four away games. I've sold the time of the 2nd Lincoln City goal at 74 with Sporting. Both sides played midweek and both started their games strongly, though faded after conceding. This will necessarily be a cagey game, but the first goal will be crucial and my thinking is that if Lincoln get it they will go on to win the game handsomely.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Prem October 1 Braintree Town vs Fleetwood Town Before the start of the season I thought that Fleetwood Town will surely attack promotion and will dominate this Conference from the start to the end. They have been very good also last season, together with Luton Town, Crawley Town and Wrexham. I saw them not quite interesting in earning the promotion in the last part of the season and I felt them as not being ready for this step. Now they are for sure and the investments made are indicating this. They built a brand new stadium, Highbury, a jewell of 5633 places and got some good players in the summer: striker Jamie Vardy from Halifax Town (scored already 5 goals in 6 games), midfielder Scott Brown, 32 games for Morecambe last season in League Two, Edwards, top defender at Barrow, 43 games last season, defender Atkinson from Grimsby, 25 games last season and strikers Brodie from Crawley Town, 11 goals last season in 38 games and Andrew Mangan, top scorer of Wrexham last season with 16 goals in 44 games. But Fleetwood Town had already a very good striker, Magno Vieria, 22 goals last season and 4 so far in the actual. If the start of the season was not the greatest, with just 2 wins and just 3 goals scored in 6 games, Fleetwood managed to get soon 5 wins and 1 draw, with minimum 2 goals scored in every game, in total 19 goals scored in 6 games. Braintree is a team that surprised everyone! They are new promoted from the South Conference, winning the series and continuing here, in the Blue Square Premier, with a great series of winnings, having now 6 in a row. Manager Alan Devonshire is the one “to be blamed for that”. With a good midfield and good strikers, Braintree has the 3rd attack so far in the Blue Square Premier, with 23 goals scored, after … Fleetwood Town with 23 goals. Braintree is also having the second best defense, conceding just 10 goals so far. I do not think that Braintree will get the 7th win in a row. They surely have a great morale, but the master of the art in this Blue Square Premier is the Fleetwood Town team. At least this is what I see. Fleetwood has already a “flying high” experience from last season. They will come here to get the 3 points, to score at least one more than the opponents, as they always tried to do it. This game is one of laying Braintree but I will take the safest bet of this logic. away 0 AH @ 1.89 with Ladbrokes

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Prem October 1 Darlington v Newport County So Anthony Hudson was given the sack this week from Newport and on balance I think it was the correct decision. They have really under performed so far this season and it has been suggested that although he is a superb coach he isn’t a manager and from what I saw of him I think that is a very fair comment. Newport have been knocking on the door of getting that second win of the season and I am happy to continue backing them especially as they travel to a Darlington side who have only picked up two points in the last six games, one less than Saturday’s rivals. The home side lost 3-0 to Southport on Tuesday night and it’s hard to see why they are odds on to win this game given their woeful form. Newport are unbeaten in three and with Hudson gone it could be a fresh start for the Welsh and at 11/4 (Bet 365) I am more than happy to get involved again. Forest Green Rovers v Mansfield It was crucial for Mansfield to bounce back from losing 3-0 to Kidderminster last Saturday and they duly did with a 3-1 win at Wrexham on Tuesday. They still rate as the best team I have seen in this league so far this season and Paul Cox has got a really exciting squad who I think will continue to improve as the season goes on. I’ve written a fair bit about Forest Green this season and they still don’t impress me despite the fact they haven’t lost in three games. This is the stiffest test they have had for a while and Mansfield look cracking value to me at 8/5 with Blue Square. Grimsby v Alfreton Whilst I am writing this I’m watching Grimsby’s game against Kidderminster from Tuesday night and I thought Grimsby played well in what was a decent game and they deserved to pick up a point. They lost to Wrexham on Saturday but they were undone by two cracking goals and I don’t think they performed badly by any means. They have improved from a very poor start to the season and crucially for me they are beating the weaker sides in the division and of course Alfreton are the weakest of them all as they are bottom at the moment. Alfreton have had a very tough time since promotion to the BSP and although they have improved a little of late, I am pretty certain Grimsby should have enough to beat them and I think there is value in the 10/11 with Coral. Kettering v Kidderminster I am also happy to back Grimsby’s opponents from Tuesday night as they go to a depleted Kettering side. The home side ended up with nine-players on the pitch after Jean-Paul Marna and Moses Ashikodi had a fight with each other after an argument on who should take a penalty. Both players miss Saturday’s game which is a big loss and Mark Stimson has decided to put 11 players, including those two, on the transfer list which suggests he isn’t happy with the squad he has inherited. Although they have won twice under Stimson, performances have not improved at all and I think it will take some time before he is able to improve the team. As I mentioned above Kidderminster were part of a cracking game against Grimsby on Tuesday night and they have got a decent record on the road this season with only losses at Fleetwood and Wrexham. It would be disappointing if they didn’t win here and I think they should be odds on so Stan James’ 23/20 appeals. Luton v Barrow Finally in the BSP this weekend I am going to continue to oppose Luton. Barrow have probably suffered even more from injuries than their hosts but they have coped better on the whole with some impressive victories this term. As I have said before you never really know what you are going to get from a Barrow side but they are very backable when they are a huge price in games like this. Barrow have a history of upsetting the bigger sides in the division and have already beaten Wrexham and Fleetwood this season, so given Luton’s continuing problems I am happy to back Barrow at 5/1 in the draw no bet market with Bet 365

Braintree Town vs Fleetwood Town Before the start of the season I thought that Fleetwood Town will surely attack promotion and will dominate this Conference from the start to the end. They have been very good also last season, together with Luton Town, Crawley Town and Wrexham. I saw them not quite interesting in earning the promotion in the last part of the season and I felt them as not being ready for this step. Now they are for sure and the investments made are indicating this. They built a brand new stadium, Highbury, a jewell of 5633 places and got some good players in the summer: striker Jamie Vardy from Halifax Town (scored already 5 goals in 6 games), midfielder Scott Brown, 32 games for Morecambe last season in League Two, Edwards, top defender at Barrow, 43 games last season, defender Atkinson from Grimsby, 25 games last season and strikers Brodie from Crawley Town, 11 goals last season in 38 games and Andrew Mangan, top scorer of Wrexham last season with 16 goals in 44 games. But Fleetwood Town had already a very good striker, Magno Vieria, 22 goals last season and 4 so far in the actual. If the start of the season was not the greatest, with just 2 wins and just 3 goals scored in 6 games, Fleetwood managed to get soon 5 wins and 1 draw, with minimum 2 goals scored in every game, in total 19 goals scored in 6 games. Braintree is a team that surprised everyone! They are new promoted from the South Conference, winning the series and continuing here, in the Blue Square Premier, with a great series of winnings, having now 6 in a row. Manager Alan Devonshire is the one “to be blamed for that”. With a good midfield and good strikers, Braintree has the 3rd attack so far in the Blue Square Premier, with 23 goals scored, after … Fleetwood Town with 23 goals. Braintree is also having the second best defense, conceding just 10 goals so far. I do not think that Braintree will get the 7th win in a row. They surely have a great morale, but the master of the art in this Blue Square Premier is the Fleetwood Town team. At least this is what I see. Fleetwood has already a “flying high” experience from last season. They will come here to get the 3 points, to score at least one more than the opponents, as they always tried to do it. This game is one of laying Braintree but I will take the safest bet of this logic. away 0 AH @ 1.89 with Ladbrokes
I am going the opposite way here, which may mean I should swerve completely! I accept that Fleetwood score plenty but they are coming up against a mean defence who don't let in many. Tie in the fact that Fleetwood do ship goals and, at the prices, I pick the outsider, especially as they are at home and full of confidence. Over 2/1 with bet365

I am going the opposite way here, which may mean I should swerve completely! I accept that Fleetwood score plenty but they are coming up against a mean defence who don't let in many. Tie in the fact that Fleetwood do ship goals and, at the prices, I pick the outsider, especially as they are at home and full of confidence. Over 2/1 with bet365
I respect your opinion! Anyway, a draw is very possible.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Prem October 1 Mixed day on the spreads, with Mansfield's and Kidderminster's second goals making up 90, and the Mansfield score 4 trade failing, but the time of the 2nd Lincoln goal made up 30 and the Kidderminster supremacy also brought enough in mean I finished in the black. Good calls by sportxtipster on Fleetwood, and by addpea on Kidderminster and Grimsby.