Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - September 26-October 3

The men are in Asia this week, with indoor hard tournament in Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. The lassies tootle off to Tokyo for an event on an outdoor hard court. Good luck for the week chaps :ok

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3

Sport Tennis
Event Pauline Parmentier - Julia Goerges
Selection Pauline Parmentier
Strength 2/10
Date 26/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.36
Reasoning I think that Pauline Parmentier can beat Julia Georges. Why? She leads 2-1 in head-to-head series so in my opinion it will be very difficult match for Julia Georges who doesn't like play against Parmentier. They played one match on hardcourt - 4 years ago and Pauline won in three sets. Julia Georges is a very good player. She has nice service. His forehand is really good but she is without big shape. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez defeated her in the last tournament in quarterfinal. Pauline Parmentier can play great - for example she won against Daniela Hantuchova in the first round at US Open. It was big surprise. Odd is very good at pinnacle sports!
Sport Tennis
Event Urszula Radwanska - Klara Zakopalova
Selection Urszula Radwanska
Strength 4/10
Date 26/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.10
Reasoning In my opinion Urszula Radwanska should be a favorite in this match. They played four times and Urszula Radwanska won two matches. The last match they played on hardcourt at WTA Indian Wells 6 months ago and Urszula Radwanska won after three sets. The match lasted 119 minutes. You have to know that Radwanska had a big advantage. She won 15 points more rhan Klara Zakopalova. Klara showed really nice tennis in the last tournament at WTA Seoul. She won three matches. Urszula is in very good shape, too. She played in the semifinal at WTA Tashkent and in the quarterfinal at WTA Guangzhou. I see close match here but I think Radwanska will win. She is dangerous player on this surface, I give her more chances.
Sport Tennis
Event Tamarine Tanasugarn - Maria Sharapova
Selection Tamarine Tanasugarn
Strength 1/10
Date 26/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 15.00
Reasoning Everyone knows that Maria Sharapova should be a favorite in this match but odd like 15.00 at pinnacle sports is too high for me. Maria Sharapova leads 5-0 in head-to-head series so she can destroy her opponent but she often has problems with weak players. Maria Sharapova played here in the last year and lost in the first round against Kimiko Date Krumm -odd for Maria Sharapova's win was 1.12. She lost in the first round in the last year so she does not need to defend many points. Tamarine Tanasugarn defeated Petra Cetkovska in the last match. Her service looks very nice - Petra had 1 break point. It is not important tournament for Sharapova so I think she can lose.
Sport Tennis
Event Gisela Dulko - Tsvetana Pironkova
Selection Gisela Dulko -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 3/10
Date 26/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.50
Reasoning In my opinion Gisela Dulko will defeat Tsvetana Pironkova in two sets. She leads 2-0 in head-to-head series. They played two times and Gisela Dulko won both matches 2-0. Tsvetana Pironkova had no chances. They played on clay, this match they will play on hardcourt but Dulko feels very nice on this surface. Gisela won Australian Open 2011 in doubles. Tsvetana Pironkova likes play on grass, on clay but on hardcourt she is nod dangerous player. His backhand is really weak. Gisela Dulko likes play against her so I think she will win in two sets. Odd at bwin is nice, for example at expekt is 2.35.
Sport Tennis
Event Illya Marchenko - Marco Chiudinelli
Selection Marco Chiudinelli
Strength 3/10
Date 26/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85
Reasoning Bangkok ATP, qualifying. In my opinion Marco Chiudinelli will beat Illya Marchenko. Marco Chiudinelli leads 1-0 in head-to-head. They played on hardcourt 2 years ago and Marco Chiudinelli won in three sets. The match lasted 147 minutes. Illya Marchenko will be difficult opponent but Marco Chiudinelli showed really nice tennis in the last match. The match lasted 33 minutes (Moser ret. in the second set). Illya Marchenko defeated Dane Chuntraruk but Dane won first set. Marchenko lost against Tsung-Hua Yang at Tashkent challenger. He is without big shape so odd like 1.85 for Marco Chiudinelli's win is good for me.

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Going to make a conscious effort to get back into the swing of things this week. Got a couple of outrights to kick off proceedings. - Gael Monfils to win Bangkok each way @ 5/1 with Betfred (EW 1/2, 1,2) small stake I know what you're saying. "Monfils is a clown" etc. Well, quite often he is, but I reckon he's got a bit of a chance in the Thai capital. He's got a game that's suited for indoor hard. His big serve often works well in the conditions and he's adept off both wings. He also has the dexterity to get to the quick, hard shots that come off this surface. In short, his defences are akin to this surface. His record, to be fair, is pretty good indoors, and he's one of the more classier, if frustrating, opponents. I like his draw. Along the way to the final, he'll have to dispose of either Dudi Sela or Sanit Giraldo in R2, probably Jarkko Nieminen or Robin Haase in the quarters and one of Guile Garcia-Lopez or Tobias Kamke in the semis. It's not a tough route for him. Haase or Nieminen could cause issues, but in truth, that should be his hardest match. With the more dangerous players in the top half of the draw, including Andy Murray, he's got a live chance. I'm not sure Murray will even make it that far, but that's a totally different point. He's the only man I think who is capable of beating him when on form, and if he's not there, it'll be someone like Ivan Dodig or Gilles Simon. Both are beatable. Monfils is by no means a cert, but at 5/1 he's generously priced for an indoor hard event. We'll know soon enough if head isn't right in Bangkok but I'm happy to play a small amount of cash that it will be. - Viktor Troicki to win Kuala Lumpur each way @ 5/1 with Betfred (EW 1/2, 1,2) small stake A little like Monfils, there are dangers in backing Troicki for the title, but at 5/1, there ought to be! Troicki has had one of his best year's on the Tour. He's kicked on from the Davis Cup win of 2010 and was impervious in most of the indoor events, coming a cropper against the big players. He has a massive serve and is good off the deck, and looks comfortable when on quick surfaces. On his day, he's in the top 10 indoor players on the Tour. The caveat is that his day hasn't come round for a while now. He was very disappointing on Davis Cup duty last week, losing to David Nalbandian, and his US hard court series was disgusting, crashing out early in most events. In saying that, he's never really been one of the outdoor events. Indoors has been his beef and he has a draw capable of getting him far. The precocious yet highly temperamental Denis Istomin lies in wait in R2, and then it's probably Dmitry Tursunov (more about him later - Troicki has a 3-0 H2H record against him). Jurgen Melzer and Marcos Baghdatis are likely semi-final foes before a final against one of Janko Tipsarevic, Nikolay Davydenko or perhaps Nicolas Almagro. He might have some issues with those players but on his day, he's too strong for all the aforementioned men indoors. I freely admit that this bet does hinge on him finding some form, but 5/1 for a player I see making the final in a field that is average indoors does looks good value. I did have doubts about whether I should be taking him in this sphere, but like Monfils, the talent and ability is there to at least make the final. Indoors tends to bring the best out of him, so we'll take a chance, with small odds again.

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 One handicap bet for me as well ... - Dmitry Tursunov -4 games AH (v Paul Capdeville) @ 1.917 with Pinnacle medium stake I think everything in this match points to a fairly routine win for Tursunov in Kuala Lumpur. The Russian leads the H2H 3-0, with every win covering this handicap, all on a hard court. Admittedly, the last meeting was back in 2008, when Tursunov was higher ranked, but neither man has made giant strides in terms of ability since then. Tursunov is a very powerful player, with a big serve and a tremendous forehand that hits through weak defences. Capdeville, a Chilean who very rarely strays off the clay, isn't imbued with a good defence nor a serious weapon. He's handy enough on serve but often goes walkabout off that wing. I think Capdeville will feel a little uncomfortable in the quicker conditions in KL. It's not what he's used to, up against a player who more than capable of battering through him. The form book suggests Tursunov has had his number before too. Statistically, everything points to a straightforward win for the Russian. It's not as simple as that, but I find the handicap well in range (I was looking fot -4.5 games) and the research ticks all the boxes.

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Hi Guys!! im going to have a go at Kamke, he is playing Andujar. Andujar today lost the final in Romania. He might be tired and jet lagged for his round one match in Bangkok, apart from the fact that he is mainly a clay courter. On the other hand Kamke isnt playing great tennis lately, and he is coming from two first round losses! but i believe he can win, and going for a modest 8/10 stake at bet365 for 1.80. i like also the looks of Tomic and Kukushkin. might do a write up about that if i decide to pull the trigger. happy tennis and good luck !!

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Sport Tennis Event Giraldo - Sela Selection Giraldo -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 26/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.96 Reasoning Giraldo is clear favourite of this match for me. Bangkok surface is one of the slowest Indoor Hard surface in ATP tour, propably the slowest. This is big advantage for Santiago. Giraldo is better player from the baseline, more consistent. Sela weapon is serve, but on the slow hard court this is not big advantag and I see many break points for Giraldo. Comfortable win for Colombian Sport Tennis Event Zhang - Gabashvili Selection Zhang Strength 10/10 Date 26/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.00 Reasoning I play on the Zhang in this match, too high odds. Zhang is very motivated to play first ATP main draw in career, big chance for him. In first two matches in Q won in straight sets, yesterday played against not bad , world 175 Sugita and won 6-3, 6-4. Zhang serving very good. Gabashvili is top seed in Q and for this guy this is not very important match, if lose take lucky loser sport because have the best position in Q. Gabashvili many times losing in final rounds of Q, why not today?

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Sport Tennis Event Ledovskikh - Devarman Selection Ledovskikh Strength 10/10 Date 27/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.25 Reasoning Ledovskikh is very value bet. This match is play on the Kuala Lumpur indoor hard court with very fast surface. Ledovskikh is player with huge serve -in three matches in Q for the main draw made 36 aces!!! Won average over 80% points after first serve. Must feel very confident and don't have nothing to lose. Devvarman hate this surface, have negative record on indoor hard - 7:8. Russian server can take win Sport Tennis Event Thiem - Nieminen Selection Thiem +1.5 sets Strength 10/10 Date 27/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.10 Reasoning from Jarkko Nieminen blog ''During the flight here I started to feel that I'm getting sick and when I landed here, I felt awful. I had fever, a very sore throat and a huge headache. I'm feeling better now, luckily I'll play my first match on Tuesday so I get to practice before that. My first two days here I didn't step outside my room. This is fifth time that I get sick during the last 12 months, that's not normal. I have tried to get my immune system stronger but obviously it hasn't worked well. I have to see a doctor again when I come back from this trip. To get sick that often is not good for anyone but especially when your profession is an athlete, it has a big negative affect to your performance. At least you always lose practice-, rest- or competition days. I have often gotten sick during the spring time (in Europe) because my allergy and asthma (those I have had since I was a little kid) often take down my immune system during that time but I have never been sick this often. I'm happy that I haven't got injured more but you still don't need any viruses/bacteria to disturb your plans. Hopefully I can stay healthy for the rest of the season. First just to get ready for my match here.'' I based on this post and I see more chances for Thiem to take one set than odds suggest.

Sport Tennis
Event Petra Kvitova - Vania King
Selection Petra Kvitova -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 3/10
Date 28/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.95
Reasoning I think Petra Kvitova will beat Vania King in two sets. Everyone knows that Petra Kvitova is a young, fantastic tennis player. She won Wimbledon in this year. She has powerfull service. Her forehand is really strong, too. Vania King's service is not strong, I see many break points for Kvitova. Petra plays left-handed, she will be very difficult opponent for Vania. She likes play aggressively. Kvitova leads 1-0 in head-to-head series. They played at French Open this year and Petra won 6-4 6-2. Kvitova showed nice tennis in the last match so I think she can beat King in two sets.
Sport Tennis
Event Agnieszka Radwanska - Jelena Jankovic
Selection Agnieszka Radwanska
Strength 2/10
Date 28/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.80
Reasoning Agnieszka Radwanska is a favorite in this match but I'm sure that it will be very difficult match for her. Jelena Jankovic likes play on hardcourt. She leads 1-0 in head-to-head series. Jelena Jankovic's service is not strong but she plays great in rallies. Radwanska had problems in the last match. She lost first set against Angelique Kerber but Kerber is playing fantastic lately. Agnieszka's service looks nice. Jankovic played against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova in the last match and Barbora had 6 break points. Jelena is without big shape. She played in the final here in 2009 so she is dangerous opponent but in my opinion Radwanska will beat her.
Sport Tennis
Event Ana Ivanovic - Maria Kirilenko
Selection Maria Kirilenko
Strength 2/10
Date 28/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.16
Reasoning Ana Ivanovic is a favorite because she leads 3-1 in head-to-head series but in my opinion Maria Kirilenko can defeat her. They played three times on hardcourt, one match on carpet. You have to know that they played at WTA Tokyo 5 years ago and Maria won in two sets 6-4 6-4. The last match they played 4 years ago. Then Ana Ivanovic was playing really good. Maria Kirilenko is in great shape. She played in the semifinal at WTA Guangzhou. She destroyed Erika Sema in the first round 6-1 6-0. She won against Stosur in the last match! Stosur won US Open series (defeated Serena Williams in the final!). Ana Ivanovic defeated Robson in the last match but Laura had many break points. Ana's service looks weakly. Odd at pinnacle sports is good.
Sport Tennis
Event Bernard Tomic - Flavio Cipolla
Selection Bernard Tomic -1.5 sets
Strength 2/10
Date 28/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.80
Reasoning Bernard Tomic is a young, talented tennis player. His service is really strong. Tomis possesses nice forehand, too. In my opinion Flavia Cipolla is a weak player. Cipolla's favourite surface is clay so I think he will have problems in this match. Bernard Tomic can play great. He played in the quarterfinal at Wimbledon (lost against Novak Djokovic after four sets!). He defeated Stanislaw Wawrinka in the Davis Cup two weaks ago. It is not important tournament for both players so stake should be low. Bernard Tomic likes play on hardcourt. Flavio Cipolla prefers clay-courts. I have to say that odd like 1.80 at sportingbet is nice.
Sport Tennis
Event Victoria Azarenka - Klara Zakopalova
Selection Klara Zakopalova +6.5 games (Asian-handicap)
Strength 4/10
Date 28/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.90
Reasoning Victoria Azarenka is a big favorite in this match but I think that Klara Zakopalova will win more than 6 games. Victoria Azarenka leads 2-0 in head-to-head series but they played the last match 3 years ago. Klara Zakopalova is in good shape. She played in the quarterfinal at WTA Seoul - defeated many good rivals like Morita, Begu, Vania King. She has defeated two good players in this tournament - Urszula Radwanska in the first round and Shahar Peer in the second. She feels very nice here. Azarenka won against Begu in the first match but Irina had 9 break points. Victoria's service looks weakly. I think handicap +6.5 games for Klara Zakopalova is nice option in this match.

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Sport Tennis Event Kanepi - Wozniacki Selection Over 19 Strength 10/10 Date 28/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 Reasoning I put my money on the over 19 games, if match end with exactly 19 games bet is void. Kanepi played two times against Wozniacki(one time here, in Tokyo) and two times losing in three sets. Kanepi in this tournament play very good tennis, won in three sets against Pennetta and in two against Vandeweghe. In two matches been very strong on the serve. Wozniacki played against Gajdosova yesterday and won in three sets, sometimes been very shaky. Kaia can play close match Sport Tennis Event Nieminen - Haase Selection Over 22 Strength 10/10 Date 28/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90 Reasoning I put my money on the Over 22 games, if match end with exactly 22 games bet is void. Two players on the similar level in my opinion - Robin Haase is world number 42, Nieminen is only 8 position less in rank. Both are big servers and both feel good on the Indoor Hard surface. Haase in first round played against no-name Wachiramanonowong and won 6-3, 7-6. Nieminen played against very gofted young Thiem and won in three sets. Both serving very well, three sets I see in this game. Sport Tennis Event Tursunov - Goffin Selection Over 21.5 Strength 10/10 Date 28/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.00 Reasoning I put my money on Over 21.5 games. Three sets are possible here. Dimitry Tursunov is favourite of this match, no doubts, but I watched him in first round and don't show nothing special. Played against claycouter Capdeville - won 6-2, 2-6, 6-1. Won only 59% balls on the serve, not good. Goffin is young gifted big server from Belgium, take wild card here, in first round beat Ebden in two close sets, don't have nothing to lose. In first match concended only one serve game. Tursunov in three sets - this is my prediction Sport Tennis Event Azarenka - Zakopalova Selection Under 18.5 Strength 10/10 Date 28/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 Reasoning I put my money on under 18.5 games here. Azarenka played two times in career against Zakopalova, two times take comfortable wins - 6:3, 6:2 on clay, 6:2, 6:1 on hard court. Azarenka in first round here played against gifted Begu won 6:1, 6:3. Played very good tennis on the return and saved all break points. In this form can beat easily Zakopalova. Klara won in three long sets against U.Radwanska and beat Peer in straight sets. Klara serve is bad and not feel the best on the hard courts. Azarenka take it in straight sets Sport Tennis Event Giraldo - Monfils Selection Giraldo +5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 28/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.85 Reasoning I put my money on Giraldo with asian handicap +5. Santiago Giraldo is very good player in my opinion, very good from the baseline and dangerous on the serve. In first match played against Dudi Sela and won without any problems 6-2, 6-3. Santiago in this match lost only 14 balls on the serve, 7 aces. For Monfils this is first match since US Open and can have troubles - don't have court practise and matches rhytm. Giraldo can play two close sets Sport Tennis Event Istomin - Matosevic Selection Over 20.5 Strength 10/10 Date 28/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.90 Reasoning I put my money on over 20.5 games in this match. Istomin in last weekes is in very hot form, title in Istanbul on hard court, in last weekend won title at home in Tashkent. Istomin in this tournament been unbreakable. Must feel very confident. Marinko Matosevic is big server from Australia, played in Q here, won two matches, in final game against Ram won 6:3, 6:4 and lost only 10 balls on the serve, can hold serve games. Istomin in two very close sets Sport Tennis Event Sharapova - Goerges Selection Over 19.5 Strength 10/10 Date 28/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 Reasoning I put my money on over 19.5 games here. Sharapova played two times in career against Goerges, both matches end with minimum 20 games. In this year at hard court in AO Sharapova won after three close sets. Goerges is in very good form, beat Parmantier 6-3, 6-4 and Arn 6-2, 6-1(negative h2h before match). Sharapova in first match played against Tanasugarn and match end with exactly 20 games, 6-2, 7-5. Sharapova in two close sets

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Tursunov did the business for me on Monday to get the tennis week off to a good start. Will get involved with a bet again today. - Bernard Tomic -4 games (v Flavio Cipolla) @ 1.92 with 188bet small stakes Time will tell whether Tomic really is as good as the hype suggests, but one thing I'm pretty sure about is that this teenager is a few notches above Cipolla on the talent ladder. We saw what Tomic is all about at Wimbledon when he got to the quarters and took a set off Novak Djokovic. He's one of the brightest talents in the game. He has most of the shots needed to be competitive and like all young players, it's just a question of putting it all together. His opponent, Cipolla, is really a journeyman clay courter who, for me, is a little out of his depth at this level. Technically he's a decent ball-striker, but his shots lack power and on a quicker surface, he's more liable to make mistakes. Furthermore, his serve is average at best, and Tomic should be able to get a good read on it. Tomic's forte is sparring from the back of the court and I don't think he'll be fazed by taking the Italian into a long rally. He's more likely to stay firm and hit winners from the back of the court than his opponent, and he has a bigger serve. He also will be more comfortable indoors than the Italian. All things considered, the -4 line looks generously priced. In some places, the line is -4.5 - a true reflection of what it should be, in my opinion. I don't think Tomic should have too many issues in this one.

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Napoli challenger double: Giannessi (vs Crugnola) x Volandri (vs Pashanski) @1.82 local bookie Both Giannessi and Volandri appeared in great form last week on the last ATP clay tournament in Bucharest. They both moved to Napoli challenger (clay), where Gianessi rolled in round 1, and Pippo Volandri won pretty tight match against Lojda. But #301 Pashanski - the next Pippo's opponent - won thanks to the retirement and did not show any extra skills, so I expect Volandri will dispose him easily. Lefty Giannessi is in the form of his life, beating Montanes and Gil last week, and I trust him to take care of the average #285 Crugnola, who is 28 yrs (Giannessi is 21) without much troubles.

Sport Tennis
Event Lukasz Kubot - Nikolay Davydenko
Selection Lukasz Kubot
Strength 2/10
Date 29/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.25
Reasoning Nikolay Davydenko is a favorite in this match but I think that Kubot can beat him. Lukasz showed really nice tennis in the last match against Rosol - won without any problems. Lukas Rosol won 1 break points, Kubot saved 4 break points. Kubot's first service looks very good. He is very dangerous player on hardcourt - he possesses strong service and plays style service&volley. I see many chances for Kubot to break Davydenko's service. Nikolay played against Harrison in the last match and Ryan had 12 break points. Davydenko leads 1-0 in head-to-head series but they played 5 years ago. Nikolay is without big shape so I think Lukas Kubot can defeat him.
Sport Tennis
Event Victoria Azarenka - Marion Bartoli
Selection Marion Bartoli
Strength 2/10
Date 29/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.58
Reasoning I think that Marion Bartoli will beat Azarenka. Victoria leads 6-1 in head-to-head series so she is a difficult opponent for Bartoli but the last match between these players won Bartoli. Victoria can play great but she is without big shape. She won two matches 2-0 but had problems. Her service looks very weakly. Zakopalova had 11 break points, Azarenka made 12 double faults. Marion Bartoli can play offensively - in my opinion that is the best way to beat Azarenka. I must admit that odd like 3.58 at pinnacle is very nice and I see value here.
Sport Tennis
Event Petra Kvitova - Maria Sharapova
Selection Petra Kvitova
Strength 2/10
Date 29/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 2.30
Reasoning Maria Sharapova is a favorite but the last match between these players won Petra Kvitova. Do you remember? She defeated Maria in the final at Wimbledon this year. Sharapova won against Julia Georges in the last match but had big problems. Maria won after two tie-breaks. Julia Georges had more break points - 11 but Sharapova saved 6. Maria had problems with second service - 11 double faults, won 4 points after second serve. Petra Kvitova looks very nice at WTA Tokyo. She saved all break points. Her service looks great! Maria doesn't like play against Petra and it will be difficult match for her. Petra is left-handed, possesses powerfull service.
Sport Tennis
Event Philipp Petzschner - Kei Nishikori
Selection Philipp Petzschner
Strength 4/10
Date 29/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.83
Reasoning Philipp Petzschner plays better in doubles but everyone knows that in singles he is dangerous player, too. He possesses really strong service so he likes play on hardcourt. Kei Nishikori's service is not as strong as Petzschner but Kei plays very good in rallies. Kei Nishikori had big problems in the last match against Teymuraz Gabashvili - he lost first set. Gabashvili had many break points - 11. Petzschner will be very difficult opponent for him. I don't see many break points for Kei in this match. Philipp has powerfull service. His forehand is really good, too. Nishikori is without big shape. You have to know that he had health problems at US Open. Odd at sportingbet is good.

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Sport Tennis Event GGL - Young Selection GGL -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 29/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.38 Reasoning What a crazy prize on the GGL win 2-0, LOL. Reasons: - GGL is higher in ATP rank, 35 position.. - GGL have more experience on Indoor Haard surface - GGL defending title in this tournament, in last year here beat Rafael Nadal.. Many points to defend. - Young is big favourite, why? Because beat Andreev after Igor retiretment. Fair odds here - maximum 3.00 Sport Tennis Event Giraldo - Monfils Selection Giraldo Strength 10/10 Date 29/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 4.25 Reasoning I see big value in this odds. For Giraldo this is very important tournament, big chance to make good result here and make points to ranking. Giraldo in first round match show very nice tennis against Sela, won 6:2, 6:3. Won over 70% balls on the serve. For Monfils this is only small tournament.. not defending points here. In next weekend defending Final in Tokyo. Motivation not must be high here. Maybe tank? I can image it Sport Tennis Event Berrer-Murray Selection Berrer +1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 29/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.70 Reasoning Value odds. Berrer the best surface is Indoor Hard, this guy made the best results on that. In this year been in Final at Zagreb courts. Serve and volley style working very good. In first round played good tennis. Murray not defending points here, in next week defending QF from last year in bigger tournament. Maybe Andy take this match, but can lost one set. Too big odds. Sport Tennis Event Petzschner - Nishikori Selection Petzschner -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 29/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.88 Reasoning In this bet I based only level on tennis from first rounds.. Petzschner played against Zverev, who feel the best on the Indoor Hard surface. Phillip been very strong on the serve, very good on the net. Hitting balls really clean. Nishikori beat Gabashvili in three sets, but can lost this match in two. Gaba leading with a break in second. Nishikori been incosistent, too many errors from the baseline. Worse serve than Petzschner. Sport Tennis Event Kirilenko - Zvonareva Selection Kirilenko Strength 10/10 Date 29/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.90 Reasoning Maria Kirilenko to win in this match. Very good odds. Kirilenko for me is title candidate here, 6:1, 6:0 against local player Sema, next beat US Open champion Stosur in three sets(leading with break in second) and yesterday trashed Ana Ivanovic, what can I say more? Zvonareva have easier draw and this is first hard opponent for Vera in this tournament. I see troubles. H2H is 0-5 for Vera, but.. Every streak must go to end. TODAY Sport Tennis Event Bolelli - Dimitrov Selection Bolelli Strength 10/10 Date 29/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.00 Reasoning Value odds. Bolelli is former players from the best 50 of ATP. This tournament is big chance for him to make good result. Won Q and in first round beat stronger opponent than Dimitrov - Ernests Gulbis, after two tie breaks. Simone been good on the serve and from the baseline. Dimitrov in first round beat close friend - Ivan Dodig, in two sets, but don't show nothing special, in my opinion this is not huge favourite of this match

Sport Tennis
Event Nicolas Almagro - Kei Nishikori
Selection Nicolas Almagro
Strength 2/10
Date 30/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.70
Reasoning Nicolas Almagro defeated Albert Ramos in the last match. He showed really nice tennis - great service, fantastic forenhand, backhand too. Almagro's first service is really strong. Kei played against Philipp Petzschner and had big problems. He won in three sets. The match lasted 139 minutes. Philipp Petzschner had 7 break points and won 4 so Nishikori's service is not powerfull. In my opinion Kei Nishikori will have problems because Nicolas's serve is really hard to break. I don't see many break points for him. Almagro played great in rallies in the last match against Ramos. He looks very nice here so I think he will beat Nishikori.
Sport Tennis
Event Janko Tipsarevic - Nikolay Davydenko
Selection Janko Tipsarevic
Strength 2/10
Date 30/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.70
Reasoning Janko Tipsarevic is a favorite and he should beat Nikolay Davydenko. Tipsarevic had health problems but he is in fantastic shape. He destroyed Cipolla in the last match. Flavio had 1 break point but Tipsa saved it. Janko Tipsarevic's service looks very nice. He plays great in rallies. Nikolay will have some problems. Davydenko leads 2-0 in head-to-head series but the last match they played 3 years ago. Nikolay is without big shape. He played against Lukas Kubot in the last match. Kubot had 3 break points and won all. Tipsarevic had health problems so I propose a low stake.
Sport Tennis
Event Vera Zvonareva - Petra Kvitova
Selection Vera Zvonareva -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 2/10
Date 30/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 2.65
Reasoning Petra Kvitova is a young, very talented player. She possesses powerfull service and forehand. She will be difficult opponent for Vera Zvonareva but in my opinion Vera can win this match in two sets. They played four times and Kvitova won 2 matches. You have to know that they played two times on hardcourt and both matches won Vera. What is more, she destroyed Kvitova twice. She won 6-2 6-4 at Australian Open this year. The match lasted 75 minutes and Kvitova had no chances. Vera looks very nice here. Her first service is fantastic. Petra doesn't like play against Zvonareva on this surface so I think Vera will win in two sets. Odd at betsson is good.

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Great work here 'Crack'... Unfortunately for myself, I followed Tomic and Petzschner as well. I'll give Almagro ago as he looked good today. 3rd time lucky!

Sport Tennis
Event Almagro N. - Nishikori K.
Selection Nishikori K.
Strength 10/10
Date 30/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.50
Reasoning Almagro as Sapniard is a typical claycourter he played 41 matches on that kind of surface so far this season, so I can't see him as a big favourite on fast surface like that in Malaysia. Nishikori prefers most hard court, his big success in the past is on that kind of surface. These two never played before so I think Nishikori may be surpirse of the day his recent results are very good in close time.

Great work here 'Crack'... Unfortunately for myself, I followed Tomic and Petzschner as well. I'll give Almagro ago as he looked good today. 3rd time lucky!
Welll, actually, with Almagro and Tipsarevic matches still pending, Crack is fantastic -0.39 units so far this week :-) edit: I checked it again and it seems that the Kvitova-Sharapova bet was void under BetClick conditions, so actually this should have been -1.69 u instead of -0.39 :-) edit2: With Almagro and Tipsarevic matches over, the Crack's score now reads as -1.99 u in this thread

Napoli challenger double: Giannessi (vs Crugnola) x Volandri (vs Pashanski) @1.82 local bookie WIN
This was IMO easy money. Giannessi had somewhat slow start against Crugnola, but after he woke up, he crushed him easily. edit: Murray vs Dimitrov over 19.5 games @evens local bookie Dimitrov has powerful service game which is very hard to break. Andy complained earlier in the tournament that he is not 100% ready, and 64 62 against Berrer, which is not in his best these days, tells alot. I would rate Dimitrov much higher than Berrer now, and unless Andy just folds and loses 36 46, which would be rather bitter bet loss, this selection should come through without problems. GL :hope

SportTennis
EventAlmagro N. - Nishikori K.
SelectionNishikori K.
Strength10/10
Date30/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price5Dimes @ 2.50
ReasoningAlmagro as Sapniard is a typical claycourter he played 41 matches on that kind of surface so far this season, so I can't see him as a big favourite on fast surface like that in Malaysia. Nishikori prefers most hard court, his big success in the past is on that kind of surface. These two never played before so I think Nishikori may be surpirse of the day his recent results are very good in close time.
Great shout Totse, had a good wee lift of this. Slow start but once Nishikori got ahead there was no looking back. Well done m8! :ok

Re: Tennis - September 26-October 3 Alessandro Giannessi to beat Adrian Ungur. 2.04 @ Bwin The young Italian is in the form of his life at the moment, backing up a 1/4 final appearance in Bucharest last week with a semi-final in this week's challenger in Napoli. He had good wins against Montanes and Gil, before losing to Andujar, although he should have taken a set against the eventual finalist. Ungur had an excellent win in three sets today against Carlos Berlocq and has also been in good form recently, winning in Manerbio last month and reaching the semi-finals in Brasov earlier this month. However, his wins have been coming against lower quality opponents than this. Personally, I would have Giannessi as a slight favourite, so happy to take him here.