** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27

Shipsupstreets

Tuesday 27 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Telford United v Alfreton Town (19:45 BST) 11/10 5/2 11/4 102.86 %
maximize.gif Barrow v Lincoln City (19:45 BST) 11/8 12/5 9/5 107.23 %
maximize.gif Braintree Town v Tamworth (19:45 BST) 10/11 5/2 14/5 107.27 %
maximize.gif Darlington v Southport (19:45 BST) 5/6 13/5 3 107.32 %
maximize.gif Ebbsfleet United v Bath City (19:45 BST) 11/10 12/5 5/2 105.18 %
maximize.gif Forest Green Rovers v Newport County (19:45 BST) 5/4 5/2 11/4 99.68 %
maximize.gif Gateshead v York City (19:45 BST) 13/8 23/10 6/4 107.77 %
maximize.gif Kettering Town v Hayes & Yeading (19:45 BST) 1/1 5/2 13/5 105.97 %
maximize.gif Kidderminster Harriers v Grimsby Town (19:45 BST) 17/20 5/2 3 107.63 %
maximize.gif Luton Town v Cambridge United (19:45 BST) 3/5 14/5 5 105.88 %
maximize.gif Stockport County v Fleetwood Town (19:45 BST) 7/4 23/10 15/8 101.45 %
maximize.gif Wrexham v Mansfield Town (19:45 BST) 21/20 12/5 14/5 104.08 %

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Nothing to heavy from me this mid week but I am going to have a couple of small plays. Forest Green v Newport Newport's performances have begun to improve and they were unfortunate not to get a vital three points against Barrow on Saturday. They have the quality in the team that once they get a bit of luck and gain that win I think they will kick on. This game offers a good chance for me to gain that win. FGR's form really doesnt amount to an awful lot and their home form has been poor. I think at 12/5 with Coral Newport offer a bit of value here. Luton v Cambridge United I think some of their early results flattered Cambridge but they have impressed with their last two victories and the fact is they have only lost twice yet this season. Luton had a big reality check on Saturday with their 3-0 defeat at York and they are still suffering from a lot of injuries especially at the back. Cambridge have the quality going forward to do some damage and I reckon they can get something out of this game. Coral, Stan James and Paddy Power all go 7/2 on the draw no bet market and that is too big in my view.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Wrexham to beat Mansfield @21/20 We should be back to full strength tomorrow night, with Wright and Obeng back after suspension. We have certainly missed Wright, who I always thought was a bit of a carthorse in his Cambridge days, but he takes so much pressure of Speight and Morrell and creates the space for them and our midfielders. Despite a few flakey moments at the back on Saturday we scored 3 real quality goals. Fowler was played further forward and looked even better than he has done so far this season. Our midfield trio of Keates, Fowler and Harris may be small but they have real class in this league and it showed then. Our opponents had a thumping from Kidderminster at home but are far better on the road. However, what they will have to concern themselves with as well is a crowd feeling good, because.... ...we look like becoming a fans owned football club!! fkoggh.jpg

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 A couple of spread trades appeal tonight. Mark Stimson appears to be tightening things up at Kettering Town, as well as making some decent signings - they are starting to look a much more powerful outfit than that which started the season. I can see them having too much for Hayes & Yeading United tonight, and though I'm tempted by a straight supremacy trade I'll settle for selling the time of the 2nd Kettering goal at 71 with Sporting. I'm not sure how Kettering will shuffle their attacking formation tonight with a few injuries to deal with, but I suspect that if the misfiring Adam Cunnington starts tonight he may be given responsibility, and for that reason I've also risked a buy of his goal minutes at 17 with Sporting (I have to add that this is not a trade for the risk-averse). The Ebbsfleet-Bath game looks an intriguing one between two sides that look pretty hangdog at the moment. Bath have less scoring potential, though they are playing something that resembles the rugged and organised system that did so well for them last season, whereas Ebbsfleet are only looking capable in flashes: the trade for me - given that neither side has mustered a clean sheet this season - is a buy of total goals at 2.75 (Sporting and Spreadex), though that goes against the theme of the match, which is 'thou shalt not lose'. Finally, I've bought Chib Chilaka's goal minutes at 13 with Sporting. The Braintree bustler will probably start on the bench with Ben Wright back (in which case the trade voids), but he is coming into some better form that his early season cameos and I think he's worth risking at this price even though Tamworth are not big conceders and the match has a stalemate feel to it.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Great guidance on here in regards to saturdays games,i Had mentioned the possibility of grimsby but good advice steered me clear from that/ Tonight i like the look of Kidderminster and Wrexham. any thoughts with Kminster at just short of evens at home,i find that worthy of a punt..

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 copied from my thread: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f19/my-other-football-leagues-121627/#post2023462 #8 Luton Town - Cambridge According to both team news, Luton are in problems as their defence is very much out, but they will have their main goalscorer back for this game. Cambridge in problems aswell with thin squad, but looking at both teams performances, Cambridge should not be on +1 hcp, +0.75 is maximum for me. Hence looking at the value and the results, where Cambridge lost by two goal margin back in february and are on 7 games unbeaten run, this bet looks like value to me. Cambridge + 1 @ 1.96 sbobet

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 With Kidderminster v Grimsby on TV tonight, that gives the opportunity for a wider range of spread trades. It is striking that Grimsby have gained 43 corners in their last 4 matches, although only one of these was away from home at Stockport where they gained 10 corners and conceded 8. Grimsby gained 6 against Wrexham last weekend, 16 at home to Kettering and 11 at home to Hayes. Harriers have a far more uneven recent profile, although in their last game at home they conceded 6 against Alfreton. Corners is not a market I'm usually too keen to play, because it depends so much on the state of the game, whether there's an early goal etc etc. However, Grimsby have decent wide players like Makofo, Coulson and Eagle who seem to generate their flag-kicks. Tonight I suspect Kidderminster will retain the same starting XI that won so well at Mansfield on Saturday. That means Nick Wright and Luke Medley will run the wide channels with Lee Vaughan bombing forward from right back as he always does at Aggborough. With perfect pitch and weather conditions, there's no reason why this shouldn't be a decent attacking game which should stay a close contest. I've bought cross-corners at 30 with Sporting Index.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Braintree vs Tamworth I think that home side had too much in this series of wins and I fancy Tamworth to interrupt it. Tamworth got also a good start of the season, remember last year they were in the relegation fights. They have 2 win less games now and for sure are targeting points from this one. away +0.75 AH @ 1.7.3 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Ebbsfleet United vs Bath City Away side is certainly more experienced than the new promoted. They will have a tough encounter tonight, but I think it is the right moment to start winning points. They did it with Luton than lost the momentum and lost home. Ebbsfleet will try also to get the win, but will be even harder for them as the opponents are also desperate. away +0.25 AH @ 1.83 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Kettering vs Hayes I am not sure that Kettering are so favorites in this game. Hayes put a decent fight in the game with Gateshead and will try to get at least a point here. With Paquette and Soares in good form they can produce a surprise on the big clubs' venues, not to mention here, against a team that hasn't been to clever on home games. away +0.75 AH @ 1.81 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27

Great guidance on here in regards to saturdays games,i Had mentioned the possibility of grimsby but good advice steered me clear from that/ Tonight i like the look of Kidderminster and Wrexham. any thoughts with Kminster at just short of evens at home,i find that worthy of a punt..
I know the Wrexham fans fancy their chances tonight but I reckon Saturday was a blip for Mansfield and they are the best team I have seen this season and its not a game I would really want to bet in although I think Wrexham are too short. Wouldnt put you off Kidderminster though, Grimsby have only scored once on the road and after a small improvement they seem to have gone back to how they started the season.

Stockport fan here, first timer on here. Every game for us this season has been under 2.5 goals, with eight out of 11 games being 1-1 draws. Tonight I see it being over 2.5 goals, and can see a Stockport win.
Thats fair enough but you havent said why you think that.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Apologies. Jamie Vardy (Fleetwood's top scorer) is suspended, although Fleetwood are near the top they have been liable to concede goals (scored 18, conceded 14) whereas the Stockport defence is tighter and have only conceded 9 (keeping two clean sheets at home this season). Stockport have Ryan Fraughan back who has been a key player in the early part of the season, he should return tonight on the wing. We have been creating chances but not finishing off performanes, the last home game (2-0 v Grimsby) was a good team performance and I see us continuing the home form this evening.

Apologies. Jamie Vardy (Fleetwood's top scorer) is suspended, although Fleetwood are near the top they have been liable to concede goals (scored 18, conceded 14) whereas the Stockport defence is tighter and have only conceded 9 (keeping two clean sheets at home this season). Stockport have Ryan Fraughan back who has been a key player in the early part of the season, he should return tonight on the wing. We have been creating chances but not finishing off performanes, the last home game (2-0 v Grimsby) was a good team performance and I see us continuing the home form this evening.
That is spot on and welcome to the forum.

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Think Newport could be value at FGR. Rovers won only once at home v Bath (who are woeful it seems), while Newport held Stockport and should have beaten Barrow last time time out. Lots of defeats, but have faced good teams at least. They look like they could be recovering, and a very decent price DNB (or even outright for those so-inclined).

I know the Wrexham fans fancy their chances tonight but I reckon Saturday was a blip for Mansfield and they are the best team I have seen this season and its not a game I would really want to bet in although I think Wrexham are too short. Wouldnt put you off Kidderminster though, Grimsby have only scored once on the road and after a small improvement they seem to have gone back to how they started the season.
Swerved wrexham but stuck with kidderminster.cheers.:hope

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Gateshead VS York City Gateshead early form seems to have been halted wining only 1 in the last 4, I saw Fleetwood beat them 3-1 and they looked very ordinary, Whereas York seemed to have picked up the form many people anticipated before the season started, being unbeaten in their last 4 games, which include 2 comfortable 3-0 wins against title favourites Wrexham & Luton, I'll be taking a York win @2.37 with William Hill :ok

Re: England > Midweek > BlueSQ Bet Prem Sept 27 Barrow vs Lincoln Barrow´s players out - Andy Nicholas (broken foot), Andy Cook (ankle ligament injury), Robin Hulbert (knee), Mike Pearson (head), Paul Rutherford (thigh strain), Hadyn Hollis (ankle injury) . Their coach will had some dificult to make eleven team for tonight´s game , and he said in newspaper " We need players in the squad because as it stands we probably won't be able to fill the bench for Saturday because we are struggling for numbers. I might have to re-register myself as a player. (Dave Bayliss)”. Barrow don´t win 3 games and i think tonight is great chance for Lincoln got first victory. Lincoln to win DNB @2.10 Bet 365 Sorry my bad english :)

Apologies. Jamie Vardy (Fleetwood's top scorer) is suspended, although Fleetwood are near the top they have been liable to concede goals (scored 18, conceded 14) whereas the Stockport defence is tighter and have only conceded 9 (keeping two clean sheets at home this season). Stockport have Ryan Fraughan back who has been a key player in the early part of the season, he should return tonight on the wing. We have been creating chances but not finishing off performanes, the last home game (2-0 v Grimsby) was a good team performance and I see us continuing the home form this evening.
Welcome stockportjack :cheers Looks like Fleetwood also miss Brodie who got them a point with 2 late goals last time out.... http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town/mellon_s_ban_blows_1_3813671

Sigggh.... I got involved in the Wrexham side of life... I even went DNB just to be safe #sureworkedwell
Sadly so did I!! We got level and then conceded, and went down to 10 men, within a minute. The 3rd goal was simply because we were playing five up front and three in midfield by then. It is fair to say that the referee was the worst ever seen at a football match and, as Kevshat would tell you, in this league that is saying something. Green was pulling shirts all night and got warning after warning; Knight Percival did it twice and got two yellows. When Green was finally carded the Mansfield bench made the sensible decision to sub him. He sauntered off and then came back on to shack hands with his team mates! The ref ran over to give him a card, realised he was on a yellow, and allowed him to run away having wasted 3 or 4 minutes! We had one booked and one off; they had 3 booked and one off. The stats? We gave away 7 fouls and they gave away 20!!! One thing this shows is that Morrell cannot become manager as he will play himself less (on bench again tonight) and we need him on the pitch. Sorry to those who followed the tip.

Great shout on Cambridge and also Nantwich Addpea' date=' cheers[/quote'] Nearly was brave and went with the 5/1 on Cambridge but I will take 7/2 and a profit on the night especially after Saturday. I cant take any credit for Nantwich as that was Ships tip.

Sadly so did I!! We got level and then conceded, and went down to 10 men, within a minute. The 3rd goal was simply because we were playing five up front and three in midfield by then. It is fair to say that the referee was the worst ever seen at a football match and, as Kevshat would tell you, in this league that is saying something. Green was pulling shirts all night and got warning after warning; Knight Percival did it twice and got two yellows. When Green was finally carded the Mansfield bench made the sensible decision to sub him. He sauntered off and then came back on to shack hands with his team mates! The ref ran over to give him a card, realised he was on a yellow, and allowed him to run away having wasted 3 or 4 minutes! We had one booked and one off; they had 3 booked and one off. The stats? We gave away 7 fouls and they gave away 20!!! One thing this shows is that Morrell cannot become manager as he will play himself less (on bench again tonight) and we need him on the pitch. Sorry to those who followed the tip.
Was it Steve Martin? Some of that guy's decisions are funnier than the actor of the same name!