** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Championship Sept 27-28

aliando

Tuesday 27 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace (19:45 BST) 1.83 3.6 4.2 106.23 %
maximize.gif Bristol City v Reading (19:45 BST) 2.54 3.35 2.87 104.00 %
maximize.gif Burnley v Nottingham Forest (19:45 BST) 2.37 3.4 2.9 106.00 %
maximize.gif Coventry City v Blackpool (19:45 BST) 2.87 3.4 2.4 105.86 %
maximize.gif Derby County v Barnsley (19:45 BST) 1.98 3.5 3.8 105.39 %
maximize.gif Doncaster Rovers v Hull City (19:45 BST) 3.1 3.4 2.28 105.53 %
maximize.gif Portsmouth v Peterborough United (19:45 BST) 2.23 3.45 3.6 101.61 %
maximize.gif Watford v Millwall (19:45 BST) 2.37 3.5 2.9 105.16 %
maximize.gif West Ham v Ipswich Town (19:45 BST) 1.59 3.9 5.9 105.48 %
Wednesday 28 September 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Cardiff City v Southampton (19:45 BST) 2.39 3.5 2.9 104.90 %
maximize.gif Middlesbrough v Leicester City (19:45 BST) 2.28 3.4 3.25 104.04 %

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28

I'm liking the look of Hull away to Doncaster. Doncaster are bottom of the league with only four points, winning their first game today. Can anyone who knows this league well shed some light on this fixture?
Doncaster have sacked their manager in the last few days and brought in Wrexham's Dean Saunders, who won 1-0 in his opening match (versus Crystl Palace) on Saturday. I'd normally favour Hull here but the "new manager" factor would mean I steer well away from this game, personally.

I'm liking the look of Hull away to Doncaster. Doncaster are bottom of the league with only four points, winning their first game today. Can anyone who knows this league well shed some light on this fixture?
I thought Palace would at least get a point at Donny today and in the first half Doncaster were quite nervous and still making lots of mistakes as they have done all season. In the second half they grew in confidence and were buoyed by the return of striker Billy Sharp, one of their best players. Donny ended up winning 1-0 and it was the first game in charge for new manager Dean Saunders. Taking all 3pts against Palace will be a massive psychological boost for Doncaster going into Tuesdays game with Hull. Hull are a better side than Doncaster and normally have a good away record in this division, W2 D1 L1 this season, but, I personally will not be going anywhere near that game due to Doncaster's recent turn in fortunes. Good luck if you do decide to back Hull.

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Brighton/Palace I think there is value in laying Brighton at 1.68. Palace are a better side than last season and I think their poor away form was a bit of an oddity. I can see them avoiding defeat in nearly 50% of their away games this season. I also think Brighton will be had pressed to win close to 66% of their home games. Brighton have started well, but their home form has slipped a little. I tend to believe new grounds take time to bed in for home teams and many away teams raise their game a little. This game is seen as a bit of Derby which usually weakens home strength.

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Portsmouth - Peterboro The Under 2,5 seems to be attractive @ 2,1 (Pinnacle)...and even under 3 @ 1,65 is an option, all home matches of Pompey went under so far. 2 under/4 away for Peterboro (scoring 3, conceding 7). Besides I´m thinking about Hull DNB @ 1,9 (Pinnacle). Hull is more difficult to beat than CP away from home. I´m aware of Donny´s new manager effect, but still I doubt that they will get much more than a draw...Hull always scores one and doesn´t concede many (except 1-4 at Leeds). Looks like 1-0 or 1-1...even the under 2.25 @ 1,9 seems alright to me. Hard to imagine that this one goes over... But just in case (new manager effect) I´ll go for this (AH0, Under 2.25)with low stakes 2/10.

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Brighton & Hove Albion V Crystal Palace The two arch enemies clash for the first time in 6 years (I think) and I'm afraid to say that the home side will probably have a slight edge going into this fierce derby clash. Brighton, Middlesbrough and to a slightly lesser extent West Ham have been the true nightmare opponents for championship teams thus far this season IMO. Southampton are flying high and I would expect them to finish in the top 6 for sure but they are in a slightly false position as the fixture list has been very kind to them, we'll save that debate for another day. The point is Gus Poyet is one of very few managers in this league that has his team playing exactly how he wants them to play. Every Brighton player knows his job and is full of confidence at the momment. Opponents often find it difficult to play their own game V Brighton as they are so busy worrying about the opposition. One possible weakness for Brighton (and I am clutching at straws here) could be their defence. They conceeded 3 against Leeds last time around and Palace certainly have the firepower to unsettle them in this area. Palace come into this match off the back of 3 straight league defeats, all marginal and the Doncaster loss was particularly hard to stomach. Palace are gonna have to be at their absolute best to get anything from this game but I would agree with second sight that the derby factor may just help us a little. The best price you can currently get on Brighton is 7/10 and that is no value whatsoever. If you're brave enough to back Palace then +0.75 is available @ 8/7 with Betdaq. To summarise I don't recommend betting on this game and most sensible punters will swerve this one. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Ramage, Tunchev, McCarthy, Moxey, Ambrose, Wright, Jedinak, Parr, Scannell, Murray If I had to bet on this game: I would feel annoyed. Feeling saucy: Glenn Murray anytime goalscorer @ 11/4 (William Hill)

Portsmouth - Peterboro The Under 2,5 seems to be attractive @ 2,1 (Pinnacle)...and even under 3 @ 1,65 is an option, all home matches of Pompey went under so far. 2 under/4 away for Peterboro (scoring 3, conceding 7). Besides I´m thinking about Hull DNB @ 1,9 (Pinnacle). Hull is more difficult to beat than CP away from home. I´m aware of Donny´s new manager effect, but still I doubt that they will get much more than a draw...Hull always scores one and doesn´t concede many (except 1-4 at Leeds). Looks like 1-0 or 1-1...even the under 2.25 @ 1,9 seems alright to me. Hard to imagine that this one goes over... But just in case (new manager effect) I´ll go for this (AH0, Under 2.25)with low stakes 2/10.
The Portsmouth one could be a good call actually. Posh usually have at least ten goals in their games, but there was only the one at West Ham. The odds probably are related to Posh's past stats. I like Hull as well. Donny did beat Palace but from what I've read it was a poor game only settled by a stunner from John Oster. I don't think Donny will be as fortuitous against Hull, who are a better away side than Palace.

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Agree about us. We should go under again as our defense is pretty water tight at home. Might be worth backing us as weel, as this and our home victory over Blackpool have been ear marked as must win games to keep us away from the relegation zone. The togetherness in the squad was clear for all to see after Huseklepp scored a last minute screamer on Saturday to win the game.

Event Doncaster - Hull City
Selection Hull City 0.00 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 27/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 1.97
Reasoning Bookmakers are giving the favouritism in this game to the hosts. Favouritism to the bottom placed Doncaster just because they appointed Dean saunders as new coach and got a win in his debut. They continue to be the bottom placed with one of the poorest starts of the last two decades. I think they are a big contender to relegation. Beside that they won't count with injured Chris Brown, James Chambers, Martin Woods and Adam Lockwood. On the other side we have Hull City, with no confirmed absences, one of the best teams in this Championship, which is fighting for a play-off place. In the last four games they got three wins and a draw and i don't think this travel to the bottom placed will give them a defeat.

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 First Post so please accept my apologies in advance if this is done in correctly my first bet is a treble WEST HAM vs Ipswich - The Hammers are coming into a little bit of form and have a larger squad to cover three games in a week. West Ham tend to perform against ipswich under the lights of Upton Park MK dons vs CHARLTON - baldock has been sold to west ham and the goal threat from the MK Dons has gone and charlton are hot away from home have looked good the only problem is they seem to have delivered a little too much lately DERBY vs Barnsley Derby are good side at home good win against a millwall side devoid inspiration should help against a side that play the worst football in the championship 7.10/1 at hills

First Post so please accept my apologies in advance if this is done in correctly my first bet is a treble WEST HAM vs Ipswich - The Hammers are coming into a little bit of form and have a larger squad to cover three games in a week. West Ham tend to perform against ipswich under the lights of Upton Park MK dons vs CHARLTON - baldock has been sold to west ham and the goal threat from the MK Dons has gone and charlton are hot away from home have looked good the only problem is they seem to have delivered a little too much lately DERBY vs Barnsley Derby are good side at home good win against a millwall side devoid inspiration should help against a side that play the worst football in the championship 7.10/1 at hills
:welcome to PL :ok

First Post so please accept my apologies in advance if this is done in correctly my first bet is a treble WEST HAM vs Ipswich - The Hammers are coming into a little bit of form and have a larger squad to cover three games in a week. West Ham tend to perform against ipswich under the lights of Upton Park MK dons vs CHARLTON - baldock has been sold to west ham and the goal threat from the MK Dons has gone and charlton are hot away from home have looked good the only problem is they seem to have delivered a little too much lately DERBY vs Barnsley Derby are good side at home good win against a millwall side devoid inspiration should help against a side that play the worst football in the championship 7.10/1 at hills
:welcome Will actually follow as I have seen an omen that all the newcomers 1st tip actually normally comes up. Check it out the experienced heads if you dont believe me!

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 West Ham/Ipswich Quite happy to go against the flow here and lay West Ham at 1.56. By all accounts West Ham were not impressive at home to Peterboro and they will find Ipswich tougher. Most Boro fans commented that Ipswich were the best team they had played all season. Many of their players have played in the Premiership and they are now playing to their potential. I have not convinced its a goals over game neither. Only 1 goal in West Ham's last 2 games and Ipswich have only had 3 goals, Suggest the 2.52 on offer for goals under 2.5 is value. Pompey/PBoro Happy to lay Pompey at 2.14. Peterboro have been unlucky away this season. They nearly got a point at West Ham and may do that at Pompey who struggle to score at home. Boro/Leicester Anything can happen in this game. If it was based on money Leicester won win 9-0. Mogga has had to sell/release half his squad while Sven seems to have spent more than the rest of the Championship put together. Boro have struggled a bit home when they can't play counter attacking football as easily suggests to me they should not be 2.28 shots, so I have laid them. My odds for the game are : Boro 40% Draw 30% Leicester 30%

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Derby -1/2 (-105) (bodog) I am riding one of the hottest teams in the league. Derby has been one of the best teams in this league and they have done what's important, beating the teams you are supposed to beat when you have the better players. I see no reason why Derby won't do this vs Barnsley which is one of the bottom teams in the league. Derby has had great form, no hiccups here if this team wants promotion. I like Portsmouth as well, but Derby would have to be my top play

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Watford V Millwall. Down to the botton of the table clash i go looking for some value.. and i think this could be the one. these two teams are pretty similar. both on 7 points.. both have only the 1 win.. (watford away.. millwall at home). watford have only scored 2 goals and conceded 8 at home. but on the other hand millwall have only scored 2 and conceded 9 away from home. but i think millwall could be ready to break the duck of not scoring in 5 games.. their game against derby they did all the playing and even hit the woodwork.. basically did everything but score. watford got beat by a poor forest side at home.. were 2-0 down at home with 10mins to go against birmingham and they got a 90+ equaliser.. game before that they were beat 4-0 at home by westham.. and also beat by derby 1-0 at home. these two teams are probably as bad as one another... but millwall at 2-1 looks value to me. millwalll to win odds of 2/1 william hill. guckluck if playing

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace I will take a chance to bet on Crystal Palace an away win @ 5.5 (William Hill) I think there is a big chance here CP will pick up an away win today 3 straight defeated in their recent three matches is the reason why they look a bit hopeless if you are looking at the odds, but I do believe they can have a good bounce back today. Bear in mind that the only away win so far for CP was week 4 against Hull city. Also taking into account that they will face West Ham at home on their next match. Good Luck all mate! By the way, sorry for my English as I am from Hong Kong. :lol

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Watford vs Millwall I wanted to take Millwall +0.25 AH, but I think most probably this game will end as a draw. So, looking then to the absentees we will see that Millwall will still miss main strikers: Henderson out and Marquis will come off the bench as he needs a hernia operation and cannot play 90 minutes. Jay Simpson and N'Guessan will come from the bench but I think they will struggle to score. Although, Millwall should score, that is for sure, as they haven;t done it in the last 5 games, so it is time. Watford is another team that struggles to net the ball. Under seems the best option for me, also away +0.25 AH is another good bet imo. Enjoy! under 2.5 goals @ 1.85 with BetClic

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Derby vs Barnsley Barnsley almost won against Birmingham in the weekend. They are unbeaten in last 5 games with 4 draws and 1 win. Derby are having a very good start of the season, but I think they will start losing speed someday. They are not among those good teams that will fight for promotion. Their consistency is good, but I think the series of good results last for so long and should be interrupted. away +0.5 AH @ 1.89 with Canbet

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Bristol City vs Reading The Robins managed to score first time on home ground this season in the weekend, with Pitman coming from the bench. Therefore I expect him to start today with Stead and Maynard. Bristol has a pretty good team with Campbell-Rice and Kilkenny in the midfield and I feel them like will explode soon and start some tied winnings. Reading won against Doncaster and made a draw to Coventry, but I feel them not so brave to win against Bristol here. home + 0.25 AH @ 1.84 with 188bet

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Coventry vs Blackpool Away side lost from speed and has just 1 win in last 6 games. They have lost to Portsmouth as I predicted, but they can get more from this game. Coventry has again McSheffrey and McDonald in the squad, but I do not think they will have an easier game than the one with Reading in the weekend. On the contrary ... Brett Ormerod has been rested in the weekend and will surely start for the Tangerines. There are no injuries for them. away 0 AH @ 1.83 with Ladbrokes

Bristol City vs Reading The Robins managed to score first time on home ground this season in the weekend, with Pitman coming from the bench. Therefore I expect him to start today with Stead and Maynard. Bristol has a pretty good team with Campbell-Rice and Kilkenny in the midfield and I feel them like will explode soon and start some tied winnings. Reading won against Doncaster and made a draw to Coventry, but I feel them not so brave to win against Bristol here. home + 0.25 AH @ 1.84 with 188bet
Thought the same. Odds on Reading are too short (again like vs. Coventry). They are priced as if they were promotion contenders (this is of course due to last seasons performance). But in the meantime they clearly lost a little firepower (Long). Bristol have shown signs of improvement. They were unlucky at Leeds and should have taken something from that match. The draw against Hull, who are strong away, was deserved. A good sign might be that last season Bristol ended their poor start with a win against Reading...when they were stronger (but I don´t want to read too much out of this). Glad to take them on the +0.25, a draw and an underish match is to be expected, but I wouldn´t be too surprised to see goals here (but I don´t bet on goals too often).

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Doncaster vs Hull City The managerial change and the fact that Billy Sharp it was on the bench for the Rovers might be against my bet. But Hull are a tough team away and I think they can get a win here. They are a solid team in all the compartments, but specially on the defense. Doncaster will be happy with a draw here, but I think Hull will get more from this game. away 0 AH @ 1.93 with Ladbrokes

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Portsmouth vs Peterborough I do not want to be understand from this one that Portsmouth is so good, while Peterborough is weaker. But Pompey looked strong in the last games and finally managed to win against a good Blackpool side. Peterborough also was unlucky in the game against west Ham, but that was 3 days ago. Pompey plays different and I do not think will let Peterborough to do their regular game. The absence of Tomlin from Peterborough is another fact that make sme take this bet. Varney and Kitson are missing from Pompey side, but Huseklepp will be in the first XI, especially after he scored the winner against Tangerines in the weekend. home -0.25 AH @ 1.83 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Posted for the first time on Saturday. For me tonight in the championship is difficult. Firstly a team that is appealing to me is Porstmouth 11/10 william hill-A last gasp victory on saturday for pompey may not seem to inspire much confidence for punters but it was against Blackpool who had previosly beaten Pompeys opponents tonight earlier in the season Pboro. This along with the ability to grind out a win at home and also a Pboro team who have not won on the road this season makes this an appealing bet to me. Any thoughts??

What about Derby at home gentlemen ? Haven't seen any of Derby matches so far but price at 2.00 for the home team doesn't look bad. Though don't know how to look at those last 4 draw for Burnsley. Will we see another tight fight..
I wasn't overly confident on Saturday and we won 3-0. Hoping not to curse us, I think it's a home win and good value tonight :notworthy

Re: England: Championship Sept 27-28 Burnley v Nottingham Forest Burnley are yet to win at home this season and Forest have beat Doncaster and Watford away from home. Forest went through a bad spell losing 4 games on the trot but they were 4 very tough games. Beat Watford last time out and i think they will dispose of Burnley tonight also, i think they are much stronger on paper. WIN @ 21/10 VC Derby v Barnsley Derby are on fire. They have won 3 of their 4 home games so far this season in the league and were very impressive against Millwall last weekend. Barnsley have drawn their last 4 games on the trot and are a gritty side but i think Derby will have too much firepower for them. WIN @ EVENS Bet365 Portsmouth v Peterborough Peterborough have yet to win on the road and find themselves in a very tough match at Pompey tonight. Pompey lost their first 2 home games but have done well at home since, and they tend to be in a lot of low scoring games, i think Portsmouth may nick this game 1-0. WIN @ 11/10 VC Treble @ 10.53/1 Paddy Power

Watford vs Millwall I wanted to take Millwall +0.25 AH, but I think most probably this game will end as a draw. So, looking then to the absentees we will see that Millwall will still miss main strikers: Henderson out and Marquis will come off the bench as he needs a hernia operation and cannot play 90 minutes. Jay Simpson and N'Guessan will come from the bench but I think they will struggle to score. Although, Millwall should score, that is for sure, as they haven;t done it in the last 5 games, so it is time. Watford is another team that struggles to net the ball. Under seems the best option for me, also away +0.25 AH is another good bet imo. Enjoy! under 2.5 goals @ 1.85 with BetClic
Agreed. Don't know which bookie I'll use yet but it's around the 1.80 mark. Sport has covered the Millwall problems, and Watford are clearly a side that prefers being on the road, with only a point against Birmingham to their name so far at Vicarage Road, and three defeats without scoring. Fingers crossed this'll be the drab affair we both expect. I like Hull tonight on the AH +1, but @ 1.19 (Bet365) that's not really that appealing to most. Good acca material though. Like I mentioned earlier, Donny did win on Saturday but it took a moment of class from Oster to settle things, and I don't see 'em being as lucky against a Hull team that is usually quite a tough cookie away from the KC.