BBOTD Friday 23rd of September

Aidymac

Premio Loco - Newmarket 2:25 - Group 2 - 1 Mile - Good To Firm I think Premio Loco has a major chance of following up his latest victory. It has had a poor year of late up until last time out where it came late to be victorious at Doncaster on the same ground in a Group 2. The way it stayed on means 1 mile will be perfect, but we already know 1 mile is perfect as it has won over the trip 9 times in total. Chris Wall has started to come into form and although it was never won over the Rowley Mile, it wont have a better chance than this. I expect it to challenge late and power home inside the final furlong under a strong George Baker drive. Emerald Commander has been snubbed by Frankie Dettori which gives me signals it is not first preference. On a formline it has been running ok but may struggle to beat a few of these. Poets Voice would have a big chance if coming back to its best. Ran a fine race in Meydan in March when 2nd to Wigmore Hall and a reproduction of that would see it go close but ran very poorly last time out finishing last and had a couple of his rivals ahead. Ransom Note comes into the equation also especially as its last win came here on the Rowley course. However has looked a small bit laboured on its last few runs, staying on late in the day when the race is over. May bounce back but i would not be confident. Karam Albaari is easily passed over with the form it is in, has struggled to be any bit competitive at all lately and the price reflects that. Libranno i personally dont fancy. Is a front runner that i think will be gobbled up come the final furlong, a couple of very good stayers in the race that i think are a bit too classy for it. Tazahum has a chance but the dreaded Richard Hills is on board. Was 2nd in a Group 3 last time out behind Green Destiny , that was a very good run but im not convinced at all and its far too short in the betting. Really fancy Premio Loco to go close here, with Ransom Note being the main danger followed by Tazahum. WIN @ 9/2 VC BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 23rd of September Sirvino - 4.10 Nmk (1pt win 10-1 CORAL) Seasoned handicapper who managed runner-up in a fairly weak Listed race last time out after a couple of runs at 14f (possibly too far), and a run before that in which he was badly hampered on the bend. This doesn't seem like an especially strong contest either, so the 10-1 on offer is tempting, particularly since all the other early price bookies are offering only 6-1 or 7-1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.