** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 27 September

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Bayern Munich v Manchester City Draw or Man City @ 2.00 (PartyBets) 10 pts Pretty confident on this one. Bayern have been scoring bags of goals and their home/domestic form is very good. However, they haven't really been playing sides with the calibre of Manchester City. Both sides have lots of firepower up front and are pretty solid at the back to. To me, with the cracking form that Aguero is in, there is every chance he will grab a goal. Gomez for Bayern is playing well too and could quite easily do the same. I'm really feeling a score draw here however Man City have the firepower to get goals at any time from nothing.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September People not fancying Man City it seems, they are on the drift! Thought prices looked fair with Bayern at around evens. Very experienced Champions League side they are and Man City are new to this competition (I know most of their players are but the team itself is). They was very average in their first game against Napoli but maybe the odds have over-reflected this now perhaps.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September

As seen against Spurs, this system is most powerful on the counter attack.
...the thing is that if you know it, so does the Bayern Manager...Neither of us here has invented the electricity, figuratively speaking. Staff watches game after game for each specific encounter. City will not surprise Bayern tactically ( or vice versa ). Individual efforts - possibly. Mancini can't afford to lose this one, that is clear, and a point away in Germany will be OK with him and the team chances to go through. City IMO are going out for a Draw, and the start will be slow and tough. The Card line is set at 2,20 for Over 4,5 with bet365, and with the game being the focus of the night I will take it, medium stakes.

Really??? :unsure United stop attacking after they score a goal after 50 odd minutes??? Jesus Mustafa i have been a fan for 20 years and i havent noticed that.. NONSENSE
I don't agree with much that Mustafa writes but I think he is going on the group stages last year when even a United fan will admit they were crap in the home games. 0-0 with Rangers, 1-0 against Bursaspor and 1-1 with Valencia was hardly impressive. They have reinvented the way the side plays over the summer though and all credit should go to Fergie for that. I still think Berbatov slows the attack down and doesn't help the new style of play but if Nani and Young are on the wings he will put the ball in the net. Basle are a poor side, 4th in the Swiss league only 4 wins from the first 10 games and key player Shaqiri suspended, depending on the team Fergie puts out I will be tempted to have them on some kind of handicap, Ferguson said today he is looking to win the next three games so they can have the group tied up and rest players in the final two. This isn't arrogant they just have an easy group and winning it should be a relative breeze. Rooney, Hernandez, Chris Smalling, Jonny Evans, Nemanja Vidic, Rafael and Tom Cleverley are all out so expect Rio will start alongside Jones, they don't have many other options. Park, Giggs, Wellback and Berbs all likely to come in. For me it depends on whether Nani and Young start, if they do I'll prob take them.

:welcome Don't really agree with much of your reasoning i'm afraid. Not sure how much the Bayern experience in europe matters. They've hardly dominated and their is a class difference in favour of city here on paper. City don't attack on the flanks at all, they play an inter changing front four and often build around the edge of the box. As seen against Spurs, this system is most powerful on the counter attack.
Of course experience in Europe matters, some teams are traditionally known for doing well in Europe, Bayern, AC Milan, Man Utd, Real Madrid mostly... Bayern were in the final when United won it in 99, they won the champions league in 2001, quarter-finals in 2009 (beaten by Barcelona), got to the final in 2010 so clearly experience in the champions league does matter. What have City done in the champions league? A poor 1-1 draw at home to Napoli :\ They may have class in the premier league but the champions league is a different ballgame! I dont buy into this "different class on paper" nonsense at all... United won the league and got to the champions league final with a so-called rubbish squad recently, and Chelsea lets not forget tried to buy the champions league and did not succeed in doing so. If City have the extra class in their side, why did they fail to beat Napoli at home? My answer is i think it is a completely different type of football and experience in my opinion is vital. I will be surprised if City beat Bayern, very surprised

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Bayern Munich v Man City For me i think Bayern are going to destroy City tonight and i believe champions league heritage and culture counts. Look at what they did to Villareal away from home and a poor Napoli side should have beat City at the City Ground! No contest , Bayern win. WIN @ 5/6 Paddy Power Napoli v Villareal Should have beat City only for a late goal, played extremely well and outplayed City in long spells. Villareal were very poor in their opener against Bayern and i can see Napoli winning this one! WIN @ 10/11 Hills Double @ 2.3/1 Paddy Power

I don't agree with much that Mustafa writes but I think he is going on the group stages last year when even a United fan will admit they were crap in the home games.
That's right. Just did not want to start another argument here. I have already had disagreements with most of the punters on this forum :lol

Of course experience in Europe matters, some teams are traditionally known for doing well in Europe, Bayern, AC Milan, Man Utd, Real Madrid mostly... Bayern were in the final when United won it in 99, they won the champions league in 2001, quarter-finals in 2009 (beaten by Barcelona), got to the final in 2010 so clearly experience in the champions league does matter. What have City done in the champions league? A poor 1-1 draw at home to Napoli :\ They may have class in the premier league but the champions league is a different ballgame! I dont buy into this "different class on paper" nonsense at all... United won the league and got to the champions league final with a so-called rubbish squad recently, and Chelsea lets not forget tried to buy the champions league and did not succeed in doing so. If City have the extra class in their side, why did they fail to beat Napoli at home? My answer is i think it is a completely different type of football and experience in my opinion is vital. I will be surprised if City beat Bayern, very surprised
Aidy, i'm not discrediting european experience but i think it needs to be balanced out too. For example Chelsea had little european experience but then in came the money and they've got to a final in recent years. This same applies here with City imo. I also feel that european experience is a club mentality thing from board room to management that is then passed on to the players. An obvious statement but i think i need to say it as you seem to think that Bayern winning this comp in 2001 (10 years ago) has some significance?! We have disagreed a few times on here since i joined and although i use statistical trends i'd say you go too far with it personally. Another point we often differ on is performance. I base my predictions mainly on performances, i consider results but performances matter more. If you look into Bayerns very recent history, which i think is only what matters here, roughly previous 2-3 seasons then you'll see Bayern have made hard work of their european campaigns. Last season being their most successful for some years. Roma 2-0 Cluj 3-2 Basel ------ Fiorentina 2-1 Lyon 1-0 Inter 0-2 2009/2010 juventus 0-0 Bordeaux 0-2 Maccabi 1-0 ------------- lisbon 7-1 barcelona 1-1 It's not a bad set of results and they have improved however they have rarely impressed at home, even when they have won. For me, they always look vulnerable to conceding a silly goal. And, even when they attack in numbers they need more chances than they should to convert. I don't expect Man city to be favourites here nor do i believe Man city will def win but at 2.62 DNB or 38% chance of Man city not losing i think it's worth the risk to follow my gut feeling that man city could pull off a tight win. I also believe Man city are set-up perfectly for this kind of european game away from home. EDIT- i forgot to answer this but have done already indirectly. Man city didn't beat Napoli because Napoli are very under rated and a fantastic counter attacking side themselves. I'd say though that it did City no favours being at home first game against a team naive people class as weaker. Whereas v Bayern, they don't have the pressure, they have experienced a CL game now and they are suited to possession,controlled football with an element of counter attacking football. I also believe that mentality will come into play, and Man city being viewed as underdogs will help their cause alittle.

Just my point of view.It`s not all about the money. If no extraordinary things happen like red cards or great amount of luck for City this should be a home win. GL.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September no rooney manchester but Berbatov has a great desire to get out and relaunch. Basel team that suffers a lot and I think tonight will be a game full of goals Manchester United 451. De Gea (Lindegaard); Valencia (Fabio), Ferdinand, Jones, Evra, Nani, Fletcher (Carrick), Anderson, Giggs, Young (Park), Berbatov (Welbeck) Basilea 442. Sommer; Steinhofer, Kovac, Dragovic, Park; F. Frei, Xhaka, Varela, Zoua; Streller, A.Frei Manchester United -1,5-2 @ 1,85 IBCBET Manchester United -2 @ 2.14 IBCBET

...the thing is that if you know it, so does the Bayern Manager...Neither of us here has invented the electricity, figuratively speaking. Staff watches game after game for each specific encounter. City will not surprise Bayern tactically ( or vice versa ). Individual efforts - possibly. Mancini can't afford to lose this one, that is clear, and a point away in Germany will be OK with him and the team chances to go through. City IMO are going out for a Draw, and the start will be slow and tough. The Card line is set at 2,20 for Over 4,5 with bet365, and with the game being the focus of the night I will take it, medium stakes.
Well, if Bayern are happy for a point too then this would matter but as i said in my short review on the game, i think Bayern have often been naive at home and i think they will be naive again tonight. I do think Man city will play defensive for alot of the game, bayern need too many chances to convert from what i've seen over the past 2 seasons. Also, if man city do get an early lead which isn't unrealistic if they get Bayern on the back foot how will bayern approach the game then? I'd guess they'd remain patient but as the game goes on take more and more chances. My gut feeling is 0-2, with City defending the lead and assuring victory late on. No insightful reasons for that except i think City have enough quality to control large spells of the game and pick them off when Bayern come out and lose their shape.

I can't find much value among the CL fixtures this week, I also believe that City worth a punt at these odds. Anyway I decided to back four draws this week in games that I consider as tight affairs and teams are pretty even. CSKA Moscow v Inter Draw @3.30 Bayern Munich v Man City Draw @3.75 Valencia v Chelsea Draw @ 3.30 Marseille v Dortmund Draw @ 3.25 I'll put minimum stakes on singles, doubles, trebles and four fold. Bet taken with Bet365, I guess you might find better prices with other bokies. Some short reasonings: CSKA v Inter Moscow has always been hard place to go, Inter desperately needs to win this one as they started in a terrible way losing to Trabzonspor at home. But as I mentioned they will miss several important players in the likes of Snejder, Stankovic, Motta, Maicon and Forlan. CSKA Moscow showed some great spirit against Lille in France when they were 2 goals down but managed to take a point. Russians have some quality players, most of them with some experience in CL from previous seasons. Bayern v City A lot has been said about this game. Bayern with some impressive record but I don't think City are doing worse so far. Price of 3.75 is a pure value if you ask me considering there is not much difference between those two in terms of quality. Valencia v Chelsea After the great game against Barca Valencia disappointed their fans with absolutely apathetic game against Sevilla, obviously looking ahead to Chelsea. Soldado, Canales and Pablo Hernandez were rested, Alba was suspended. I expect Emeri to field pretty much the same XI that he chose for Barca game except for Albelda who is injured. Alba and Mathieu will probably start on the left wing, Miguel and Pablo Hernandez on the right wing, Ruiz and Rami in the CB, Banega, Canales in the midfield along with Maduro may be who will step in instead of Albelda, and Soldado up front. I think both teams will be happy with the draw here since this is the most important clash in the group and neither of them will risk to much as losing might get them into a trouble. Marseille v Dortmund Those two didn't start the season in their domestic leagues in the best way. However Marseille nicked 1-0 win on the road against Olympiacos and will enter this clash in a better position. Dortmund outplayed Arsenal in the first fixture IMO but still they should be happy with the draw coming in the late minutes with Perisic's fantastic equalizer. Germans show a lot of enthusiasm, they have some young quality players in the likes of Gotze, Kagawa, Gundogan etc which in my opinion are slightly better than the French lads. However Marseille and their coach Deschamps already have enough experience in CL and we often see them having some close and tight games, take for example their home game against United last year when they held a goalless draw.
:ok As another poster said, I like your reasoning here. I think the games may be tight, and most of these teams will be happy to take a draw from these games - two factors which increase the chances of a draw.

Aidy, i'm not discrediting european experience but i think it needs to be balanced out too. For example Chelsea had little european experience but then in came the money and they've got to a final in recent years. This same applies here with City imo. I also feel that european experience is a club mentality thing from board room to management that is then passed on to the players. An obvious statement but i think i need to say it as you seem to think that Bayern winning this comp in 2001 (10 years ago) has some significance?! We have disagreed a few times on here since i joined and although i use statistical trends i'd say you go too far with it personally. Another point we often differ on is performance. I base my predictions mainly on performances, i consider results but performances matter more. If you look into Bayerns very recent history, which i think is only what matters here, roughly previous 2-3 seasons then you'll see Bayern have made hard work of their european campaigns. Last season being their most successful for some years. Roma 2-0 Cluj 3-2 Basel ------ Fiorentina 2-1 Lyon 1-0 Inter 0-2 2009/2010 juventus 0-0 Bordeaux 0-2 Maccabi 1-0 ------------- lisbon 7-1 barcelona 1-1 It's not a bad set of results and they have improved however they have rarely impressed at home, even when they have won. For me, they always look vulnerable to conceding a silly goal. And, even when they attack in numbers they need more chances than they should to convert. I don't expect Man city to be favourites here nor do i believe Man city will def win but at 2.62 DNB or 38% chance of Man city not losing i think it's worth the risk to follow my gut feeling that man city could pull off a tight win. I also believe Man city are set-up perfectly for this kind of european game away from home. EDIT- i forgot to answer this but have done already indirectly. Man city didn't beat Napoli because Napoli are very under rated and a fantastic counter attacking side themselves. I'd say though that it did City no favours being at home first game against a team naive people class as weaker. Whereas v Bayern, they don't have the pressure, they have experienced a CL game now and they are suited to possession,controlled football with an element of counter attacking football. I also believe that mentality will come into play, and Man city being viewed as underdogs will help their cause alittle.
So you think Napoli are at the same level as Man City?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Bayern - Man City Probably this match is not made for betting, but odds drifted drastically, so I see value in ManC AH+0.75 @ 1.98 Pinnacle...small stake...odds on home win are too low now, should be around 2.0-2.2...the draw @ 3.9 is an option as well. It´s hard to bet against Bayern nowadays as they have improved their defense a lot (they looked superior in every match so far, even when they lost by a fluke goal vs. Gladbach). It has been mentioned before that Bayern looks vulnerable and prone to concede silly goals...that was yesterday. But I think that City has the potential/players to give Bayern a stern test. And I see City as a title candidate in PL which says enough about them. So value is on City...if they stay calm and play cautiously. If they open up or relax (but I don´t exspect it), they will get lost.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Bayern's odds are too short as it stands IMO. Bayern 1.769 City 4.960 I think Bayern should be favourites and my gut feeling is that they will get a narrow win tonight, but looking at those odds, I think it's either a case of taking City as a value play(if you believe they will get a result of course) or a no bet. Wouldn't touch Bayern at that price. Bayern have been mightily impressive but barely tested so far. City I think are a bit overrated in general and I don't see them winning either the league or Champions League this season, but the game seems closer than the odds suggest, they do have some quality match-winners in attack. Don't really like tonights card at all, just gonna watch.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September CSKA Moscow - Inter Milan: Draw @ 3.30 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 The market is favouring CSKA by a bit and the odds on Inter may appear attractive, but I think the draw is the percentage bet here. Inter will be missing some important players and they will probably approach this match with great caution and not risk too much. A second loss here would be deadly for any chances of qualifying for the next round. CSKA picked up a valuable point at Lille and probably views Inter as its most challenging test at home. So, CSKA may also be very cautious in their approach. Hence, the liklihood of the draw is increased on both ends and the odds make it a worthwhile bet. Napoli - Villarreal: Draw @ 3.60 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 I consider these teams pretty evenly matched at the moment. Villarreal lost at home against Bayern and will be very cautious since a second loss will really kill any chances of progressing to the next round. Domstically, Villarreal has recovered in the last 2 matches with a win at home and away draw. Napoli was able to get a good result at Manchester (1-1). In Italy, Napoli has stumbled in its last 2 matches (away loss and home draw) and hasn't scored a goal in either match. Napoli may find it hard to score against a Villarreal side that I think will defend heavily. The draw represents a good percentage bet. Trabzonspor - Lille: Draw @ 3.30 (Betfred) 10/10 Trabzonspor picked up a great win at Inter Milan in the first round. Lille could only draw against Napoli in the first round at home. Lille may be a bit better in terms of roster quality but Tabzonspor's home advantage balances this out, I think. I suspect that Trabzonspor will not take too many risks even though they are at home. The hosts will be careful since a loss against Lille would really minimize the important win at Inter Milan. Equally, Lille will probably play it tight and try to win the match on the counter attack or from set pieces. Lille has been a bit draw prone so far with a 3-4-1 overall record in the French League including 3 consecutive draws. Given the dynamics of the match the draw represents a good bet, I think.

Not sure what you mean by this Aidy? I think Napoli are on the same level or better in the right circumstances. For example not many people would bet on Stoke at Old Trafford but at the Britannia we'd consider it. If i use stoke as an example, i've backed them against Kiev and Besiktas but opposed them v Sunderland so far this season. However, i'd say they are better than sunderland overall but on alevel with Kiev in certain games and below them in others. The circumstances were good for Napoli and they are under rated but on paper City have more talent. But as we know, using Stoke again, talent doesn't mean wins and a team who plays to their strengths like Stoke have done and Napoli do also especially away from home when underdogs can be relatively successful. Don't want to seem like i'm after eventing cos in the end i didn't have guts put it on, but i fancied Napoli to keep it close but the +1 wasn't value and Man city were an unknown. I haven't gone with Man city just because they have a better overall squad than Bayern, i never do that and especially in the CL when most teams are strong enough to get results. But i think that's relevant when used with this game being suited to Man city, of course just my opinion and may well be very wrong as Man city are still an unknown. But i think i've seen enough of Bayern and City to see that this game could go the way of city. I may need alittle luck but overall i wouldn't back Bayern at 1.95 anyway. For all the backers of Bayern know, City could really suit this game which negates the positives on Bayern and City wont be as long away from home again until the last 8 if they get their and get a win tonight. I've weighed it all up and think City will suit away games better when underdogs, struggle against solid decent sides at home and batter teams that are weak in midfield and defence at home. I think the Napoli v Man city game will be interesting but for tonight i think i'll need abit of luck in Bayern not converting their chances and City taking the few they have, opening the game up for them to then control and pick off Bayern.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Real Madrid 4231. Casillas; Ramos, Carvalho (Varane), Albiol, Arbeloa; Khedira (Diarra), Xabi Alonso; Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema Ajax 433. Vermeer; Van der Wiel, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Anita; De Jong, Janssen, Eriksen; Boerrigter, Sigthorsson, Sulejmani Real Madrid -2,00 @1,89 IBCBET Real Madrid -1,5-2 @ 1,69 IBCBET eyes on Mourinho & Co. which recently received much criticism and I think the unfortunate ajax tonight will go home with a heavy defeat

Not sure what you mean by this Aidy? I think Napoli are on the same level or better in the right circumstances. For example not many people would bet on Stoke at Old Trafford but at the Britannia we'd consider it. If i use stoke as an example, i've backed them against Kiev and Besiktas but opposed them v Sunderland so far this season. However, i'd say they are better than sunderland overall but on alevel with Kiev in certain games and below them in others. The circumstances were good for Napoli and they are under rated but on paper City have more talent. But as we know, using Stoke again, talent doesn't mean wins and a team who plays to their strengths like Stoke have done and Napoli do also especially away from home when underdogs can be relatively successful. Don't want to seem like i'm after eventing cos in the end i didn't have guts put it on, but i fancied Napoli to keep it close but the +1 wasn't value and Man city were an unknown. I haven't gone with Man city just because they have a better overall squad than Bayern, i never do that and especially in the CL when most teams are strong enough to get results. But i think that's relevant when used with this game being suited to Man city, of course just my opinion and may well be very wrong as Man city are still an unknown. But i think i've seen enough of Bayern and City to see that this game could go the way of city. I may need alittle luck but overall i wouldn't back Bayern at 1.95 anyway. For all the backers of Bayern know, City could really suit this game which negates the positives on Bayern and City wont be as long away from home again until the last 8 if they get their and get a win tonight. I've weighed it all up and think City will suit away games better when underdogs, struggle against solid decent sides at home and batter teams that are weak in midfield and defence at home. I think the Napoli v Man city game will be interesting but for tonight i think i'll need abit of luck in Bayern not converting their chances and City taking the few they have, opening the game up for them to then control and pick off Bayern.
You said people were naive if they thought Napoli are weaker than City.. Which mean Napoli are as good as City ... Which is not the case But how were the circumstances good for Napoli? They were playing away to Man City, a far superior squad on paper? That Stoke example you gave has nothing to do with City v Napoli as it was Napoli who were away from home, which in your example should be the equivalent of Stoke playing away to Man Utd... Are you saying City are going to struggle at home in the champions league this year? If so its hard to envisage them going very far i would imagine. I think your reasoning is completely flawed and makes no sense to me! You go into too much detail and it gets extremely confusing... Lets get to the bottom line and make it simple... City were shite against Napoli at home, Bayern were excellent against Villareal. City have yet to prove they can handle the champions league, Bayern dont need to prove as they have handled it for years! Well let the football do the talking now! Best of luck with your bet :cheers

You said people were naive if they thought Napoli are weaker than City.. Which mean Napoli are as good as City ... Which is not the case But how were the circumstances good for Napoli? They were playing away to Man City, a far superior squad on paper? That Stoke example you gave has nothing to do with City v Napoli as it was Napoli who were away from home, which in your example should be the equivalent of Stoke playing away to Man Utd... Are you saying City are going to struggle at home in the champions league this year? If so its hard to envisage them going very far i would imagine. I think your reasoning is completely flawed and makes no sense to me! You go into too much detail and it gets extremely confusing... Lets get to the bottom line and make it simple... City were shite against Napoli at home, Bayern were excellent against Villareal. City have yet to prove they can handle the champions league, Bayern dont need to prove as they have handled it for years! Well let the football do the talking now! Best of luck with your bet :cheers
Napoli's 3 up top and wide play suits quick counter attacking football, and teams usually have the best opportunity to counter attack when they are away from home against a side who likes to commit men forward. The Stoke eg is useful as they suit aggressive,closing down football at home. If i need to use an away side then i'll go with Kiev v Stoke game recently which i backed The draw in. Kiev alot better on paper but had a poor set of results in europe at home over the previous 2 seasons. Stoke although on paper a worse team, defended well and i guessed they'd do that and Kiev would be wasteful which is excatly what happened. Another day could have been 3-0 kiev but then that's football. You say i go in to too much detail, well i think it's quite basic tbh.You say City were shit v Napoli but why? Bayern were good v Villarael, again why? It's those answers to be found in the performances that give us clues to the future performances not the result. City were shit imo because : First CL game, pressure Under-estimation of opponent Lack of width against fairly solid defence Confusion as to how to win the game once they realised Napoli can hurt them on break. Should have slowed the pace of game down (inexperience) Lack of physical presence etc... If that's too much detail, fine but that's how i weigh my games up along with trends/stats/injuries etc.. and i think alot of other punters do too. Anyway, good luck but not on Bayern. I wont be able see any of the game or even highlights so i'd appreciate ppl on here letting me know how the game went.

Napoli's 3 up top and wide play suits quick counter attacking football, and teams usually have the best opportunity to counter attack when they are away from home against a side who likes to commit men forward. The Stoke eg is useful as they suit aggressive,closing down football at home. If i need to use an away side then i'll go with Kiev v Stoke game recently which i backed The draw in. Kiev alot better on paper but had a poor set of results in europe at home over the previous 2 seasons. Stoke although on paper a worse team, defended well and i guessed they'd do that and Kiev would be wasteful which is excatly what happened. Another day could have been 3-0 kiev but then that's football. You say i go in to too much detail, well i think it's quite basic tbh.You say City were shit v Napoli but why? Bayern were good v Villarael, again why? It's those answers to be found in the performances that give us clues to the future performances not the result. City were shit imo because : First CL game, pressure Under-estimation of opponent Lack of width against fairly solid defence Confusion as to how to win the game once they realised Napoli can hurt them on break. Should have slowed the pace of game down (inexperience) Lack of physical presence etc... If that's too much detail, fine but that's how i weigh my games up along with trends/stats/injuries etc.. and i think alot of other punters do too. Anyway, good luck but not on Bayern. I wont be able see any of the game or even highlights so i'd appreciate ppl on here letting me know how the game went.
I shall let you know who scored the goals for Bayern mate. :lol :cheers

i think that United fans shouldnot talk about the quality of Manchester City! and i am sure that , if City put a defensive squad , Bayern will struggle to score!

because United fans will allways say that City are a weak team and write all kind of bulls$it about them.
Not true! I think City are a team to be feared, and i think they are a real threat to United in the premier league! However the champions league is a different ball-game and i think it will take city time to adjust to the champions league, however in 2 years time i think City will have the experience to maybe even win the champions league but at the moment they have a lot to prove! That ok with you Beer? ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Lyon -1 (AH) is now 1.93 at Betfair, which I think is a very good price. Nothing much more to add from what Atko and sportsxtipster (I think) have already said. Dinamo's away record in Europe is poor, Lyon are on form and the Croatian league is a much weaker standard than Ligue 1.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Naples comes from 2 races without nets, but did catch his breath Mazzarri many players, particularly in the defeat against Chievo Verona 1-0. The coach said that the priority these days is the company's champions. Napoli have a competitive team and it showed in Manchester where I think he deserved something more. Heavy absence in Villarreal where will the best man, Joseph Smith, in Naples in May will be replaced probably by Zuniga, which is much more careful in defense. Napoli 3412. De Sanctis; Campagnaro (Fernandez), Cannavaro, Aronica; Zuniga, Inler, Gargano, Dossena; Hamsik; Lavezzi, Cavani Villarreal 451/442. Lopez; Zapata, Musacchio, Gonzalo, Catala; Camunas, Soriano, Senna, De Guzman, Cani, Nilmar Napoli -0,5 @1,93 IBCBET

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Napoli has almost the same squad as last year and they are at least equal towards Man City. City have a lot of great players but they are not a team yet. A lot of their "impressive" wins in PL this year has been against weaker team. :drums