** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 27 September

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September

Odds are not so good for that IMO. Fergusson often rotates the squad and I quite often when someone expects United to score a lot they only win narrowly 1-0 or 2-0. Both Rooney and Hernandez will miss this game' date=' so most likely it will be Berbatov and Owen/Wellbeck up front.[/quote'] Odds are good and fair Mustafa! You often mention rotations with the bigger clubs, but I don't really see the point in it...Tonight's opponent means IMO no Park ( for example ) and another 1-2 ''pitbull-fighters'', as the Swiss are not a top opponent. With or without rotations United will look more forward. And if the forwards are concerned, let's have a look at those rotations - Berbatov? Please check who is United's top-scorer last season. He never had a drop in form, he simply said the wrong thing in the wrong place. I know for certain he is in best physical shape ever, and waits for a chance, this time quiet and modestly. Didn't work with Leeds, but he has been in Europe for ages, and scoring...many. Including at the Final of CL. Check stats, you love them. Wellbeck? To me all is said with one word - a revelation! Owen, Giggs, Valencia - yes please, in a game like this they can score one each easily... And why rotations, or why dropping certain players for full 90 minutes? Sir Alex said it clearly - Rooney is so strong physically atm that he can do a game almost every day... Teams like Basel don't go to United to defend, it will be a murder, they usually go for pride and to impress - that to me is more danger for odds of 1,85 than the rotations. Man Utd might not have the Barcelona bench, but the possible ''substitutes'' are very strong by all standards. And they will also go out to impress, especially the forwards - it is four guys competing for one place, I take for granted Rooney is institutional... If odds of 1,85 are not good to you for United to score 3 or more against Basel, I wonder what would be good odds in your opinion Mustafa? As I mostly do in-play, if no goal in the first 20-25 minutes, these odds will go up over 2,00. Would that be good? With or without rotations? P.S. Just to clear the ''pitbull'' bit a little - even players who usually are with more destructive tasks ( Park, Anderson, etc ) in a game like tonight's will go forward more often - this was what I meant.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSKA vs Inter – over 2.5 goals 2.20 at Ladbrokes (3/10) Have to fancy the overs in this match. Inter need to win this match to get their Champions League campaign up and running as well as to help to build on the momentum that came with the win over Bologna at the weekend, so will have to have an attacking mindset. Whilst it wasn’t an excellent performance against Bologna it was much improved and they were able to sustain periods of attacking pressure in the game despite missing the likes of Sneijder and Maicon. The only enforced change from that match will be Forlan but he’s struggling to settle in and Milito may have been Ranieri’s preffered option in this match anyway, so I think as they did at the weekend they will be able to create chances for themselves. However Inters worse area is defence, and for all their attacking pressure against Bologna they still looked shaky in defence. Nagotomo, Chivu and Samuel were all caused problems by Di Vaio in the match and he was often able to find space in behind them. I don’t know much about CSKA but with the likes of Doumbia and Love in the team they should be able to exploit these weaknesses in Inters defence. :hope
I will follow, convinced by this post! Good luck!

Anybody can not win anybody! Can't agree with that as a good reason to back Man City in Munich... Selection, physical condition, ambitions, anything, but ''This is CL and anybody can beat anybody'' is no good, I am sorry. If that is the case then why do we see an elite group of teams winning CL all the time? Last time I remember an absolute outsider making it to the Final and winning it was Steaua Bucurest, beating Barca on penalties in Sevilla. Samp made it in their glory days, so did Leverkusen, Dinamo Kiev ( if I remember well were close to the top, and that's about it...City are not yet part of that elite, they have a mountain to climb to get there ( or spend another 100 million ), plus get a real top-Manager. IMO City walking out of Allianz Arena with 3 points will be a surprise. Not that I mind - along with Inter, Real and AC Milan, Bayern are on top of my hate-list as a fan. So far what I see is not a CL-winner material, City grow too fast and rather sooner than later will get burnt - this game is their biggest test they had so far in Europe. The Manager they have hasn't done enough in Europe, the players ( although most with great experience ) need more time and games together in CL before they are backable vs teams the size of Munich. Bayern are beaming confidence - as dangerous as ever forward, and with major improvement at the back. A draw - maybe, with a compact approach...But a win? Wish you luck, no bet for me, but if forced to stake, I would rather back Bayern to beat the - 1 H'cap instead of backing a City win...
Would you really class Man City as similar to Steaua Bucharest as they were at the time? Or Bayer Leverkusen? You are referring to different eras Nicko and it's not a fair comparison. Besides Messi is there a better forward in Europe than Aguero currently? I doubt it. Better creative midfielder than Silva? Again I would say he has performed better than even Xavi, Iniesta so far. Man City will be an elite club and have made massive strides they are not the traditional underdogs performing above their level, nobody has ever done what they have done before, maybe Chelsea but they were at a high level anyway, the quality of the attacking players they have is top drawer..saying all that, for what it's worth I do agree with you! Don't think City can yet be counted as an elite club as they have proved nothing but the players they have bought puts them in a higher bracket than your examples and it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the CL semi's this year, they are not a flash in the pan that will do well one year and disappear the next. As for the game tonight I have already put my thoughts, it's a no bet for me, too many questions, how do people even know where the value lies in such a game? I agree with most of what you have put and agree they need more time. I realise this debate could run for 4 pages but I will only do this post regarding the issue as the thread just becomes general chat (which it generally does anyway)..GL tonight.

I think you missed my point nicko. What I wanted to say is that in CHL history we have seen many times when some big underdogs wins/draw the game against top english/spain/german teams. And ManCity isn't acutally some underdog type of team right now ;) Besides that - this is only one game. In 90 minutes of play you can be lucky and you can be very unlucky. This is not some kind of ''best from 3 or 4 games''....the final result will not always show who is the better team. And my bet wasn't based that the ball is round so anything can happen. It was based on that oddsmakers have underestimated ManCity chances..... oddsmakers mistake, thats all. I am not comparing which team has better players... they both have excelent ones. If I would see [email protected] I would go with Bayern, but 1.95..... no fckin way.
You might look at this from another angle though...When will be the next time in group stages Bayern Munich will get get odds of 2,00 against any team? As they are seem seeded for life, you won't see them in the groups with Real, Barca, Milan, Man United, Chelsea, Lyon...Such odds for Home Win in group stages will apply to Munich in maybe 1 out of 15-20 games. Why the bookmakers ''underestimate'' Man City? Or rather do they? A very good team as individuals, with massive ambitions from the Board and the fans, but no CL experience at all. The only mistake I see by the bookmakers is that they rated City with higher chances to win CL than Bayern ( and few more well-established teams ), before the Group Draw. I haven't looked at that market recently, but that to me was much bigger calculation flop than tonight's odds. Fine, Spurs were very close to the Semi, all they needed was a bit of luck, and their opponent at the Semi would have been an easier one that the one at the Quarters IMO - great for a newcomer! So the question here is why City can not do it, with a better team on paper? That makes your point stronger... Personally I can't see a Manager like Mancini winning much. He hasn't matured in years IMO, and with Inter he had a much bigger potential than he has with City. He was winning titles at home, true. All he managed there in CL was a kick-boxing fight in Valencia...

I think you should take into account the result at Villarreal (Bayern won 0-2). Before that game, the story was about Villarreal's fantastic home record in Europe. I don't think they'd lost a home European tie for years (in fact think they'd WON eight in a row). And Bayern hadn't won in Spain for years either - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000263/match=2007578/prematch/background/index.html http://www.soccerway.com/teams/spain/villarreal-club-de-futbol/ By contrast, Man City apparently disappointed at home to Napoli, and their away record in Europe last season was mediocre at best - http://www.soccerway.com/teams/england/manchester-city-football-club/ I think the home/draw/away odds are about right. I'd make Bayern favourites, but of course City have a chance of a win with their strikers. I think both these teams will qualify from the group (and both have a chance of winning the tournament). I could well be wrong, but the game has the smell of a low-scoring game to me, and could well be a draw - say 0-0 or 1-1.
The warning signs are there for City after the first group game. However, it was their first ever Champions League game, pressure at home etc. A few games later, I think they're more settled in now and Saturday was an example of them working hard for the victory, whereas against Napoli I think they almost expected to win and carelessly bombed forward which allowed Napoli to catch them on the break. City had enough shots in the game to win it. Bayern Munich's defence scares me though;
Bayern Munich have now gone nine games in all competitions without conceding a goal since Igor de Camargo beat Manuel Neuer on the opening day of the season.
Source

Odds are good and fair Mustafa! You often mention rotations with the bigger clubs' date= but I don't really see the point in it...Tonight's opponent means IMO no Park ( for example ) and another 1-2 ''pitbull-fighters'', as the Swiss are not a top opponent. With or without rotations United will look more forward. And if the forwards are concerned, let's have a look at those rotations - Berbatov? Please check who is United's top-scorer last season. He never had a drop in form, he simply said the wrong thing in the wrong place. I know for certain he is in best physical shape ever, and waits for a chance, this time quiet and modestly. Didn't work with Leeds, but he has been in Europe for ages, and scoring...many. Including at the Final of CL. Check stats, you love them. Wellbeck? To me all is said with one word - a revelation! Owen, Giggs, Valencia - yes please, in a game like this they can score one each easily... And why rotations, or why dropping certain players for full 90 minutes? Sir Alex said it clearly - Rooney is so strong physically atm that he can do a game almost every day... Teams like Basel don't go to United to defend, it will be a murder, they usually go for pride and to impress - that to me is more danger for odds of 1,85 than the rotations. Man Utd might not have the Barcelona bench, but the possible ''substitutes'' are very strong by all standards. And they will also go out to impress, especially the forwards - it is four guys competing for one place, I take for granted Rooney is institutional... If odds of 1,85 are not good to you for United to score 3 or more against Basel, I wonder what would be good odds in your opinion Mustafa? As I mostly do in-play, if no goal in the first 20-25 minutes, these odds will go up over 2,00. Would that be good? With or without rotations? P.S. Just to clear the ''pitbull'' bit a little - even players who usually are with more destructive tasks ( Park, Anderson, etc ) in a game like tonight's will go forward more often - this was what I meant.
Last season United scored more than 2 goals in CL only once in the semi-final against Schalke when they won first leg. Also, Man.United tend to score goals early in the first half and then they attack less. If the players will go forward does not mean they will score many goals ;)

Otelul managed to score at Basel because they were facing a team that was as poor as they were.Otelul is unrecognizable from the team that won the championship and is on the brink of dismantling because of conflict in the upper management(money as a cause ). A comparation between today's Otelul and UCL teams Unirea and CFR is very simillar with a comparation between Norwich and Chelsea.
Otelul is very poor, cannot compare them with Urziceni and Cluj which all had great players, great spirit, etc. Otelul is a shadow of the team from last season and also, seems that the referees are not helping them so much this time. 0-0 with Mioveni, 1-0 to Sibiu? Come on guys! Also, Benfica is a killer for Romanian teams as they eliminated MY TEAM UNIVERSITATEA CRAIOVA in 1982, in the semifinals of UEFA CUP 0-0 and 1-1. Also elimnated Dinamo and Steaua. Otelul might get something from the meeting with poor Basel, but not much than 1 points, IF they will score!

I can't find much value among the CL fixtures this week, I also believe that City worth a punt at these odds. Anyway I decided to back four draws this week in games that I consider as tight affairs and teams are pretty even. CSKA Moscow v Inter Draw @3.30 Bayern Munich v Man City Draw @3.75 Valencia v Chelsea Draw @ 3.30 Marseille v Dortmund Draw @ 3.25 I'll put minimum stakes on singles, doubles, trebles and four fold. Bet taken with Bet365, I guess you might find better prices with other bokies. Some short reasonings: CSKA v Inter Moscow has always been hard place to go, Inter desperately needs to win this one as they started in a terrible way losing to Trabzonspor at home. But as I mentioned they will miss several important players in the likes of Snejder, Stankovic, Motta, Maicon and Forlan. CSKA Moscow showed some great spirit against Lille in France when they were 2 goals down but managed to take a point. Russians have some quality players, most of them with some experience in CL from previous seasons. Bayern v City A lot has been said about this game. Bayern with some impressive record but I don't think City are doing worse so far. Price of 3.75 is a pure value if you ask me considering there is not much difference between those two in terms of quality. Valencia v Chelsea After the great game against Barca Valencia disappointed their fans with absolutely apathetic game against Sevilla, obviously looking ahead to Chelsea. Soldado, Canales and Pablo Hernandez were rested, Alba was suspended. I expect Emeri to field pretty much the same XI that he chose for Barca game except for Albelda who is injured. Alba and Mathieu will probably start on the left wing, Miguel and Pablo Hernandez on the right wing, Ruiz and Rami in the CB, Banega, Canales in the midfield along with Maduro may be who will step in instead of Albelda, and Soldado up front. I think both teams will be happy with the draw here since this is the most important clash in the group and neither of them will risk to much as losing might get them into a trouble. Marseille v Dortmund Those two didn't start the season in their domestic leagues in the best way. However Marseille nicked 1-0 win on the road against Olympiacos and will enter this clash in a better position. Dortmund outplayed Arsenal in the first fixture IMO but still they should be happy with the draw coming in the late minutes with Perisic's fantastic equalizer. Germans show a lot of enthusiasm, they have some young quality players in the likes of Gotze, Kagawa, Gundogan etc which in my opinion are slightly better than the French lads. However Marseille and their coach Deschamps already have enough experience in CL and we often see them having some close and tight games, take for example their home game against United last year when they held a goalless draw.
The best reasoning I have seen in a long time. Week one lost me a l,ot of money because barcelona and manchester City failed to win what looked like straight forward games. I think a lot has changed in europe in the last 2 seasons.the italian teams look stronger, Bayern are back, Benfica look solid and we have a new team called mancity that can beat any team in my opinion.

I know there is nothing like a banker but the Marseille, CSKA and Valencia game are draws by all means. An out of form CSKA against an inter side that will only come for a point because of injuries and suspension.

A Marseille team struggling for form against a Dortmund side that just doesn’t take their chances.

I’m thinking both teams to score in the Valencia game as Chelsea’s defense is leaky and I think Torres and Drogba will cause Valencia problems as well.

Benfica should bash Otelul but having said that it wont happen.I think there is valuein almost all the games this week including europa. I n seasons past it was just easy to go for the home win but I think this time there will be a number of surprise results and now is the time to capitalize.

I will do most of my betting in play

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Bayern-Man City=both teams to score (1.66) bet365 Preview: Bayern: absent: Holger Badstuber (defender 7 / 0); in doubt: Arjen Robben (midfielder 3 / 2); injured: Ivica Olic (striker 2 / 1). Man City: Suspended: Balotelli (striker 2 / 1); absent: Owen Hargreaves (midfielder 0 / 0); injured: Adam Johnson (midfielder 4 / 0), Nigel de Jong (midfielder 1 / 0). Bayern have won the first match of Group A away from home against Villarreal with a score of 0-2 while Manchester City drew the first group game at home against Napoli with a score of 1-1. Bayern so far recorded in the league and cup goals no less than 11. The arrival of Neuer in goal gave security to the department, and the tactical scheme of the new coach Jupp Heynckes also gives more coverage to the defense. But against the City of several Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko is possible that this record of no goals being erased. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Trabzonspor vs Lille I think that the quality will say its word and Lille will get what they deserve from this game. With Sow, Predretti and Joe Cole on fire, Lille will dominate the game and will get the points. Trabzon was really lucky in the first game, now they should say thanks if they will get 1 point. Lille lost 2 points in last minute with CSKA, so the motivation is huge now, to get them back. away 0 AH @ 1.86 with >10Bet

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Napoli-Villarreal =1 (1.80) Totosì Preview: Villarreal: injured: Ruben (forward 4 / 1), Angel (defender 0 / 0); absent: Giuseppe Rossi (forward 5 / 2); Suspended: Borja Valero (5 midfielder / 0). The Naples is preparing for this game with the right concentration and in this you can add the warmth of a crowded San Paolo for the maximum return to European competition: there are all the ingredients for a magical evening. The challenge with Villarreal in my opinion is the easier of the group A. Napoli drew the first match against Man City. Villarreal has lost his opening match at the Madrigal against Bayern Monaco, was greatly weakened compared to last year, heavy, especially the sale of Cazorla. In addition to the cutting edge of Giuseppe Rossi, who will be absent even his replacement Reuben is absent. The defense of the accused considerable Villarreal hardships and difficulties and is the weakest point of the training. Coach Garrido ranks the former Udinese player Zapata as a right-back role in which the player makes the best and often goes into difficulties. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Manchester United vs Basel Home side is very dangerous when playing on Old Trafford and every one will want to impress Fergie. Basel was weak against Otelul and will get many goals if they wil play like that. I do believe that United will win, I hope will be a bigger win, cannot think to other type of bet here. home -1.5 AH @ 1.7 with Canbet

Would you really class Man City as similar to Steaua Bucharest as they were at the time? Or Bayer Leverkusen? You are referring to different eras Nicko and it's not a fair comparison. Besides Messi is there a better forward in Europe than Aguero currently? I doubt it. Better creative midfielder than Silva? Again I would say he has performed better than even Xavi' date=' Iniesta so far. Man City will be an elite club and have made massive strides they are not the traditional underdogs performing above their level, nobody has ever done what they have done before, maybe Chelsea but they were at a high level anyway, the quality of the attacking players they have is top drawer..saying all that, for what it's worth I do agree with you! Don't think City can yet be counted as an elite club as they have proved nothing but the players they have bought puts them in a higher bracket than your examples and it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the CL semi's this year, they are not a flash in the pan that will do well one year and disappear the next. As for the game tonight I have already put my thoughts, it's a no bet for me, too many questions, how do people even know where the value lies in such a game? I agree with most of what you have put and agree they need more time. I realise this debate could run for 4 pages but I will only do this post regarding the issue as the thread just becomes general chat (which it generally does anyway)..GL tonight.[/quote'] :ok Just a short comment. Silva and Aguero rated so high? Maybe, after I see them performing just as well in Champions League, and with City. Especially Aguero, with proven ups and downs, with being moody and very quick-tempered...Silva? Brilliant, and will be in any club, but having him next to Xavi and Iniesta ( and Fabregas ) - only when I see another Silva playing along with him! Because that's what makes Xavi and Iniesta great... The Steaua example is ancient, but it only proves my point - it will take ages to have another few teams in that elite group. True, bigger money move in the sports now, and changes might take place sooner, still we need to see that City. In CL. Chelsea had one advantage over Man City when they launched their Euro claims seriously - a guy call Jose Mo, and the club was benefiting from his work long after he was gone... Again, no bet for me, the games has many unknowns, and it looks very Underish to me, I see an Italian-style compact start. In-play - for sure, because the potential is massive - Gomez only needs half a chance in the box, Aguero only needs one fast break... GL

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Lyon vs Dinamo Home side looks very good under their new manager despite shaking in some games. At home they are a powerful side and I think this bet is very good to be taken. Remember Lyon reaction agaisnt Rubin, how much power they had in attack. Dinamo is well known for getting big defeats when playing away. Lyon is not Real Madrid and I think they will get this game very, very seriously. home -1 AH @ 1.80 with Canbet

Last season United scored more than 2 goals in CL only once in the semi-final against Schalke when they won first leg. Also, Man.United tend to score goals early in the first half and then they attack less. If the players will go forward does not mean they will score many goals ;)
Last season was last season :ok...I already took those odds as I find it reasonable to expect 3+ goals from United. And if you are right and they score early, there are good ways in-play to lay the main bet for smaller, but guaranteed profit.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September CSKA vs Inter Inter will look to bounce back from their bad results. IMO the players wanted to sack their ex coach as they realized can't get further with him, to win something this season. It is not the first time they did that at this club. So Inter will show their best today and can snatch a win against a side that is not at its best these days. away +0.25 AH @ 1.87 with >10Bet

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Bayern vs Manchester City City is playing a big cart here. If they will lose and Napoli will win, they will be with the 3rd chance in this group. If Bayern wins, they will get first chance of this group. I think that will have a tough battle and away side will not lose this game. away +0.75 AH @ 1.91 with Stan James

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September I agree with Lille being closer to to win, but I also agree that with the players missing the Turks will concentrate on defense big time - 4 points from 2 games will be excellent. I watched the full game at Bilbao - with a man down for most of the game they only allowed two good chances vs a strong and attacking team. Clean sheet in Milano is also a strong argument that Trabzon can keep it very tight. Lille needs the 3 points more, so they will look forward more often. Can they be trusted though, after dropping a 2-0 comfortable lead vs a fatigue-plagued and ( arguably ) weaker team? My original thoughts were Over 2,5 Goals, as this was the highest-priced Over... No bet, but the logic says Under... So far I settled with an Over in Moscow ( followed a post above ) with 4 units and a simple double Man Utd and Real to win @ 1,385 ( local ) with massive 20 units.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September I have gone through the todays CL card and again i see huge handicaps offered on favourites. So some initial thoughts.. Inter might be huge on dnb (2.28 atm) but Sneijder out is a big blow to them, so probably no bet there. Also Ranieri is not the king of European football but the necesity to win might play a role here. Again CSKA with good team, so i am not sticking my neck out. Bayen - Man City game is very interesting to me. I wonder if Mancini will play his usual PL style, or will he revert to keeping the net intact, if yes, unders have glorious valuec valued at 2.13. Bayerns defence is as solid as it gets, while Mancini should revert to 3 man DM again, but again, lineups must be seen to make final decision. Plethora of games have simply ridicoulous hcp`s so i am not fond of playing them the one i do like is overs in Lille game, which is priced really high, i do believe host will battle it on home pitch, while Lille has some excellent forward line but tend to leak some goals at the back, 2.26 is very appealing and i will take that one Trabzonspor - Lille over 2.5 @ 2.26 sbobet Napoli is short for beating Villareal, no way i am taking the odds uder evens as squads are pretty much same on quality, but Napoli is having some troubles in scorin goals, while also Villareal is regular participant in CL. Romanians might be bad, but hcp is too high, hence skipping this one aswell. Real and Man Utd will both win, but they have to do it with 3 goals or else no profit, i will say thanks and move on. The other bet that I will take is again a big handicap, but simply i must take it, as i have a good feeling it should go through. Its Lyon win against Dinamo. Sure, Dinamo played with heart against Real and got good smal defeat, so they might feel over confident now, Lyon looks very dangerous to me this season, especially Gomis is excellent, with Bastos and Kallstrom as likely providers, Lyon should grab all three points. Dinamo will play with one attacker with Sammir on AMC, Kelava might be the key and i think this will be a big game for him and hope he will crumble under pressure from opposition and home fans Lyon - Dinamo Lyon -1.25 @ 2.12 sbobet

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September This is a good bet: Nani to score anytime 6/4 with Paddy Power. Without Rooney and Hernandez I think the wings will play a big part tonight against Basel. Nani, Valencia and Park are all in a fantastic form and they should share a couple of goals in between them... Nani will be too fast for the Basel's defense.:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Hi to all, first post from me. IMO Bayern, will grab the 3 points today. Why? My point of view is not based on statistic according to this one. It`s clear that Bayern are much more experienced in intenational games full of tradition and mеntality. Non of these important things stands behind City and when we add Mancini as coach and visiting Allianz arena, this game should have only one outcome - home win. I`ve watched last games of City and they dont impress me at all. Counting on individual quality of Aguero and Dzeko and countless attacks from both flanks is not working. It won`t work against Bayern and its clear that neutralizing both flanks of City will ensure you at least a point. I`m taking Bayern with high stakes. GL 2 all.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Cska Moscow v Inter Draw @ 3.40 I think this could end any of 3 ways and i see no stand out reasons as to whether this will go over or under either. I don't rate Ranieri, Inter have several players missing and in recent better times they have only narrowly won in Moscow. Moscow have a goal threat which is a worry for Inter's current disorganised defence. I went from thinking of Inter dnb, to draw to Cska dnb and in the end felt the best value was the draw mainly because even though i believe cska has never had a better chance to beat Inter they will also view a draw as a decent result. Trabzonspor V Lille Both to score @ 1.95 Quite suprised with these odds, french sides are traditionally weak away from home in europe and Lille epitomise this more than any other french side. They are inexperienced at this level, shown by throwing away a 2-0 lead against Moscow. They weakened over the summer or at best stood still and although over 2 legs i'd expect them to knock out Tranzonspor, after the disappointment of the draw v Moscow i think they'll go searching for goals. Trabzonspor have a few injuries to contend with but i think the atmpsophere will spurr them on. I will also consider taking on Lille In play. 1-0 down at HT, will possibly take Lille DNB Drawing with 60-70 min gone, Lille win. Depending on odds and performance. Bayern V Man city Man city DNB 2.62 Initially had this down as a draw but had/have a feeling Man City will stun Bayern alittle here. I think the unders may be a good shout but i'm leaving that market alone until i see how Man city perform away from home in europe. I think Mancini's whole philosophy and player setup suits away games in CL. I've seen alot of Bayern and they have tended to make hard work of games even when dominating. Of course i'm speculating here, but i imagine Man City will hold more of a threat when Bayern attack. I think the Germans will be cautious to an extent but they have been naive in the past especially at home and i think they'll be so here again and that will be their downfall. I think the odds justify the risk. Marseille V Dortmund Marseille DNB @ 1.90 Alittle suprised with these odds. I backed Dortmund against Arsenal and although they kinda impressed me and deserved a win they didn't show me anything to suggest they'll do well away from home. I expected more from them in the final third. Marseille have started the season in awful form however they got their first win recently and that should help. All is not lost in any comp yet but they need to put in a good performance tonight and i think this is the perfect opportunity. I'll be very suprised if they lose this one.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September I'll have a wee go at the Champions League tonight ... - Lyon -1AH (v Dinamo Zagreb) @ 1.79 with 188bet medium stakes There's a lot to like about Lyon at the moment. They sit joint-top of Le Championnat and have only lost one game this season, on the road at Caen last week. At the Stade Gerland, they've been exceptional, furthermore enhanced by a very strong 3-1 win over Bordeaux at the weekend. The French club got what they perceived as a very good point away at Ajax in matchday 1, which puts them in a strong position in terms of qualifying behind Real Madrid. Under new manager Remi Garde, the players seem more content and happy to express themselves. A good example of this is Michel Bastos, who has returned to something like his old form on the left flank after wanting to leave under last season's manager Claude Puel. He has struck up a lethal rapport with Bafetibi Gomis, who is scoring regularly and looks very fit. That duo will be a handful for the Croatian side. The Lyon defence is also looking strong. Former Dinamo defender Dejan Lovren has now settled in to the side well and is forming a very productive partnership with Bakary Kone in the absence of Cris. Hugo Lloris, their international keeper, was tremendous in Amsterdam and offers a normally highly reliable last line of defence. In short, Lyon are in very good shape right now, especially at home. What of Dinamo? Well, I'm no expert on them, but it appears they are a side that tend to save their best football for playing at home. They aren't especially good travellers and although players such as Sammir and Mateo Kovacevic are talented players, their experience in the Champions League is negligible. Furthermore, their captain Igor Biscan is injured along with fellow defender Leandro Cufre, and Sime Vrsaljko is suspended. Their league form has been extremely solid, as is often the case, but Croatian football is pretty average in comparison to this level. Their 2-0 defeat to Malmo in Sweden in the final CL qualifier is perhaps a more telling indicator of their abilities away from home in Europe. Lyon appear a far stronger side. At the Gerland, in front of a full house and with momentum from good league form, I find it hard to not see them winning against a side that often struggles outside of Croatia and is missing the more experienced element of its team. Lyon have adapted well to life without Lisandro, Cris and Yohann Gourcuff, who are all injured. The side, under Garde, looks primed for a good season, and they'll feel they can take a big step towards qualification with a win here. I think they'll do it readily enough.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Bayern M. vs Man. City Pick: Draw Probable starting eleven: Bayern Munchen: Neuer, Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber Lahm, Luiz Gustavo, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Kroos, Ribery, Gomez Manchester City: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva, Aguero, Nasri, Dzeko The most interesting match in this round will be this one in Munchen. The home Bayern is in excellent form, but Manchester City is also in great form. Bayern Munchen coach Jupp Heynckes will be without injured Croatian striker Ivica Olic. The good news for Heynckes is that Arjen Robben is back from the injury. Heynckes is still unsure if Robben will play as the team is playing very well even without him. On other side Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini will be without Nigel de Jong.The German media were expecting Owen Hargreaves to play against his former club, but that is not possible as he was not named in 25-man squad for this competition. I expect good football at Allianz Arena. Bayern will surely try to win, but Manchester City is also strong. They are inexperienced as a team, but have very good and experienced players. So, I believe Manchester City is able to stay unbeaten here. Draw is my call.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September CSKA Moscow vs Inter Pick: Draw Probable starting eleven: CSKA Moscow: Gabulov; V. Berezutski, Ignashevich, Nababkin, A.Berezutski; Aldonin, Cauna, Tosic; Dzagoev; Love, Doumbia Inter: Julio Cesar; Nagatomo, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu; Coutinho, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Obi; Pazzini, Milito I expect an interesting and efficient match in Moscow. But I don't see a clear favorite. CSKA is playing at home, they started the UEFA Champions League campaign with a good result (draw away to Lille) and they are a small favorite here. But Inter is very experienced team, they were the champions two seasons earlier. It is true Inter started the season very bad, but everything is different now. The former coach Gasperini was fired and Claudio Ranieri was appointed as a new coach. Under him Inter started well and won 3:1 against Bologna at Saturday. The atmosphere in the squad is positive and I am sure Inter can stay unbeaten in Moscow. Ranieri will be missing Wesley Sneijder, Maicon, Thiago Motta and Dejan Stankovic due to injuries and Diego Forlan as he can't play in Champions League. CSKA Moscow on other side is almost complete as only the goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev will miss the game due to injury. Considering all previous mentioned facts, I think this match could ende with a draw.

Odds are not so good for that IMO. Fergusson often rotates the squad and I quite often when someone expects United to score a lot they only win narrowly 1-0 or 2-0. Both Rooney and Hernandez will miss this game' date=' so most likely it will be Berbatov and Owen/Wellbeck up front.[/quote'] This is Man United v Basle at Old Trafford, not Barcelona v United at the Nou Camp... Doesnt matter what team Fergie puts out, there are goals in them!

Last season United scored more than 2 goals in CL only once in the semi-final against Schalke when they won first leg. Also' date=' [b']Man.United tend to score goals early in the first half and then they attack less. If the players will go forward does not mean they will score many goals ;)
Really??? :unsure United stop attacking after they score a goal after 50 odd minutes??? Jesus Mustafa i have been a fan for 20 years and i havent noticed that.. NONSENSE

Hi to all, first post from me. IMO Bayern, will grab the 3 points today. Why? My point of view is not based on statistic according to this one. It`s clear that Bayern are much more experienced in intenational games full of tradition and mеntality. Non of these important things stands behind City and when we add Mancini as coach and visiting Allianz arena, this game should have only one outcome - home win. I`ve watched last games of City and they dont impress me at all. Counting on individual quality of Aguero and Dzeko and countless attacks from both flanks is not working. It won`t work against Bayern and its clear that neutralizing both flanks of City will ensure you at least a point. I`m taking Bayern with high stakes. GL 2 all.
:welcome Don't really agree with much of your reasoning i'm afraid. Not sure how much the Bayern experience in europe matters. They've hardly dominated and their is a class difference in favour of city here on paper. City don't attack on the flanks at all, they play an inter changing front four and often build around the edge of the box. As seen against Spurs, this system is most powerful on the counter attack.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27 September Lyon banker of the day/week/month/year. Well, I think we should all sell our houses, car's and family silverware and bet on Lyon. I was reading all this before match VS Real, where many of you were betting on large number of goal's and Real winn with several goal difference and I remember one guy who waited game VS Real and invested a lot of money on Real handicap. In terms of quality Lyon is better than Dinamo, having all that experience in CL and poor Dinamo, newcomer after so many years in CL will go out on Gerland with white flag. Dont think so. Nica, Ajaccio, Brest, Montpellier, Dijon, Caen ? What do they all have in common? They all scored a goal against Lyon, some of them snatched a draw ( Brest, Ajaccio) and Caen did a litlle miracle and won 1:0 @ home. Many of you already said that Lyon is playing different now, with strong defence waiting on killer counter's. This is CL and you can alway's expect unexpected and many things depends how will Dinamo react and play. It is all about momentum of play, if Dinamo open this game seriously and concentrated Lyon could have some problem's and by that I'm not saying they won't win, but it will be trashing style I must say that I dont think so. Anyway, as I said last time when Dinamo played VS Real on Maximir, my opinion is best to wait and see how will Dinamo react (and Lyon also) and bet live. GL to all of ya...

City don't attack on the flanks at all, they play an inter changing front four and often build around the edge of the box. As seen against Spurs, this system is most powerful on the counter attack.
No problem to disagree mate, it`s just my opinion. I can`t see City waiting on counter attack with such players. And i never underestimate the power of tradition and mentality. We all have witnessed poor quality squads to have done big things just because of their history. City just don`t have it.