** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: England vs West Indies - 2xT20 Internationals

kevshat

England close out the international summer with two T20 matches against a young West Indies side at The Oval over the weekend. With the T20 world cup draw just being announced these matches will be match practice for those with just 12 months until the event. Both matches are live on sky and appear to have the usual markets priced up for them so a couple of chances to win a few quid here it would seem. Schedule:

Fri Sep 23 17:15 GMT | 18:15 local 18:15 BST 1st T20I - England v West Indies Kennington Oval, London 30.png 10 - 19° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Partly Cloudy Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sun Sep 25 17:30 GMT | 18:30 local 18:30 BST 2nd T20I - England v West Indies Kennington Oval, London 11.png 14 - 20° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Light Rain Click here for 10-day-Forecast

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies - 2xT20 Internationals Missed out on the better prices on England 2-0. C'est la vie. Will go with 3 for tonight. 6pts England Most 6's 5/6 Stan James As we know this is a depleted West Indies side and while they have the odd hitter in their side not many of their team have played in England and more importantly not many of their team have played for a while which could well give England a big advantage tonight. England have named a top 6 which can all clear any ropes in the country let alone these smallish straight boundaries at The Oval and what I like most is with the rain during the India ODI series, we've played a couple of effectively T20 matches in recent times and won them both. We saw what the likes of Jonny Bairstow can do in that last ODI and we've seen all season what Alex Hales and Jos Buttler can do. England have to make sure we keep tabs on Smith and Samuels and if we do I expect England to hit the most 6's here. 4pts D.Smith's Performance Pts - 28&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. If Johan Botha's line was low in the CL then this one definitely is. Dwayne Smith will have played against all this England side in his time with Sussex and he probably walloped half of them around Hove in his time too. There is talk of him opening the batting for the Windies this evening and if he does that he could get to 28pts quite quickly. Should he fail with the bat though he's a handy bowler especially on these Oval wickets which may just suit the cutters and he's also a devastatingly good fielder who will be patrolling the key positions all night so he's another with 3 genuine scoring methods and given that he could open the batting one of his scoring methods is very strong with the 6 over powerplay. Dwayne Smith is a cricketer I like despite his Sussex connections and his performance line looks way too low this evening so I'll take the overs. 1pt ew A.Russell Top West Indies Batsman 16/1 Coral (1/5 123) We saw in the World Cup that this boy can biff a big ball and at 16/1 he's worth a bit of each way interest tonight with this not being the strongest or even the second strongest batting line up they can field. There's one or two who can be expected to perform but many others it would be a surprise if they did. Russell's not much more than a slogger but this can be a sloggers ground with the wicket not really giving much to the bowlers and with Swann skippering England for the first time tonight he may have a tendency to follow the ball a bit. At 16/1 I'll take the Jamaican with the each way terms in the hope he can get a few boundaries away.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies - 2xT20 Internationals 2 for me. Short of time today so only small write up's but they are pretty self expanatory anyway. 3pts England -5.5 wickets/25.5 runs Evs Sportingbet West Indies were a shambles on Friday and even the usual improvement would only put them miles behind this England side. With bat England look 25.5 runs ahead of West Indies and the line up looks good enough to deny them 5 wickets if we're chasing. This looks a handicap well within England's grasp. 3pts Over 6.5 6's 5/6 Paddy Power Same wicket as the other night but I don't think that's going to matter. West Indian batsmen seem hell bent on playing their shots whatever the wicket and have the hitting potential to plonk a few over the ropes while England have a top 6 capable of hitting this poor bowling attack over the ropes. We saw 8 6's in a relative blowout on Friday so I see no reason why we won't see 7 tonight even if this is a blowout.